PDA

View Full Version : I Have A Bald/thin Spot.

ladymiracles
06-26-2006, 02:24 PM
I have a thin/bald spot in the front of my head. I really don't know why I have this bald spot, but I've came up with several conclusions about this problem.

1) I really don't know if my bald spot is due to stress. This past semester has been extremely hard, and I've also been having some major family problems.

2) I had some stomach ulcers and my doctor gave me some medications for it. I don't know if the thin/bald spot was due to these meds though.

3) Dieting. When I first starting dieting in January I wasn't eating much. I got really sick from doing this to myself, So I got some help and I'm back on track. :)

Since spotting the bald spot. I decided to stop perming my hair. My last perm was in the beginning of February and during that time I put in a semi permanent rinse, so that can also be another possibility..

My real question is. I want to know what products can I use for this bald/thin spot. What kind of treatments would you recommend for me? Please help me. I would Love to see a Dermatologist, but I have no money right now.

Liberate
06-26-2006, 05:54 PM
If you have a health care plan you should see if seeing a derm is covered under it. I think that would be your best bet. That way you can get properly diagnosed and with the right diagnosis you can properly treat it.

Some natural things that had been suggested to me are sage & rosemary essential oils mixed with water to make a sprtiz. Sage-- helps to thicken the strand Rosemary-- helps to grow the hair.

Scalp massages would be very helpful and the most important thing is Patience!!!

HTH and Good luck

ladymiracles
06-26-2006, 08:16 PM
If you have a health care plan you should see if seeing a derm is covered under it. I think that would be your best bet. That way you can get properly diagnosed and with the right diagnosis you can properly treat it.

Some natural things that had been suggested to me are sage & rosemary essential oils mixed with water to make a sprtiz. Sage-- helps to thicken the strand Rosemary-- helps to grow the hair.

Scalp massages would be very helpful and the most important thing is Patience!!!

HTH and Good luck
[/b]
Thank you so much. I'm going to try that spritz. If that fails I'm going to a Derm, but I pray the spritz will work out for me.

Kalia
06-27-2006, 04:07 PM
I believe the main thing is start to pay attention to the spot. Majority of the time hormonal or stress can be cousing the hair loss. I believe that since I didn't act abrubptly I have lost some follicles for good in my crown area. Just do as the above advice menitioned and stay away from stressful styles.

naturally_nappy_red
06-30-2006, 07:50 PM
i agree with Liberate. though, in my opinion, i think u should have a physical check-up first before u try anything else because nothing works that quick and the time u waste waiting to see if something else works could be loss time that can be spent on fixing the problem. think about it, what works on somebody else hair good or quickly, may not be all that healthy for your hair.

so, i hope u figure out your problem before its too late.luv yall!! :D

icetia
06-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Liberate is right. Visiting a derm and trying natural spritzes are good ideas, but be careful when you use rosemary. It works, but it isn't safe if you have high blood pressure, and, even though I don't know much about sage, you should research that was well. I used rosemary religiously for a while, and I think the concentration of the essential oil in my spritz was too high. I was actually having dizzy spells! Once I stopped spritzing, the dizzy spells went away. Just do all of your research to make sure that you are not putting yourself at risk.
And, yes, I still use rosemary, but I lowered the concentration, and I feel just fine.

ladymiracles
07-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Liberate is right. Visiting a derm and trying natural spritzes are good ideas, but be careful when you use rosemary. It works, but it isn't safe if you have high blood pressure, and, even though I don't know much about sage, you should research that was well. I used rosemary religiously for a while, and I think the concentration of the essential oil in my spritz was too high. I was actually having dizzy spells! Once I stopped spritzing, the dizzy spells went away. Just do all of your research to make sure that you are not putting yourself at risk.
And, yes, I still use rosemary, but I lowered the concentration, and I feel just fine.
[/b]
Yes I agree about rosemary whenever I use it, it gives me a headache, I'm going to add lots of water when I'm using this product. My blood pressure is fine, but this stuff is way to strong.

Anyway I made an appointment with the Derm, but this man is booked, so my appointment is on the 26th. I cant wait till then.

Liberate
07-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Whenever I used to do a rosemary spritz I used the dilution of:
10 drops rosemary + 1 oz. water.

You also shouldn't use rosemary if your pregnant/think you may be pregnant or nursing

I'm glad you got an appointment with a derm! Good Luck ^_^

Debonaire
07-14-2006, 02:10 PM
I had a bald spot on the right side of my head and I used Shea butter to help keep the area moisturized. I think that was the first time in a year that I directly greased my scalp. I also would try to expose that area to air. As weird as it sounds I think that helped it to grow in. When I'd wear 2 strand twists or box braids I would part through that area so that it could breathe.