PDA

View Full Version : what ever happened to?.....

plhollins
01-15-2004, 01:18 PM
i created this post for those of you who may know the whereabouts of or just wondering what happened to those artists/actors/actresses you used to absolutely luuvvv...

you may either post the "missing" person(s) whereabouts or add to the list... here goes:

where is:

willie max - raphael saddiq's protege's
hi-five
public announcement - where r kelly got his start...

see. easy & fun!!

2nappy4u
01-15-2004, 01:20 PM
just wondering...whatever happened to D'angelo.......i used to just luuuuuv his music and he's been off the seen for awhile

Medusa Negrita
01-15-2004, 01:22 PM
Shabba Doo
Stoney Jackson
Ready for the World (oh sheila)

Aquadri
01-15-2004, 01:23 PM
I heard that Hi Five is coming out again with the lead singer Tony and four new members

plhollins
01-15-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Medusa Negrita@Jan 15 2004, 09:22 AM
Shabba Doo
Stoney Jackson
medusa! u'r on point! shabba doo? oooohh weee! he was 1 fine break dancer. stoney jackson & rftw wore the best jheri curls...

aquadri: if u hear any more info about hi-five, plz let me know. i used to think tony was the finest thing since sliced bread...

Sekhmet
01-15-2004, 01:42 PM
The duo Christion. Their CD "Ghetto Cyrano" is one of my all-time favorites.
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000024MF.01.TZZZZZZZ.jpg

blumoonbabe
01-15-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Medusa Negrita@Jan 15 2004, 09:22 AM
Shabba Doo
Stoney Jackson
Dag, those brothers could be the "Jheri Curl Mullet Crew"!

plhollins
01-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Sekhmet@Jan 15 2004, 09:42 AM
i had their single "full of smoke." i saw the video recently & noticed that they were w/rockafella records...who knew!

diggable planets
color me badd
christopher williams
oran "juice" jones
al b sure

i can go on & on.....i'll be back!

blumoonbabe
01-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Sekhmet@Jan 15 2004, 09:42 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000024MF.01.TZZZZZZZ.jpg
I'm not sure what happened with the other fellow in Christion, but Allen Anthony is still with Rocafella Records, and he's the guy who sang the recent hit "Alright", with the remix featuring Freeway (although it was marketed to make folks think it was originally Freeways song :huh ).

Allen's solo album, "Trial and Error" is due for release soon... I don't know the release date though.

blumoonbabe
01-15-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by plhollins@Jan 15 2004, 09:49 AM

diggable planets
color me badd
christopher williams
oran "juice" jones
al b sure

i can go on & on.....i'll be back!
*Digable:

Butterfly ( aka Ishmael) is Coko from SWV's baby daddy, and more recently, moved west and is the leader of a fairly new band called Cherrywine.

Doodlebug: I'll get back with you on that one, I heard news on him VERY recently, but I can't recall what it was at the moment.

Ladybug: She doesn't go by that name anymore, but she just released an independent album that I can't recall the name of right now... as soon as I can get the deets, I'll report them

*Christopher Williams is beating some poor woman near you ( naw, I'm kidding... kinda :-P ) He released an independent album sometime in 2002.

*Oran... is still making club appearances and performing.

*Al B. Sure is sitting around, not making money so that his baby mama, Kim Porter can't dog him for child support like she's doing Puffy. :-cre
At one point, he was doing A&R at Universal, but I'm not sure if he still is. He might still be producing here and there with his cousin Kyle West, and if they are, it's for some artist who hasn't had a hit yet. He had of string of hits as a producer/writer for Tevin Campbell, but we all know what's become of his careeer, so... :doh

plhollins
01-15-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by blumoonbabe@Jan 15 2004, 09:52 AM
I'm not sure what happened with the other fellow in Christion, but Allen Anthony is still with Rocafella Records, and he's the guy who sang the recent hit "Alright", with the remix featuring Freeway (although it was marketed to make folks think it was originally Freeways song :huh ).

Allen's solo album, "Trial and Error" is due for release soon... I don't know the release date though.
that is him... i actually let out a huge squeal @ my desk. that is the video where he's staring in the camera w/a hat on, right?!! & he's talking about genocide, & all the 'cides' that's ruining predominately black communities, right?... plz tell me i'm right!

whutever happened to:
the system - "don't disturb this groove"
kashif
melisa morgan
deja
the jets

plhollins
01-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by blumoonbabe+Jan 15 2004, 10:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blumoonbabe @ Jan 15 2004, 10:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-plhollins@Jan 15 2004, 09:49 AM

diggable planets
color me badd
christopher williams
oran "juice" jones
al b sure

i can go on & on.....i&#39;ll be back!
*Digable:

Butterfly ( aka Ishmael) is Coko from SWV&#39;s baby daddy, and more recently, moved west and the leader of a fairly new band called Cherrywine.

Doodlebug: I&#39;ll get back with you on that one, I heard news on him VERY recently, but I can&#39;t recall what it was at the moment.

Ladybug: She doesn&#39;t go by that name anymore, but she just released an independent album that I can&#39;t recall the name of right now... as soon as I can get the deets, I&#39;ll report them

*Christopher Williams is beating some poor woman near you ( naw, I&#39;m kidding... kinda :-P ) He released an independent album sometime in 2002.

*Al B. Sure is sitting around, not making money so that his baby mama, Kim Porter can&#39;t dog him for child support like she&#39;s doing Puffy. :-cre
At one point, he was doing A&R ut Universal, but I&#39;m not sure if he still is. He might still be producing here and there with his cousin Kyle West, and if they are, it&#39;s for some artist who hasn&#39;t had a hit yet. He had of string of hits as a producer/writer for Tevin Campbell, but we all know what&#39;s become of his careeer, so... :doh [/b][/quote]
thanks blumoonbabe! r u a music journalist or a stalker? :-) :-)
just kidding! i don&#39;t remember which one was butterfly. i&#39;ll do a search online...

blumoonbabe
01-15-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by plhollins+Jan 15 2004, 10:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (plhollins @ Jan 15 2004, 10:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by blumoonbabe@Jan 15 2004, 10:04 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-plhollins@Jan 15 2004, 09:49 AM

diggable planets
color me badd
christopher williams
oran "juice" jones
al b sure

i can go on & on.....i&#39;ll be back!
*Digable:

Butterfly ( aka Ishmael) is Coko from SWV&#39;s baby daddy, and more recently, moved west and the leader of a fairly new band called Cherrywine.

Doodlebug: I&#39;ll get back with you on that one, I heard news on him VERY recently, but I can&#39;t recall what it was at the moment.

Ladybug: She doesn&#39;t go by that name anymore, but she just released an independent album that I can&#39;t recall the name of right now... as soon as I can get the deets, I&#39;ll report them

*Christopher Williams is beating some poor woman near you ( naw, I&#39;m kidding... kinda :-P ) He released an independent album sometime in 2002.

*Al B. Sure is sitting around, not making money so that his baby mama, Kim Porter can&#39;t dog him for child support like she&#39;s doing Puffy. :-cre
At one point, he was doing A&R ut Universal, but I&#39;m not sure if he still is. He might still be producing here and there with his cousin Kyle West, and if they are, it&#39;s for some artist who hasn&#39;t had a hit yet. He had of string of hits as a producer/writer for Tevin Campbell, but we all know what&#39;s become of his careeer, so... :doh
thanks blumoonbabe! r u a music journalist or a stalker? :-) :-)
just kidding! i don&#39;t remember which one was butterfly. i&#39;ll do a search online... [/b][/quote]
LOL@PLhollins...

I&#39;m no stalker, but I have an ex who is! :mad

Anywho...http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGPORTRAITS/music/portrait200/drp000/p037/p03750qu02c.jpg

L-R, Doodlebug, Ladybug, and Butterfly

plhollins
01-15-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by blumoonbabe@Jan 15 2004, 10:38 AM

LOL@PLhollins...

I&#39;m no stalker, but I have an ex who is! :mad

Anywho...http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGPORTRAITS/music/portrait200/drp000/p037/p03750qu02c.jpg

L-R, Doodlebug, Ladybug, and Butterfly
i tried arduously to find a pic of them online but couldn&#39;t. oh! butterfly is the "cute" one. that&#39;s a very nice pic of them...thanks blumoonbabe! :thumbsup

systah
01-16-2004, 03:36 AM
whatever happened to:

dionne farris
grenique
souls of mischief
chris walker
angela winbush
kina
brownstone
arrested development
the brand new heavies
loose ends
ex-girlfriend

plhollins
01-16-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by systah@Jan 15 2004, 11:36 PM
whatever happened to:

dionne farris
angela winbush
kina
brownstone
arrested development
the brand new heavies
loose ends
ex-girlfriend
ooohh systah! u&#39;r bringing back some oldies.... "ex-girlfriend!" it&#39;s like they just dropped off the face of the earth....i have to do some research!!

DreamyNaps
01-16-2004, 01:46 PM
LOL...I had no idea that Coco&#39;s baby daddy was Butterfly...that brotha is FINE! I recently saw him on a PBS skit where he was playing this guy obessed with Ali and boxing. I checked out his Cherrywine website...I think I have to listen again to get into it.
Whatever happen to:
Tribe called Quest
In Living Color
Deelite
Poor Righteous Teacher
Altantic Starr
Salt-n-Pepa
Total
Klymax...LOL
Anita Baker
Shanice...isn&#39;t she married to Flex?
The Boys...before B2K
Tracie Spencer
....shoot I can go on and on

Sekhmet
01-16-2004, 01:58 PM
N&#39;Dea Davenport

I LOVE this album! It&#39;s been on rotation since I got it back in &#39;98.
http://www.panorama.no/plater/cover98/NDea.gif

plhollins
01-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by DreamyNaps@Jan 16 2004, 09:46 AM
LOL...I had no idea that Coco&#39;s baby daddy was Butterfly...that brotha is FINE! I recently saw him on a PBS skit where he was playing this guy obessed with Ali and boxing. I checked out his Cherrywine website...I think I have to listen again to get into it.
Whatever happen to:
Tribe called Quest
In Living Color
Deelite
Poor Righteous Teacher
Altantic Starr
Salt-n-Pepa
Total
Klymax...LOL
Anita Baker
Shanice...isn&#39;t she married to Flex?
The Boys...before B2K
Tracie Spencer
....shoot I can go on and on
yall r making me misty-eyed...
prt, deelite....that was a groovy chick.

i know q-tip was doing his own thing --teaming up w/other artists, appearing in movies --disappearing acts. & shaheed was in the now defunct lucy pearl... i don&#39;t know what happened to the rest of &#39;em

i haven&#39;t heard anything from n&#39;dea davenport, but i do see her videos on vh1 soul...

ok here i go again:

k-solo

kwame&#39;

casanova c & superlover rud - "girls i got &#39;em locked pump it up!"

michel&#39;le - she went in to seclusion after dr. dre&#39; punched on her a coupla times (box --ok. that&#39;s not funny. domestic violence is serious

finesse & synquis

eu

xclan

mc shan

roxanne & roxanne shante&#39;

utfo

crucial conflict....

ok! i&#39;m done.

Lolly
01-16-2004, 02:33 PM
Odyssey....Remember that song "Inside Out"?

nappdiva
01-16-2004, 02:49 PM
Christopher Williams has been doing the play circut, he&#39;s now part of the cast of "If these Hips Could Talk"; last year he was in the play based on Michael Baidsen&#39;s book, Men cry in the Dark. I saw that one, he still looks good.

Shanice is married to Flex, they&#39;re having they&#39;re second child.

Kim Porter is Al B. Sure&#39;s baby&#39;s mama? For real?

I want to know what happened to Ex-Girlfriend myself. I found they&#39;re tape the other day. They were the original Destiny&#39;s Child, X marks the spot spoke of independent woman way before Beyonce.. One of the member of Ex-G named Monica I went to high school with. Represent JFK High NYC!

Where is Full Force? And the Boys, Johnny Kemp (He got paid on Friday then split).

I read where Arrested Development are getting back together, Speech just sued Fox over the AD name; Fox has a TV show of the same name.

I want to know what happened to the rest of the Revolution, Prince is faboulous, but he has never been the same w/o the Revolution, NPG can&#39;t even hang as far as I&#39;m concerned... (with the exception of Rosie Gaines, and Sheila E.)

Where is Appolonia and Vanity?

plhollins
01-16-2004, 02:51 PM
i don&#39;t remember odyssey. if u hum a few bars, maybe i&#39;ll catch the tune.... :violin

plhollins
01-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by nappdiva@Jan 16 2004, 10:49 AM
Christopher Williams has been doing the play circut, he&#39;s now part of the cast of "If these Hips Could Talk"; last year he was in the play based on Michael Baidsen&#39;s book, Men cry in the Dark. I saw that one, he still looks good.

I want to know what happened to Ex-Girlfriend myself. I found they&#39;re tape the other day. They were the original Destiny&#39;s Child, X marks the spot spoke of independent woman way before Beyonce.. One of the member of Ex-G named Monica I went to high school with. Represent JFK High NYC!

Where is Full Force? And the Boys, Johnny Kemp (He got paid on Friday then split).

I read where Arrested Development are getting back together, Speech just sued Fox over the AD name; Fox has a TV show of the same name.

I want to know what happened to the rest of the Revolution, Prince is faboulous, but he has never been the same w/o the Revolution, NPG can&#39;t even hang as far as I&#39;m concerned... (with the exception of Rosie Gaines, and Sheila E.)

LOL!! i can&#39;t stand those "chitlin circuit" plays...

i just saw appollonia (sp?) on vh1 100 hottest hotties. she still looks the same. vanity is an ordained minister or something like that. i guess she was tired of being a nasty girl....

what ever happened to:

force md&#39;s

chubb rock

kool moe dee

nice & smooth

NikNak
01-16-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by nappdiva@Jan 16 2004, 10:49 AM
what ever happened to:

force md&#39;s

2 of the members of Force MD&#39;s, Antoine (TCD) Lundy and Charles (Mercury) Nelson, died.

nappdiva
01-16-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by plhollins+Jan 16 2004, 10:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (plhollins @ Jan 16 2004, 10:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nappdiva@Jan 16 2004, 10:49 AM

LOL!! i can&#39;t stand those "chitlin circuit" plays...

i just saw appollonia (sp?) on vh1 100 hottest hotties. she still looks the same. vanity is an ordained minister or something like that. i guess she was tired of being a nasty girl....

what ever happened to:

force md&#39;s

chubb rock

kool moe dee

nice & smooth [/b][/quote]
I know that one of the Force MD&#39;s died a couple of years ago from a heart attack.

Girl, I know, I hate those plays also, but someone had an extra ticket and I used to love me some Christopher Williams back in the day, so I went. Allen Payne (G-Money for New Jack City) was in it also. They both looked so damm good!

Where is Donnie Simpson. The ORIGINAL BET host? I miss my Donnie.

Also, whatever happened to Vesta? That girl could sing!!! 8)

nappdiva
01-16-2004, 04:22 PM
More Christopher Williams news:

http://www.eurweb.com/articles/columns/011...77501132004.cfm (http://www.eurweb.com/articles/columns/01132004/columns1277501132004.cfm)

NikNak
01-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Whatever happened to.....

Madelyn Woods (former BET host)
Colonel Abrams
Jade (damn I loved that group)
Carl Lewis (ain&#39;t seen ole boy in while)
Angela Bofill
Chico DeBarge (kinda fell off the scene)
Mint Condition (loved me some Stokely)

mslady
01-16-2004, 05:34 PM
Where is:

EPMD
Father Mc
Whodini
Sugar Hill
The chinese lady with the long hair from Soul Train

*SupaSista*
01-16-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by nappdiva@Jan 16 2004, 12:22 PM
And the Boys,

Where is Donnie Simpson. The ORIGINAL BET host? I miss my Donnie.

Also, whatever happened to Vesta?

okay... the boys are now the "SUNS OF LIGHT" THEY HAVE A WEBSITE... i think its sunsoflight.com try that and if that is wrong, i will find out the correct one 4 you...

donnie simpson lives here in Maryland... he has a morning radio show, that is GRRREAT... with my main man "huggie low down..." he&#39;s doing fine!!!

and vesta is still making music ~ mostly jazz... i am not sure about her last album, but here im baltimore, she has a few songs that play on the ealy listening stations {the black ones} and they are nice... i know a few years ago {maybe 2} she remade SWV&#39;s "rain" and did a helluva job!!!

Fauryn78
01-16-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by systah@Jan 16 2004, 12:36 AM
whatever happened to:

arrested development

They Just dropped a new album...I&#39;m not sure if it is on sale everywhere, but they just had a show here a few months ago...

Fauryn78
01-16-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by DreamyNaps@Jan 16 2004, 10:46 AM

Tribe called Quest

They are working on an album, and hear me when I say I CAN&#39;T WAIT for it to drop ok?!

carboncopysue
01-17-2004, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by NikNak@Jan 16 2004, 05:53 PM

Angela Bofill

She&#39;s still singing here and there, but I don&#39;t think she&#39;s released anything since the mid-90s. She&#39;ll be singing on Tom Joyner&#39;s cruise.

Sue.

Fauryn78
01-17-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by carboncopysue+Jan 17 2004, 01:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (carboncopysue @ Jan 17 2004, 01:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NikNak@Jan 16 2004, 05:53 PM

Angela Bofill

She&#39;s still singing here and there, but I don&#39;t think she&#39;s released anything since the mid-90s. She&#39;ll be singing on Tom Joyner&#39;s cruise.

Sue. [/b][/quote]
Funny story right quick...

Angela Bolfill was going to perform at this place right across the street form my house, well the owners of the place were a bit ....uh I&#39;ll be nice and say tacky anyways they just didn&#39;t show up! I don&#39;t know how far she was traveling from but when she got there she had to go to the bathroom and her assistant knocked on our door and we let her use ours... She gave us autographed CD&#39;s as a thank you! lol...

Geminibrown78
01-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Fauryn78+Jan 16 2004, 09:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fauryn78 @ Jan 16 2004, 09:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DreamyNaps@Jan 16 2004, 10:46 AM

Tribe called Quest

They are working on an album, and hear me when I say I CAN&#39;T WAIT for it to drop ok?! [/b][/quote]
:thumbsup

:heart

People who we&#39;ll soon be saying "what ever happened to..."

Da Band
3LW
the rest of B2K
Justin Guarini
BoneCrusher
Michelle Williams
Tweet

aymst1
01-18-2004, 03:35 AM
okay somebody asked about:
Tribe-they have a single out now, I hear it on the radio about wo months ago
Al. B. Sure-he has a radio show.
D&#39;Angelo-From what I&#39;ve read he&#39;s a perfectionist, and won&#39;t put out material unless it meets his standards
Klymaxx-If you have VH1 watch their new show (klymaxx will be on it)

aymst1
01-18-2004, 03:43 AM
more:
Shabba do-I know him as Ozone-he has a school in Japan where he teaches poppin,lockin, etc. Now if anyone can tell me what happened to Turbo, I&#39;d be happy.

Kwame,UTFO-still performing
Roxanne or Roxanne Shante-I can&#39;t remember which one but one is a psychologist

chocolategurl17
01-18-2004, 05:06 AM
What about Jon B.?

tangytic
01-19-2004, 04:03 AM
stereo mc&#39;s
tears for fears
stetsasonic
ninjaman
suzanne vega
the group that sang "Groove is in the Heartttttttt"

plhollins
01-20-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by NikNak@Jan 16 2004, 12:53 PM

Colonel Abrams
Jade (damn I loved that group)
Chico DeBarge (kinda fell off the scene)
Mint Condition (loved me some Stokely)

omg! i just went on the sunsoflight.com website to check out "the boys." WOW! they are grown. my chin dropped to my keyboard...they look so different!
colonel abrams just released an album last year sometime. his single is played on our (michigan&#39;s) old school station. it&#39;s hot, but not as hot as his "trapped" single back in the day....

i used to love jade, too, w/all dem dayum long azz braids....

chico debarge has a new album out also....

& if anyone locates stokley, plz let me know. i heart him. i just bought mint condition&#39;s greatest hits... :shock

what ever happened to:

xscape

jamaroquoi (sp?)

Lockadelic
01-22-2004, 03:14 AM
how about junior?? that dude from england?? "mama used to say, take your time young man."

and i am waiting for the vh1 special on klymaxx. apparently from the previews they have some issues goin&#39; on.

Evolution19
01-22-2004, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by chocolategurl17@Jan 18 2004, 12:06 AM
What about Jon B.?
YES....where is my Jon B... :-? I miss him so.... :violin

Lockadelic
01-22-2004, 03:54 AM
stacey lattisaw??

"just call my name and i&#39;ll come runnin" i dont remember her name but she had these hazel eyes.

the trio that consisted of twins, they sang, im gonna get, im gonna....get over you. i got to stop cryin&#39; baby."

Sekhmet
01-22-2004, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Lockadelic@Jan 21 2004, 08:54 PM
"just call my name and i&#39;ll come runnin" i dont remember her name but she had these hazel eyes.

Alyson Williams

http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drc700/c755/c75512y6414.jpg

I still jam to "I Need Your Lovin&#39;".

plhollins
01-22-2004, 12:37 PM
oh yea! i remember alyson williams. her eyes were a tad bit haunting to me, though... n-ehoo, whatever happened to:

taja sevelle - "love is contagious" yall remember her, right? she was the pre-mariah carey. i used to love that song....
http://www.tajasevelle.com/love-is-contagious-sm2.jpg

Lolly
01-23-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by nappdiva@Jan 16 2004, 03:49 PM

[quote]

Boy did I think those girls were BAD in the day!!!

Appolonia just completed her degree in filmaking.

I saw Vanity on some program some time ago and she said she was a born again. They mentioned Prince to her and she had to walk off the stage in tears. It was pretty sad.

Man do you remember "Nasty girl" when it came out. That was the joint in the day.

Does anyone remember a singer called "LaLa", she sang "If you love me just a little tonight..."?

Where are my Napptural CSI detectives? :-P

plhollins
01-23-2004, 01:07 PM
sorry lolly! i don&#39;t remember lala, off hand--hum a few more bars for me :0) ...but where&#39;s lalah hathaway? i know she sang on meshell n&#39;degeocello&#39;s last cd but what&#39;s she doing now or what has she been doing?....

tjolims
01-23-2004, 01:18 PM
Lalah Hathaway sings a lot of jazz now...she released a collabo CD with pianist Joe Sample.

Dee-Lite sang "Groove Is In The Heart"--Lady Miss Kier is a club DJ(which is what she originally was), and Towa Tei is all over the place, not only DJ-ing but producing tracks for a variety of people--including Bebel Gilberto, Astrud&#39;s daughter. He even released a few indefinable solo albums.

Lolly
01-23-2004, 02:54 PM
Plhollins..you don&#39;t really want to hear me sing gurl. You would hit the report button in a hot second and take away my black membership card!!! :razz

The artist is just called LaLa and the song came out in 1998. I guess I will keep on my search

Oooh I forgot about meshell.

Know who came to mind Patra...remember her?

And Vaughn, Mason & Crew- Bounce, Rock,Skate, Roll....?

All these MIA???

nappylicious
01-23-2004, 04:08 PM
Klymaxx is supposed to be on VH-1 show Bands Reunited. It is on tonite @ 9pm.

Justin Guarini from American Idol was caught driving drunk and was sued. His cd did not sell as well anticpated, so he was dropped from his record label.

Where are Loose Ends, Ex-Girlfriend and Sheila E.

nappylicious
01-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Kashif just released another cd. I saw it on the new release page on dusty grooves website.

PoetessOfJah
01-23-2004, 05:13 PM
:-P Whatever happened to SHAI? That used to be the GROUP, wit their lil one-hit-wonder selves......."[I]"oooooooo-n-da-doo-DOOT! doo-dooot"

Az Yet?
Lana?
:violin Blu Cantrell?(not that i care, just curious...)
Jonny Gill?(my my my i miss him)
The Thompson Twins(anotha 1 hit wonder 80&#39;s group...)
Aaron Hall?
SWV?(early-90&#39;s groups could actually sing)
Teena Marie?(i&#39;m talkin square biz..)
Seal?(poor polio&#39;d soul, but he could saaang)

and it was SO funny when every started sayin, "Where is Alicia Keys?", and she came back like WHAT! wit "You Don&#39;t Know My Name". One of the few and the proud who are holding it down for REAL MUSIC, not commercialism.

Sekhmet
01-23-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by PoetessOfJah@Jan 23 2004, 10:13 AM
:-P Whatever happened to Blu Cantrell?(not that i care, just curious...)

Seal?(poor polio&#39;d soul, but he could saaang)

They both have albums currently out.

Aquadri
01-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Oh I used to LOVE Shai!

What happened to Tracy Spencer?
Troop?
Anita Baker--love her
Kina
Jodeci- -I thought they were coming back?
Jade
Toni Tony Tone
Tevin Campbell
UNV- Universal Nubian Voices (Somethin&#39;s goin on)
Color Me Badd
All 4 One

plhollins
01-23-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Aquadri@Jan 23 2004, 02:00 PM
Oh I used to LOVE Shai!

What happened to Tracy Spencer?
Troop?
Kina
Tevin Campbell
UNV- Universal Nubian Voices (Somethin&#39;s goin on)
Color Me Badd
All 4 One
troop!! i luv&#39;d those jher-curled brothas....mamacita (sp?), so glad to meetcha....

i never knew who sang that song "something&#39;s going on.."

never really liked all 4 one...

kina was the girl....

what ever happened to:

men @ large

the rude boys

portrait - that was a group of fine brothas...there were about 5 of &#39;em & they were all cute...

take 6...

PoetessOfJah
01-23-2004, 09:55 PM
i forgot about Portrait!
*n Profile
*n ColorMeBadd(tick toc ya don&#39;t stop)
*n Rudeboys
Tevin put out an album last year
tracy spencer opened for sum1&#39;s concert last year
I was gonna post about Troop, but thought sum1 had already done it...."all i do is think of u/Day and NIiiiiight!"
Hey, yall remember Something For the People?( cuz my love is the shhh the bomb baby bomb baby)

Applejacks
01-23-2004, 10:35 PM
Chico Debarge and Dionne Farris put albums out in 2003... Vesta is a radio DJ in Dallas/Fort Worth

Applejacks
01-23-2004, 10:38 PM
oh yeah, and the lead singer from Brownstone put and album out last year too.

ETA: her name is Nicci Gilbert.. the album is pretty nice AND the black guy from Color Me Badd is a minister now. He came and spoke at my church early last year..

Aquadri
01-23-2004, 10:42 PM
Tevin put out an album last year?! He needs some better PR people. *Sigh* My first concert was Tevin Campbell&#39;s Stay In School concert in the sixth grade.

What happened to those boys who sang Maria Maria with Santana?

traesure
01-23-2004, 10:44 PM
i wonder happened the group sista ( you know the group Missy came from)

Natural2003
01-25-2004, 02:38 AM
What happened to Intro?

One of the members of Something for the People, Bilal, put out a CD about 2 years ago.

Taj from SWV is engaged to Eddie George of the TN Titans.

nappdiva
01-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Ok, Ok, yall don&#39;t remember?

Tevin Campbell was arrested as a 19year old for soliciting a cop for sex. Then he disappeared.

Sister to Sister magazine did an article on him last year. He told Jamie Kennedy that he was not hetero or homosexual, but a trisexual, he would try anything.

Tevin looked hard!! I almost cried yall!!!! The "I&#39;m Ready" CD was my jam!!!!

I&#39;ts funny you mentioned Tracie Spencer, I just bought her CD with the song "This House", I used to love that song.

NikNak
01-26-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by plhollins@Jan 20 2004, 07:38 AM
what ever happened to:

xscape

Xscape mounted a comeback at one time. One of the girls of 702 left their group briefly to join Xscape because Tamika of Xscape had become an evangelist and decided to go gospel. But then that deal fell through and 702 got back together. Kandi of Xscape is a producer and she released a solo album. Kandi produced a great deal of TLC songs including No Scrubs.

plhollins
01-27-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Natural2003@Jan 24 2004, 10:38 PM
What happened to Intro?
Kenny, the lead singer, died from an AIDS-related illness, Oct./Nov. 2002. i&#39;m not sure what the (2) remaining members are doing....

nappylicious
01-27-2004, 11:26 PM
Me&#39;lisa Morgan--The sister with the micro braids

Sade

nappylynn
01-30-2004, 12:19 AM
tweet is coming out with a new album this year

nappylynn
01-30-2004, 12:23 AM
oh yea what happened to ZHANE!

Jazitones
01-30-2004, 12:47 AM
N&#39;Dea Davenport

I LOVE this album! It&#39;s been on rotation since I got it back in &#39;98.

I love this album also, I wish she would go back to the Brand New heavies because I love that group.

Alyson Williams

I still jam to "I Need Your Lovin&#39;".

Sehkmet you have excellent taste in music I love Alyson Williams.

plhollins
01-30-2004, 12:11 PM
what ever happened to:

kris kross - i know the dark-skinned one was battling leukemia...

another bad creation (abc) - iesha...

Aquadri
01-30-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by nappdiva@Jan 26 2004, 12:36 PM

Tevin Campbell was arrested as a 19year old for soliciting a cop for sex. Then he disappeared.

Sister to Sister magazine did an article on him last year. He told Jamie Kennedy that he was not hetero or homosexual, but a trisexual, he would try anything.

Tevin looked hard!! I almost cried yall!!!! The "I&#39;m Ready" CD was my jam!!!!

I&#39;ts funny you mentioned Tracie Spencer, I just bought her CD with the song "This House", I used to love that song.
NOOOOOOOOOOO! NO NO NO! Not my Tevin? Talk about a let down. He was my first celeb crush as a preteen and I was obsessed. *I&#39;ll always have a soft spot for T.E.V.I.N.*

Sekhmet
01-31-2004, 07:23 PM
Miki Howard

Esthero - I haven&#39;t run across many folks who&#39;ve even heard of this duo.

nappdiva
02-02-2004, 08:01 PM
FYI y&#39;all, Alexander O&#39;Neal was performing in England. Just came back to the states. Says we didn&#39;t appreciate him over here, and over there he is a legend. I read about it in the new XXL HIP HOP & SOUL MAGAZINE.

floetry22
02-02-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Geminibrown78+Jan 17 2004, 10:32 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Geminibrown78 @ Jan 17 2004, 10:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Fauryn78@Jan 16 2004, 09:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-DreamyNaps@Jan 16 2004, 10:46 AM

Tribe called Quest

They are working on an album, and hear me when I say I CAN&#39;T WAIT for it to drop ok?!

Da Band
3LW
the rest of B2K
Justin Guarini
BoneCrusher
Michelle Williams
Tweet [/b][/quote]
you forgot about "what ever happened to..."

Olivia (Bizounce)
Ashanti
TG4 (B2K&#39;s gril group)
Lovher (Sisqo&#39;s girl group)
Slow down (the one w/ the mask in the st. lunatics)
Sunshine Anderson
Blaque
Before Dark
Nivea
The Pide Piper aka Kells (if he gets lock&#39;d up)
JS

Do you guys remember Mona Lisa (11-20-79) back in &#39;96 ???

GoldyLocs
02-03-2004, 01:41 AM
Hey there you all! This is a great thread!

-I have the newest Kashif double disc CD..... It is totally awesome! If you are a Kashif "fan", don&#39;t really like that word, from back in the day you will love this dual disc because it has his first CD on one disc and his new material, which STILL sounds good, on the other. Those that really dig his music may recall that in addition to his songs with vocals he also had incredible instrumentals..... Well, on the new disc there is a hot instrumental!!!!!! I :heart me some Kashif and am glad to welcome the brotha back!

-Some of you all listen to and enjoy the same type of music I dig!

-Read on another site that Teena Marie is coming out with a new CD in the summer.... She has signed with Cash Money/Universal ..... I wonder what happened to the CD "Black Rain" that she&#39;s been teasing us with for years now?

Where is:

-Enchantment? I&#39;d love to find the CD to the album with the song, "Where Do We Go From Here?"

-Roy Ayers? Looking for "You Send Me" on CD......

-Stephanie Mills? I know she&#39;s doing plays but where is she musically? I have heard a single recently on the radio.... I know it was her, I know that voice!

-Lo Key

-Miles J (Jay or Jaye)

-Confunkshun

-The Barkays

*Why can&#39;t Chante Moore make it? She has a very beautiful singing voice to me. Much better than some of these no singing pop stars like Britney..... Okay, let me behave.....

I&#39;ll be back, let me think of a few more...... :blah

GoldyLocs
02-03-2004, 01:45 AM
Nappylynn, the chocolate sista from Zhane is in Kindred&#39;s video "Far Away From Here...." She&#39;s sitting down in what looks like a club scene grooving! I loved me some Zhane too. I have every one of their CD&#39;s, was it two or three? That first one was slammin! :thumbsup

FreshStart
02-04-2004, 06:27 PM
LINA

Was "Stranger on Earth" her only album?........

PrincessDrRe
02-08-2004, 04:43 AM
Can&#39;t quite remember who asked this but here it goes.....

1. In Living Color will be releasing a DVD set of their shows sometime in April/May.....

2. Tears For Fears--should be releasing by the end of this year...

3. Patra--supposed to be releasing sometime this fall.....

***Now can someone help a sista on Kris Kross--the darker Chris?

4mrcreamyuser
02-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Whatever happened to....

Diana King ("Shy Guy")
MC Brains ("Oochie Coochie")
Another Bad Creation
Bell Biv DeVoe (word on the street is...DeVoe sells real estate)
Perfect Gentlemen
Joe Public
Gina Thompson (the dark brown chick who sang "The Thing You Do"...missy was in this video)
Kut Klose
Total
Yo-Yo
Moni Love

LOCSOFAST
02-09-2004, 12:49 AM
three times Dope (3X dope)

nappdiva
02-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by 4mrcreamyuser@Feb 8 2004, 05:27 PM
Whatever happened to....

Diana King ("Shy Guy")
MC Brains ("Oochie Coochie")
Another Bad Creation
Bell Biv DeVoe (word on the street is...DeVoe sells real estate)
Perfect Gentlemen
Joe Public
Gina Thompson (the dark brown chick who sang "The Thing You Do"...missy was in this video)
Kut Klose
Total
Yo-Yo
Moni Love
I know that one of the girls from Total is now dating Omar Epps (I think it&#39;s Kima)

Monie Love is a morning DJ here in NY on Power 105.1, with Ed Lover. She was on Hot 97 but moved over, I think she&#39;s been doing this for at least the past 10 years.

blkbyrd0302
02-10-2004, 03:27 AM
What ever happened to Maxwell

NikNak
02-10-2004, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by blkbyrd0302@Feb 9 2004, 10:27 PM
He&#39;s scheduled to drop an album in March 2004 called Black Summer&#39;s Night.

Sekhmet
02-10-2004, 06:08 AM
What? Noboby found Troop and Kwame the Boy Genius yet? :-P I heard not 1, but 2 Kwame songs today! Something must be crackin&#39;! :razz

<singing>"Oowwwnnnlee yuuuuuu......" :lol

Hypnotizze
02-10-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Sekhmet@Jan 31 2004, 08:23 PM
Miki Howard

Esthero - I haven&#39;t run across many folks who&#39;ve even heard of this duo.
Esthero! Now that&#39;s what I&#39;M talking about.. I loved that album and still play it to this day.

I love "that girl" - that&#39;s my song for when I&#39;m feeling misunderstood. lol

And isn&#39;t "superheros" just hhmmmmmmmmmm lol love that track.

You have good taste.

tran68
02-10-2004, 01:09 PM
I heard Tracie Spencer last nite "Tender Kisses"..she has such a strong voice but I haven&#39;t heard from her since 92???

blkbyrd0302
02-11-2004, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by NikNak+Feb 9 2004, 10:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NikNak @ Feb 9 2004, 10:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-blkbyrd0302@Feb 9 2004, 10:27 PM
He&#39;s scheduled to drop an album in March 2004 called Black Summer&#39;s Night. [/b][/quote]
Oh Good, he&#39;s been gone for a while!!

Lockadelic
02-11-2004, 01:35 PM
thats right 3x&#39; dope was on point with funky dividens and the greatest man alive. as for kwame there is an interview on him in this months issue of vibe magazine

plhollins
02-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by NikNak+Feb 10 2004, 12:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NikNak @ Feb 10 2004, 12:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-blkbyrd0302@Feb 9 2004, 10:27 PM
He&#39;s scheduled to drop an album in March 2004 called Black Summer&#39;s Night. [/b][/quote]
i feel so ashamed about not knowing about my husband&#39;s album droppin&#39; in march... :doh :doh where&#39;d ya get that info?

NikNak
02-11-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by plhollins+Feb 11 2004, 11:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (plhollins @ Feb 11 2004, 11:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by NikNak@Feb 10 2004, 12:49 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-blkbyrd0302@Feb 9 2004, 10:27 PM
He&#39;s scheduled to drop an album in March 2004 called Black Summer&#39;s Night.
i feel so ashamed about not knowing about my husband&#39;s album droppin&#39; in march... :doh :doh where&#39;d ya get that info? [/b][/quote]
From On The CD Front (http://www.pauseandplay.com/cdfront.htm).

plhollins
02-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by NikNak+Feb 11 2004, 12:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NikNak @ Feb 11 2004, 12:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by plhollins@Feb 11 2004, 11:21 AM

Originally posted by NikNak@Feb 10 2004, 12:49 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-blkbyrd0302@Feb 9 2004, 10:27 PM
i feel so ashamed about not knowing about my husband&#39;s album droppin&#39; in march... :doh :doh where&#39;d ya get that info?
From On The CD Front (http://www.pauseandplay.com/cdfront.htm). [/b][/quote]
thanks niknak...

rkj223
02-13-2004, 05:58 PM

Esthero and Doc are no more. Esthero (the chick) is supposedly working on new material. The cd is said to be titled "nearly civilized&#39;. You can go to NearlyCivilized.com to find out more. There are lots of random singles featuring Esthero out there to dig up.

Doc produced Res&#39; CD (which is why you may have noticed a similarity in sounds. His website, last I knew, was blackcorners.com.

Sekhmet
02-14-2004, 06:38 PM
Esthero and Doc were great together. Too bad they didn&#39;t put out another CD. When groups break up, the individual projects usually aren&#39;t as good; most times, they really suck the Big One. Guess I&#39;ll have to live with just Breath From Another until they come to their senses (hopefully). <sigh>

@ Hypnotizze - "Anywayz", "Country Livin&#39;" and "That Girl" are my faves.

Where is Black Sheep?

blumoonbabe
02-16-2004, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Sekhmet@Feb 14 2004, 02:38 PM

Where is Black Sheep?
I heard that Mr Lawnge (DJ) was still producing... for whome, I don&#39;t know. Dres(MC) is still trying to get put back on and is a serial deadbeat dad.

Geminibrown78
02-16-2004, 02:27 AM
Someone please help me find:

D&#39;Angelo
Chris Tucker
Amerie
Brownstone
Grand Puba

karmlkinks
02-16-2004, 04:56 PM
whatever happened to Jodeci??

Sekhmet
02-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by blumoonbabe+Feb 15 2004, 07:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blumoonbabe @ Feb 15 2004, 07:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sekhmet@Feb 14 2004, 02:38 PM

Where is Black Sheep?
I heard that Mr Lawnge (DJ) was still producing... for whome, I don&#39;t know. Dres(MC) is still trying to get put back on and is a serial deadbeat dad. [/b][/quote]
http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/naughty.gif Shame on him! Wasn&#39;t Chi Ali his little brother? Or was that just a rumor since they looked so much alike? Where&#39;s that little bugger?

AFashionSlave
02-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Sekhmet+Feb 16 2004, 01:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sekhmet @ Feb 16 2004, 01:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by blumoonbabe@Feb 15 2004, 07:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Sekhmet@Feb 14 2004, 02:38 PM

Where is Black Sheep?
I heard that Mr Lawnge (DJ) was still producing... for whome, I don&#39;t know. Dres(MC) is still trying to get put back on and is a serial deadbeat dad.
http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/naughty.gif Shame on him! Wasn&#39;t Chi Ali his little brother? Or was that just a rumor since they looked so much alike? Where&#39;s that little bugger? [/b][/quote]
Dres was Chi Ali&#39;s older brother.
Chi Ali got 40 years in prison for some kind of violent crime. I&#39;m not sure but I think he&#39;s in Rikers.

AFashionSlave
02-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by plhollins@Jan 22 2004, 08:37 AM
oh yea! i remember alyson williams. her eyes were a tad bit haunting to me, though... n-ehoo, whatever happened to:

taja sevelle - "love is contagious" yall remember her, right? she was the pre-mariah carey. i used to love that song....
I thought I was the only one who remembered TajaSeville – “love is contageous…well it’s alright” used to be my SONG. I drove my mother crazy listening to it over and over again.

What ever happened to Wendy and Lisa? – They had that great song out after Prince and the Revolution broke up called “OOOh are you my baby”

Souls of Mischief – Is still with the Hyroglythics crew. They have put out at least 5 albums since 93 to infinity. They all look really good! Tajai has put out a couple of solo albums. (I’m still holding onto the dream that Opio and I will eventually get married and have a bunch of babbies. :heart )

The Boys – The boys have grown up into very good looking men. They live in Africa and they are now called “Suns of Light”
Here’s the link: http://www.sunsoflight.com/
They have a weekly chat session on their website.
Speaking of the boys does anybody remember Larenz Tate in the video "Happy"? He was the boyfriend who moved to another town. Larenz was even fine at 14 years old.

The Jets – I saw a where are they now special on TV about "The Jets" They all have regular jobs now. I think a couple of them are high school teachers.

Salt-n-Pepa – Just won a court battle against Herbie Luvbug over some money about the hit song “Whatta man” I think Salt was going to release an album called "Salt of the Earth"

Vanity – After she lost both of her kidneys to drugs, found Christ & became a minister. Here is her website.
http://www.denisematthews.com/

Remember little Judy Windslow: She is now a porn star. Here is a link to the story:
http://www.bet.com/articles/0,1048,c5sc45g...09-5218,00.html (http://www.bet.com/articles/0,1048,c5sc45gb4509-5218,00.html)

Sekhmet
02-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by AFashionSlave+Feb 16 2004, 10:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AFashionSlave @ Feb 16 2004, 10:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Sekhmet@Feb 16 2004, 01:11 PM

Originally posted by blumoonbabe@Feb 15 2004, 07:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Sekhmet@Feb 14 2004, 02:38 PM

Where is Black Sheep?
http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/naughty.gif Shame on him! Wasn&#39;t Chi Ali his little brother? Or was that just a rumor since they looked so much alike? Where&#39;s that little bugger?
Dres was Chi Ali&#39;s older brother.
Chi Ali got 40 years in prison for some kind of violent crime. I&#39;m not sure but I think he&#39;s in Rikers. [/b][/quote]
:shock

NikNak
02-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Wendy & Lisa never left the scene. They have scored many film and television soundtracks from Soul Food to Dangerous Minds to Crossing Jordan. You can find out more about them at WendyandLisa.com (http://www.wendyandlisa.com/).

AFashionSlave
02-16-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by NikNak@Feb 16 2004, 02:17 PM
Wendy & Lisa never left the scene. They have scored many film and television soundtracks from Soul Food to Dangerous Minds to Crossing Jordan. You can find out more about them at WendyandLisa.com (http://www.wendyandlisa.com/).
Thanks NikNak,

What ever happend to Red Head Kingpin, Camp Lo, The Alcoholics (The lics), The Bush Babees, Jeru, and Miss Melodee (ya know KRS 1s wife)?

dejalove26
02-17-2004, 03:33 AM
what happened to both H-Town and Candyman of "knockin boots" fame?

Geminibrown78
02-17-2004, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by AFashionSlave@Feb 16 2004, 07:00 PM

Remember little Judy Windslow: She is now a porn star. Here is a link to the story:
http://www.bet.com/articles/0,1048,c5sc45g...09-5218,00.html (http://www.bet.com/articles/0,1048,c5sc45gb4509-5218,00.html)
Judy, NOOOO! :doh

CrazeeDCoil
02-17-2004, 11:35 PM
digable planets
lucas (with the lid off)
who did that song Cantaloupe? (biddy biddy bop, funky funky)
Mariah Carey (from the early 90&#39;s)

carboncopysue
02-17-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by dejalove26@Feb 17 2004, 04:33 AM
I know Dino, the lead singer of H-Town, died (along with his girlfriend) in a car crash sometime in the past couple of years. Supposedly H-Town was trying to put a new album together at the time.

Sue.

Sapphyyr
02-18-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by PrincessDrRe@Feb 8 2004, 12:43 AM

2. Tears For Fears--should be releasing by the end of this year...

Uhhhh, don&#39;t think so. One of the members died about two years ago. The one w/ the longer hair. :(

I think Tracy Spencer is singing background on Kanye West&#39;s The College Dropout CD. I think the song is Never Let Me Down. 8)

The Joe Sample f. Layla Hathaway CD is one of my all time favorite CD&#39;s. It&#39;s a must have for jazz lovers. :thumbsup

Kameelah, the lead singer from 702 left the group to go to Total (not Xscape). She later reunited w/ 702 because she wasn&#39;t pleased with the Total&#39;s "lesbian-ish" image. :doh She seems like a spoiled brat to me.

What ever happened to:

Cool C Hoo Hooo...ya got it...that Glamorous Life!

(Saw Nas&#39; BET 25 Countdown and he shouted him out, saying he was locked up. But I want to know why!)

Milira Go outside....in the rain

Smooth (heard her rapping on someone&#39;s joint recently? Where have you been, chile?)

Forget Jimmy Hoffa, can someone tell me where Rakim was between 1989-2000? Anyone seen Eric B?

Perfect Gentleman Oooooh La La...I can&#39;t, can&#39;t get over yooooooooooou

Geminibrown78
02-18-2004, 02:28 AM
Where&#39;s Mista?

blumoonbabe
02-18-2004, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Sapphyyr@Feb 17 2004, 08:37 PM

Cool C Hoo Hooo...ya got it...that Glamorous Life!

(Saw Nas&#39; BET 25 Countdown and he shouted him out, saying he was locked up. But I want to know why!)

Milira Go outside....in the rain

Smooth (heard her rapping on someone&#39;s joint recently? Where have you been, chile?)

Forget Jimmy Hoffa, can someone tell me where Rakim was between 1989-2000? Anyone seen Eric B?

Perfect Gentleman Oooooh La La...I can&#39;t, can&#39;t get over yooooooooooou

Cool C is locked up for robbing a bank in Philly.

Rakim was still rapping and doing shows btwn &#39;89 and 2000... I saw him a few times... he puts on a nice show.

Eric B. ain&#39;t doing jack but posting up in the clubs still trying to get some shine from his former fame. Let it go, Eric, let it go!

I wish I knew where Milira was... she could sing!

4mrcreamyuser
02-19-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by CrazeeDCoil@Feb 18 2004, 12:35 AM

who did that song Cantaloupe? (biddy biddy bop, funky funky)

The group was called US3

Lockadelic
02-19-2004, 02:00 AM
daggg thats a shame what happend to foxworth

plhollins
02-19-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by carboncopysue+Feb 17 2004, 07:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (carboncopysue @ Feb 17 2004, 07:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dejalove26@Feb 17 2004, 04:33 AM
I know Dino, the lead singer of H-Town, died (along with his girlfriend) in a car crash sometime in the past couple of years. Supposedly H-Town was trying to put a new album together at the time.

Sue. [/b][/quote]
WHAAAATTTTTT!!! r u sure? omg! i&#39;m about to burst out crying @ work. awww! that&#39;s so sad.

1 of the members of tears for fears died, also? i&#39;ll be back! i gotta go do a search... :tiptoe

ETA: i found the information about dino of h-town. i am so sad about that, but i didn&#39;t find any info on the guy from tears to fears. how did i miss hearing about dino&#39;s death?...

Epiphany_Castro
02-19-2004, 06:07 PM
Let&#39;s see...hmmm...Jon B. has a new CD is just dropped last week,and he played a Valentine&#39;s concert here in the Bay Area last weekend. N&#39;Dea Davenport is solo and din fine in England. Brand New Heavies have a new one comming out,sans N&#39;dea and they have a greatest hits cd that just came out.I miss Alan Payne...chile he is BEAUTUFUL..think,"Jason&#39;s Lyric" Yumm...

carboncopysue
02-20-2004, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by plhollins+Feb 19 2004, 02:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (plhollins @ Feb 19 2004, 02:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by carboncopysue@Feb 17 2004, 07:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dejalove26@Feb 17 2004, 04:33 AM

Sue.
WHAAAATTTTTT!!! r u sure? omg! i&#39;m about to burst out crying @ work. awww! that&#39;s so sad.

1 of the members of tears for fears died, also? i&#39;ll be back! i gotta go do a search... :tiptoe

ETA: i found the information about dino of h-town. i am so sad about that, but i didn&#39;t find any info on the guy from tears to fears. how did i miss hearing about dino&#39;s death?... [/b][/quote]
:blab
It wasn&#39;t really widely reported. After his death I happened to read an entire Famuan, and it was a little footnote. I would&#39;ve have missed it otherwise.

Sue.

IrisDaVirus
02-21-2004, 03:18 AM
I&#39;d like to know what happened to the rappers Twin Hype. Remember that song Do It To The Crowd?

bluephiyah
02-21-2004, 04:22 AM
does anyone remember tony terry? "when i&#39;m with you" and "she&#39;s fly"? or glenn jones "we&#39;ve only just begun" or "i&#39;ve been searchin?" i heard he bounces back and forth from secular to gospel.

seek_first
02-21-2004, 05:09 AM
Yall have brought back some memories!!!

I often wondered what ever happened to Troop, Michel&#39;le, Alexander O&#39;Neil, and Cherelle.

Also whatever happened to Billy Ocean and Neneh Cherry? They probably are still in England. Hmmm....

divinejewel02
02-21-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Geminibrown78@Feb 17 2004, 09:28 PM
Where&#39;s Mista?
Mista isn&#39;t a group anymore they are still doing things in the music industry but not together, here&#39;s what they are up to from a post by Brandon last year at an Elecktra message board:

"Byron Levar Reeder: Now 23, Byron is still working on various
eclectic styles of r&b music and developing his own artists.

Darryl Dwayne Allen: Now 22, Darryl is recording music on a more
r&b/hip-hop edge, but has also focused on settling down with his
family. Last year, Darryl became the proud father of a beautiful
baby boy.

Bobby Marcel Wilson: Now 23, Bobby is recording songs for a solo
project, in the genre of r&b/soul, and has caught the attention of
several large record labels. Bobby still works with Akira on music
today.

Brandon Akira Brown: Now 20, Akira produces pop music under his
production company, The Other Floor, Inc. (www.theotherfloor.com).
He is producing his own artists and is also producing for other
artists. His solo project, is slated to start prodution this summer." :-)

check out Mista connection-yahoo group (http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/themistaconnection/)

divinejewel02
02-21-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by floetry22+Feb 2 2004, 04:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (floetry22 @ Feb 2 2004, 04:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Geminibrown78@Jan 17 2004, 10:32 AM

Originally posted by Fauryn78@Jan 16 2004, 09:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-DreamyNaps@Jan 16 2004, 10:46 AM

Tribe called Quest

Da Band
3LW
the rest of B2K
Justin Guarini
BoneCrusher
Michelle Williams
Tweet
you forgot about "what ever happened to..."

Olivia (Bizounce)
Ashanti
TG4 (B2K&#39;s gril group)
Lovher (Sisqo&#39;s girl group)
Slow down (the one w/ the mask in the st. lunatics)
Sunshine Anderson
Blaque
Before Dark
Nivea
The Pide Piper aka Kells (if he gets lock&#39;d up)
JS

Do you guys remember Mona Lisa (11-20-79) back in &#39;96 ??? [/b][/quote]
Before Dark-The lead singer of the group, Arike I have been seeing her singing on a Chili&#39;s commercial for awhile now, it looks like she went natural.

Blaque-They were supposed to be coming out with a new album, they had a song on the soundtrack I saw a little of the video, from the movie "Honey"

What happened to...
Shabba Ranks
Yo-Yo
Special Ed
Monifah
Tag Team
Johnny Kemp(Just got paid, it&#39;s friday night...)

that&#39;s all for now

nappylicious
02-22-2004, 03:43 PM
Where is Sheila E?

Lockadelic
02-23-2004, 01:13 PM
twin hype, i liked their song, "for those who like to groove" a lot of the old club songs (not meaning to start a new thread :)) but since twin hype was mentioned........where is Adeva??

Sekhmet
02-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Okay. I finally got tired of asking - and others asking - what happened to Troop, so I started searching. This is OLD, but at least it&#39;s something:

Mario, B2K, Tyrese Get Songs From Former Troop Member
By Jerry Armor

(8/3/02, 10 a.m. ET) -- Steve Russell, also known as Lil&#39; Steve from the late &#39;80s/early &#39;90s R&B group Troop, has re-emerged as a songwriter for the likes of Mario, B2K, and Tyrese.

Russell co-wrote B2K&#39;s "Gots Ta Be" that peaked at Number 13 on Billboard&#39;s Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart. Though Russell penned songs on Troop projects, he said it has taken a long time for him to get a big break writing for other acts. "After eight years, I finally got a hit record with the B2K single &#39;Gots Ta Be.&#39; I wrote and produced that with some friends of mine, the Underdogs. So, I&#39;m just back networking, and I got a lot of more songs coming out. So I&#39;m just putting myself back out there, letting everybody know Lil&#39; Steve is back."

In addition to "Gots Ta Be," Russell also co-authored the group&#39;s next single "Why I Love You" and "Understanding," two songs on Mario&#39;s album; and a song for Tyrese&#39;s J Records debut slated to be released later this year.

In 1990, Troop&#39;s ballad "All I Do Is Think Of You" hit Number One on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart. The group released several albums, including its 1988 self-titled debut, 1999&#39;s Attitude, 1992&#39;s Deepa, 1994&#39;s Lil&#39; Sumpin&#39; Sumpin&#39;, and 1998&#39;s Mayday.

That was from 2 years ago. Maybe Steve did something on B2K&#39;s most recent album too. http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/spamafote.gif Can&#39;t find anything on what happened to the other 4. :-P

nappdiva
02-23-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by nappylicious@Feb 22 2004, 11:43 AM
Where is Sheila E?
She was on Wayne Brady&#39;s show not too long ago...She and Appolonia were talking about some charity....Her brother is the head musician on the Wayne Brady Show...

Otherwise you will see her on and off on award shows. She looks good.

Where the HELL IS TONY TERRY? That was my man!

Oh yeah, what happened to After 7?

ThisIsKia
02-25-2004, 10:58 AM
The real Kelis?
Riff
Laurnea
Isyss
Elusion
Remy Shand
Craig David
The Good Girls
Ahmad

bluephiyah
02-25-2004, 12:53 PM
after 7 broke up. one guy, kevon edmonds (the lightskinned one) came out with an album a few years ago. i think it&#39;s called 24/7, and of course, his two brothers, babyface and melvin (the darkskinned one) helped him write songs and sing backup and things like that. i don&#39;t know if melvin is doing anything in the music business, and i don&#39;t know if kevon is planning anything else either. but i did remember hearing somewhere that they kicked that cousin out because either he didn&#39;t/couldn&#39;t sing and/or did nothing.

plhollins
02-25-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by bluephiyah@Feb 21 2004, 12:22 AM
does anyone remember tony terry? "when i&#39;m with you" and "she&#39;s fly"?

oh my how i used to luuuvvv tony terry...don&#39;t forget that song "luvey duvey" (sp?)...(singing --"it&#39;s that luvey duvey feeling i get when i&#39;m witchoo...)

just like my signature says, i heart the 80&#39;s...

by bluephiyah

after 7 broke up. one guy, kevon edmonds (the lightskinned one) came out with an album a few years ago. i think it&#39;s called 24/7, and of course, his two brothers, babyface and melvin (the darkskinned one) helped him write songs and sing backup and things like that. i don&#39;t know if melvin is doing anything in the music business, and i don&#39;t know if kevon is planning anything else either. but i did remember hearing somewhere that they kicked that cousin out because either he didn&#39;t/couldn&#39;t sing and/or did nothing.

that is too funny becz i often wonder why someone is in a group who doesn&#39;t ever seem to know how to sing. my answer to this question is that maybe he/she started the group, i.e., otis williams of the temptations...

what ever happened to:

sam salter --after 12 before 6

scoop & scrab lover --big daddy kane&#39;s back up dancers (they were a sight for sore eyes, but they were limber...)

bluephiyah
02-27-2004, 10:36 PM
i went out and bought tony terry&#39;s album a while ago. it&#39;s was $5 or so and i just wanted a few songs. maybe 5. the rest are too much for me, all synthesized and whatnot. do you know how badly my mother laughed at me when i showed it to her? anyway, whatever happened to system? i only remember two songs of theirs: in my system and don&#39;t disturb this groove. i LOVE those songs. or loose ends? or d train? or more recently grenique? or bahamadia? :-P

kinkykhick
02-28-2004, 12:17 AM
@ systah: dionne farris is performing shows around atlanta according to her web site www.dionnefarris.com

@ nappdiva: Full Force have been producing groups like backstreet boys etc. and are probably filthy rich.....still busy

What ever happen to Theodore Witcher writer and director of the Movie Love Jones?? somebody? ... please?

indigo2
03-01-2004, 12:05 AM
Adina Howard

plhollins
03-01-2004, 08:26 PM
where&#39;s mtume&#39;? --remember "juicy fruit" & "you, me & he..."

kinkykhick, i don&#39;t know where theodore witcher is but i do know that "love jones" is the best, for-real, black, love story...well, to me, at least...

Geminibrown78
03-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Brownstone?

nappdiva
03-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by plhollins@Mar 1 2004, 04:26 PM
where&#39;s mtume&#39;? --remember "juicy fruit" & "you, me & he..."

kinkykhick, i don&#39;t know where theodore witcher is but i do know that "love jones" is the best, for-real, black, love story...well, to me, at least...
Mtume is now a Radio Personality for the Week in Review on 98.7 Kiss-FM here in NYC...Brother is VERY INTELLIGENT and knows his history and current events.

I read about Adina Howard, she was in a magazine called King a few months back ( It&#39;s a man&#39;s magazine, you know half dressed women with articles - my SO loves the mag). Apparently she&#39;s still "recording" and is a dancer and model on the side.

ThisIsKia
03-13-2004, 09:32 AM
Pretty Willie [Suella]?

NappyPrncess
03-13-2004, 01:59 PM
Ready for the world: "Let Me Love You Down"

Anquette: "I will Always Be There For You"

Michel&#39;le Toussaint: "Something In My Heart"

Kym Sims: "Too Blind to see it, too blind to see what you were doing...." (Nobody remembers that song!)

Rome

Brownstone

Jade

Patra

Shabba Ranks

Stacy Lattisaw

CeCe Peniston

Mokenstef

SWV

Exscape

Shai

H-Town

Criss Cross

Troop

Guy

After 7

Mint Condition

Envogue

Blacksheep

Jodeci (Not KC and Jojo, but what happened to the other members like Devante and his sexy self!)

Jesse Powell

etc......

NappyPrncess
03-13-2004, 02:08 PM

Sue.

I didn&#39;t know this! I&#39;m very sad to hear that. "Emotions" was my song, and I was looking forward to hearing a new album from them.

s Whatever happened to SHAI? That used to be the GROUP, wit their lil one-hit-wonder selves......."[I]"oooooooo-n-da-doo-DOOT! doo-dooot"

Actually, Shai had a couple of hit&#39;s besides "If I Ever Fall in Love"......"Comforter"(That was my song!!!!) , "Baby I&#39;m Yours".....

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!!!! :shocked

AgentDime
03-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by nappdiva+Feb 23 2004, 10:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nappdiva @ Feb 23 2004, 10:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nappylicious@Feb 22 2004, 11:43 AM
Where is Sheila E?
She was on Wayne Brady&#39;s show not too long ago...She and Appolonia were talking about some charity....Her brother is the head musician on the Wayne Brady Show...

Otherwise you will see her on and off on award shows. She looks good.

Where the HELL IS TONY TERRY? That was my man!

Oh yeah, what happened to After 7? [/b][/quote]
also sheilah e&#39;s brother is nicole ritchie&#39;s real father. so sheilah is the spoiled girls aunt.

AgentDime
03-13-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by bluephiyah@Feb 25 2004, 07:53 AM
After 7 will be performing in Houston soon. The commericals refers to them as "After 7 featuring Kevon Edmonds."

babygirl
03-13-2004, 03:22 PM

Sue.

OH....MY....GOODNESS! DAMN! I feel like crying, I had no idea!......Remember 9 years ago in the "Emotions" video Dino was in a car accident? Damn, seems like he predicted his own death!.....Scary.

Geminibrown78
03-13-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by NappyPrncess@Mar 13 2004, 03:08 PM

:shocked :shocked

AgentDime
03-13-2004, 10:40 PM
Please post that article!!!

carboncopysue
03-13-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by NappyPrncess@Mar 13 2004, 02:59 PM
I don&#39;t know what she&#39;s "doing" now, but I saw her in a recent Essence or Ebony magazine (the one with Whitney Houston on the cover) and she was at the baby shower for Pam from "Martin" (I forgot her name just that quick). She looks the same to me. A lot of people were at that shower that I haven&#39;t seen in a while.

Sue.

PrincessDrRe
03-14-2004, 05:47 AM
Anybody got news on the group Total???

NappyPrncess
03-14-2004, 08:25 AM

The lead singer, Keisha, is engaged to Omar Epps. She&#39;s also pregnant by him, and the baby is due this summer. I Haven&#39;t heard about the other group members.

AgentDime
03-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by carboncopysue+Mar 13 2004, 06:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (carboncopysue @ Mar 13 2004, 06:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NappyPrncess@Mar 13 2004, 02:59 PM
I don&#39;t know what she&#39;s "doing" now, but I saw her in a recent Essence or Ebony magazine (the one with Whitney Houston on the cover) and she was at the baby shower for Pam from "Martin" (I forgot her name just that quick). She looks the same to me. A lot of people were at that shower that I haven&#39;t seen in a while.

Sue. [/b][/quote]
She came out with a HORRIBLE song around November of last year. It was a very sexual song.

AgentDime
03-15-2004, 03:36 PM
ADINA HOWARD: Goes Back to the Grind
by Kenya Yarbrough

Adina Howard
(Mar. 15, 2004) The last thing many of us remember about singer Adina Howard is her coy pose, leaning on a luxury car in some hot short shorts. She hit the scene in 1995 with her debut CD “Do You Wanna Ride?” which featured her biggest hit “Freak Like Me.”
She prepared her sophomore set, “Welcome to Fantasy Island,” in 1997, but the disc was abruptly shelved and never saw the light of day. Storing the album away in a vault didn’t silence her talent, though. One single from the disc was already granted to the soundtrack for the movie “Woo.” Without a label and without a single, Howard’s track “T-Shirt and Panties” made it’s way to the airwaves and became an underground hit.

Seven years later, and though her biggest hits linger in the background and appear on ‘90s compilations, Adina Howard is making her return with the album “The 2nd Coming,” with the hot first single “Nasty Grind.” As you can tell from the titles, the Michigan native may be older and wiser, but she’s still not afraid of the risqué.

“We’re sexual beings and people have sex everyday,” Howard said in defense of her subject matter. “Sometimes they need a little music to go along with it.”

And as far as those who find it controversial, Howard says she really doesn’t pay the criticism any mind.

“I don’t deal with it. I just let people go through their changes. I have a life to live and I don’t have time to deal with people not agreeing with what I do for a living. I may not agree with what they do for a living, but I’m not going to jump on their back and ride them about it because that’s how they make their money, that’s what they do. I don’t have time to deal with it. I have other things that I have to deal with that are much more important,” she said.

Howard explained that the criticism of her openness to sexuality will hardly stop her from doing her thing, and neither did the career disruption she had in 1997. She explained that she was merely a victim of the politics of the business, and told us that although her sophomore offering never was, she was not bitter or discouraged. After all, one track from the disc kept her name on the lips of DJs throughout the country. Interestingly, “T-Shirt and Panties” was written by actor/comedian /singer Jamie Foxx.

“He played the track for me and I fell in love with the production,” Howard said. She asked Foxx to do the song as a demo. He did, played it for her over the phone and she says then, she really wanted the track. “I first fell in love with the track, but once it was all put together, I was like, ‘Oh yeah, this is my song. I gotta have it.’” The track became an underground hit.

“I guess people heard it on the movie and went and bought the soundtrack. It never became a single – radio and clubs just picked it up and started playing it. Now I perform it everywhere I go,” she said. With the audiences warmed up with their old favorites, Adina Howard is preparing to introduce her second album appropriately titled “The 2nd Coming.” She’s found a new musical home and says that she’s glad she took the break away, but very happy to be back.

“I walked away from the business for a moment and it took me awhile to say, ‘OK, let’s do it again,’” she said of her return. “I didn’t like [the business then]. I didn’t like the people I was doing business with. I didn’t like the business of music, the way that it was handled. People really didn’t want to help and educate me and help me learn the business. They wanted to keep me in the dark so that they could keep taking from me. I was in a business of takers, so I had to get away from that.”

Fortunately for fans, it was them who really brought her back. Howard said that her supporters and played a major role in her return to the industry.

“They would approach me and ask when I was going to do another album, another song, and they would say that they missed me. I felt like I owed it to them to give it another shot and give them something that they could enjoy. So my manager and I set out on a path to find a label that would help me with my vision in putting a project together.”

Whatever fans take from or read into the title of the album is fine by Howard. The play on words is pretty much the theme of the new album. Howard described that while she isn’t straying from the style that made her famous, the new disc, due in stores April 6, is a lot more sexually subtle.

“To come back out into the industry, it’s about keeping it familiar to a certain degree,” Howard said. People are comfortable with being able to identify me with that sexual music, which is fine. But this go ‘round it’s a little more subtle. It’s not so blatantly in your face. This time it’s about candlelight and wine instead of Boone’s Farm and weed.”

For more, visit: www.AdinaHoward.net.

Sekhmet
03-27-2004, 05:23 AM
...Fine Young Cannibals? :-P They were a 2-hit wonder ("She Drives Me Crazy" and "Good Thing"). I love "Good Thing! I recently downloaded it and can&#39;t stop listening to it! It&#39;s infectious. :d)

meagan22
03-27-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by plhollins@Jan 15 2004, 10:11 AM
whutever happened to:
the jets
The Jets? Last I song heard from them was the theme song for Disney&#39;s Chip&Dale: Rescue Rangers, and that was about a decade ago.
Meanwhile where are Jon B, Joe Public, and Soul 4real?
And why hasn&#39;t Jodeci started their reunion tour yet?
Where is Shonta ( or Shonda, don&#39;t know how it&#39;s spelled) from Timbalalnd&#39;s "Love 2 Love Ya rmx."?

bluephiyah
03-27-2004, 12:47 PM
@meagan: soul for real came out with a cd when they were grown, i think it&#39;s called &#39;heat&#39; or &#39;the heat.&#39; something with heat in the title.

meagan22
03-27-2004, 01:28 PM
Thanks blue :thumbsup

blkbyrd0302
03-27-2004, 05:53 PM
What happened to KEKE WYATT, she sang with Avant , is she doing time for stabbing her husband?

4mrcreamyuser
03-28-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by ThisIsKia@Mar 13 2004, 10:32 AM
Pretty Willie [Suella]?
Girl, he is still on the radio here in St. Louis. He hosts one of the hip hop stations on Sundays. He&#39;s got a song out called "Lay Your Body Down"....it&#39;s kinda tired I think. But yeah, he&#39;s still around.

nappdiva
03-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Geminibrown78+Mar 13 2004, 05:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Geminibrown78 @ Mar 13 2004, 05:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NappyPrncess@Mar 13 2004, 03:08 PM

:shocked :shocked [/b][/quote]
Yeah, I am....I READ about it in Sister to Sister, however when you do an internet search, this is what comes up....

http://www.gaylinkcontent.com/storydetail....cfm?storyid=236 (http://www.gaylinkcontent.com/storydetail.cfm?storyid=236)

http://www.hometownmotocross.com/pages/cel...convictions.htm (http://www.hometownmotocross.com/pages/celebrity_convictions.htm)

Celebrity: Tevin Campbell
Date of Conviction: 07/08/99
Charges: Soliciting a lewd act
Description: Tevin pleaded no contest to soliciting sexual acts from an undercover policeman.

I tell you, it broke my heart......

ThisIsKia
04-22-2004, 03:47 AM
WHT:

The President&#39;s of the United States of America "Peaches"and "Lump" were hot when I was in H.S.

Chukii Booker

Playa

Lysette Titi

Sweet Sable

Angelique Kidjo

traesure
04-22-2004, 11:52 PM
I believe Playa is signed to Blackground/ Universal and are supposed to have a cd out sometime this year. Static is on that song "Crank it up" by David Banner.

PrincessDrRe
04-23-2004, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by NappyPrncess@Mar 14 2004, 04:25 AM

The lead singer, Keisha, is engaged to Omar Epps. She&#39;s also pregnant by him, and the baby is due this summer. I Haven&#39;t heard about the other group members.
Which one is Keisha?---*frantically searching my CD collection for the Total CD ...which I think SOMEONE BORROWED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION......*

plhollins
04-23-2004, 07:14 PM
http://images5.fotki.com/v65/free/bc2d3/1/142990/780912/omarkeisha2-vi.jpg

This is Keisha...

All-Natural
05-16-2004, 05:00 AM
Whatever happend to Rebbie Jackson?
"Centipede" used to be my jam!

candlow
05-16-2004, 05:25 PM
I know she is isn&#39;t a musician, but what happened to Joie Lee Spike Lee&#39;s sister who was in his films such as She&#39;s Gotta Have it and Mo Better Blues? She was one of the first actresses with the natural look I remember in the eighties.

Also what happened to?

Soul 4 Real
The girl who played the original Claire in "My Wife and My Kids"?
Latavia from Destiny&#39;s Child?
Al B Sure?
The group who sang " Somebody&#39;s knocking the boot, give me some good love"? I can&#39;t remember the name. It had twin brothers and friend.

luvlee_me
05-17-2004, 04:26 AM
What ever happened to "Voices"1992 they sang that song Yeah,yeah,yeah

ThisIsKia
05-17-2004, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by luvlee_me@May 17 2004, 12:26 AM
What ever happened to "Voices"1992 they sang that song Yeah,yeah,yeah
Yeah, what happened? I&#39;ve still got that cd and "My Mama Didn&#39;t Raise No Fool" was the jam! Those were some grown-ssA lil&#39; girls, trottin&#39; around in high heels and lipstick :nohuh

meagan22
05-17-2004, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by candlow@May 16 2004, 12:25 PM
The group who sang " Somebody&#39;s knocking the boot, give me some good love"? I can&#39;t remember the name. It had twin brothers and friend.
That was H-Town. I&#39;m not 100% sure, but I think one of those guys is dead.

Jazitones
06-03-2004, 02:13 AM
ThisisKia, Girl I want to know what happen to Chuki also.

http://www.worldsoul.com/datas/pics/1730.jpg

L_belle22
06-03-2004, 03:16 AM
Brownstone?

Anita Baker?

Sunshine Anderson?

Jon B?

The lead singer in En Vogue, who left to be with Lucy Pearl, got kicked out, whats her name again Dawn something, ya know who i&#39;m talkin about?

Claudette from City High...."What Would you do if you got laid off song, ya know what song I&#39;m talkin about?

Bahamadia?

Sade? man i love me some Sade, thanks to her and my parents when i was a baby, she would put me to sleep.

gr2006
08-14-2007, 06:49 AM
I want to know what happened to the rest of the Revolution, Prince is faboulous, but he has never been the same w/o the Revolution, NPG can&#39;t even hang as far as I&#39;m concerned... (with the exception of Rosie Gaines[color=#6600CC], and Sheila E.)

[/b]

**huffin & puffin the dust off this thread...........**

I just "discovered" Rosie Gaines while surfin youtube. was watching prince&#39;s diamond and pearls video and wondered (again) who this woman was with this spinechillin&#39; voice.

some kind soul said it was rosie gaines......so of course that lead to finding her myspace page Rosie Gaines (http://www.myspace.com/rosiegaines)

:wub: :wub: :wub: needless to say she has a new fan.

i LOVE this woman&#39;s vocals!!!