PDA

View Full Version : Training top locs to lay back

ShekinahSoul
01-07-2004, 03:44 PM
Well I'm on my last leg of getting my locs to shape up as I've always envisioned them. I've always wanted my locs to just hang down and fall back. Well the locs on the front of my head have the longest way to go since they have to be long enough to fall backwards. And well they are about there but they have been hanging down the front so long they are "trained" to fall forward. :mad Not the idea I had in mind. Soooo this is what I'm doing to train the locs to fall backward.

In the mornings after I mist the locs I interweave the locs on the top of my head sorta like a flat twist. And that keeps them off my face and laying back. At night I undo these flat twists and the locs are nice and flat and laying back by night time and I put my satin wrap on and that holds them laying back in place while I sleep sooooo the locs never fall forward all day and night. :) This SHOULD work in training the locs to always lay flat and at some point I should not have to flat twist the top locs. I undo them at night so that they do not marry that way. :duck

NaturallyJade
01-07-2004, 03:52 PM
I like that idea. I will have to remember it in case I want to change the pattern. How long do you think that will take?

Sunchild
01-07-2004, 03:55 PM
My front locks lay in right in front of my eyes. They are long enough that they tickle my lips. I just do the finger run thru. But now I have enough to make a ponytail, so they are forever being pulled back.

ShekinahSoul
01-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Mzfitbodi@Jan 7 2004, 11:52 AM
I like that idea. I will have to remember it in case I want to change the pattern. How long do you think that will take?
I honestly do not know but I'm thinking until enough new growth has come in and some of the hair locs in a pattern based on my hair falling back and that loc pattern will cause the loc to always fall back. I'm just guessing but I think my logic works :lol

mejayt
01-07-2004, 06:01 PM
I think the way that you twist your locs has a lot to do with the way they will lay. I retwist my locs that are in the front towards the back, away from my face and that is the way it stays.

Schiffon
01-07-2004, 06:35 PM
There are some interesting theories in this thread. Please keep us informed about the results you obtain.

temari
01-08-2004, 12:23 PM
I have done the flat twisting the hair back thang or I just pin them back after spritzing. Otherwise I get the windshield wipers in my eyes :)