PDA

View Full Version : Interview Hair

pizazz
07-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Forgive me if this topic has already been bought up. But I have an interivew tomorrow. I've been in other business/interview situations before w/ my natural hair, but that was in the twa phase. Now I'm inbetween. I'm not sure a puff would be the best idea(my hair is getting quite big and thick.) But yet it's not long enoguh to pull in a pony tail or low puff. Does anyone have experienve in slicking back your hair w/ barretts. If so what 's your method?.... or maybe my puff is okay?

http://public.fotki.com/pizazz/

icetia
07-11-2006, 12:40 PM
I've worn my hair flat-twisted or braided in the crown and puffed out in the back (either a twistout or picked out for maximum volume.) But I think there has been a post similar to this in the past, but I don't know if it is still available for viewing.

jmnappy
07-11-2006, 12:43 PM
A neat puff should be fine. Barrettes are a good idea. Just don't use too many of them.

hello kitty
07-11-2006, 12:54 PM
i'm always going on interviews, but a couple of months ago was the first interview since chopping off the permed ends. i decided on a fresh twist out....and i got the job!

now that my hair is getting longer, i like to pull it back w/a headband or scarf. in a business/interview situation, i always stick to a black headband or scarf....don't want to bust out my more colorful scarves till after i've got the job.

good luck on the interview...i'm sure that you will wow them w/your qualifications....
:)

nappy_crown
07-11-2006, 01:05 PM
The last interview I went on was a year ago and I was in that funky inbetween phase....I wore a shake and go pulled back with a basic black scarf. Got the job with no problems. I say just be yourself....your hair is not who they are hiring..you are. As long as it is neat there should not be a problem. Wear your puff girl!

GalaxyGirl2012
07-11-2006, 01:10 PM
i wore a shake and go to my interview and goty the job no problem. nappy hair isn't unprofessional ;)

pizazz
07-11-2006, 02:01 PM
i wore a shake and go to my interview and goty the job no problem. nappy hair isn't unprofessional ;)
[/b]

Thanks Ladies! I think I'll take every bit of advice I've read here; I think I wear my puuf, but pulled back as far as possibble, neatly with a plain black scarf... and either way I show up with my confidence! thanks again.