PDA

View Full Version : Hand-In-Locs Disease

Patrina
01-15-2004, 05:51 PM
I have mad hand-in-locs disease. Especially since noticing budding. Am I slowing the process any? I know you are supposed to leave the hair alone and let it do it's thing but I can't seem to keep my hands out of my hair. :razz

Peace and Napptural hair grease :rainfro
Patrina

goldilocs
01-15-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm guilty of same. I guess as long as were not twisting and just feeling the BEAUTY of the loc texture, I guess it's all good!

When I start to drive myself crazy, I pull out my satin bonnet and call it a day :lol

What's funny is a I find myself grabbing a loc and feeling it up while I'm talking to people...even at work...too funny :lol

tinovia
01-15-2004, 06:10 PM
I'm chiming in agreement ladies. I try to limit my touches to about 100 a day..lol..

NaturallyJade
01-15-2004, 06:37 PM
..thankfully I have escaped :tiptoe this 'dreded disease' :) for now! I have been tempted to play with it a few times. I have not given in, yet.

sharynleigh
01-15-2004, 06:47 PM
I alway have one loc in my hand at all times. I love the feel of the plump fuzzy ends.

marissasensei
01-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Another locpaw sufferer here.

I don't think it really interferes with the locing process, provided that you're not picking at the buds or the little balls that form at the tips or idly twisting/overtwisting the roots.

FlyGemini
01-19-2004, 03:54 PM
I have this BAD! Especially when I'm reading something. When I'm at home I have to throw on a scarf to stop myself!

LBellatrix
01-19-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by marissasensei@Jan 15 2004, 03:16 PM
Another locpaw sufferer here.

I don't think it really interferes with the locing process, provided that you're not picking at the buds or the little balls that form at the tips or idly twisting/overtwisting the roots.
Rut roh... :doh

I don't twist the buds (I like to squeeze them instead) but I am guilty of pulling what looked like knots off the ends of my twists. Guess I'd better stop.

I've gone from chronic hand-in-'fro to chronic locpaw...Lord help me... :lol

Sunchild
01-20-2004, 05:00 AM
My hands in my hair is the default position. I dont think it impedes the process.

soleil
01-20-2004, 01:47 PM
I don't think "hands in locs" impedes the loc process either..I call it giving my locs TLC :)...soleil :)

NaturallyJade
01-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by afrikankween@Jan 20 2004, 01:00 AM
My hands in my hair is the default position.
I like that statement.

After reading other posts about it probably not impeding the process. I have started. You can now add me to the list. :)

FlyGemini
01-20-2004, 02:30 PM
Yall know what? Since my locs have matured I've always thought the ones on the left side of my head look better than the ones on the right side. I just figured that maybe that's just how my hair is, since it's possible to have more than one texture of hair in different areas.

But now that I think about it, when I play in my locs it's always on the left side (maybe because I'm left handed...?). Anywho, if that's the case maybe "hand-in-loc" ain't so bad after all! :)

shuaia
01-20-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by goldilocs@Jan 15 2004, 07:00 PM
I'm guilty of same. I guess as long as were not twisting and just feeling the BEAUTY of the loc texture, I guess it's all good!

When I start to drive myself crazy, I pull out my satin bonnet and call it a day :lol

What's funny is a I find myself grabbing a loc and feeling it up while I'm talking to people...even at work...too funny :lol
you are too funny! i've done the exact same thing too. i just love the texture. i never kept my hands in my hair when it was relaxed. :lol

Lil Eve
01-20-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by soleil@Jan 20 2004, 09:47 AM
I don't think "hands in locs" impedes the loc process either..I call it giving my locs TLC :)...soleil :)
Very well said!

kaoticcoil
01-21-2004, 02:53 PM
I am so excited about my new little buds, that I touch and squeeze them to see if they are real! :razz I just can't believe that my long desired journey is now a reality.

What I am about to ask may be starting another topic, but my boyfriend suggest that I twist my buds so that they don't become fat! Please advise, I don't want chunky locs :smug
Kaoticcoil

aquababie19
01-21-2004, 03:02 PM
the buds won't stay fat forever. don't worry :)

luvbear
05-28-2012, 10:50 AM
I keep my hands in my locs. It is soothing to me to caress my locs. But I dont think I could have anyone else touch my babies.

chocodoll
05-28-2012, 09:41 PM
My hands live in my locs. I have to play with them and run my fingers through them. No plans on stopping since it's not hurting anything.

bigpuff 02
06-12-2012, 01:28 PM
I just got my sisterlocks installed and I cannot keep my hands out of my hair! I need to stop.

SweetSigma22
07-08-2012, 01:08 AM
This is soo funny to me because I was just thinking about this the other day. When I drive I love to play in my locs.....sometimes I don't even notice I am doing it. I am trying to stop because my locs are curled and I will loosen the curls playing in my hair.

I love the stiff yet soft fuzziness of my transitioning locs!

Glad I am not alone :) :)

napptastica_77
07-09-2012, 01:24 AM
I have HIL disease so bad!! I think I'm doing it now....