PDA

View Full Version : I gonna do it

CocoPuffs
01-06-2004, 05:11 AM
hey all,
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you. even though I'm just a lurker I've read this loc forum forward and backward ten times over, been through almost everyone's hair journal and I must say I've been inspired by it all. Tomorrow I will begin my journey to locs I'm going to have them started by a loctition(sp?) then with what I've learned here i will be maintaining them myself.

I'm praying that this jouney will teach me much needed patience as I have become impatient with my loose natural hair(running out of style options and just plain tired)

I've been contemplating locs since last spring but was detered by my friends and family("why would you want to do that to your hair?) but these are the same people who encouraged me to go natural in the first place. but I've learned to turn a deaf ear to their comments and go ahead with it. My father has been gracious enough to fund the first step in my jouney(getting it twisted) He's been my biggest cheerleader through this whole natural journey of mine.:-)

ok enough rambling. :blah
Thank you all so much I'll be starting my photo journal as soon as I get back to school. :thumbsup

gateacher
01-06-2004, 05:15 AM
Good luck and can't wait to see your pics!!

Mechelle

tinovia
01-06-2004, 11:18 AM
Congrats CocoPuffs. I just started my loc journey last week and I'm to excited about my babies...

cateyesmd
01-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by CocoPuffs@Jan 6 2004, 02:11 AM
My father has been gracious enough to fund the first step in my jouney(getting it twisted) He's been my biggest cheerleader through this whole natural journey of mine.:-)

Awesome, major :thumbsup to your dad for supporting youand congrats to you!

amalah9
01-06-2004, 02:08 PM
Congratulations & Welcome to the 'loc journey' CocoPuffs! :bis :app

I've been contemplating locs since last spring but was detered by my friends and family("why would you want to do that to your hair?) but these are the same people who encouraged me to go natural in the first place.
I know exactly what you mean. I too had wanted to loc for a year but didn't cause my husband didn't want me too. He loved my natural hair though. I finally put a set of twists in my hair & 2-1/2 months later he asked me 'Don't you think it's time to redo your twists?'. I then told him my hair was already 'loced' and I couldn't take the twists out. He was a little upset for awhile but now he loves my locs & would be upset if I got rid of 'em.

cateyesmd
01-06-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by amalah9@Jan 6 2004, 11:08 AM
I know exactly what you mean. I too had wanted to loc for a year but didn't cause my husband didn't want me too. He loved my natural hair though. I finally put a set of twists in my hair & 2-1/2 months later he asked me 'Don't you think it's time to redo your twists?'. I then told him my hair was already 'loced' and I couldn't take the twists out. He was a little upset for awhile but now he loves my locs & would be upset if I got rid of 'em.
ROFL :shocked

See my thread about this same thing, LOL. I messed up yall....starting locs on hold (http://www.nappturality.com/modules/ipboard/index.php?showtopic=19381)

Knottygal
01-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Congrats to you and Hip Hip Hooray for Dad :thumbsup Nice to hear!!!

starlene
01-06-2004, 11:08 PM
Congratulations CocoPuffs! Isn't it great to have support? The best support of all is from someone who begat you! Good luck in your journey!

CocoPuffs
01-06-2004, 11:45 PM
thanks for the support and encouragement.

I really love the way my twists turned out(opted for 2 strand twists as my hair naturally tends to tangle easily in this style(I could never leave twists in longer than 3 days for fear of a most dreadful detangling session) Mine never looked as good as these (I could never get the twist tight enough( so it didn't have a big puff then a short twist) this was the first time ever that I've worn twists out in public and I got lots of compliments . I'm so excited about this I stopped infront of every storefront window and checked out my twists then when I got home I examinied my twists in every mirror in the house(like they would look different in another room)

toy
01-07-2004, 12:01 AM
that's wonderful, CocoPuffs! i'll be on the lookout for your album.

W8N2XHL
01-07-2004, 03:31 AM
Go CocoPuffs! It's your Locday!

We gonna 'courage you like it's your Locday!

Now you can put your comb in a frame or time capsule or sell it to some museum.

rockinlocs
01-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Congrats! It's always good to have that support!

Sunchild
01-07-2004, 06:23 PM
Welcome to the board!