PDA

View Full Version : First Time

Bebobra
01-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Hi all.

I must firstly say that when I discovered this site from a friend I was most impressed! I have been hooked ever since. I have been natural since June 2002 and well through the transistion I wore braids ( for the first time ever!) and then was meant to get it braided again but didn't. I must say that all the different hairstyles and messages on here have finally inspired me to lose the buff and start doing something constructive to my hair. I must say that when I washed my hair the other day it was a mess. I am one who usually looks after my hair ( yes, you guessed it when it was relaxed!) and these days I have been too lazy and not even bothered about it. I went through stages of low times 'cos I wasn't happy with my hair. My hair is pretty coarse so running a comb through it after not looking after it was hard. However last night I was able to put my hair which is about 4" long, into the single twist style. Now don't get me wrong I like it but it still hasn't taken shape of being really that great in presentation that I still wear the buff! (I know what a cop-out!) But the truth of the matter is that at least I have finally washed, conditioned and twisted the hair!

Ok I think I have just posted a thesis, thanks for being here Nappturality and for all the members for their inspiration! :thumbsup

Oh and just one more thing does anyone have any suggestions on the comb twists...not meaning to sound rude but it hurt so bad trying to get the comb in my hair as insturcted. Thanks in advance!

blkrose
01-14-2004, 05:04 PM
:rainfro I do hope you enjoy your journey. I too am excited that this site exist. It is a wonderful source of information and styles. Im hooked. Good luck on your new styling adventure and WELCOME

Bebobra
01-14-2004, 06:22 PM
Thanks so much blkrose!

:doh sorry all, I was wrong with a lil info about me ...I have actually been twa since June 2003 not 2002...too much lye on my head I guess lol

Mrsdawsondn
01-14-2004, 09:50 PM
haha too much lye........ You should get alot of inspiration from this site Lord Knows I have :bis

Have fun here you'll learn alot :thumbsup

----------------------
Attitudes are contagious, Is yours worth catching?

Bebobra
01-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Hi Mrsdawsondn,

Yep too much lye! :razz

Thanks so much and hey yes this site couldn't have come into my life at a better time although I still wish I knew about it BEFORE :)