PDA

View Full Version : Where should I go?

slmitch86
01-06-2004, 06:57 AM
I'm sorry if this has already been asked but here goes...

My ends are really dry and tangled and I'm ready to clip them off but I don't know where I should go to get them clipped (a hairdresser? barber shop?). Also I don't want to get my hair pressed, is it possible to get ends clipped without pressing (if not I'll just deal with them til I BC)? Thanks.

Ezili
01-06-2004, 07:13 AM
I suggest going to a barber. If you go to a hairstylist they may pressure you into straghtening with a flat iron.

carlaw78
01-06-2004, 10:47 AM
You should get a trim every 6-8 wks to reduce breakage since you are still in the transitioning phase. Some wait longer, it depends on your hair type, but I do. To keep it healthy.

Yes!!!! You can get a trim without pressing, in my opinion it doesn't matter if you go to a barber or stylist ( just make sure they have good scissors) just do a walkin at a salon in the mall or go to someone you don't know, in case your worried about someone pressuring or suggesting a press or relaxer.

You'll be okay, though.....

saga30311
01-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Not sure what area you're in, but you may want to check the Natural Hair Services Forum here, to see if there are natural stylists in your area that will cut your hair without trying to straighten it first.

HTH

slmitch86
01-07-2004, 04:21 AM
I'll be going to get em trimmed soon, thanks for the advice.