PDA

View Full Version : Beautylicious!

natural_butterfly4
01-08-2004, 06:01 AM
Beautylicious, is the Black Girls Guide to the Fabulous Life. The author is Jenyne M. Raines.

Seems as if it full of advice on keeping your life and look together. I just wanted to know if anyone read it? I have a copy on hold at Barnes and Noble. I'd also would like to know your opinion of the book? I like to read books like this one for fun.

NaturalSerenitee
01-08-2004, 09:36 AM
I have been waiting 6 months for this book to finally be published -- I have had it on my Amazon wishlist that long at least. Finally, I was able to order it Tuesday. I tshould be here in a about a week or so, and I am really looking forward to reading this one for fun as well. :)

natural_butterfly4
01-09-2004, 12:19 AM
I picked up my copy today. I will post later and let you know if I like it. The chapters include

Queen Me: Treats to perk you up when the blues have got you down

Fit and Fine: A toned body plus a healthy mind equals a sensational you.

Soul Power: Sizzlw with radiance from the inside out

Super Fly: How to heat up your wardrobe without scorching our self-confidence

Beauty: ...Moi Way: Enhancing fabulous you

There's more but I don't feel like typing. :shock

nappdiva
01-21-2004, 03:32 PM
I've read this book and I must say, it was great! It reminds you to always take care of yourself and try to live the best life possible! I'm buying copies for my friends.

You know, my grandmother and her friends reminded me of the images that were in this book. They were always sharp, fun, great with entertaining, and they always made it seem so effortless. This book captured those images perfectly.