PDA

View Full Version : Hey Loc'ed Sistahs!



mochacaremel
01-19-2004, 03:46 AM
Nevermind.

Mocha

toy
01-19-2004, 03:52 AM
congrats, mocha! sounds beautiful the way you've described them. as far as the direction with twisting goes, as long as they're all in the same direction it shouldn't matter. i remember reading a thread awhile back in which some folks said it was bad luck (or something to that effect) to twist counterclockwise, but i also heard that about counting the number of locs on your head. i don't pay that type of thing any attention, lol.

mochacaremel
01-19-2004, 04:59 AM
Nevermind.

Mocha

rockinlocs
01-19-2004, 12:43 PM
?? Are congratulations NOT in order? I see a "never mind" followed by a post from Toy and then another "never mind".

Are you locking?

toy
01-19-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by rockinlocs@Jan 19 2004, 07:43 AM
?? Are congratulations NOT in order? I see a "never mind" followed by a post from Toy and then another "never mind".

Are you locking?
right, because my comments look really silly now! :) what happened, mocha?

Sonryse
01-19-2004, 09:32 PM
lol, all I see is never mind as well...

natural_butterfly4
01-19-2004, 10:33 PM
! wanted to say congratulations. I'm thinking about locing myself!

mochacaremel
01-20-2004, 04:48 AM
Hey ladies,

Yes, it is true. I have made the commitment to loc! And I was so excited to post and share, but as soon as I did, one mean spirited member here decided to post on every other thread but mine so that my thread was at the very bottom in minutes! It was 1 A.M. when I posted, so trust, I knew it was intentional.

I won't say who it was, but I figured maybe my posts weren't welcome here. But yes, I have decided to loc, and I chose two strand twists.

The question Toy responded to was about me asking if my twtist being done counterclockwise would matter...we agreed that it was some kind of superstition and I should forget it...

Thanks for asking about me though guys, I feel much better.

Mocha

mochacaremel
01-20-2004, 05:14 AM
Bump. *sigh* Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep bumping this in order for you all to see the thread...it's almost 1 A.M. so I'd be on page three by the time anyone saw it if I didn't.

Mocha

ini
01-20-2004, 05:15 AM
Congratulations Hon...just keep on bumping it until you get your love :)

Sunchild
01-20-2004, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by mochacaremel@Jan 20 2004, 02:14 AM
Bump. *sigh* Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep bumping this in order for you all to see the thread...it's almost 1 A.M. so I'd be on page three by the time anyone saw it if I didn't.

Mocha
And it was up ALL DAY. There is a nite crew that posts on the loc board at the same time around 1-1:30 am. This post has 215+ views, people not responding is because they chose not too.


Oh and congrats.

mochacaremel
01-20-2004, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by afrikankween+Jan 20 2004, 01:25 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (afrikankween @ Jan 20 2004, 01:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mochacaremel@Jan 20 2004, 02:14 AM
Bump. *sigh* Oh well, I guess I&#39;ll have to keep bumping this in order for you all to see the thread...it&#39;s almost 1 A.M. so I&#39;d be on page three by the time anyone saw it if I didn&#39;t.

Mocha
And it was up ALL DAY. There is a nite crew that posts on the loc board at the same time around 1-1:30 am. This post has 215+ views, people not responding is because they chose not too.


Oh and congrats. [/b][/quote]
Sure you&#39;re right, AK. It was clearly a misunderstanding on my part.

Oh and thank you.

Mocha

Fansia
01-20-2004, 06:38 AM
congrats and good lock !

keep us posted with pics !

:)

rockinlocs
01-20-2004, 08:05 AM
:coffee (*yaaaawwwnns - late/LATE night crew representin&#39;- up with baby)

Congrats and welcome! :app So, do we get to see pics??? :-P

NaturallyJade
01-20-2004, 09:13 AM
:) Mochacaremel, congratulations on locking! :)


Originally posted by rockinlocs@Jan 20 2004, 04:05 AM
:coffee (*yaaaawwwnns - late/LATE night crew representin&#39;- up with baby)

Congrats and welcome! :app So, do we get to see pics??? :-P

I hope you get your rest! I remember those sleepless nights. It was not too long ago for me. :coffee

LBellatrix
01-20-2004, 11:51 AM
Congratulations from a fellow loc newbie! :app

starlene
01-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Congratulations Mocha, I hope to see pictures. Remember to document!

mochacaremel
01-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Thanks y&#39;all, I guess I was being overly sensitive.

I will surely post pics and update with you all! Oh and the lady who did my hair has a website! Check her out at www.naeture69.com, she is so cool. I will post her info in the Napptural Hair Services under ATL so others will know.

Her name is Renee and she does hair for the stars that roll through ATL. She is tight!

Mocha

shuaia
01-20-2004, 03:14 PM
shake the haters and welcome. you&#39;ll get nothing but love here. :)

Lil Eve
01-20-2004, 03:54 PM
Congrats Mocha! :app

nottyfreedom
01-20-2004, 06:40 PM
yay for mocha...good to have you on board (no pun intended)..lol

notty

Tuey
01-20-2004, 07:20 PM
Welcomed to the loc&#39;ed side Mocha! :-)

nappyme
01-20-2004, 11:16 PM
Welcome to the world of Locs...keep us posted
:app

CocoPuffs
01-20-2004, 11:50 PM
Congrats from another Newbie

aquababie19
01-21-2004, 12:04 AM
congrats! hope to see pics soon!

eta: saw your pics on the album board! they look good. just wanted to add, i&#39;m sure no one would do anything intentional. we are so peace loving over here! :) get ready to receive tons of love! :heart :heart :heart

starchild
01-21-2004, 01:43 PM
mocha, you and your hair is beautiful.

Keep us posted

babylocs
01-21-2004, 02:23 PM
Congrats girl :dance:

Twistednkinky
01-21-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by mochacaremel@Jan 20 2004, 01:48 AM
Hey ladies,

Yes, it is true. I have made the commitment to loc!
Congratulations Mocha! :)

Nice....very nice indeed! :thumbsup

Here&#39;s my questions:

What was your motivation?

How did you know that you were ready to embark on this journey?

Thanks.

Nappilocs
01-21-2004, 02:42 PM
CONGRATS!!! :app

kaoticcoil
01-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Congrats Mocha...
I began my locing journey to! I started with comb twists! I got my first buds & I am so excited.
Good luck to you on your jounrney!
Kaoticcoil

mochacaremel
01-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Twistednkinky@Jan 21 2004, 10:28 AM
Here&#39;s my questions:

What was your motivation?

How did you know that you were ready to embark on this journey?

Thanks.
Aquababie, you are so right, I should have known better, I have never peeped malicious vibes on this side of the board. I am just so in love with my locs and my journey, I guess I really wanted everyone else to be just as in love with the idea...I felt like I was bringing a boyfriend home for you all to meet :amour ...LOL

@TwistednKinky, My motivation for locing. Hmmm, you know what? I always wanted locs. In high school, I couldn&#39;t have them. Period. When I went to college, I was distracted from my mission by throngs of freshmen who assured me that a bouncin&#39; swingin&#39; perm is what I needed to keep. When I left college to join the Navy, I couldn&#39;t have them, period. But in the back of my mind I always wanted locs for myself. But I am glad I waited because back then, I prolly woulda started with black gel and beeswax, and prolly woulda retwisted them in any direction, and used all types of products that were bad...so I am glad it is happening at a time when I am so much more educated.

I knew it was time, when I just couldn&#39;t take it anymore! I called the lady who did my hair for two weeks buggin&#39; her on what she thought about this and that, and telling her how geeked I was and I apologized for blowing up her phone, but she felt me. She knew I was psyched and it was all good with her. But yeah, it is true, when it is time, you will know. :bis

Mocha

toy
01-21-2004, 04:02 PM
Mocha,

Your pics are so cute...your hair is pretty and gonna be some beautiful locs! It&#39;s nice to finally be able to put a face to the name! Thanks for sharing!

rockinlocs
01-21-2004, 04:06 PM
oookay...this is REALLY weird!

:huh I just typed the immediate above message to Mocha about her pics and it being nice to place a name with her face. WHY after I posted it did is say I was logged in as TOY????!!!

I just logged OUT as "toy" and logged back in as "rockinlocs". But how on earth did that happen? I never log in and out of NP...my cookies keep me logged in at all times as myself.

I don&#39;t get what just happened. :-?

Oh well, Mocha, "Toy&#39;s" comment above really came from ME!

Sunchild
01-21-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by rockinlocs@Jan 21 2004, 01:06 PM
oookay...this is REALLY weird!

:huh I just typed the immediate above message to Mocha about her pics and it being nice to place a name with her face. WHY after I posted it did is say I was logged in as TOY????!!!

I just logged OUT as "toy" and logged back in as "rockinlocs". But how on earth did that happen? I never log in and out of NP...my cookies keep me logged in at all times as myself.

I don&#39;t get what just happened. :-?

Oh well, Mocha, "Toy&#39;s" comment above really came from ME!
:lol :lol

that is funny rockin! you computer has the spirit :lol

mocha your twists look good.

Fauryn78
01-21-2004, 04:24 PM
Congrats and Welcome!!!

starlene
01-21-2004, 04:38 PM
Hey Mocha, I just viewed your album - I left a comment so all I will say here is - They really suit you! :thumbsup

mochacaremel
01-21-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by rockinlocs@Jan 21 2004, 12:06 PM
oookay...this is REALLY weird!

:huh I just typed the immediate above message to Mocha about her pics and it being nice to place a name with her face. WHY after I posted it did is say I was logged in as TOY????!!!

I just logged OUT as "toy" and logged back in as "rockinlocs". But how on earth did that happen? I never log in and out of NP...my cookies keep me logged in at all times as myself.

I don&#39;t get what just happened. :-?

Oh well, Mocha, "Toy&#39;s" comment above really came from ME!
Gurl, that is too crazy! I too, always leave myself logged in and/or remembered on my computer...too wierd. I wonder how many other times this has happened?And thank you so much for the compliment!

Thank you to all you ladies who took the time out of your day to stop by my album. I really appreciate the love.

@Rockinlocs, did you go to the Auto Show? I am so hurt I couldn&#39;t go, I haven&#39;t been to Detroit since 2001... :mad

Mocha

toy
01-21-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by toy@Jan 21 2004, 11:02 AM
Mocha,

Your pics are so cute...your hair is pretty and gonna be some beautiful locs! It&#39;s nice to finally be able to put a face to the name! Thanks for sharing!
ok, i&#39;ve officially entered the twilight zone...how was rockinlocs able to channel me?!? :shock :shock

anyway, mocha, your twists look great! they should progress into some beautiful locs! :) :)

rockinlocs
01-21-2004, 05:44 PM
@AK - Girl, I don&#39;t know WHAT was up with this computer...but it&#39;s all better now!

@Mocha - No, I don&#39;t go to the autoshows. Not really my cup of tea. But next time you&#39;re in town, let me know!

@Toy - yeah toy...you know you hacked into my computer! :razz

Twistednkinky
01-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by mochacaremel@Jan 21 2004, 01:00 PM
@TwistednKinky, My motivation for locing. Hmmm, you know what? I always wanted locs. In high school, I couldn&#39;t have them. Period. When I went to college, I was distracted from my mission by throngs of freshmen who assured me that a bouncin&#39; swingin&#39; perm is what I needed to keep. When I left college to join the Navy, I couldn&#39;t have them, period. But in the back of my mind I always wanted locs for myself. But I am glad I waited because back then, I prolly woulda started with black gel and beeswax, and prolly woulda retwisted them in any direction, and used all types of products that were bad...so I am glad it is happening at a time when I am so much more educated.

I knew it was time, when I just couldn&#39;t take it anymore! I called the lady who did my hair for two weeks buggin&#39; her on what she thought about this and that, and telling her how geeked I was and I apologized for blowing up her phone, but she felt me. She knew I was psyched and it was all good with her. But yeah, it is true, when it is time, you will know. :bis

Mocha
Thanks Mocha for taking the time to reply.

I too am a loc admirer, but I know that I am not ready as I have not taken the time to educate myself about the journey. Nor do I feel mentally prepared either.

Nonetheless, I will live vicariously through this loc&#39;ed community until the "appointed" time.

:offtopic <<<He needs some Metamucil! :lol

BTW...How&#39;s the baby and motherhood in general?

mochacaremel
01-21-2004, 06:59 PM
@TwistednKinky, I will PM you in a sec, the baby needs me!

Mocha

MochaMom
01-21-2004, 10:23 PM
woohoo! congrats :app to you lady caramel! looks like we got a couple o&#39; things in common now :thumbsup your twist look really nice...keep the pics coming :heart

cleosimba
01-22-2004, 01:39 AM
Congrats on your locs! 8)

In regard to twisting or palm rolling on wich size-- apparently hair grows clock wise :-P so-- most people twist the way their hair grows
I guess that&#39;s why we should do it--
-- Probably better for the hair cuticle and less stress...!!

I will soon fallow you in the loc journey-- Next month!!

Congrats again! :app :thumbsup

wannabenappy
01-22-2004, 01:18 PM
Congratualations. It looks like you&#39;re off to a good start. :app

silkgirl2
01-23-2004, 07:41 AM
:lol Congrats on starting you locing process :thumbsup

LovelyLocs
01-23-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by shuaia@Jan 20 2004, 11:14 AM
shake the haters and welcome. you&#39;ll get nothing but love here. :)
ITA!!

TEASIA
01-23-2004, 03:18 PM
:app :) :) Hey girl! Congrats and we are glad that you are here!