PDA

View Full Version : Christmas 2006 In Western Europe

clottie
06-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Hi everyone! I am planning on traveling this Christmas to France, Germany, and Switzerland. I wanted to find out if anyone has been to these countries. If so, which cities are the best to visit. Can you recommend accomodation? Places to see and visit?
Thanks

gsutiger2
06-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Clottie, try posting your msg on the Yahoo message board Black Travels.

clottie
06-15-2006, 08:17 AM
Clottie, try posting your msg on the Yahoo message board Black Travels.
[/b]

Thanks I will give it a try.

Poetic_Butterfly
06-15-2006, 10:35 PM
Hi,

I've traveled to France and it is a beautiful country. The French prefer that you speak French and not English. I plan to visit Fance again in the near future. I am sure that you are going to have a good time in Europe.

Peace,
Rasta

clottie
06-16-2006, 06:55 AM
Hi,

I've traveled to France and it is a beautiful country. The French prefer that you speak French and not English. I plan to visit Fance again in the near future. I am sure that you are going to have a good time in Europe.

Peace,
Rasta
[/b]

Hi Rasta,
Which city/s did you vist? Did you find good accomodations? Well speaking french for me will be a bit of a challenge however I am preparing now with homestudy. If you could go back what would you do different? Thanks

Poetic_Butterfly
06-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Hi Clottie,

I traveled to Paris and Nantes. My friend that I was visiting lived in Nantes which is a small city two hours outside of Paris. I enjoyed Paris a great deal. I understood why Josephine Baker made France her home. They really have an appreciation for Black people in France, I guess because so many French speaking West Africans live and work there. You asked some good questions about what I would do different. The sightseeing in Paris is the best you have to make sure you go to the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Notre Dame, and many other places to see. I am not sure how long you are going to be in France so take advantage of your time there. The only things that I would do different is have more money, and more time to stay longer and maybe make it to the South of France. Take plenty of pictures and enjoy your stay!!!

Peace,
Rasta

PittGirl06
06-21-2006, 04:27 PM
I hve been to France and Germany. Can't speak much for Germany because I was there when I wa sa kid...I was born there and lived there for 4 years. However, looking back at the city, its actually a nice city. Check out Heidelberg. It's actually kinda a college town. Its pretty (based on pics).

I spent several months in France. I been to Grenoble, Paris, and Nice. I also went to Monaco, but thats a whole nother country. I liked Paris but was only there a few days. I was in Nice for a few days and I didn;t like it...it scared me :(. Grenoble is in the Alps....nice city to visit for a day or two. Lots of shops and good eats.

Are you traveling by yourself?

FYI, I never been to Switzerland, but I would reccomend Geneva and Lugano.

clottie
06-22-2006, 02:38 AM
I hve been to France and Germany. Can't speak much for Germany because I was there when I wa sa kid...I was born there and lived there for 4 years. However, looking back at the city, its actually a nice city. Check out Heidelberg. It's actually kinda a college town. Its pretty (based on pics).

I spent several months in France. I been to Grenoble, Paris, and Nice. I also went to Monaco, but thats a whole nother country. I liked Paris but was only there a few days. I was in Nice for a few days and I didn;t like it...it scared me :(. Grenoble is in the Alps....nice city to visit for a day or two. Lots of shops and good eats.

[/b]
Hi PittGirlo6, thanks for responding to my post. I am actually traveling with my fiance. Originally we were planning on two weeks as of today, however I believe I will extend my stay another week and make it a 21 day trip. I know it is a short time however money is limited. I have also heard about Geneva but not Lugano. Why would you recommend Lugano?

reggie
06-22-2006, 04:53 PM

[/b]

i have been living in Nice for just under 6 months. It's definitely different from the states but I don't feel threatened in any way. I find it pretty laid back; not as much to do here as Paris, but still a nice mix of meditteranean and north african cultures. just curious, what scared you about it?