PDA

View Full Version : ADOPT Your Newbie Here

mz_katz
01-20-2004, 03:21 PM
<span style=\'color:red\'>
1. Status of Your Hair Journey (i.e Transitioning or Completely Napptural)
2. How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural
3. Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop&#39;
4. When you became completely Napptural
5. <a href=\'http://www.nappturality.com/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=35\' target=\'_blank\'>Hair Type</a>and/or Description of your hair
6. Length of your hair (either exact or estimated)
7. Preferred method of contact (i.e email, Yahoo IM..etc.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

[b]Feel free to put any additional info you feel would help a &#39;Veteran&#39; learn more about your journey, but please make sure you at least include the above info.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
**&#39;Newbies&#39;, once you have been &#39;adopted&#39; and have matched up with a mentor...PLEASE post a reply stating that you have been matched up...so we know who is no longer available.**
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I received questions from those of you who are &#39;In the Middle&#39; of your journey...not a &#39;Newbie&#39; but not quite a &#39;Vet&#39; yet..asking how they can help. It would be great if you posted your info on here making yourself available to &#39;Newbies&#39; who perhaps don&#39;t want to be &#39;adopted&#39;...or passing through...or those who are perhaps simply toying with the idea of becoming napptural, but not on the journey. At least this way they know someone is available for questions and they have someone to converse with on a more personal level.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! Feel free to send me PM&#39;s with any questions, comments, or concerns you may have!

mz_katz
01-20-2004, 03:38 PM
:app YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! Looks like I get to be the first &#39;Newbie&#39; to post her info! :bis

1. Completely Napptural
2. Been Napptural for 5 months
3. I chose NOT to do &#39;The Big Chop&#39;
4. Transitioned for a year...Completely Napptural - Aug. 03
5. I haven&#39;t found out my specific hair type yet, but my hair is a combination...Front-wavy; Middle-med curls; Top-very fuzzy no real curl definition; Back-med curls; Very Back-wavy...My hair is soft and healthy, but doesn&#39;t really retain any sheen. It tends to be fuzzy if it dries without some kind product on it. It drinks water like a thirsty dog..lol..and seems to stay moistorized for a while.(Please see my hair album)
6. Hair length is 6.5 inches
7. Prefer to be contacted through Nappturality PMs OR Via Email (mz_klkatz@yahoo.com)
Extra: My last relaxer was in Aug. 02. I have cut my hair twice and dyed it.
:blah

afro-latina
01-20-2004, 05:33 PM
Hello Ladies,

1. I&#39;m transitioning
2. Last relaxer was in Oct. 03
3. I would like to transition for at least a year (even though at times I feel like chopping now, but don&#39;t have the courage)
4. I don&#39;t really know my hairtype other than &#39;hella nappy&#39;
5. I think I have about an inch or so of new growth, and my hair is about chin level
6. You can contact me through napturality or my email : jismel22@yahoo.com

inkysphinx
01-20-2004, 05:42 PM
I consider myself a "newbie" since I&#39;m just now starting to get to know my hair. I would love a veteran mentor. I need styling help!!

1. Completely Natural
2. I stopped perming in Dec 2001, transitioned with braids until Nov 2003. I believe that I sustained damage to my hairline from the braids.
3. I did not do the big chop, my relaxed ends kind of fell off.
4. I&#39;m not sure when the relaxed ends fell off. . .but i consider my NAPPTURAL date to be Nov 10, 2003 when I decided to take the braids out and be me!
5. I believe that my hair type is 4a and coily. The hair at the hairline that is just now filling in seems to be bigger curls than the ones in the middle and back of my head.
6. between 3 and 5 inches all over. My hair is EXTREMELY uneven--short in some places and longer in others. I don&#39;t want to even it out until it grows some more, but I AM thinking about doing a big chop to even it out. . .
7. PM me via nappturality.

Thanks!!
Oh yeah, I&#39;m in the wash DC area. . .

JustKei
01-20-2004, 05:48 PM
Adopt me Please.....

1 Transitioned for 2 1/2 Mths
2 Been natural for 5 months
3 My hair is about 3 inches in long
4 I dont care for the hair typing but I can describe it or you can check out my album
5 I need styling ideas/lessons

Please PM me.....

LynnLynn
01-20-2004, 05:58 PM
I would like to have a hair mentor---and would like to be a hair mentor to those in transition.

I would like a hair mentor because I&#39;ve only been natural for two months, and I still have tons (tons, tons) of questions. Here&#39;s my info

-Been natural since the end of Nov &#39;03
-Transitioned for 9.5 months
-Currently wearing a daily freeform with "shoelace" headband
-Experimenting with twists
-5.5 inches of hair
-Been a member of Nappturality.com for about a year

Socrvixen
01-20-2004, 06:08 PM
HI ALL!!!1 I&#39;m a very new "Newbie". I just decided that i wanted to go natural about 48 hrs ago but i have been thinking about it for a few years. My Mom went natural about 1 year ago and i see how free she feels and i want that. Here is my history

1. Last relaxer was on Dec 28th
2. I&#39;m horrified about the "big chop" so i want to transition for atleast 1 year.
3. I really have no idea what my hair type is but my beautician tells me that my hair is curly but that&#39;s all i know
4. My hair isin pretty good condition, thick, and medium length--to my back
I really am going to need help with product suggestions and ideas. I am a product junkie and i can stop that with suggestions from someone has made this journey. I&#39;m so excited about geting a mento :rainfro

blestnaps
01-20-2004, 06:11 PM
Up for adoption...
Been natural the third time for almost 5 months..
Don&#39;t know my hair type..3 inches of hair..
Need help with styling and other questions....pm me please.....Thanks so much........

AfrikaIzin_My_Hair
01-20-2004, 06:27 PM
Someone can adopt me if they want to :lol, and I don&#39;t mind helping out those that are new in the transition.

1. Transitioning since May &#39;03 (this is my 2nd time transitioning, the first time was in 2001).
2. That makes it 8 months
3. I plan on transitioning for 2 years or so
4. I don&#39;t know my exact hair type...I just know it&#39;s wavy/little curls.
5. My naps are about 3 inches in length. My permed hair reaches down to my shoulders.
6. Prefer to be contacted through NP PMs or on yahoo, s/n: nappy_iz_cute

:)

pookeylou
01-20-2004, 06:45 PM
Ok...obviously I am a newbie...because I dont follow direction well :-) .

Let me go copy what I wrote in the other thread and post it here!

"I would love a specific mentor (even though I listen to anyone who has had natural hair for some time)...

And I dont mind being a hair "buddy" to walk through this with you...if you feel I can help.

I have only been natural since 11/11/03. I transitioned for 7 months.
My hair feels like the texture of angora yarn that has shea butter on it. Someone has said my hair looks like "Soft 4A hair", but honestly...I cannot figure out those hair types to save my life.

I really just want a mentor to watch my language from here on out...if my viewpoint waivers in any way from the truth...that nappy hair is good hair...then I need them to suggest articles, books, videos...ANYTHING to get my mind on track.

I am a "warm and fuzzy" kind of poster on this forum...but if you are blatant but respectful...truthful but tactful...then I have no problem handling that type of personality. The truth gets me to my destination...that is really all I care about.

So dont leave me as the "last one picked for the dodge ball team"! I would love a mentor! I dont mind being a "buddy" but remember my experience is limited...still learning myself."

I promise I will follow directions if I am adopted...I promise. :-)

butta_cream
01-20-2004, 06:56 PM
last perm on thanksgiving 03
i have not done the big chop. i want to transition for about a year.
my hair is dry....i dyed it in december 03.
4a-OS...i think. i can provide pics if they would be more helpful.
i have about 5 inches of hair overall.

you can contact me by e-mail (dat_redhead_chic@hotmail.com/dat_redhead_chic@yahoo.com)
or by yahoo IM (dat_redhead_chic)

mslady
01-20-2004, 07:29 PM
:) :)

Hello, I am looking for my natural hair twin (or close to it) to adopt me.
I really need you!!!

Here is my stats:

1. I have been completely natural less than one year.

2. I transitioned for about one year.

3. I cut my relaxer out gradually.

4. I became completely natural around May or June of 2003.

5. Not really getting the hair type thing. The best way I can describe my hair is by saying that it is thick and course with a lot of shrinkage.

6. My length is between 6 and 7 inches.

7. I can be pm&#39;ed. If you would rather e-mail me that is fine too. After I am "officially adopted" I can give you my e-mail address.

Hope to hear from you.

delightfulflame
01-20-2004, 08:37 PM
I would love to have a mentor, and I don&#39;t mind being a buddy. (I actually have been a buddy for a while unofficially, and I was so happy that they all hung in there and chopped.)

Completely napptural

I transitioned for 3 months, starting in May 2003. I like to call it a mind transition because I big chopped ALL of my growth progress off. I did the big chop in August 2003 down to less than 1/4" in some spots and 1/2" at the longest. I guess that makes me natural for about 5 months.

Yes

August 2003

5. Hair Type and/or Description of your hair

4a mostly- s and o shapes. Some looser sections in front along edges and at the nape. Don&#39;t quite know how to classify them. Lots of straight hairs that stick up throughout. Very coily- tight coils. Cottony...low sheen without products.

2 - 2.5"

pm on the board

Socrvixen
01-20-2004, 08:51 PM
"HI ALL!!!1 I&#39;m a very new "Newbie". I just decided that i wanted to go natural about 48 hrs ago but i have been thinking about it for a few years. My Mom went natural about 1 year ago and i see how free she feels and i want that. Here is my history

1. Last relaxer was on Dec 28th
2. I&#39;m horrified about the "big chop" so i want to transition for atleast 1 year.
3. I really have no idea what my hair type is but my beautician tells me that my hair is curly but that&#39;s all i know
4. My hair isin pretty good condition, thick, and medium length--to my back
I really am going to need help with product suggestions and ideas. I am a product junkie and i can stop that with suggestions from someone has made this journey. I&#39;m so excited about geting a mentor"
i forgot to say that i can be contacted at AOL-my e-mail is socrvixen@aol.com

terika
01-20-2004, 09:14 PM
Hello My name is Terika and I am also looking for some to adopt me

I am in the transitioning process right now.

I haven&#39;t permed my hair since August of 2003 and I originally decided I would like to remain natural in November. So all together I would say I have been transitioning for about 6 Months and 2 days.

I plan to cut the remaining perm in my hair in Feburary.

I will be next month

5. Hair Typeand/or Description of your hair

I have kinky hair

I really don&#39;t know since I have been wearing braids and twist so long, but I would say approx. 5 inches

I would like to be contacted at teriqa@email.com

AngelNappy
01-20-2004, 09:17 PM
1. Transitioning
2. I&#39;ve been transitioning for a month and a half :app :app :app
3. NO Big Choppy for me (yet)
4. N/A
5. My hair is coarse, it has no shine, and it can be very frizzy, some parts are curly and some parts just do their own thing (z like strands) :fight
6. My hair is approximately under my ears, but I have about an inch of new growth
7. You can reach me on AIM mostly, or send an email

natitwists
01-20-2004, 09:42 PM
I don&#39;t know if I am following directions but I am a &#39;veteran&#39; nap. I have been natural going on 4 years. I big chopped in Dec 2000. I would love to be a mentor!! I would also like to have more buddies, I have a couple but am always looking to encourage others because I know the power of positive words.

So take a look at my album, if our hair type is similar or you think you&#39;d like some of my LIMITED knowledge (wink, wink) pm me here at nappturality or email me at yahoo. Same username for yahoo email.

Gosh I hope someone wants me to be their mentor!! :-)

go-natural
01-20-2004, 10:14 PM
I am a newbie. Interested in obtaining the guidance of a vet.

1. Last relaxer 11/15/03
2. Transitioning since 1/1/04
3. Not sure of my hair type
4. I have decided not to do the "Big Chop". I will transition with weaves, braids, roller sets
5. I can be reached at reedavis2@comcast.net

I would greatly apppreciate your help.

go-natural

redchika
01-20-2004, 10:26 PM
Hello veterans. I&#39;m a newbie and I want to be adopted so I can have a big napptural sister :blab Here are my stats.

1. Status of my Hair Journey- I&#39;m in transition.
2. How long have you been Transitioning- 9½ months
3. Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop-Nope. Not yet. I want to but i&#39;m scared.
4. When you became completely Napptural-not yet
5. Hair Typeand/or Description of your hair-i&#39;m a 4a
6. Length of your hair (either exact or estimated) 3½ inches natural and 4 inches relaxed
7. Preferred method of contact (i.e email, Yahoo IM..etc.)e-mail redchika@aol.com or aim redchika02
:rainfro

MSNewbie
01-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Hi my journey is as follows:

Status in journey: Completely Natural

Transtioning time: 8 1/2 months

Big Chop: Yes

When you became fully natural: Jan 13, 2004

Hair type: I believe I am 4a or daugher os; very tight coils

Length of hair: 3 1/2 to 5 inches

Preferred method of contact: pm or email(keb5@msstate.edu)

CarolinaAfro
01-20-2004, 11:00 PM
I&#39;m in between being a newbie and a vetern so I&#39;ll take a hair buddy or a mentor.

I&#39;m napptural

I&#39;ve been completely napptural since June 2002 (19 months)

I did the BIG CHOP

Here&#39;s my hairstory...
For about 9 months before I decided to go natural I had micro braids because of a hair cut I HATED (salon horror story). As soon as the back was long enough to grip I got it braided with the intentions of perming and cutting my hair into the style I wanted once it had grown out enough.

Like a day before the last time I took my braids out an aquantaince of mine asked me if I had ever considered going natural. Nope. But I had always admired napptural hair and so decided to give it a try.

I don&#39;t really consider myself as having transitioned b/c the whole time I was braided up I never even thought of going natural. I fought with 2 textures for about 2 weeks and said to hell with that.

If I had to do it over again I would definitely shave my head bald.

I would have to guess a 4a/b. Super thick! My hair is dyed and I have a color rinse. Check out my hair album!!

7inches? How do you guys measure your hair?

PM

Huntress
01-20-2004, 11:23 PM
Hi everyone
This is my journey so far…...

Status of Your Hair Journey
I stopped relaxing my hair almost two years ago. I originally just planned to give my hair a break from the chemicals as it was breaking. :cen I had planned to start relaxing again once I had enough growth but then I found there was a better way.

How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural?
I&#39;ve been transition for 2 years. I’ve grown my hair out with weaves, braids, and canerows which means I don’t know how to care for my hair. And I’m scared I will make a mess of it.

Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop&#39;
Not yet.

Hair Type and/or Description of your hair
I have type 4a hair with a very small tight coil.

Length of your hair
7-8 inches of natural hair.

Preferred method of Contact
I don’t really mind email or pm are cool with me. E-mail/msn h_omoh@hotmail.com

I’m friendly, honest, optimistic, a bit of a worrier, and open-minded. I would love to chat to anyone with something to say.

Ebony

Ps I would like to chat to fellow newbies!!

Huntress
01-20-2004, 11:35 PM
Hi everyone
This is my journey so far…...

I stopped relaxing my hair almost two years ago. I originally just planned to give my hair a break from the chemicals as it was breaking. I had planned to start relaxing again once I had enough growth but then I found there was a better way.

How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural?
I&#39;ve been transition for 2 years. I’ve grown my hair out with weaves, braids, and canerows which means I don’t know how to care for my hair. And I’m scared I will make a mess of it.

Not yet.

I have type 4a hair with a very small tight coil.

Length of your hair
7-8 inches of natural hair.

Preferred method of Contact
I don’t really mind email or pm are cool with me. E-mail/msn h_omoh@hotmail.com

I’m friendly, honest, optimistic, a bit of a worrier, and open-minded. I would love to chat to anyone with something to say.

Ebony

Ps I would like to chat to fellow newbies!!

Huntress
01-20-2004, 11:36 PM
sorry for the double post

hotcocogurl
01-20-2004, 11:53 PM
I am Rachel and I would like to be adopted(LOL, I feel like a puppy.)

1. I am transitioning.

2. My last relaxer was at the end of October. I began with the intentions of just extending my relaxer but then I decided to go natural.

3. I plan to chop soon. Probably within a month.

4. I will hopefully be relaxer free next month.

5. Umm, I really dont know my exact hair type. The front of my hair is loose wavy and the middle is more tightly coiled.

6. I did have 10-11 inches of relaxed hair but I just cut 2-3 inches of it off to mentally prepare myself for the big chop.

7. I would like to be contacted at either ra570332@wcupa.edu or by AOL AIM HotCoCoGurl130.

lilcie
01-20-2004, 11:57 PM
1. I am currently transitioning
2. My last relaxer was end of November
3. want to do the big chop but afraid
4. not yet completely natural
5. very thick with coarse edges
6. 1/4 inch new growth
7. email at zoy03@blackplanet.com, or pm :rolleyes

wanna-b-nap
01-21-2004, 12:23 AM
1 Transitioning
2 Transitioning for 4 months
3 Have not done the BC as of yet but will do so when my hair is long enough
4 My new growth seems to be very wavy and curly.
5 i think my hair is about5 inches (mostly perm).
6 i prefer to be e-mailed.

thighslikewhat
01-21-2004, 12:25 AM
:smug *Mad because Im not yet a vet but would love to adopt*

I am NOT a "middler" :lol

phatlipps1
01-21-2004, 12:33 AM
Completely nappy.

December 02

I sure did do the big chop.

March 03

I dont know what my hair type is. I just have a thick mass of it. Short and thick.

Maybe 4 inches. I think. Somewhere around there!

YAHOO IM

So, who&#39;s my new mama?

sweetnes
01-21-2004, 12:51 AM
1. Status of my Hair Journey- I chopped about seven months ago
2. How long have you been Transitioning- I transitioned for about six months
3. Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop - Yup :-)
4. When you became completely Napptural- June &#39;03
5. Hair Typeand/or Description of your hair- 4a-ish (curls, naps, everything in between)
6. Length of your hair (either exact or estimated) 5-5.5" nappy :-)
7. Preferred method of contact (i.e email, Yahoo IM..etc.) PM me for my email and AOL screenname

** I&#39;m at that awkward stage. I dont know what to do with my hair. I&#39;m thinking about dreads. I&#39;m also thinking of cutting it off :d) who knows **

reelcoochick
01-21-2004, 12:58 AM
Hello my name is Danielle and i am a 19 yr. old college sophmore. I am currently attending Kentucky St. Univ. and loving it.
I decided to go natural with my hair after I started learning about the effects that a perm has on your hair. I&#39;ve been perm free since Oct. 03 but now i&#39;m a little lost on what to do. Everyone keeps advising me to go ahead and cut all of my permed hair off but I am a little nervous. I&#39;ve been wearing headwraps and getting braids for the last three. If there is anyone who has any advice please feel free to share. Oh yeah I have a very course and thick grade of hair.

Cordially,
Danielle

Venetter
01-21-2004, 01:06 AM
Hey reelcoochick! I&#39;ve been naptural for 2+ years, but wore twists extensions for a year after months of burning my hair up with the blowdryer. I was unpatient and wanted to stretch my twa to the limit - bad, bad me!

Anyway, I&#39;m in school at Univ of Louisville - right down the street! :)

I have straight up 4b and am still learning how to care for it properly - I just took out the twists during the break. If you need some advice, etc. I&#39;ll do my best to help/support/learn from you or any other newbies!

oh! I did the big chop. Funny too cuz I just styled my hair the day before, but after seeing all the hair in the sink realized, "Enough is ENUF!"

Venetter :)

Starpearl
01-21-2004, 02:22 AM
Fresh off the Perm!!

1. transitioner
2. I have been trasitioning for about a month
3. I have not yet bought myself up to do a big chop yet. I think I want to get a couple of inches before I do. That way I could do some cute styles while keeping it healthy and growing.
4. I don&#39;t know what my hair type is, but I have that VERY thick, I can&#39;t pass a comb through it, getting fed up so I perm type of hair! Now, like most women out there, I am tired of the lye! I am opened to accepting my natural beauty and find a way to manage my hair. I will need a lot of support.
6. My hair is currently in layers and is just touching my shoulder (I still have the perm).
I am going to need a lot of advice about what products I can use to get my hair to be more manageable so that I don&#39;t break down, suggestions of how-to hairstyles during my transition stage, accesories I could use and where I could find them, when and if I do the big chop.
7. Feel free to contact me at Starpearl9@aol.com

macgirl
01-21-2004, 04:25 AM
1. Currently Transitioning-will chop in April or May
2. Been Transitioning for about 9 months
3. I chose NOT to do &#39;The Big Chop&#39;
4. Based on what I have read I *think* I am 3c/4a possibly 4b as well. I have some parts, sides and back, w/no realxer and they coil right up. Of course I won&#39;t really know until I chop.
6. Natural hair lenght 2-3 inches, relaxed 10-12 inches
7. Prefer to be contacted through Nappturality PMs OR Via Email (naildiva@mac.com)
Extra: My last relaxer was in May O3. I am located in Baltimore if that helps.

:thumbsup

Jenn

defblue
01-21-2004, 05:02 AM
I&#39;m completely napptural
9 months
Yes. I did a midchop in March. Then the rest in April
April 7, 2003
combination of 4a & 4b cottony, I&#39;m not sure the rest
Blown out - shoulder length
I really don&#39;t have a prefrence. I hadn&#39;t been to the site as often as I used to, but know I&#39;m back :)

I&#39;m looking for anyone who can help with creating natural products.

NappyZeta
01-21-2004, 01:25 PM
Wow this is a great idea

1. Completely natural
2. I have been natual a little over a month
3. I did do the big chop
4. Big chop was done in Dec look at the signature
5. Ok Texture that is a hard one....hmmm....I have mostly 4a all over my hair with patches of 4b more on just on the right side of my head. In the front middle part of my head which tends to do the mohawk thing my hair is a 3b/c. Basically I have a real multi-textured head.
6. I can be contacted through pms on here

Thanks future adopted mama

plezd
01-21-2004, 03:47 PM
:doh My online name is plezed(meaning I&#39;m learning to become pleased with myself)
I have been trationing for about seven months.

1. Currently my hair is very dry, thick and hard to handle :fight
2. My hair is 4 inches all 4B and thick
3. I have not done the official big Chop but I have had several mini chops. Cutting my once 9 to 10 inch hair to around four inches.
I made an appointment for the big chop on January 1st and decided against it. I&#39;m still working up the courage.

4. I am not completely natural I have about 1 to 1.5 inches of perm left
5. All 4B very thick
6. 4 inches
7. E-mail would be the preferred contact. Please IM me for my e-mail address

I&#39;m looking for a vet with a similar hair type that can offer support and instruction.

sharynleigh
01-21-2004, 03:59 PM
I don;t know if I am a newbie or a veteran but I would like a mentor.

I stopped perming my hair in 2/02 because I just wasn&#39;t feeling it anymore. I wore twists extensions and goddess braids during that time because they looked so neat. Anyway, my hair grew like rice and the twists got so expensive because of my hair length and thickness and they looked sorta like locs so..... I am locing my hair.

1. Status - baby locs
2. perm free since 2/02, babylocs since 11/03
3. Big chop 11/03
4. Became napptural 2/02
5. Hair type, I don&#39;t know about the numbers but my hair is thick (lots of strands), shiny when stretched, soft, smooth feeling but not cottony, sort of wavy but not really. It straightens if braided while wet. Naturally oily.
6. Back locs are 6", top 4 - 5", layered by loctitian
7. Email sharynlee@aol.com

butta_cream
01-21-2004, 04:21 PM
i&#39;ve been adopted!!!!!!!!!

netta1
01-21-2004, 04:30 PM

1. I&#39;m 100% natural

2. Transitioned for over six months

3. Cut gradually (started with over 9", then cut remaining 6.5" in October 03).

4. Became natural in Oct 2003

5. Hair type.....hmmmm 4a/b??? come and see :0)

6. about 3.5-4" (I think)

7. IMs are the best way to reach me

Great idea!!!! :rainfro

cpa2v
01-21-2004, 04:48 PM
I would love to have a mentor!

I&#39;ve been transitioning since July 03

I wore micro braids for 3 months (just took out). I&#39;m wearing a two strand twist right now that I did.

No

Not there yet

Don&#39;t quite know how to classify it. Wavy at the root, curly in the middle, straight on the ends. Lots of straight hairs that stick up throughout. Very coily- tight coils. Low sheen without products. Very dry

Estimate: to end of neck when stretched out after drying.

email: cpate2002@yahoo.com

AngelNappy
01-21-2004, 05:29 PM
I guess in order for me to find a mentor I would have to list my information right? Oops I forgot it last time

I can be reached on AIM at Seraph2k2, email is the same...
So whose gone adopt me, I need somebody to braid my hurh, I don&#39;t know how :(

coco4urmind
01-21-2004, 05:48 PM

I am completely natural
I have been napptural for a year
I did not do the big chop
I am a mix of 4a curl s pattern and 3b i guess. Its managable
Probably chin length on the side and top of back in back
e-mail or IM here or at yahoo same name in both

I have been napptural for over a year off and on for over eight yearscycling in braids and weaves and perms. I thought the only styles for my napptural hair was braids or sew ins. i have been rocking my twists and twist out for a couple of months but i mainly wrap up in scarves. I am a little self concious about how thick and untamed my twist outs are.

kutekinks
01-21-2004, 06:13 PM
I&#39;d looovve to be adopted. I have anyone around me that&#39;s natural and my mom and sis can&#39;t really relate. A mentor would really help this journey.

COMPLETELY NATURAL!
Transitioned 6 months; Napptural one month
Yup I did the BC myself.
December 29 2003
I think I&#39;m 4b...pretty nappy and a lot of shrinkage;
<<measuring right now>> lol about 4 inches stretched
Email is good; IM would be great

ADOPT MEEEEEEEE.....lol....please

Oh yea...ne NYC mentors available? (I know beggers cant be choosers but had to give it a shot) :-cre

caramelaggie
01-21-2004, 06:13 PM
I need to be adopted!!!!!
Here is my info.
Status of Your Hair Journey I am 100% naturual I have a TWA
2. I transistioned for 6 months and then cut it all off about 1 month ago
3. I did the big chop on Dec. 13
4. Dec. 13
5. I have 4a on sides and top. I think I have 3b in the back.
6. TWA probably about a half inch now when I pick it out.
7. you can PM me or send me an email

I need some help on what to do with this stuff has it grows because it is growing fast.

blestnaps
01-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Here is some more information that I need to add..
I did a big chop the first time march 2001..I then wore my hair completely natural until November of 2002. Don&#39;t ask why I ever went back it is a long story and the wrong decision...BECAUSE
I went to a stylist and she gave me a relaxer that looked ok at first, but before I got home it had started to break. When she finished by hair was past my shoulders because being natural it had grown quite a bit. It started breaking and in spots it was broken to the scalp...I was too upset..I hosted Thanksgiving with bald spots and broken hair that I tried to hide by pulling it back, but it only showed the bald temples even more..
...I then grew it out and as soon as I could January 2003..I cut it way down....Natural again...Then I had a Bodiphier in May 2003....Supposed to not be a relaxer...but it was...So thus breakage again...I did a big chop September of 2003...and then a trim again October of 2003...It was really short but natural again...
So I am Napptural now..
My hair is 4b..but it is hard to tell because I have different textures..
It is about 3 inches..
As you can tell from my history I need a veteran/mentor...
Pm me or email.....thanks

coutman
01-21-2004, 07:45 PM
Completely Napptural

Transitioned from Oct 2002 to July 2003

I did "The Big Chop"

July 2003

4a in the front and top, 4b at sides, 3c in the back and nape. Fine, s pattern.

4 to 6 inches top and sides, nape 3inches

email.

Please Adopt Me!

Jams
01-21-2004, 10:08 PM
I would LOVE to be adopted :-)

Feel free to put any additional info you feel would help a &#39;Veteran&#39; learn more about your journey, but please make sure you at least include the above info.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````
1. I am completely natural
2. My last touch-up was 5/11/02 and I clipped the last bit of relaxer on 9/03
3. I didn&#39;t to the big chop
4. I cut off all my permed ends on 9/30/03
5. I believe I am a 4b with a small section of 4a on the top.
6. Um , well I just trimmed my ends and had a major booboo, but the back is significantly longer than my sides and top.
7. You can pm me or email if nappturality goes down again

blestnaps
01-21-2004, 10:14 PM
:doh I need to post something else...I put 4b, but actually I think I am a 4a and like I said different textures...I also need a veteran to help me figure out what my texture is...I can mail pictures...I just need help.... :)

demetria
01-22-2004, 12:13 AM
Newbie here......hope someone can relate to me and help me out along the way :)

1. Completely napptural

2. last relaxer on 9/2/03; completely napptural on 11/29/03, so that makes me a napptural for almost two months

3. decided on the big chop versus transitioning a bit longer

4. chopped on 11/29/03

5. I think my hair may be somewhere around 4a OS, not quite sure....just that it really absorbs water.....hopefully my future mentor can help me with this

6.length: 1-1.5 inches

7. prefer email: demetria_4@yahoo.com or im at ecstasy4urmind (aim)

So glad that someone thought of this :)

sapphire
01-22-2004, 06:02 AM
Hello,

1. Completely Napptural
2. I&#39;ve been napptural for 2 months and 6 six days
3. I did the big chop
4. I transitioned for about 9 months and finally did the big chop Nov. 16
5. I have three different hair textures; 3c/4a/4b. Very loosely curled in the back, to fine to hold a twist. The front and sides are tight curls or coils ( I really don&#39;t know the difference), and thw middle is the nappiest part of my head that doesn&#39;t curl up as easily as the rest. It&#39;s more like wavy clumps of hair.
6. 3-4 inches in length
7. Prefer to be contacted through PM&#39;s

Extra info: It appears that the middle of my head is the longest. I have major shrinkage around the back, whereas the top has very little (or not as much as the rest). Fros are not a look I choose to sport right now.

ANappyNeo
01-22-2004, 10:22 AM

Completely Napptural!!!

2. How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural?
I had my last relaxer in March of 2003, and I just recently cut off the last of my relaxer about 1 week ago.

Yes, 01/16/04

5. Hair Type (http://www.nappturality.com/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=35)and/or Description of your hair
I would say that my hair is primarily 4b, yet I have some loose curls in the crown area of my hair. The back of my hair is almost all coily (very weird).

Well, when it&#39;s freshly washed and unmanipulated, I would say about 2 inches. When stretched it&#39;s anywhere from 3.5-5 inches depending on where you are on my head.

I guess I would have to say my AOL email addy, which is Savvydiva2@aol.com or PM.

The only style that I have mastered at this point is the flat twist out. Tonight I wore some flat twists to work because I didn&#39;t have time to take them out, and they looked decent. I usually flat twist my hair in two layers, and take them both out, but last night, I only took the back out and left the twists in the front. It&#39;s kinda cute, had I known that I wouldn&#39;t have time to take them out, I would have been a little neater. I would like to try some new things, as I have not worn my hair &#39;un-bent&#39; (for lack of a better word) since I&#39;ve been natural. I&#39;d like to experiment with headbands and pseudopuff and stuff.

:insert sad smiley saying "please adopt me" here: :rolleyes

indigo2
01-22-2004, 01:08 PM
I need a mentor!!!

Status of hair journey: Transitioning

How long?
Mentally Transitioning since December 19. Physically transitioning since November.

Big Chop? Hopefully between April and June

Hair type: Whew! This is a hard one. I thought I was OS from LOIS but I am completely S. Some are big S some are little s but my entire head of hair is very very soft (I like to call it play dough). My front, crown and kitchen are almost straight (naturally) but I have this band of hair from ear to ear right around the middle back of my head that is much curlier (smaller s) My natural hair gets kind of stringy and clumps together when wet but gets big and poofy when it dries out. Does pretty much whatever I want it to do hence the name "play dough"

Length of my hair: My hair is about 4-5 inches. Its cut in a short bob reaching just under my ears. I have about 1 inch of new growth.

Preferred method of contact:
email and nappturality mail.
oc_chic26@yahoo.com

chokoleti
01-22-2004, 08:56 PM
1. Status of Your Hair Journey—Transitioning
2. How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural.
6 months
3. I plan to do the big chop next month (February 2004)
4. When you became completely Napptural—Not yet!
5. My hair is very wavy in front and sides, loosely curled in the back and just a little tighter curls in the middle.
6. Length of your hair (either exact or estimated) My unprocessed hair is approx. 3-5 inches
7. Preferred method of contact (missp45@hotmail.com.)

I am ready for the big chop but I am so clueless as to styling. I have always been one to get my hair done and I have never had shorter hair. So it’s not like I will be able to wear a ponytail immediately. I can’t braid yet but I am trying to teach myself.

deedabug
01-22-2004, 09:31 PM
1. Status of Your Hair Journey (i.e Transitioning or Completely Napptural)completely nappy

2. How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural? bout 3 mths

3. Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop&#39; yes

4. When you became completely Napptural? october 2003

5. Hair Typeand/or Description of your hair? 4a & 3a...has a tendency to turn into cottony tree stumps if lacking moisturization

6. Length of your hair (either exact or estimated) about 3 inches could be more(i&#39;m not sure how to measure)

Yahoo--sweetestnectar25
msn--browneyed_gal25@hotmail.com
email--amity38dd247@alltel.net

I take directions well and always eager to learn and i take what i&#39;m told and apply it... :razz :thumbsup

meekahs
01-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Hi!

1. Transitiong with braids.

2. Last perm was Sept. &#39;03

3. I have not chopped yet, but I plan on doing so in about 3 months when my hair is long enough to cover a birth mark in the back of my head.

4. Not completely napptural yet

5. I&#39;m still trying to figure out the whole hair type scenario, but my hair is very thick and dry; I&#39;m having dry scalp issues at this moment as well.

6. My napptural hair is about 1 & 1/2 inches

7. I would like to be contacted either by nappturality account or my aol account (uvameeks@aol.com)

soontobenatural
01-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Hi everybody,

1. Status of Your Hair Journey:
Transitioning (again).
This is my 4th time transitioning.
a) I transitioned for 6 months and returned to the "creamy crack".
b) I did the BC and kept it for 2 weeks before returning.
c) I transitioned for 11 months and stayed natural for 13 months
before returning to the "creamy crack".
d) This is my 4th and final time!! I&#39;m praying about it everyday.

I have been transitioning since 9/17/2003 - 18 weeks. I&#39;m not sure how long I will transition, but I want to make sure my mind is ready for it this time.

N/A

N/A

5. Hair Type and/or Description of your hair:
Don&#39;t know the type, but I do know that I miss my natural hair dearly!!!

6. Length of your hair (either exact or estimated):
3 inches of natural roots with 6 inches of permed ends.

7. Preferred method of contact (i.e email, Yahoo IM..etc.):
I prefer PM&#39;s.

I sure hope someone adopts me!!!!!

misslaina
01-23-2004, 05:33 PM
I am looking for a mentor or a buddy. Okay, here goes...

1. I am all natural.
2. It&#39;s been about a month now. I love taking pictures and documenting my progress too!
3. I did the B/C on December 20, 2003 to about 4 inches that needed to be cut down to about 1 1/2 inches which I did myself. I have been perm free since Aug 19, 2003.
So all together I have been perm free for 5 months.
4. My hair grows super duper fast and is not really in any of the common hair types. I would say it is somewhere in the middle of 4a and 4b. It coils alot but frizzes on top of the coils. You have to mostly open my hair up on the inside to see the curls especially when it is lacking moisture. Without super moisture it gets very dry and hard. So I need serious help with moisture ideas.
5. It&#39;s rounding the corner at about 2 inches and 3 in some places now. I keep cutting it thinking I still see permed ends. I&#39;ve slowed down considerably in the past weeks.
6. You can PM me on this board or email me... alowe97@aol.com. Using Nappturality would be faster since I am always on here. :-P Are you out there buddy?

Oh and check out my pics to see if we are a match!

carrolina
01-23-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by thighslikewhat@Jan 20 2004, 04:25 PM
:smug *Mad because Im not yet a vet but would love to adopt*

I am NOT a "middler" :lol
<span style=\'color:blue\'>1. Status of Your Hair Journey (i.e Transitioning or Completely Napptural) - [b]completely natural2. How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural? - 1 year

3. Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop&#39; - no, hair was pressed

4. When you became completely Napptural? - see no. 2

5. Hair Typeand/or Description of your hair? bloody hair-typing system - 4a/b

6. Length of your hair (either exact or estimated) - 7"

7. Preferred method of contact (i.e email, Yahoo IM..etc.) - Yahoo--heroyalbrowness03
aol--xxbrnsugaxx@aol.com
email--xxbrnsugaxx@aol.com</span>

MariposaMorena08
01-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Please adopt me too...

I was *completely* natural for 4 years before trying a texturizer Thanksgiving 2003. I had gotten bored with my hair and wanted more styling options that didn&#39;t require hours to do. Needless to say, I am transitioning from my texturized hair to natural hair for the last time!

I have been transitioning for 2 months

I did the Big Chop the first time but my husband is not trying to feel that so I will have to transition for about a year.

N/A

I am transitioning from a 3b/4a/4b texturized hair type back to my natural 4a/b hair type.

My natural hair is only about 1/2 and inch to an inch and my texturized hair is about 5 inches on top, 4 inches on the side and 2 inches in the back.

Please contact me via email: Premierepearl08@hotmail.com

Rosa23
01-24-2004, 04:40 PM
I would be a really newbie, I was transitioning for about three months, got desperate about my hair and relaxed again in January 15th. After two days I realized that my hair looked the worse in years and decided to look for a short haircut. Now I&#39;m undecided wether to get a short haircut or transition for a couple of months...
1. So far I&#39;m transitioning
2. I&#39;ve been Transitioning for a couple of days.....
3. I would like to do the &#39;The Big Chop&#39; once I have some new growth two or three months.
5. I don&#39;t know about hair type yet, but in the front is curly, in the middle very very curly, and in the back is just wavy. Overall is soft.
6. I have layers, the shortest are to my chin, and the longest to down my shoulders.
7. Preferred method of contact email (rosa23@verizon.net -- Barbie23NY@yahoo.com)

qsakira
01-25-2004, 05:56 PM
What a cool thread!

I&#39;ve been nappy since April "03.......

I&#39;m willing to be a parent (if you will) :)

send me a PM

Gloria
01-25-2004, 11:22 PM
Umm what if I am not a newbie but I am still trying to get it right?

Nappytop
01-26-2004, 03:09 AM
Hi My name is Sharona. I am a newbie. I would like a mentor. My last relaxer was in October of 2003. My relaxed hair is past the shoulders, on my back. I am in the transition stage. I have about 2 inches of new growth. I plan to transition for about a year and then "maybe&#39; do the big chop. I don&#39;t know my hair type. The new growth is wavy throughout with more of a tighter wave/curl around my hairline and very straight and soft in my "kitchen". Hopefully that will help you. I can be contacted at sharonatw@hotmail.com please reply soon. I need some help with my hair!

Creola
01-26-2004, 04:50 AM
Hi my name is Creola and I am looking for a buddy or mentor.

I am in the transitioning stage from perms.

My last perm was 30 Nov 03.

No, and I am not planning on doing the "Big Chop", I plan on completely transitioning fo a year.

N/A

I really think my hair is a combination of 3a/3b/4a/4b. It is hard to really determine what your hair type is.

My hair is 5, 6, and 7 inches in length.

Please contact me: PM or personal e-mail.

Creola&#39; (box

tomtribe
01-26-2004, 10:42 PM
hey girls,
newbie looking to be adopted.
1) completly napputural
2)been natural for about1 year
3)no didn&#39;t do the big chop
4)1 year
5)colored w/twists
6)3&#39;&#39; long
7)contact me via e-mail

Can&#39;t wait to be adopted.

Ressie
01-27-2004, 06:31 AM
Hello I&#39;m a newbie in need of support and help!!!!
1. Transitioning
2. 4 months now
3. No big chop yet, waiting for spring, its to cold.
4. NA
5. I guess I have a good two inches of new growth. I looked at
my hair and found some S mostly. There are some tighter O curls.
6. I cut my hair into a bob, i like to wear roller sets, now thinking about braids.
7. Im always on Yahoo IM: resie1218 and AIM: resiecup82 :(cha

*Any important things I should look for or ask when finding a person to do my Big Chop?

NeoSoulsista
01-28-2004, 12:16 AM
Hey everyone! I really need a mentor to help me through my journey.

I am transitioning

My last relaxer was December 8th 2003, am IM NOT GOING BACK >:(

I havent done the big chop yet but my plans are to do the big chop sometime in between June and August.

All that I can say about my hair is that its REALLY THICK

I have about 7-8 inches of hair

You can contact me by email prosphbcustudent@yahoo.com or AIM: Stit04

Thanx Ladies!!!!

ShekinahSoul
01-28-2004, 02:56 AM
This is a cool thread. :) I&#39;m a veteran who is willing to help and give support to any newbie who needs it. You can send me as many PMs as you wish. As far as my stats. I&#39;ve been natural for four years. The first two I wore a twa and since then free form locs. My locs come below my neck line on the side and at the top of my shoulder blade length on the back. I have 4b hair so I totally understand about going from a straight perm to the nappiest of the napp. I went from a perm to a texturizer and after about a season in Jan of 2000 I took some scissors and cut out all the texturizer and did my own chop. My transition was really short. Questions I can answer best will deal with doing a short transition, doing your own chop, sporting a TWA and all the adjustments that brings forth, cutting your own fro (never went to a barber), starting and growing free form locs. But some things are just universal to going natural such as the comments from family and friends and our own self confidence. So no matter what your journey I can answer the heart felt questions and fears. So send me a PM if you have questions or just need some encouragement and honest answers.

azulgato
01-28-2004, 12:24 PM
Hi Ladies!
Found this website in a Black Bridal magazine and am so glad I actually signed up.
Here&#39;s my info:
1. In the Middle
2. I received my last relaxer in October 2002 and haven&#39;t had chemicals touch my hair since.
3. I didn&#39;t exactly do the "Big Chop." I, unfortunately, had a run-in with a relaxer and a semi-permanent color and some of my hair fell out in the back. I had the back shaved and started over. After that I had my hair trimmed a little at a time while I went through my &#39;relaxer withdrawal.&#39; Each week as I went to have my hair set, I had my relaxed hair trimmed a few inches.
4. I consider Summer 2003 to be my &#39;completely natural&#39; start.
5. I have very fine and very soft and very nappy hair. How does all that come together? I don&#39;t know.
6. I estimate my hair to be about 6- 7 inches long.
7. Contact me by e-mail at azulgato7@hotmal.com.
As I transition, I have my hair done in straw sets, micros, and currently a pressed &#39;do. I&#39;m really not sure where I want to go.

lsubabiedee
01-28-2004, 08:25 PM
-Transitioning
-7.5 months
-N/A
-N/A
-Pattern: OS,
Thickness: mostly fine to medium
Texture: silky
-Have up to 5 or more inches of new growth in some places
-comes right below my shoulders
-butrcup15@yahoo.com

QTpie77
01-28-2004, 10:08 PM
Newbie here!
. Status of Your Hair Journey (i.e Transitioning or Completely Napptural)

Answers
1. Transitioning
2. 3 months
3. No big chop
4. I have been naturla once about 3 years ago and I want to go back.
5 and 6. My hair in the back is at the nape of my neck and in the front is at my ears. I think I have 3c 4 a hair. It is kinda thick

7. Preferred method of contact email. send me a message here and I will forward my personal email.

Here is a link to my pics....

www.fotki.com/TonyaJ

klateacher
01-29-2004, 04:23 AM
First, I would like to say I love this website. And a mentor is exactly what I need.
1. Completely Napptural

2. Transitioned from June 03 to Sept. 03

3. &#39;The Big Chop&#39; yes

4. When you became completely Napptural; Sept. 20, 03

5. Description of my hair; nappy-curly

6. Length of your hair; 3 to 5 in

7. Preferred method of contact: pm on board

GoinNatural
01-29-2004, 05:42 AM
Hey..How yall doin....I&#39;m lookin for a mentor who could lend any advice on transitioning.

1. I&#39;m transitioning
2. Last relaxer was in Sept. 03
3. I would like to transition for at least a year
4. I don&#39;t really know my hairtype.....But I its really thick
5. I think I have about an inch or so of new growth, and my hair is about chin level
6. You can contact me through my email InfamuzShortey@aol.com

jazzychic
01-29-2004, 03:25 PM
I need to be adopted please please.....

I am transitioning and will be doing the big chop tomorroe

I have been transitioning for 4 months

I will be doing it

N/A

I think i have 3c hair all over and the edges of my hair are 4a, its kind of like a nappy halo

about 3 inches

you can PM me

knwill
01-29-2004, 06:31 PM
1. Status of Your Hair Journey: Transitioning
2. How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural: Transitioning since 11/25/03 03
3. Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop&#39;: Plan on doing the BC fairly soon, in the next 2-6mths.
4. When you became completely Napptural: not yet
5. Hair Typeand/or Description of your hair: 4A/B
6. Length of your hair (either exact or estimated): my hair is shoulderlength right now, I have about 3/4 to 1 inch natural.
7. Preferred method of contact (i.e email, Yahoo IM..etc.) email me at ms_knicole@yahoo.com

I&#39;d like a mentor who is in the middle or a vetran. I would like basic support, help with developing a naptural regime, etc. :)

thanks in advance,
knwill :heart

baronist1
01-30-2004, 02:41 AM
Hello, My name is Baronist1, and I am looking for someone to adopt me.

I am transitioning

My last relaxer was on December 3rd, 2003

I want to start my locs at least 3- 4 inches, then I will chop of the perm

I became napptural on january 1st, 2003

My hair is dry and coarse

My hair is down to my shoulders

I preferred to be contacted by email

baronist1@aol.com

lbellin
01-30-2004, 04:14 AM
Completely natural

I transitioned for nine months have been completely natural for 4 months

I did the big chop

became completely natural in September 2003

3c and 4a

6-7 inches

email lbellin@excite.com

brwndot
01-30-2004, 02:50 PM
Me :)

-transitioning with kinky twists

How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural
-not long enough! it&#39;s been about 4 months since my last perm, but i&#39;d swear it&#39;s been 3 months or so.

-not yet, but i think i&#39;d like to

When you became completely Napptural
-haven&#39;t quite yet, but i can&#39;t wait till i get there

-hmm. 4A i suppose, although that doesn&#39;t mean a lot to me. my hair is not especially thick or thin, dark brown, with some breakage in the back, and is/was subjectd to ponytails most of the time

Length of your hair (either exact or estimated)
-w/the twists it&#39;s around 7 or 8 inches, my hair alone was around 11 or 12

Preferred method of contact (i.e email, Yahoo IM..etc.)
-you can email me: brwndot@hotmail.com, or IM me: brwndot. lookin forward to having a mentor :)

cheryse
01-31-2004, 02:47 AM
Looking to be adopted

1. I am transitioning.
2. 5 months
3. Not yet
4. I think my hair is 4b (very kinky)and fine
5. My hair is almost jaw length. My natural growth is about 1 & 1/2 inches. From perming I had a weak spot in the middle of my head. I got braids and it got worse. The section is growing now and is all natural. My hair also tangles a lot. I am still experimenting with products.
6. I can be reached at c_phillips_69@yahoo.com

naturalnyc
01-31-2004, 03:47 PM
:blab Hello everyone. Im a napptural vet. nappy since 98 if anyone would like to be adopted send me a pm :blab :rainfro

Frizzhead
02-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Hello ladies, Im Ronunda, and Im looking to be adopted by a vet. The stats:
1. Status of Your Hair Journey
completely natural

chopped about 1-2 weeks ago

yes never did the "transition"

between Jan16-20th

small spirals, frizzy on top, and back

about 1/2 inch (very small twa)

7. Preferred method of contact
email: ronunda03@hotmail.com

Barbie
02-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Hello, I would like to be adopted. I am on this site alot, but would still like to have one person I can converse with.

Transitioning

23 months

I did not do the BC; just wasn&#39;t that brave.

I will cut the last of my relaxed ends off this coming spring break.

I guess 3c/4a. Mostly small pencil sized spirals. The front however is very crinkly, wavy frizz not spirals. I think my hair resembles Gloria Ruebens hair.

About 6 to 8 inches of natural hair and 2 to 3 inches of relaxed hair.

email: happyscooby@aol.com
or pm me here

sweetthys
02-04-2004, 07:44 PM
Hello sistrens

I am new to this site but not new 2 being natural this is my third and final time I am completely natural.

I have been natural now for 7 months and counting.

I didn&#39;t quite do the big chop to become natural I did it for other reasons but decided to go shorter and shorter I think I actually had about 3 hair cuts in :cen 1 week. never transitioned

Became completely natural in August of 2003

my hair is very thick, holds alot of moisture, and absords oil like a sponge although it always did that even with a relaxer my coils are about pencil size when I do wear it curly

my hair is about 4 to 5 inches long

you can either email me @ amajam@comcast.net or sweetthys@yahoo.com

Oh if any one can help me with uploading my pictures i&#39;ve tried but have not been successful

Thanks In Advance :bis

Love,Peace,& Nappiness :rainfro

BlackChica
02-05-2004, 05:51 AM
1. Seriously contemplating when to do this. I am ready!
2. N/A
3. No chop yet.
4. N/A
5. hair is presently relaxed, thin in some places
6. short hair 3-5 inches depending on where you look
7. email me at blackchica@aol.com

MzNGINEAR
02-08-2004, 08:20 PM
OK....

1. Satus of Hair Journey: Napptural

2. How long have you been Transistioning or Napptural?: Napptural since 2/07/04 (1 day and counting)

3. Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop&#39;: Did the Big Chop at the Spur of the moment 2/07/2004

4. When you became completely Napptural: 2/07/04

5. Hair Typeand/or Description of your hair: Not sure what my hair type is. I think it is spongy and coily...hope that helps

6. Length of your hair (either exact or estimated): 3/4 to 1 inch

7. Preferred method of contact (i.e email, Yahoo IM..etc.) email me at mznginear@yahoo.com

I&#39;d like a mentor who is in the middle or a vetran. Any advice is welcome. I really haven&#39;t combed my hair in YEARS!!! I have been wearing braids and weaves..... :(

Intice
02-08-2004, 08:49 PM
HI NEWBIES!!!!!! :)

Ive been natural since Oct 2002 and if you need a vet, PM me. Im 19 so if you&#39;re around my age or younger thats b/c we can relate with school, college, etc. So PM me.

Ladies, if your older, I will adopt you as well. I adopt pple of all ages. Im happy to help.

babeelocs
02-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Hello, my name is babee. I am also a newbie.

I am in the transitioning stage.

I haven&#39;t had a perm since Dec 3rd 2003.
I decided not to do another perm in January 2004.

I plan to grow as much new growth as I can, then cut off the remaining perm.

I have coarse hair.

I would say my hair length is about 6-7 inches long.

I really need help and guidance to get me through this.

I prefer to be contacted via email shauntaetolbert@yahoo.com

muchfaith
02-09-2004, 06:04 AM
HELLO ! ADOPT ME !

MY NAME IS MUCHFAITH
I AM IN TRANSIT RIGHT NOW
I HAVE BEEN TRANSITING FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS
I WANT TO DO THE BIG CHOP BUT DONT KINDA SCARED
I AM NOT 100% NATURAL YET
I HAVE ABOUT 2 INCHES OF HAIR BUT ONLY ABOUT 1 INCH IS NATURAL
MY HAIR TYPE IS STRINGY (GETTING OVER A TEXTURIZER)
MY NEW GROWTH IS THICK
YOU CAN EMAIL ME @ LIVEN2FREE@YAHOO.COM

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON !
THANKS AND GOD BLESS :blab

ulovenae
02-12-2004, 04:52 PM
1. I am natural but still have a little perm on ends that need to be trimed
2. i transitioned for 8 months
3. just did big chop :cen
4. became completely Napptural Feb. 4th 2004 :app
5. my hair is naturally sandy brown so it is naturally dry with kinky curl
6. estimated about 2 to 3 inches
7. contact me at my email here and i will give regular email address.

please adopt me i promise to be a loyal and fun loving dawg :ura

TeaNYC
02-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Transitioning
Transitioning for 2 months now.
About to do the big chop.
I don&#39;t really know my hair type.
1-2 inches natural.
Jygiant@yahoo.com

Lovelee
02-12-2004, 05:48 PM
I NEED A MENTOR DESPERATELY :d)

I stopped&#39;lye-ing" in Dec 2001, and started to rock conrows throughout my

transition state ( no chopping). As of August 2003 I considered myself

completely natural. My hair is approximately 8-9 inches ( for some reason

my hair is longer at the front then the back). I would describe my hair as

wavy-curly THICK (I GET IT FROM MY MAMA). Now that I

stopped weraring cornrows (extensions) I need some help on products and

general advice on how to take care of my Hair!! thanks

CONTACT METHOD--->My official email addy is true_visionary@hotmail.com
:blah

tdrmaquillage
02-14-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Gloria@Jan 25 2004, 03:22 PM
Umm what if I am not a newbie but I am still trying to get it right?
:lol

No Doubt! I&#39;ve been nappy for over 10 years but the first 8 were a wash due to neglect/lack of info/lack of inspiration. If I&#39;d had something like this when I first went nappy, I&#39;d have hair up to the ceiling by now. Oh, well. :rolling

This is a great thread!

- Tania :rainfro

Kashanti
02-15-2004, 02:46 AM
Hi, group. Can I say PLEASE ADOPT ME! I am a "newbie" and decided to "go natural" a few months ago. I attempted to go natural a few years ago but relapsed into relaxers because I had no idea how to handle my natural hair and got discouraged from comments from friends/family. Anyway, this time around I&#39;ve made my decision and I&#39;m sticking to it.

1. I am currently in transition.
2. I had my last relaxer on October 31, 2003. I&#39;ve been chemical-free since then and transitioning with braid extensions for the past 4 months or so.
3. I have not done the "big chop" yet.
4. I&#39;m still scared about the "big chop" at this point, but I&#39;m determined to do so before I start school in August 2004.
5. I think I have 4A hair? It is thick and kinky/curly. I still have permed/highlighted ends.
6. I don&#39;t know the exact length...about 6-inches, I think.
7. Please contact me via e-mail: Kashanti10@yahoo.com

jaylan2
02-15-2004, 03:39 AM
I am Newbie in need of adoption!

I have just began my transitioning process and have so many questions.

My hair is a Type 4.
My last relaxer was less than a month ago.
I am a little nervous about the BC because I&#39;m afraid of how it will look on me.
I am also curious as to how others were able to adjust in the workplace with their new natural look.

Please PM me. Thank You!

janimie
02-15-2004, 12:30 PM
Hi, newbie here

1. I&#39;m transitioning
2. In August 2003 i had a last perm. In november i start to braid -> now it&#39;s 6 month being anti-perm :)
3. I wil never do the &#39;The Big Chop&#39; ... or maybe when iam ready for it in the feature
4. Uhmmm... not yet, 2 texture of hair
5. 4a+b Hair Type
6. now its 12 inches total -> 3.5 inches of new growth in 4 months :) in januari i braided out and was amazed with the new growth -> i hope that 2 years of transitioning is enough to obtain my original length. i can&#39;t wait :)
I really dont remember how long my hair was when i was a kid but i think it was like 15 inches long.
7. PM me if u like :)

Cheekysmile
02-15-2004, 05:44 PM
1. I&#39;m napptural. Did the BC in September of 2003.
2. Been napptural about 5 months.
3. Yep. BC has been done.
4. September 5, 2003.
5. I&#39;m not exactly sure of my hair type but I do know that my hair is spongy and curly and tangles easily if that helps.
6. I&#39;d say about 2.5 to 3 inches.
7. PM me to get contact info.

THANKS!!

janimie
02-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Hi, newbie here

1. I&#39;m transitioning
2. In August 2003 i had a last perm. In november i startedto braid -> now it&#39;s 6 months being anti-perm :)
3. I wil never do the &#39;The Big Chop&#39; ... or maybe when iam ready for it in the feature
4. Uhmmm... not yet, 2 texture of hair
5. 4a+b Hair Type
6. now it&#39;s 12 inches total -> 3.5 inches of new growth in 4 months :) in januari i braided out and was amazed with the new growth -> i hope that 2 years of transitioning is enough to obtain my original length. i can&#39;t wait :)
I really can&#39;t remember how long my hair was when i was a kid but i think it was like 15 inches long.
7. PM me if u like :)

janimie
02-15-2004, 08:34 PM
oeps... i was just trying to edit my previous message :)

BevBeFree
02-16-2004, 01:04 AM
Hi all,
- I&#39;m transitioning since 12/03. Starting getting it cut shorter & shorter
- Not sure of my hair type
- My hair is about 2" long in the top, very low and all natural around the sides and back.
- I could use some encouragement to hang in there.
- Also interested in natural hair get togethers in the NYC metro area.

Thanks.

email- to_bev@hotmail.com

nomopermin
02-16-2004, 06:05 PM
What&#39;s up nappy heads! lol I have been "transitioning" for a little under a year now. I found out I was pregnant last March and chopped my hair off around April. I have 6 inches now. It was a drastic change because I&#39;m used to getting a doobie. I am looking for a mentor to give me ideas on what to do with my hair besides the headband or braids. I am really starting to feel it and can&#39;t wait until it looks like Cee-lo&#39;s wife&#39;s. oh yea-er. it&#39;s thick and curly...

jambrit24
02-16-2004, 08:02 PM
1. Transistioning
2. I have been transistioning for about 6 weeks now.
3. no big chop yet
4. not natural yet
5. my hair is fine and about shoulder lenghth. the back is slightly thicker than the front my re-growth is curly and medium texture. in a few months i will be able to say exact texture.
6. shoulder lenghth
7.not sure on prefered method of contact but will let you know in time

Glori
02-16-2004, 08:43 PM
[COLOR=blue]Hello! Everyone

Glad to be a member of Nappturality.com site. Well, I am also considering going back to my natural roots. I know that it is going to be a very long process, but patience is Key!!

1. The Status of my Hair Journey is in the Transitioning stage. During the transition stage I am using braids and may consider using twists as well.
2. I have been Transitioning since Summer of 2003.
3. No, I haven&#39;t done the &#39;The Big Chop&#39; as yet. I am considering of cutting an inch or so each time I go to the hair salon.
4. I am not completely Napptural as yet. Still have about 70% perm/relaxer and 30% natural hair.
5. I believe my hair type is 4A and double thick. When I relaxed
my hair, my hair texture was also thick. When I transition to 100% natural I am kind of worried how it turn out and the difficulties I would have to manage my hair.
6. Shoulder length hair
7. Contact information: shyne2ca@yahoo.ca

Looking forward to meet my mentor soon to provide any assistance/tips/information on caring and managing Natural Hair.

Thanks. :)

CocoaPure
02-16-2004, 09:32 PM
Hello,
I&#39;m new here too and I&#39;ve made one hair buddy, Kinkity. I don&#39;t know if she&#39;s a Veteran or not and I&#39;m also just learning how to receive PM&#39;s. But here&#39;s my answers:

1. I&#39;m transitioning now but was natural from 1999-2001, then Texturized from 2001 - 2002 - I guess I just wanted a change. I could kick myself though for going back to relaxing! If I wanted a change I should have just pressed - but not permenantly altered my hair! UGH!!

2. Until January 15, of this year, my hair was 3 inches till bra strap length - the longest it&#39;s ever been. But once I decided to transition, I &#39;ve cut 6 inches of hair off!! I still have a very nice length left! It&#39;s now at my shoulders. So I think I&#39;m going to leave the scissors alone for a while, and just keep growing and focusing on the beautiful nappy newgrowth.

3. Nope, I&#39;m not big chopping until about June or July when I have a nice length of natural hair. I don&#39;t want it short. I love long hair on me, so I at least want it mid-legnth and covering my neck at least before chopping. Right now I have 1.5 inches of newgrowth and it grows about .7 - .75 inches per month so I have several more months to go before chopping.

4. This time around, my last relaxer was Dec. 19th, 2003. So this time will be my final time - no more relaxing!!! My hair grows sooooo much faster natural! Plus I love the way long napptural hair frames my face!

5. My hair is weird combination hair. It&#39;s 3b/c in the front and crown/top, then goes into 4a, in one spot, then switches again to 3c, then the sides all the way are 4a! The top newgrowth almost looks wavy straightish coming in, yet the rest you can see the wave line where the relaxed hair meets the napptural hair. Very weird. I guess this is the result of my parents having such drastically different hair textures!

6. Total is layered so it&#39;s varying lengths, but it&#39;s to my shoulders after cutting off 6 inches. Newgrowth length is 1.5 inches.

7. PM me here. I promise I&#39;ll learn how to retrieve it right now! Thanks! I&#39;d love to have another hair buddy!! Kinkity if you&#39;re reading this are you a Veteran?? Will you adopt me?? :-)

whitney
02-17-2004, 05:43 PM
hello all, my name is whitney. in response to the info i&#39;m supposed to give my adopter, here it goes.

1.i have completely natural hair, i&#39;ve been natural since may 2002

2. last perm was in 02 (being a college student w/no $ paid off in the end)

3. did the big chop may 02

4. natural, but have no idea what to do or use in my hair , though i am reading the site. lots of info

5. i&#39;m not sure about my hair type. it is very soft, and shrinks when wet. i might be a 4 aos or 4a li, i&#39;m just lost about the hair type thing b/c i looked at some other ppls in an article on this site and i was just confused even more :doh

6. my hair is probably 7-9 inches in length, but i haven&#39;t measured exactly and could be wrong

7. hyakah12@hotmail.com help me please!!! :violin

kiara
02-17-2004, 06:39 PM
This is a fantastic idea! I&#39;m a newbie.

-completely napptural
I2. How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural
-Since 02-13-04, it was a spur of the moment decision although I wanted to stop relaxing for many, many years.

-I did &#39;the big chop&#39;. My hair was down to the middle of my back. I took the scissors and then the razor and got rid of everything. It&#39;s only hair it will grow back, lol

-Friday February 13, 2004

-I&#39;m don&#39;t know. My hair has been relaxed since I was a child, therefore, I have never seen the natural texture.

-Less than 1/2"

-I&#39;d like to be contacted through the site or leejohnston773@hotmail.com

oshun
02-17-2004, 07:40 PM
This is a great idea...to adopt a newbie!!! I haven&#39;t been napptural for a year yet so would someone like to adopt me!?!??!?!? :shock :-?

Marielynee
02-17-2004, 11:49 PM
Hello Ladies,
My name is Marie I did the big chop June 02 . I don&#39;t know my hair type. My hair is very uneven and I think I may have some breakage but it&#39;s between 2-4 inches long. As far as the "Newbie Scale" I&#39;m in the middle I guess. However, I need some help and guidance becuase I just moved to the Hampton Roads area, and I don&#39;t know anyone and I don&#39;t see a lot of people rocking the same look as me. It&#39;s frustrating at times because I am still learning how to take care of my hair. I moved down from DC and I had lots of support there, but here I&#39;m all alone. If anyone wants to be a mentor/friend and is in the Hampton Roads area please email me at marielynee@hotmail.com. :rolling

kmija
03-01-2004, 06:57 AM
Hello, :d)
I am a brand spanking new napptural-sister-beginning-her-journey. I am filled with a sense of anticipation and uncertainty because I have worn a relaxer for 21 years (and I&#39;ve only just broke into my thirties). The anticipation is because I am so glad that I am finally freeing my hair from self-destruction; and the uncertainty is from having no idea what my hair texture will be like or what I will look like au naturel. Nevertheless, I am committed!

I am about 90% au natural as of 3 days ago. I sort of did the big chop, but it was involuntary--my hair finally succumbed to the insistent overprocessing over the many years. It was coming out in patches, so I just wacked it the rest of the way. Right now, my hair is boy short--not quite faded--but about a quarter- inch all over. I still have a mix of straigtened hair in a few places, but that&#39;s because my hair fell out during a fresh perm. So, needless to say, my hair is a bit strange-looking. My hair is so short, I don&#39;t know what the texture is. I have a suspicion that it is probable like a 4a? :-?

I could really use a buddy on this journey. Please contact me by email at kmija@myexcel.com.

Thanks alot!

BeautifulButterfly
03-01-2004, 07:10 AM
I post a lot, but I&#39;m a newbee also.

I would like to have someone to ask all my "stupid" questions to. Sometimes it seems like I don&#39;t know so much. I have only been natural for 9 months.

I&#39;m still learning...

-Felecia

mjac202093
03-01-2004, 10:42 AM
OOH OOH me too!!!!

I would LOVE to have a mentor

Not quite a newbie, but girl could use a little help

Did the big chop in OCT 02&#39;

In the process of possibly transitioning to locs

Would love some guidance with keeping my hair maitained and well moisturized

Anyone looking to help a sista out let me know!!!!

fraushayjay
03-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Hi All,

I would appreciate ANY help!!! Just think of me as your Napptural poster child.

I am completely natural but sportin&#39; kinky afro twists at the moment.

I stopped using relaxers about two years ago when I moved to Germany. I have solved the hard water problem but have limited access to some of the products frequently mentioned such as CD but there&#39;s always a way. :cow:

I went to a salon for the BC. Ready for another semi-BC soon.

April 2003.

3B and dry, dry, dry. I have MAJOR shrinkage in the back of my head and the front is fly away. When I try and wear a Shake &#39;n Go I get a 70&#39;s mushroom style. THe hair on the sides starts to expand like wings. I look like the "Flying Nun". It&#39;s OK to laugh :lol cause I am right now.

Hhhmmmmm! I&#39;d say about 7 - 9 inches (18 - 23 cm). Still have the twists in so can&#39;t be sure.

Via Napputurality or email at fraushayjay@yahoo.com.

Beautifulnappi
03-01-2004, 04:05 PM
I&#39;m a newbie also....
I am now a complete natural.
I&#39;ve been natural for 7 months.
I did the big chop in July 03.
My hair is pretty curly (spirals in between the sizes of small and medium)....
My hair is now about 4-4.5 inches all over (i just trimmed off about 1/2 an inch)....
My preferred method of contact is through PM on Nappturality or through my email.....
If you want to learn more about my hair texture or what I&#39;ve been up to my hair journal is up at
http://public.fotki.com/beautifulnappi....
I have learned a lot about my hair texture since I started transitioning in August 2002......but I am still looking for the perfect conditioner......
I want to use all natural, homemade products on my hair and skin eventually, and mostly everything I use at this time is natural, except for my facial cleanser....lol

I hope this info helps my new mentor, whoever that might be.....
Lookin forward to meeting you!!!!

Letha
03-02-2004, 04:56 AM
Hello my name is Letha

1. I am in the transitioning stage
2. Been only transitioning for about 3 weeks to a month
3. I chopped some off but am afraid to totally chop it off though it may do some good. (Hair is thin on the side)
4. My hair type is course but also very fragile and brittle at times
5. My hair is about 3-4 inches if that and shorter in the back
6. Contact me via email letbyn@hotmail.com

I really need some help and would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks a million.

krpinkst
03-02-2004, 05:52 AM
Please someone take pity on a newbie...

1. I am now a complete natural
2. I transitioned from October 2003
3. I did the BC last Saturday 2-21-04
4. My hair is super soft and it seems all I can do with it now is just let it be.
5. My hair is about 2 inches, maybe 1 1/2.
6. You can reach me at krpinkst@comcast.net

I would love to get some advice on what I can do and at what length I can do it.

ronni
03-02-2004, 07:45 AM
Hello My name is Ronni.. I need as much advice and help as possible

1. I am transitioning
2. I have been transitioning for 1 year and 1 month
3. Have not Big chopped
4. Plan to chop May 23, 2004
5. Hair type I think is a mix of 4a and 4b. front is very loose..more of a wave pattern.. the top has very tight coils and at the nape the coils loosen up...
6.. I have about 4 inches of relaxer and I am guessing about 6 inches of new growth.. but my hair
grows different lengths in different places..
7. can be contacted via nappturality site or veronica_celena@yahoo.com

sherporter
03-02-2004, 09:30 AM
1. Status of Your Hair Journey -- Transitioning

2. How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural --Oct 2003
3. Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop&#39;-- No, just trims

5. Hair Typeand/or Description of your hair--don&#39;t know

7. Preferred method of contact --email sherporter@nappturality.com or sherporter@yahoo.com

brittanynic
03-02-2004, 09:10 PM
I need a mentor. Please adopt me!

:)

1. I am a very new transitioner.

2. The last relaxer that I had was Nov 26, 2003.

3. I plan to do the big chop the beginning of May 2004.

4. I will to be natural in May but I have done a mini chop.

5. I am not really sure what my hair type is. It is either 4a/b or 3c/4a. Not really sure, not that it matters, I will be happy with whatever I have.

6. My natural hair is about an inch and a half

7. You can contact me at Brittanynic16@aol.com.

ADOPT ME! Check out my album! I will win you over with my cuteness :)

Lagina
03-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by brittanynic@Mar 2 2004, 05:10 PM

ADOPT ME! Check out my album! I will win you over with my cuteness :)
Don&#39;t sound like you need any self esteem :)

rufio007
03-02-2004, 11:42 PM
Hello everyone!

1. My last relaxer was 12/03 and I have been transitioning with braids, flat twists, etc.

2. Transitioning since January, 2004.

4. I have not did "the Big Chop".

5. My goal is to become completely natural in 6 mths to 1 yr.

6. My hair (including perm) is to my ears and I have about 2 inches new growth.

7. I prefer email.

This site has been very helpful and I am desperately looking for a hairdresser in the New York area to assist in my "transition" hairstyles.

orelatx
03-02-2004, 11:42 PM
<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-family:times roman'><span style='font-family:Impact'>Hi there, i hope i&#39;m a newbie simply because i gave up the first time. i had been transistioning for 2 months and then got a perm in feb cos i was just fed up. i regretted that move the very next day and now i realize i might have held in better if i had a mentor. but that was before i found napp...com
i&#39;ve been transistioning for 3 weeks :ura and hope i hang in there this time.
i didn&#39;t do the big chop (thank God ) cos i didn&#39;t have one TWA and woulda looked like an absolute moron with spiky hairstrands. but i look foward to it when i get my 3 inch napps.
my hair type??? humnnn i really don&#39;t know, maybe a 3b? i guess it&#39;s a 3b. No, it&#39;s a 3b.
my curls aren&#39;t so tight but are lighter at the nape.
right now i have an unmeasurable amt of TWA, but hey in a moth i&#39;ll be able to tell ya.
send me a PM and i&#39;d be glad to hop along for the ride.</span></span></span></span>

MsKitty
03-03-2004, 05:58 AM
Hello everyone. I&#39;m a newbie and I&#39;m DEFINITELY in need of a mentor to help me transition. Here are my stats:

1. My last relaxer was December 15, 2003. I haven&#39;t put any chemicals on it since. I&#39;m not counting shampoo, conditioner, oil, and water as chemicals in this statement. :)
2. I decided to transition in February 2004 and haven&#39;t put any heat (including a blow dryer) on my hair since February 19, 2003.
3. I have not done the big chop. I had one done three years ago (not to transition, but to get rid of a BAD Bleach job). It didn&#39;t look very flattering on me, but I still wish now that I&#39;d had the forsight to use that as my transitioning step! :doh
4. Would like to become completely natural by the end of this year, when I&#39;m comfortable that I can master my styling options without going to a hairdresser, or whichever of the two comes sooner.
5. My hair type is Sister S, Medium+Thin, Spongy. Not sure what it is under Andre&#39;s system. Probably a mixture of 4a and 3b/c.
6. My hair (unstretched) appears to be about 9 inches long (including 6 1/2 inches of previously relaxed hair) I&#39;m not sure how long the natural hair at the roots actually is. It grows relatively fast but compact, so it&#39;s hard to tell without straightening it, which I haven&#39;t done.
7. My preferred method of contact is either through pm&#39;s or by personal e-mail to staciecobb1@netzero.com

NaturaLady26
03-03-2004, 10:11 AM
Somebody please Adopt me!!!

1. Completely Napptural
2. Transitioning since September 2003, Napptural since February 2004
3. I did the Big Chop myself. Then went to the barbershop the next day to get evened up.
4. I became completely napptural in February 2004 when I did the Chop.
5. My hair, like many others, consists of several different textures on the same head. The middle (crown) is the thickest and most coiled while the front is the thinnest and the back is the softest. My hair lacks luster and my scalp dries easily. I have no easily defined curl pattern nor does my hair retain moisture.
6. Length: 2.5 – 3 inches
7. I prefer Yahoo IM or AIM.

kasharn
03-03-2004, 01:50 PM
I would love to have a mentor. I have been trying to find magazines about natural hair care without success.

I started off with micro braids. I finally had a beautician cut off the permed hair in November-she cut more that was necessary. My hair at that time was about 1/2 inch. I wore it out for about 2 months. I first started going to the barber shop for shape ups. After it started to grow, I stopped going. It was then at a stage that I didn&#39;t care for. It was a mini afro that had grown a 1/2 inch and did nothing for my appearance. I now have another set of micros.

I want my hair to grow. It is very dry. And that is a factor. It&#39;s unmanageable. I don&#39;t know how to lengthen it. Every natural person I see, there hair is not tightly coiled. I used comb-thru but wasn&#39;t a fan. I&#39;ve started taking a multi-vitamin.

I&#39;m having the braids removed in 3 weeks. By looking at the new growth, it hasn&#39;t grown much. I would like to learn about different hair style options and managing.

I have recently started transitioning my daughters hair. Her hair started breaking off. She hasn&#39;t had a touch up in over 8 weeks. I need advice on how to transition her hair without chopping it. She&#39;s too young for that and I wouldn&#39;t put her in that situation around her peers. She&#39;s 10 years old. My main thing is how to comb through her new growth with as little trauma as possible.

You can contact me here or tgary@triad.rr.com

ysaiy
03-06-2004, 06:33 AM
1. Status: Completely Natural

2. How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural: completely napptural and loving it for 2 years and 3 months :rainfro

3. Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop&#39;: I let about 8-10 inches of my roots grow in and then I chopped off the relaxed ends. It felt short and I was a little bit traumatized but in retrospect, it wasn&#39;t "the big chop" that some women and men go through.

4. When you became completely Napptural: January 2002

5. Hair Typeand/or Description of your hair: My hair is a curly-kinky texture, but i&#39;ve been told by some that i can&#39;t call my hair "nappy"? I do consider my hair to be nappy in that it is very thick and takes a lot of effort to detangle. People have compared my hair texture to Holly Robinson Peete in texture and length, and Tia/Tamera Mowry from Sister Sister in color and texture. Personally, i think the best comparison is Lisa Nicole Carson (pictured below) because of how insanely thick and difficult to manage my hair is. The only difference is my hair is much darker in color and slightly longer.

http://images.ibsys.com/sh/images/Screengrabs/carson.jpg

6. Length of your hair: 11-15 inches depending on where you are measuring.

7. Preferred method of contact (i.e email, Yahoo IM..etc.): send me a personal message here on nappturality.com or link to my site on www.mixedrace.com

It would be great to connect with someone in transition, though I am nothing close to an expert in natural hair care nor styling. Best to everyone no matter where you are on your journey. :heart :heart :heart

NubnPrincess
03-06-2004, 06:48 AM
Hey everyone! I am an extremely new Newbie and in desperate need of someone with natural hair experience who can show me the ropes. It seems as if there are no possible natural hair care magazines on this planet (believe me I&#39;ve searched), and the only time I have the opportunity to spot natural styles I like (other than this website) are on people on the street. I&#39;ve been tempted to take pictures of them so I&#39;d have something to show the stylest when I get me hair done, but I figured that may have weirded the women out. Ive actually been a ghost member on this site in terms of reading posts and absorbing TONS ofinto but never responding... yet 8)
1. I am removing my micros as we speak and I LOVE the feel of my own hair. The last time I damaged my hair by a vicious, burning relaxer was August of 2003. Therefore, I have been transitioning for say... oh... about 7 months.
2. I have not done the "Big Chop" because I&#39;m a "Big Chicken.." My plan was to just grow out my perm gradally through braids for about a year. HOWEVER, it appears as though my micros have turned into micros on top of an afro which doesn&#39;t flatter me, so I&#39;ve had to cut down those 12 months to 7.
4. I plan on becoming completely natural in about a week. I&#39;ve scheuled a hair appt. at a place that&#39;s supposed to specialize in
natuaral hair care, so that&#39;s where I&#39;ll plan to have the rest of my scraggly (sp?) permed hair chopped off...
5. My hair type.. hmm that&#39;s a good question. It&#39;s been so long that I&#39;ve had my own (unpermed) hair that I honestly couldn&#39;t tell ya. Isn&#39;t that sad. Well uhm... it&#39;s softer in the back, where it generally grows the fastest and very tough on the crown where it grows the slowest. I suppose one could say it&#39;s pretty kinky as well, but like I said, it&#39;s been so long that I&#39;ve had my own hair, it&#39;s hard to tell... OH, but one more thing, it&#39;s not naturally shiny, unfortunatey, so I&#39;m gonna need some help with that too.
6. My hair is around 4 inches, give or take.
7. My email address is MissExquizite@aol.com. You can e-mail me or im me at MissExquizite. Please adopt me!!!
God Bless You All!

nicetry
03-06-2004, 07:13 PM
CHICAGO NEWBIE

[COLOR=blue]Transitioned from August to December using pressing system and cutting out relaxer along the way. FOR TRANSITIONING (http://www.tresscend.com)Done transitioning in December and currently natural. Have been wearing two-strand twist outs and will be doing a braid out this weekend to try to achieve more length.[COLOR=blue]

Having trouble maintaining moisture because I live in Chicago.

I no poo daily and twist with water spritz and Smooth n Shineconditioner. I unravel twists in the am and go to work. Except for the moisture problem, I love my natural hair.

Future plans:

Will be getting color in two weeks (Ajes on Randolph)
-----------------------------

Would love to hook up with a local who can tell me alittle more about products that work to retain moisture and different styling options. Tkeyah Crystal Kemah&#39;s book really helped me be hopeful about styling options.

Thanks in advance to all interested mentors.

:rainfro Peace

srobin252@aol.com is preferred contact[COLOR=red]

Cami213
03-06-2004, 08:37 PM
:app I WOULD FIRST LIKE TO THANK THE PERSON THAT ORIGINATED THIS MENTORING SYSTEM

AND CONGRATS TO ALL THE NEWBIES INCLUDING MYSELF!!!!! :app

I AM A NEWBIE..
MY LAST PERM WAS MARCH 03&#39;, I TRANSITIONED WITH BRAIDS UNTIL SEPT 03&#39;, I DID THE BIG CHOP 9/13/03.

MY HAIR IS WAVY IN THE FRONT AND SIDES, THICK ON THE CROWN OF MY HEAD, AND ALMOST STRAIGHT AT THE NAPE (BACK) OF MY HEAD.

IT IS ABOUT 4 INCHES ALL OVER ( ALITTLE LONGER ON THE SIDES)

I HAVE IT COLORED WITH A SEMI-PERMANENT, BUT IT IS FADING (I&#39;M LETTIN&#39; THE COLOR WEAR OFF SO IT WILL BE READY FOR MY SUMMER COLOR!)

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO MY NEW MENTOR, IT CAN BE A LOCAL ONE OR ONE THAT HAS A PHOTO ALBUM (HOPEFULLY THEY CAN HELP ME WITH THAT TOO!

I CAN BE CONTACTED AT camelliaaustin@yahoo.com
8) HOLLA&#39;

bastet
03-06-2004, 10:18 PM
Hi I&#39;m New to this website and would love a mentor!! :) Anbody wanna mentor me pretty pleasssssseeeeeeeeee!!

1. My last relaxer was July 2003, I can&#39;t believe it&#39;s almost been a year! I&#39;ve been wearing my hair twisted and in twist out&#39;s alot.

2. I&#39;ve been transitioning since July/August

3. I haven&#39;t done the big chop yet, but I&#39;ve been thinking about it alot recently, I&#39;m chicken though, I&#39;m scared my head&#39;s goa look all big.

4. I want to become natural as soon as possible, it&#39;s so exciting to see my hair texture!

5. I&#39;m not exactly sure what my hair texture is with the system but it&#39;s fine, it grows out shiney and crimpy(wavy?) at the roots, and as it gets longer it gets a little fuzzy, It holds twists well and looks really shiney while it&#39;s in the twists and that last for a couple days after I take them out.

6. My natural hair is about 4 inches long so far.

7. You can contact me at pheline511@aol.com or im me at pheline511

Thanks for reading...plase adopt me :)

Aanneliesea
03-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Hi my name is Aanneliesea I started to transition on oct 03 I let my perm grew out of my long hair. i did the chop on Jan 2 I felt great for a sec well up until my mom made a big deal out of it. It was like she went on national tv everyone knew about it and gave me negative comments. All of them was permies ofcourse. :doh My mom made me perm my hair again. I was pissed it seemed like all I did was pointless. But I&#39;m gonna try again when school finish I&#39;m in the 12th grade. :)

:bis Before my hair was perm my hair looked great it was curly (sides) I loved it. I want to shave my head and wear a scarf or my doo rag(ladies)
I wear them since the chop but i don&#39;t wear them to school.

I&#39;m planning on making a website as soon as summer finishes. :rainfro

jasie
03-10-2004, 03:13 AM
hi everyone...i hope someone out there will be able to help and inspire me to do the big chop! i am EXTREMELY scared to cut it all off...but i am also really curious to find out what my natural hair looks like!
so here&#39;s my info

Transitioning.

It&#39;s been about five months since my last perm. I have about 2 1/2 inches of growth.

NO! wanna know my worst fear in life? this is it. i absoultely CRIED last time a hairstylist cut off 3 inches when giving me a trim. hello lady, there is a difference between a "trim" and a "cut"!

soon...i hope!

I&#39;m biracial, so I have a mix of textures on my head. I guess 3b is what they would call it. My hair is pretty strong, it likes to resist relaxers (which used to be frustrating, now i&#39;m thinking maybe i should listen to what my hair is trying to tell me). I describe my hair as nappy (although I have had black girlfriends tell me that i am not "nappy enough" to use that term, but my isht will loc up if i&#39;m not careful) and judging from my growth has very small s curl pattern in it.

About 16 inches i would say

Email is fine, or msg me at this site.

i hope someone out there is my nappturally hair twin who wouldn&#39;t mind giving a very scared, but curious sista a lil&#39; help. thanks!

olly300
03-10-2004, 10:34 PM
1. Status of Your Hair Journey
Completely natural
Since March 2001
I was living aboard and decided I wanted a afro so I got a hair dresser friend to chop my hair off. I was disappointed because my hair curled immediately. My friend (white) told me to stop being stupid.

I have fine textured hair which has clearly defined spirls. I like to dye my hair. (I have done since 1997 when my hair was relaxed.) So if you are into dying then I am a good person to talk to. However I have not dyed my hair blond.
I am about to get my hair cut tomorrow! So I will have about 1 inch of hair.
PM me then I will email you. (This is to ensure your email address doesn&#39;t get filtered out by my spam filter.)

MariposaMorena08
03-15-2004, 01:46 PM
I&#39;ve been adopted!!! ;)

Faithitiz
03-15-2004, 03:48 PM
I am newbie who is in the process of transitioning. Right now, most of my hair is still permed. Although this week I am taking the big chop. So by the end of the week I will be napptural. Yea!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

I haven&#39;t been transitioning long. Only since January of this year. That is when I had my last perm.

I have not done the big chop yet. I am doing it this week.

My natural hair texture is coarse. Right now most of my hair is permed and there is some new growth coming in. I have about 9 inches of permed hair and about 1/2 in. of new growth. I guess none of that will matter by the end of the week though.

The length of my hair will so not matter by the end of the week.

You can contact me through e-mail (fbarrow@mail.colgate.edu) or AIM (ScoobyGur8).

Take care :heart

Faithitiz
03-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Oh I thought this might be useful to the person who adopts me:

Hello fellow nappturality posters!

I&#39;m new to the site and this is my very first post. So I guess I should introduce myself :d) . I&#39;m a 20 year old college student at Colgate University. I was introduced to the site by my best friend, who is a vety frequent poster here. Some of you might know her, she&#39;s Button2004 :) . So Button has gone natural completely. Yea! And now I feel its time for me to leap into the world of the naturals and leave the world of the permies. I haven&#39;t had a perm since January and my roots are coming in. Woo hoo! Last night my older sister said to me "Faith, you need a perm." I was thinking "Yes! I am on my way!"

So anyway, I guess the reason why I want to go natural is because I feel like I need to become completely comfortable with myself. That includes becoming comfortable with my physical features. I&#39;ve had much trouble with this in the past. I&#39;m in recovery from an ED partly b/c I hated my shape. Now I&#39;m trying to learn to love and accept all of me. In addition, I feel like I&#39;m going through a huge transition in term of my identity as a black woman. So now here is a question for you all. Lately, I&#39;ve been thinking that perhaps I should chop off most of my locks and have a very close haircut, not be completely bald but have a very close haircut. I guess a brushcut? Like of course this would be part of the transitioning but there are other ways to do so. I guess the reason why I want to take this very dramatic big chop is because I feel like I need to cleanse my soul and get rid of all the baggage that has been holding me down. I think cutting off my hair would be symbolic of that. Of course, I&#39;m a little afraid of how I would look though and also afraid that after getting my hair cut I would be even more depressed than I already am. My hair is currently down to my shoulder. It you all want to get a sense of it I could post some pics. Sorry for writing such a long post. I just wanted to give you guys a sense of what is going on and why I want to go natural.

TreSista
03-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Hey I have only been on this board for maybe a little over a month. My last relaxer was a couple of days before Christmas 2003. I have not had any emotional or mental lapses (as in wanting to relax). Everyday I look at my new growth, and I smile b/c I am just anticipating the big chop (May or June). I think I have 4a hair but I don&#39;t really understand the whole hair typing system based on the pics that usually go along with them so I could be wrong. My hair is a couple of inches past my shoulder, but my new growth is around 2 inches, so yes I will be sporting a twas in about 3 months. I am nervous about that but it doesn&#39;t make me want to keep relaxing. I have no hair skills, so that means I haven&#39;t done the cornrows, braidouts, twistouts. I kinda sorta did a roller set that came out decent, but it made me look too young (I would like to look my age, which is 22). I need help w/ styling my hair, something that doesn&#39;t take a lot of skill. I am a huge pj. Always looking for that product that works w/ my hair. If you would like to adopt me, pm me, and we can exchange e-mail addresses or IM screennames. If you want to see what I&#39;m working with, check out my album (http://public.fotki/TreSista).

hotiris
03-15-2004, 07:38 PM
hello- i have been transitioning for about 3 months and i don&#39;t plan on doing the big chop. My hair rest right on my shoulder but thats with the relaxer and natrual hair. Right now i am wearing braids to help with my transition. i haven&#39;t did the hair type thing yet but i plan on as soon as i take my braids out- thank you in advance- i can be reached here or email. :)

MeccaMedinah
03-15-2004, 09:12 PM
Hi, I&#39;d like a mentor. I have been transitioning for about 3 and a half months. I will not do the big chop. I am not too sure what my hair type is, but I am coily and wavy. My hair reaches about an inch below my neck and I can be reached here or at msmecnice@yahoo.com.

EmpressKee
03-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Hello to those who are transitioning...my name is Kee and I have been through what you are all going thru right now. I am also new to this site and I have been locking for over a year now. When I decided to go with locs, I didn&#39;t know what to do with my hair. It was horrible and I couldn&#39;t take it. After awhile I would braid my natural and smack a ponytail on the end of it(lol) or put it in extensions and my favorite was kinky twists. I did that for awhile and that eased me up a bit. I definately had about 2-3 inches of natural growth before the BC, but also had more perm than natural, but I personally felt I was ready and so I said what the hell..and just did it anyways. Now the 1st stage of locking can also be pretty bad because once your hair begins to mess up, you don&#39;t know what to do with it. I went thru the tying my hair up stage for a minute and it was a few months that I did that, but look at my locks now, boy am I happy that I did it when I did it and my heart is content. So..if you are looking to cut, go right ahead, if you feel that you will be ok with short hair for a few months and be able to handle it, then good. As far as cleansiness, its all what&#39;s in your heart. Some people feel it in their heart to cut their hair for a sense of renewal or restarting-coming to connect with their inner self. I think that it&#39;s up to you and how you feel inside.....please, if you have any questions or anything...feel free to email me...

kmcleod7@yahoo.com

Here&#39;s my album..just started working on it..

http://public.fotki.com/EmpressKee/
password: golden

Empress Kee

Freebird
03-15-2004, 11:27 PM
AMBER ALERT!!! AMBER ALERT!!!
LOOKING FOR A COMPASSIONATE NATURAL HAIR CARE BUDDY

Hi all! I am Freebird. I just joined yesterday and I am very excited to be here and see this topic because I really need some help and support.

Recently, I have been experiencing some major roller coaster throws of emotion. My esteem is being challenged as I don&#39;t feel so much like the "diva" I&#39;ve known for so long. I go back and forth with knowing that going natural is the best thing for me versus losing patience with the process. I have been suffering by myself, I really need some help!

To answer the post questions, here we go:
1. I am transitioning :thumbsup
2. My last relaxer was September 2003 (I almost got a perm 3 weeks ago- I was weak but my heart wouldn&#39;t let me do it)

3. I have not done the big chop and I don&#39;t want to. :cen
5. I think it&#39;s the S type ( :huh I also need help with determining this)
6. My hair is layered - but the general length is just to my shoulders.
7. I may be contacted at stylisticsoul@yahoo.com or PM here.

Thanks so much to whomever reaches out. I really look forward to chatting with you.

Freebird

:daz :daz :daz

ladya
03-16-2004, 12:53 AM
Hello to everyone! This is a great idea! Here&#39;s my info:

1. Status: Transitioning
2. Last perm was Dec 03
3. B/C or not: I plan on transitioning for a year, but I&#39;m also curios about the journey with getting to know my own hair for once!
4. Hair Type: I&#39;ve had a perm forever so I&#39;m not sure. But the texture is normally fine and not thich which I was always trying to achieve.
5. Length: below the ears/ not sure about new growth
6. preferred method: emailed at doubleladya@knology.net or PM

Have a great day!

staterka
03-16-2004, 03:39 AM
Hi,

Nice to meet you all. I&#39;m in London, England and have just decided to go natural but need a bit of help and advice. I would love for someone to volunteer to give me personal advice along the way and keep me inspired. I change my mind a lot but this I want to stick with.

Thanks for reading :0)

1. Status of Your Hair Journey (i.e Transitioning or Completely
Napptural)

Just decided to go natural and am in transition. I was due for a relaxer retouch but decided to grow out my natural hair instead. I reckon I have about an inch of natural hair so far.

Couple of months

Haven&#39;t done the big chop. Too scared that I&#39;ll look funny and my family will look away and be embarrassed. I also think I have a funny shaped head so I&#39;m waiting for my hair to grow. I&#39;m really impatient though to get rid of the relaxed hair now that I&#39;ve decided I don&#39;t want it, but I&#39;m too scared that I&#39;ll look weird. I&#39;ve put my hair in plaits (my own hair, no extensions) but am not doing anything special with regards to hair care. I have yet to buy the right products, tools etc.

N/A

My hair texture is fine and curly. I have three types of hair on my head apparently (found this out when I did the big chop a few years ago). The front and sides are very afro, the back is quite curly and the top is straightish/wavyish.

1 inch of natural hair and about eight inches of relaxed hair.

Email please

elock1
03-16-2004, 07:14 PM
Hello Everyone. My name is Erica. I&#39;m transitioning.

My last perm was in November 2003. I&#39;m not planning on doing the big chop. I have braids in now, but I&#39;m taking them out soon. I probably won&#39;t get them back in for awhile.

My hair type- the back and top is pretty nappy, but the front is much less kinky.

My hair length is a little above my shoulders.

Anyone who would like to be my mentor or just chat with me can send me an email at elock1@umbc.edu .

Thanks for reading!

Erica

mochalocks
04-05-2004, 03:11 AM
1. Status of Your Hair Journey (i.e Transitioning or Completely Napptural): I&#39;m competely natural..I think..I&#39;m not sure
2. How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural: I&#39;ve been natural for seven-months
3. Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop&#39;: Nope, I did not do the big chop yet.
4. When you became completely Napptural: October 03
5. Hair Typeand/or Description of your hair: I don&#39;t know my hair type, its just real nappy
6. Length of your hair (either exact or estimated); I have no idea
7. Preferred method of contact (i.e email, Yahoo IM..etc.): My e-mail address is afrocentricmind@aol.com, you all can also AIM me under that name too...

someone, anyone help me please..I&#39;m new to this, and I would like to get informed on a lot of things..

mehogeni
04-05-2004, 03:39 AM
well i mean i can adopt someone, i havent had a perm for about like 2 years, did the big chop in july with my mom&#39;s help....i am a freshman at howard university originally from south georgia...i mean i would like to adopt someone who is maybe close to my age(18, 19 in august)...simply because maybe a persom much older than me not take to well to getting advice from a "youngin" lol..but yeah i prefer aim, so you can hit me up on mehogeni85 on aim

Tameshia
04-05-2004, 04:05 PM
I am soo glad we can get adopted...I really need advice. Okay here we go... :pop

1.) I decided to transition. Even though I was considering the BC (you can view my long post in the transitioning forum under "Scared but excited"

2.) I recently decided to transition. For years I have thought about going natural but couldn&#39;t seem to stomach my hair not being straight. Well, that thinking is now blurred b/c my hair is NOT healthy by any means and it is always breaking off at a certain length. But I am still a little apprehensive about having kinky hair, or how I will look with kinky hair....I hope I don&#39;t sound vain I am just being completely honest

3.) I think I will pass on the big chop for now. I plan on transitioning using braids and once I obtain enough new growth to attach to an extension I plan to do the BC!

4.) I am not completely natural yet...I can&#39;t remember the exact date of my last perm but I believe, by the look of my hair, that I am approaching 2 months

5.) I saw Andre’s hair type and by his descriptions I guess I would be a 3b/4a but that still doesn&#39;t really describe my hair. Keep in mind that I only know my "relaxed hair type". The middle of my hair, when wet then air dried is very curly, to the point of making curly Q&#39;s. The bottom part of my hair seems to be a little less curly then the middle, I have noticed when my new growth started to come in the back it would be curly, like a very deep and defined "S". The front of my hair is soft when I get new growth. It also is not as curly as the middle but it is the least nappy. I don&#39;t know how else to describe it, other then, soft. However, I only described my new growth; the rest is another story.... :violin

6.) The length of my hair varies, only because it was layered about 2-3 years ago and never completely grew to one length (part of that was my fault...oops.) But I would say the back is full neck length pass the collar of a shirt and the front, bangs, come to my nose.

7.) I prefer to be contact by either email or PM. If you PM me I will give you my email address

Whoever decides to adopt me...thank you so much in advance, I know you will mold me to be a very proud, and true nappy! :blab

asiah06
04-05-2004, 04:26 PM
1. transitioning
2. Been transitioning for 1 month so far.
3. I haven&#39;t done the BC yet.
4. I was natural all my life (I&#39;m 16), but i just had to have a gollum cream to "fit in"...big mistake. Got my gollum cream in August of 2003, my last gollum cream was March 4th 2004.
5. I clearly remember my hair type, it&#39;s thick 4a, my hair looks a lot like Ludacris&#39; hair. When it&#39;s wet, the front is wavy and the back is curly 3a ringlets.
6. My relaxed ends are chin length cuz I chopped some off when it was shoulder length, and my natural roots are probably barely an inch, my hair is braided in cornrows now.
7. AIM: krayzee4iverson

jaila
04-05-2004, 07:27 PM
:heart SOON-TO-BE-COLLEGE-GRAD, BEGINNING NEW START IN LIFE AND NATURAL HAIR, WOULD JUST LOVE TO BE ADOPTED :heart

I just cut most of my gollum cream out last week.
Transitioned for a little over a month
Yes I did! Last Wednesday! March 31!!!! :bis
I&#39;m not COMPLETELY napptural since I still have bits of gollum cream left
4B-LI
1 1/2 inches
Jaila@hotmail.com

piscesgirl_2
04-06-2004, 04:03 AM
Hello All! I would really love a tranisition mentor and/or buddy!

1./2. I am transitioning and my last gollum fire cream was on Feb. 14th of this year, so I&#39;ve been transition for *ALMOST* 2 months, very new to it.

3. I do plan on doing the big chop, haven&#39;t yet...wanted to wait for a little more new growth.

4. Still waiting to become completely natural.

5. Right now, my hair is long. I clipped my ends this weekend, think I cut too much, oh well, I tried LOL. My roots are growing in very curly. That was the way I knew that it was gollum fire cream time, hair was too curly. So I believe, it&#39;s been a while since we&#39;ve been acquainted, that my natural hair is very curly! I am anxious for it coming back.

6. Well, my hair was in the middle of my shoulders. Now it&#39;s about as long as my shoulders.

7. E-mail: piscesgirl_2@hotmail.com --Junk mail there is attrocious, so just please indicate something about Napturality in your subject!

Thanks looking forward to being someone&#39;s Adoptee! I really could use all the information, help and encouragement I can get. Also, I live in Wisconsin.

~Pisces

BestNatural
04-06-2004, 08:33 AM
I would love a mentor!
1. Transitioning
2. Transitioning for a little of 10 months.
3. I have not did the big chop. Just cutting off ends a little at a time.
4. I&#39;m not completely Natural yet!
5. Not sure what my hair type is.
6. 6 plus inches in length
7. contact me using the subject line "Napptuality" 8) at pascalenjmd@yahoo.com

Naptural_Beauti
04-06-2004, 10:59 AM
I suppose I am a "Newbie" even though I have been natural before. :razz BUT never did such a LOOOOOOONG transition before so i need the good advice and encouragement. :rainfro

:heart :heart PLEASE ADOPT ME!! :heart :heart :amour

2. When: " " " since Oct. &#39;03(6mths)

3. Big Chop: No BC. Just cutting ends as I go.

4. Length of time: Want to transition for at least 2 years.

5. Hair Type: not sure. need help to figure out but it&#39;s tight curls and fluffy.

6. Length of hair: about 3" of natural hair

7. Contact info: Would like to be contacted either through "Napturality" or kitwana.williams@fairmont.com

newsara
04-06-2004, 01:53 PM
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]

Hi y&#39;all, here&#39;s Sarah, Newbie in need of the advice of an experienced mentor :thumbsup ... my info:

1. am transitioning

2. it&#39;s been about 3 months since my last gollum fire cream (i have been natural before and i&#39;ll always regret the day i relaxed my shoulder-length natural curls again... stupid, i know)

3. i&#39;ll do the Big Chop as the last resort, so to speak... am trying to wait until i can just cut the relaxed, dead hair off...

4. i hope to be able to become completely natural by my next birthday (oct)

5. now that&#39;s a tough one... i am of mixed descent (caribbean/white) and my hair&#39;s always been described as "weird", or "in-between", or just plain "unmanageable" (quote the numerous hairdressers i have visited since my first gollum fire cream, at the ripe age of 12...!) it is very curly and quite thick, very dry too; the curls are rather dense (sorry, i do not know the professional terms , i hope this makes some sense)

6. geez... i&#39;d say about 6 cm (2 1/2 inches...)

7. i&#39;d rather be contacted via Nappturality, or by email or Yahoo IM (sara_r22@yahoo.fr)

Let me say how grateful i am that such a site exists! i live in france, and it is very hard to find any info regarding our natural hair, as in europe you&#39;re just expected to fit in and relax your mane... or else!

I guess i have been going through the usual neurosis every transitioner goes through: i hate my hair, i&#39;ll shave it all off, no wait i love it i want to rescue what there is to rescue, why me, why oh why do i have such thick curly hair, when my brother (who wears his hair shaved to the scalp) is "blessed" with "normally" curly hair, etc. etc...

I hope i can share all these dilemmas and experiences (i have had just about every haircut possible...), and also get some inspiration from Sisters across the Atlantic, cuz&#39; we european black women (who don&#39;t live in the UK, that is) feel very very left aside...

Please adopt me!!

THANX!! :heart

nkem2004
04-07-2004, 04:51 AM
hey everybody my name is nkem and im lookin for a veteran who can give me any info on hair growth , im transitioning and havent had a gollum fire cream since dec 13 2003 i am considering two strand twists.
please somebody adopt me i want my hair and scalp to be healthy again

beeniegyul
04-08-2004, 03:48 AM
Hi everybody:
Just starting out on my journey to natural hair and in need of a mentor. My had hair burned with acid just to have straight hair broke off when i was 14 and i was completely natural for about 5 years...dont know why i had hair burned with acid just to have straight hair it again in 1999! :doh
but anyway after my last old school gollum fire cream for eradicating the napps in february i just got this strong feeling that i would make that my last one. and my hair was getting thinner and thinner each time!
a friend of mine told me about this site and i started reading alot. i am hooked now and i have finally made the decision to go natural again! yaaay! I was really inspired through reading the other members&#39; testimonies and lookin at the pictures. i can&#39;t wait to grow my hair out now! enough yapping here is my relevant info:

status - transitioning

last gollum fire cream - february 9th 2004

hair type - my hair is fine. and it is variuos types but for the most part the back and sides are 4A and the front and middle are 3B

hair length - one inch of natural hair and between 3-5 inches of chemically fried with lye hair. the back sides and front are short, the middle is longer

preffered method of contact - email beeniegyul@yahoo.com or instant messages at yahoo.com

Thanks alot!
Beenie Girl

Southern
04-10-2004, 12:47 AM
2. Transitioning: Going on 5 Months
3. Planning on doing the big chop on June 1st
4. Plan on being completely natural by june
5. I dont know my hair type
6. New growth? about an inch and a half...total probably 6-7 inches
7. Preferred method of contact: Aim - iBellaFemmina , Yahoo: Southern_Candii

naturlwmn
04-10-2004, 04:38 AM
Thank you for this thread!!! I am a newbie looking to be adopted (with any luck, by a hair twin!). Puleezzz!!!

Here&#39;s my hairstory:

Completely napptural since November 12, 2003. Second time around. Was completely napptural previously (with a fade and then a low &#39;fro) from 1993-1997.

My last gollum fire cream was in June 2002. I transitioned for 17 months with flat ironing, Senegalese twists and kinky twists until November 2003.

No. I had all the gollum fire cream cut off the back of my head in 2/02 then went right into Senegalese twists the next day. Then, in November, I had the rest of the chemically fried with lye ends cut off.

4. When you became completely Napptural.

November 12, 2003

My hair is coily with tighter spots on the sides and straighter in the front. You can see it wet and dry in my album at http://public.fotki.com/naturlwmn

6 to 6.5 inches

Please pm me.

I hope this worked
<span style='color:red'><span style='color:red'><span style='color:red'><span style='color:red'><span style='color:red'><span style='color:red'><span style='color:red'></span></span></span></span></span></span></span>My Webpage (http://public.fotki.com/naturlwmn) ;-) ;-)

DaisysHair
04-10-2004, 07:42 AM
Hello all, DaisysHair Nappturality.com newbie,
seeking veteran mentor who is willing to be a
hair buddy and moral supporter of my journey.

1. I am currently coming up on my sixth month
of transitioning May 1, 2004. :app

2. My last gollum fire cream was done on November 1, 2003. :doh

3. I have not done a big chop as of yet, but i have
maintained regular bi-monthly trims since Nov. 03.

4. Not completely napptural per se, but i am striving
for my 1 year of transitioning as a first step to my
napptural commitment.

5. Currently, my napptural growth is a nappy-nappy type. Sort
of ash brown chemically fried with lye ends with dark brown napptural
roots.

6. My napptural growth is about 2 inches at the front and
crown, 1.5 inches middle and .5 inches at the nap of neck
and lower sides.

7. I can be contacted at Nappturality.com via P.M. or at my
online www.femalejailer78@aol.com or www.daisycakes782003@yahoo.com

I look forward to being adopted by an established napptural
mentor who can provide advice and support.

P.S. I am new at posting i will get more creative
as my transition prospers. :heart

Gisnik
04-12-2004, 03:43 AM
Hello everyone! I&#39;m GisNik and I am a Newbie looking for someone to please adopt me...

1) I am currently transitioning

2) I am six months in to transitioning, my last relaxer was October of 2003. I plan on doing this until December of 2004.

3) I don&#39;t plan on doing a big chop because I can&#39;t see myself with short hair.

4) I will be completely natural in December of 04.

5) I have no idea what my hair type is, but its very wavy in some areas and there are some spiral curls in other areas.

6) I also don&#39;t know how long my hair is because its been in and out of braids since November of 03.

7) I would like to be contacted at GisNik@optonline.net

Thank you so much!

GisNik

Joie
04-12-2004, 04:03 PM
I definitely feel the need for a mentor, especially today! :doh

This is me:

* Status - I am currently Transitioning
* Last relaxer - between December 2003 and January 2004
* I have not done the big chop
* Not yet completely natural
* Not sure what my hair type is
* Hair Length - short... Halle Berry-ish style growing out
* Method of contact - E-mail: joie_4@hotmail.com

Thank you kindly!

LilShortRib
04-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Dang! Seems like there are a lot of newbies! Here&#39;s another one to add to your list!
1. Status of Your Hair Journey - I am transitioning
2. How long have you been Transitioning - Since October 2003
3. Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop&#39; - no, probably won&#39;t until later on this year when I get more napps...
4. When you became completely Napptural - read #3
5. Hair Typeand/or Description of your hair - somewhat fine, I dont know what other description to use!
6. Length of your hair (either exact or estimated) - about 2 inches of napps and 5 inches of permed
7. Preferred method of contact (i.e email, Yahoo IM..etc.) - Yahoo IM is best, I am LilShortRib. Even if I am not online, feel free to send me a msg. anyway, I will get it.

Has anyone been adopted yet?

GaTangerine
04-12-2004, 10:56 PM
Yet another newbie hoping to be adopted
1. Transitioning
2. I&#39;ve been chemical free for a month now
3. I&#39;m cutting out my relaxed hair gradually
4. My hair texture is kinky and soft
5. My hair is about 2 inches long
6. I would prefer to be reached by PM

-Tanja

Jmeezay
04-12-2004, 11:35 PM
Newbie here, looking for some guidance from a Vet or even someone in the middle. My hair situation isn&#39;t super common, which is why I&#39;m hoping to find someone who can help a sista out!

1. Status of Your Hair Journey - Transitioning

2. How long have you been Transitioning - 4 months

3. Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop&#39; - Big Head = No Big Chop

5. Hair Typeand/or Description of your hair - Well, it appears that I have OS. I don&#39;t know about the nappy,nappy stuff..that part confused me. So far, the new growth is quite shiny. Its thick too.

6. Length of your hair - I&#39;m going to estimate at least 10 inches of hair on my head, with 2 inches of natural growth

7. Preferred method of contact - Feel free to send me an email at jmeezay@yahoo.com. Mention this site in the subject, cause I&#39;ll probably delete ya otherwise.

Basically, I&#39;m not planning to wear braids or chop off all of my length, due to the fact that I think I look horrible with short hair (I&#39;ve seen it for myself!). So I could definitely use help from someone who transitioned in a similar way. Thanks to anyone who is interested in helping!

trynapp
04-13-2004, 01:55 AM
I CONSIDER MYSELF A NEWBIE..I REALLY NEED A MENTOR PRETTY BADLY
IVE BEEN TRANSITIONING SINCE 3-27-04 WEARING MY HAIR IN A WIG,COILS OUT, AND STRAW SETS....
I HAVE NOT DONE THE BIG CHOP YET AND I DONT HAVE ALOT OF SUPPORT IN MY HOUSEHOLD...
RIGHT NOW IM NOT COMPLETLY NATURAL BUT I HOPE TO BE AROUND THIS TIME NEXT YEAR...
MY HAIR TYPE RIGHT NOW IS GREASED WELL BUT I SEEM TO HAVE A LOT OF BREAKAGE..THE DESCRIPTION OF MY HAIR WOULD BE DARK BROWN, SHOULDER LENGTH AND IM WEARING IT NOW IN A BRAID OUT....
LIKE I EXPLAINED BEFORE MY HAIR IS SHOULDER LENGTH WITH BREAKAGE IN THE MIDDLE OF MY HEAD......
I WOULD LIKE TO BE CONTACTED BY EMAIL AT blaque_314@yahoo.com AND YAHOO MESSANGER tracy-cannon@sbcglobal.net
SO IF ITS ANYONE OUT THERE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CONSIDER MENTORING ME.... :rainfro

Gisnik
04-13-2004, 03:36 AM
I am very happy to report that I have been "sistered up" with a fellow transitioner after only posting my ad for a day! :app

This is great and I am excited!

GisNik

memphischik
04-13-2004, 07:34 PM
I definately need a mentor :blab

1. Transitioning
2. I just made a month yesterday (4/12/2004) :)
3. No BC yet
4. Not yet
5. Not sure- my new growth seems wavy
6. neck length
7. e-mail or yahoo

memphischik

kdj5k
04-14-2004, 02:08 AM
i&#39;m really in need of a mentor.

1. transitioning
2. just started this week
3. not had "The Big Chop" yet
4. plan on transitioning for a year
5. don&#39;t really know right now
6.shoulder length for now
7. contact me through msn at kdj5k@hotmail.com

Thanks! :)

harris03
04-14-2004, 02:42 AM
I&#39;m in the transitioning stage

for about three months
Did not do the big chop. Been wearing cornrolls the whole time.
Feb/04
Do not know type of hair. All I know it is very fuzzy in the front and very think all over. Hair reaches my ear.
Hair is tip of ear.
You may email me at srharris@dodi.com

Help I am very frustrated right now. I do not know what to do with my hair. It just looks so nappy to me. People keep asking when are you going to get a perm. It brings me to tears because how people think I am neglecting my hair because I have decided to go natural. They are use to me getting my hair done once every two weeks. Everyone would say how pretty my hair looked now no one notices my hair at all besides I need a perm. :-? I just want to get thru nthis so bad. I&#39;mthinking about putting some color in my hair to help it look better

Niquey
04-14-2004, 02:43 AM
:violin ADOPT ME!!

1. I am currently transitioning.
2. My last perm was Dec. 27, 2003.
3. I have not BC&#39;d yet.
5. My "treated" hair is soft but my roots are soooo dry. At the front of my head, I have very coily hairs, but moving into the crown/back of my head, it gets really thick. I have NO idea what that looks like. I&#39;ve gotten into the habit of not even combing that part because I CANT!
6. I guess my hair is about 9 or 10 inches with about 1/2 to 1 inch of new growth.
7. Send me a message or email through AOL @ ImMaddAtThat. or you can PM me on yahoo@ beforeal304

Thank you!!

kinks4days
04-14-2004, 12:16 PM
1. Not really sure how to answer this question, but I hadn&#39;t had a relaxer in 10 months.
2. I have been transitioning for 10 months now.
3. I did the Big Chop last night...4/13/04!!
4. I became completely Napptural on 4/13/04
5. My hair type is really thick. Twist and braids hold easily without having to use twisting products.
6. It&#39;s hard to estimate how long my hair is. I can tell you that when it&#39;s picked out I gotta major fro going on!
7. I can be contacted via email or Yahoo IM. Either one is cool!

meshia
04-14-2004, 01:56 PM
I am transitioning. My last relaxer was on Feb.25 2004. I haven&#39;t decided to do the big chop, I am transitioning through braids and I am eager for info on taking care of my hair. I would love to have a mentor to help me through the process. My hair is currently medium length. I can be contacted through meshiatd@hotmail.com

mizz_qtpie
04-14-2004, 02:06 PM
[quote]
5. <a href=\'http://www.nappturality.com/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=35\' target=\'_blank\'>Hair Type</a>and/or Description of your hair

<span style=\'font-family:Geneva\'>Hello everyone...I&#39;m fairly new here....Not exactly sure what I should put in this post so I figure I will basically answer the questions from the original post....I have basically been natural all my life with the exception of the few times my mother thought it was easier to manage my hair with the help of the white creamy stuff. But that was years ago. My hair is about an inch or 2 past my shoulders. Super super curly....when it comes to the hair type...I&#39;m not too sure. If I had to guess I would say a 3b/c. I didn&#39;t do the big chop...although I did cut all my hair off about 5 years ago. And it&#39;s growing back from that. I have a hard time mangaing my hair also....I&#39;m not too creative as far as styling is concerned...but the other problem is that my hair gets so tangled up it&#39;s ridiculous...I my ends are terrible...and I don&#39;t know how to trim them :cen . All in all I don&#39;t really know how to care for my hair :-? . I&#39;ve been learning a lot :-P ...but I&#39;m in desperate need of a mentor to help me...someone that I can go to when ever I have any questions....please....help me :shock !!!!! :heart :rainfro :rainfro </span>

Denny
04-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Hello I&#39;m Den I should have joined this section a month ago, so here goes:-
I&#39;m looking for a veteran to adopt me. If you live in London, even better then you can stop me rushing for the white stuff when the hair gets too much or point me to a good braider who works on Sundays :)

1. Transitioning (second time for me did this 7 years ago)
2. Last relaxer - Sept 03
3. Big chops will be done end of August, wearing it in extension braids at the moment, my mates & family haven&#39;t seen my hair since last September!
4. Not yet completely natural
5. My natural hair is kinky, shrinks to nothing when wash thats what made me rush back, its so hard to comb so need tips on softening it when wet.
6. No idea, probaby jawline that includes the permed bit tho.
7. You can e-mail me at ladyden68@aol.com

Catch u later! :thumbsup

senegalese
04-16-2004, 03:12 AM
1.I am Completely Napptural
2. 6 months
3. I big chopped without transition( shaved my shoulder length permed hair :) )
4.October 28th 2003
5. 4 something. Really Really thick tight coils with amazing shrinkage.
6. 3 inches that shrinks to half an inch most of the time
7. You can e/mail me at gaxy9@hotmail.com

I just started no pooing and right now all I am good at doing with my hair is wash and go and where I live, I am the only natural I now. I need Help . Somebody Please adopt me

BrgndyBr
04-16-2004, 03:54 AM
:razz ADOPT ME!

1. Completely Napptural
2. Stopped relaxing in August &#39;03
3. Big Chop!
4. Completely napptural since November &#39;03
5. Very coily hair!
6. Hair length: 2.5"
7. Email: hood013@bama.ua.edu

I am currently using the no poo method. But I do have a problem, "I CAN&#39;T KEEP MY HANDS OUT OF MY HAIR!" I am either picking it or pulling on it with my hands. I am in need of complete guidance. My problems areas include trimming ( I have knots and don&#39;t know how to trim hair this short) and detangling (My hair is very coily and tangles easily, I just bought the small Denman paddle brush. I also pick my hair out every morning). I look forward to hearing from someone soon! :)

Babybee
04-16-2004, 03:47 PM
:bis I need someone to adopt me! :bis

1. Completely Natural
2. Last relaxer was early July 2003
3. Big Chop was at the beginning of August :cen
4. Completly natural since mid-August 2003
5. I am not too sure about the typing, but my hair is an a smaller than pencil sized coil pattern I guess nappy-os
6. My hair is between 3 1/2" - 4".
7. You can email me @ pisces30@comcast.net

kondwani
04-16-2004, 08:55 PM
Hello everyone!!!!

I&#39;m a 23 year old NEWBIE in Houston looking for a mentor :ura

- I&#39;m transitioning
- My last dose of the "creamy crack" was in Feb. 2004 :app
- I&#39;m not sure how long I will transition & I haven&#39;t decided if I should do "THE BIG CHOP" :cen
- I have 1/2 inch of natural hair and about 7 or 8 inches of relaxed hair

- I prefer to be contacted by PM

MissLisha
05-04-2004, 12:01 AM
Hi my name is Alisha and im a newbie and im in real need of a mentor

1)Im transitioning with braids right now but theyre coming ut in two weeks
2)Last relaxer May 200
3) I&#39;d rather not do the big chop im going to try and gradually cut away the permed ends
4)Not yet natural
5) Very soft and thick
6) My permed ends stop right under my jaw line

MissLisha
05-04-2004, 12:02 AM
:duck Hi my name is Alisha and im a newbie and im in real need of a mentor

1)Im transitioning with braids right now but theyre coming out in two weeks
2)Last relaxer May 200
3) I&#39;d rather not do the big chop im going to try and gradually cut away the permed ends
4)Not yet natural
5) Very soft and thick
6) My permed ends stop right under my jaw line
7) You can email me at misslisha4@yahoo.com or hit me up on AIM:misslisha4

l8diebgg
05-04-2004, 02:05 AM
Hello my name is Shannon and i am new to world of natural hair. Though i have many questions, am unsure about some things, i am loving my hair in all its thick "nappiness" and i cant keep my hands out of it!

1 & 2. I am a newbie, have had my hair in braids/twists for about 8 months and just took them out last week.
3. i didnt do the big chop as my original goal for keeping braids was just to keep from doing my hair for a few weeks. I&#39;d always said i&#39;d wanted to go natural and got so many compliments from the twists that i decided now is as good a time as any.
4. im not sure if i am completely napptural, i think most of my relaxed ends have broken off, but some parts still are straight and tangle easily.
5. My hair is thick and koily i suppose, and at times looks wooly. tends to dry easily.
6.short, fro length, always longer at the top in the middle/back is all new growth as i used to cut the back short all the time.
7. feel free to email, yahoo im, aol im

mochalocks
05-10-2004, 06:59 PM
I did this before..I think I&#39;ll post it again.. Oh my the way I&#39;m from Brooklyn, NY and I&#39;m 20 years old

1. Status of Your Hair Journey (i.e Transitioning or Completely Napptural): I&#39;m competely natural..
2. How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural: I&#39;ve been natural for seven-months
3. Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop&#39;: Nope, I did not do the big chop yet.
4. When you became completely Napptural: October, 03
5. Hair Typeand/or Description of your hair: I don&#39;t know my hair type...
6. Length of your hair (either exact or estimated); I have no idea.I think its about 5 1/2 inches
7. Preferred method of contact (i.e email, Yahoo IM..etc.): My e-mail address is afrocentricmind@aol.com, you all can also AIM me under that name too...

someone, anyone help me please..I&#39;m new to this, and I would like to get informed on a lot of things..

sonshyne
05-11-2004, 01:24 PM
1. I am in the process of transitioning.
2. My last perm was 11/26/03
3. I have not done the BC yet, I did cut about 5" off this past weekend. I&#39;m trying to get close to doing the BC but I&#39;m afraid of what my head will look like with a TWA.
4. I am still somewhat attached to the flat iron, so I&#39;m not napptural.
5. My hair is cut into layers, right now I have straw curls. I&#39;m not sure the type, I have not touched my hair wet in about 3 months, I&#39;ve been going to a salon.
6. The top of my hair is about 5 1/2", the middle is 3 1/2" and the back is about 2".
7. My email address is sonshyne99@hotmail.com

I am looking for a mentor. Someone to motivate me and try to answer my questions. I don&#39;t have too many people in my corner (my co-worker who is natural told me not to do it :doh )

nita4
05-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Great thread! Hi all! I&#39;m a newbie

1. Status of Your Hair Journey (i.e Transitioning or Completely Napptural): Trasitioning

2. How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural: 8 weeks

3. Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop&#39;: No, big chop yet. Want to transition for as long as possible.

4. When you became completely Napptural: Not completely natural yet.

5. Hair Typeand/or Description of your hair: nappy, spring like tight coils, thin/fine

6. Length of your hair (either exact or estimated);
inch or so past shoulders relaxed resting on coller bone in front

7. Preferred method of contact (i.e email, Yahoo IM..etc.):
contact me through this forum

This is something that I want to do for the health of my hair. I&#39;m new to this, and would like my transition to be a success.

JaneAnn
05-11-2004, 03:22 PM
I too need to be adopted. Here are the specifics:First I have been natural for almost 3 years, I would have been natural for 5 years but my daughter wanted me to get a texturizer for her wedding and I did. I can&#39;t do anything with my hair and I have never been a hair fixer so I go to a natural hair salon every 3 weeks for 2 strand twists, I love them but about 10 days into my 3 weeks the twists in the top of my head start to unravel. My hair is very fine in that area. I am wondering is it possible for me to secure those twists with rubber bands so that they will stay up. I l love Carol&#39;s Daughter products and this is what has been used on my hair. I think I have an allergy to the Tuit oil becasue it makes my eyes water for a few days after mt hair is twisted. Any suggestions what I can use on my hair instead of the oil? I don&#39;t get to this site very often so if any of you have any suggestions please contact me at jsykesrn1@hotmail.com. Thank you, Jane Ann

yasmeen
05-11-2004, 03:33 PM
Hi,
I&#39;m a new newby, my last perm was in March 04. I thought that I wanted to transition for a long time, but the more I get on this site the more I want to chop all my hair off. But I think I&#39;m going to chop off a little perm at a time. I don&#39;t quite understand the hair types, but I remember my hair from when I was younger; it was soft and spongy. I don&#39;t think it&#39;s too curly. I have gotten tired of the damage hair from the chemicals, and tired of paying all of my money to the salon. My hair is collar length all around. I have braids in my hair now. You can contact me at yas7meen7@yahoo.com.

Laneik
05-12-2004, 04:41 PM
I&#39;m a newbie to the naptural world. I&#39;ve already been flipping through some ladies&#39; albums, but here&#39;s my info:

- I am Completely Napptural

- I transitioned for 11 months with braid and 2-strand twist extensions; last perm - May 2003

- I chopped the perm on April 16, 2004 and had about 3.5 - 4 inches of natural hair

- I have no idea what my hair type is...maybe nappy/b; you can look at my album I started : http://public.fotki.com/Laneik/

- I prefer e-mail as contact either laneik@excite.com (can check during the day at work) or laneik@comcast.net (only at home)

Thanks! :rainfro

theysavision
05-12-2004, 11:47 PM

peace and blessings
1.i am transistioning
2.4 1&#39;2 months
3.i havent done the big chop but im so ready to do it
4.i think- with the help of lois- i am an "o" with some "l" in there, dry scalp and thick
5.my length is about 3 inches
6.can contact me @ twoyoungtworestless@yahoo.com or here on nappturality

nurse_tish
05-14-2004, 09:53 PM
:app Hiya, I am newbie and I am determined to transition!!!
1. Transitioning
2. I have been transitioning for the past 7 weeks
3. Decided to transition with the aid of braids
4. I haven&#39;t done the BC but I am so ready for it.
5. Since, I have a very small amount of new growth I am guessing that my hair could be compared to Macy Gray&#39;s(guessing her) but w/Andre&#39;s system a nappy/b(again guessing)
6. My hair is currently chin length.
7. I prefer to be contacted through Pm&#39;s ; email:kjburntt@memphis.edu or mysweetpeace@aol.com; AOL IM:mysweetpeace

Jmalc
05-15-2004, 02:42 AM
Hi,
I am transitioning. I have only been transitioning for 7 1/2 weeks. I am not yet ready for the big chop, however I have cut at least 2 inches of my perm off. I think I am going to cut it off little by little. Right now my hair is mostly straight but the edges are soft and curly. My hair is approximately 2 1\2 inchses long. You can contact me through my email address Jmalcolm@charter.net

L_belle22
05-15-2004, 03:21 AM
I&#39;m looking to be adopted as well. Here&#39;s a little info about me I&#39;m 22 years old preschool teacher as well as a full-time student attending FSU and majoring in sociology.

1. I am completely natural from head to toe and inside and out.
2. I&#39;ve been natural for almost 3 years now.
3. I did my big chop right after my senior graduation from high school.
4. July 1, 2000 i became natural.
5. Hair type: Kinky, tightly coiled mostly resembles Lauryn Hill&#39;s boy cut hairstyle
6. Length 5&#39;&#39;....it should be longer than that after 3 years
7. Msn contact: Charlie Murphy or here at nappturality

bigashland
05-16-2004, 03:51 AM
I am an 18 year old high school senior...trying to go natural hey this may just be a phase...maybe not but it is worth a shot!!!!
Completely Permed lol

Since today may 15th 2004

lol you want an honest answer no...hasnt crossed my mind

um not there yet no where near it

I dont know..my hair is real thick and real weird...It is also red orange and black and yellow

To my shoulders

Aim IM or yahoo im

rezilient
05-17-2004, 04:18 PM
1. Status of Your Hair Journey :(Completely Napptural)
2. How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural: Napptural since 8/03---but have been wearing micros and now kinky twists since December. Trying to find the courage to wear my natural hair without any extensions.
3. Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop&#39;:[COLOR=blue] Yes, I did cut off all of permed ends
4. When you became completely Napptural: [COLOR=blue]Napptural since 8/03
5. Hair Typeand/or Description of your hair:[COLOR=blue] Very nappy! As in Tanzania, East Africa Nappy. However, it&#39;s very soft. My hair is also thin.
6. Length of your hair ([COLOR=blue]I guess about 3-4 inches
7. Preferred method of contact (PM or email: kmj_grant@yahoo.com

Chickygyrl3
05-17-2004, 04:44 PM
[COLOR=blue]Hello. I am new to this site and have trouble figuring out how to get help with my hair. I&#39;ll just start with my situation. I have been a slave to my hair for years using relaxers. I let all of that go about 3 years ago when I cut it all off and had natural hair. :app About a month ago, for some twisted reason, I went and got a relaxer. :fight I am so mad at myself because it is shoulder just pat my ears and I can&#39;t stand it. I am going tomorrow (May 18th, 2004) and getting it cut off. :cen I have about a month of new growth and I am going to do it. It is shedding and I refuse to get a touchup. I want to be free again. When I cut all of the relaxer off the first time, it felt good. It was better than ever. I felt a change come over me that I have never felt before. I have always had long hair. I mean hair that came to the nipple line. I know I can get there again, but naturally. I don&#39;t want to be a slave to the, "I can&#39;t get it wet, or Roll that window up, or I don&#39;t want to sweat my hair out." I am a new person and was stupid to think that it wasn&#39;t growing by being nautral. I am willing to start over and just wanted to see if there is anyone who can help keep me focuses.
Peace, Blessings, and Ghetto Love,
Chicky

Luvley
05-18-2004, 01:59 PM
Luvley here with my info:

1. Right now I am in the Transition stage.
2. I have been in transition for almost three months now. I have a little less than an inch to go before all relaxer is gone.
3. I decided not to do the big chop because my hair is curly with a relaxer in it. So basically I stopped putting relaxers in it, got braids, took them out and been wearing it curly while gradually cutting the relaxer out. It gave me the chance to wear my hair in some type of style while growing out that lye.
4. Not quite completely napptural yet, but hopefully in two weeks I will be! :app
5. I have curly hair when I was blinded by the lye. People always told me I had "good hair"...but that&#39;s when I was blind, but now I see...nappturally is the way to be.
6. My hair right now is about 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 th long...but that&#39;s now. When I get that lye out, it will be about 2&#39;&#39; long.
7. Please help me! I am getting ready to be completely napptural and I need someone to hold my hand along my journey. I feel a whole lot better now that I have found this website. Thank you Nappturality for giving me more inspiration to be happy being nappy!!! :thumbsup email at btn04@doc.state.nc.us

~*Tahani*~*
05-18-2004, 04:00 PM
~ I AM AVAILABLE TO ADOPT NEWBIES~

1. Status of Your Hair Journey : 100% Napptural

2. How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural: Napptural for 2 months as of May 13th 2004! I didnt transition at all really.

3. Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop&#39;: Big Chop was March 13th 2004 Actually my husband did the big chop for me.

4. When you became completely Napptural: March 13th 2004

5. Hair Typeand/or Description of your hair:[COLOR=blue] Mutli -textured. from 3a/b to nappy. Some spots are wavy, others coily, i even have some patches of completely straight hair!! Its crazy up there..lol!

6. Length of your hair: 1 1/2- 2 inches

7. Preferred method of contact: PM/E-mail/AIM/YIM/MSN anyway you want!

I&#39;m am still new to the napptural game, but i&#39;m here to lend support and answers whatever question any newbies may be...dont be scared to contact me i&#39;m here to help!

Keepin it NAPPY
Sheila :rainfro

Essence4Real
05-20-2004, 11:08 PM
Definitely a Newbie</span>..been wanting to do it for a while. had a baby and don&#39;t have time for all the fru-fru styling, but I want versatility. plus my husband loves women with natural hair styles.

1. Transitioning since about February
2. No Big Chop
3. I believe my hair is more curly than any thing else...no shine though
4. Medium- long length

I really need some guidance. Right now, I either wear it braided. indian style, braid it wet and roll it, or plat it and tie a scarf on it. HELP...ADOPT ME...SOMEBODY...ANYBODY :doh

Lysee84
05-21-2004, 02:42 AM
hey sup yalll

1. I am transitioning
2. 5 months
3. I plan to do the BC real soon ..sometime this summer
4. Not completely Natural but reall close
5. I can&#39;t really tell my hair type righ now it&#39;s eatin up the relaxd ends though =)
6. my hair lenght varies because it was layed previously but it is below my ears some parts approaching my chin
7. u can holla at me on aol..blackplanet or PM the screen name is the same for all three thank you so much

I don&#39;t know when to chop or how to style my hair or nothing so i really appreciate any help thank u

leeltweety
05-21-2004, 04:43 PM
My last perm was around march/april, which would make me a 1/2 month old transitionner. I plan to transition by chopping off a portion of the permed part of my hair about every 3 months. Since my hair grows rapidly whenever I cut it, I figured that would be faster.

I would really appreciate the help. Thank you.

missnay_1020
05-22-2004, 07:48 AM
[COLOR=purple] i am a newbie the second time around...i just got the big chop again on thursday after growing my hair out for 2 months...i was ready to be napptural again and couldn&#39;t wait. my hair texture is loosely curled but very thick and the front-middle is thicker than the rest of my hair. i would love a mentor to help me learn how which techniques to use to treat my napptural hair so it can grow healthy. the last time i had it natural, it grew fine, but i want exteremely healthy hair. my hair is now half an inch long, if that. thank you and god bless.

naturalay
05-22-2004, 08:18 AM

Ok so, i am a veteran ( 3 years of nappturality) :bis :bis
1- Completeley natural
2-I transition for 2 months( last relaxer october 2000)
3- I did the big chop ( by mylself)
4- Became completely natural in januray 2001
5- thick, shoulder length
6- i don&#39;t measure it (check out my album)
7- method of contact PM, or here)

Naturalay :bis

wildandkinky
05-23-2004, 12:38 AM
Hello, I want to adopt a newly napptural!

Completely Napptural
transitioning for two and a half years, napptural for a year and nine months.
I transitioned with braids, then cut the relaxed hair off.
August 2002
Curlier than curly, I have various hairtypes, most of it being 4.a.
Shoulderlength, I think about 12 inches, but I dont really measure.
Just PM me!

I like travelling, reading, playing games and partying. I&#39;m 22 years old, Dutch, study A.I., and I&#39;m looking for an open-minded fun newbie.

lexi1
05-23-2004, 02:18 AM
Hello I&#39;m lexi1

1.Transitioning since August 2003. This is my third time transitioning.The other two times I broke down and texturized.
2.I have not wanted to do the "big chop" however, lately I have been giving it some thought.
3.I consider my hair type to be a 3a with a mixture of 3b
4.right now my hair is about one inch pass my shoulders.
5. Just PM me!!!

mydestiny
05-23-2004, 05:11 AM
I need to be adopted please!@!!! I have not done this long so here it goes..

1: Transitioning since Dec 03. I&#39;ve thought about it for 2 years but did not have the courage to go through w/ it.

2: I really haven&#39;t thought about cutting off the remaning relaxed parts yet.

3: I dont know what my hair type is but the lady who does my braids says its naturally curly.

4: Right now the natural hair is about 2- 2.5 inches and all of my hair is about chin level.

5: Fastest way is to email me on this website.

If anyone can help me. I&#39;d greatly appreciate it. I&#39;m trying to find some other ways of doing my hair beyond cornrows.

Rienel
05-27-2004, 10:13 PM
Hello my name is Marie and I would like to be adopted

1. I am working on my my transition

2. It&#39;s been 10 months since my last relaxer

3. I have not done the big chop, I just simply wear braids, ponytails and of course the press. I haven&#39;t been pressed in 2 months

4. My hair is thin looks thick until heat is applied, it&#39;s curly and wavy. Even when wet I can still come through without tugging.

5. When pressed my hair is shoulder length in back and pass my ears in the front.

6. I can be reached at rienel2003@yahoo.com or pm me here

uzuri
05-28-2004, 12:28 PM
BUMP

keepee
05-29-2004, 03:32 AM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello! I&#39;m keepee, a newbie who needs HELP!!! Please adopt me!
1) i&#39;m napptural
2) i&#39;ve been nappy off and on for 6 years...i would get &#39;tired&#39; and perm my hair, watch it fall out, and run back into braids to hide...
3) no, i didn&#39;t do the big chop
4) i&#39;ve been chemical free for 8 months (i tried to be slick and &#39;kiddie perm&#39; my hair to &#39;break up&#39; the texture in september &#39;03...thank goodness my hair fought back :fight and the texturizer didn&#39;t work!)
5) i&#39;m unsure of my hair type...it&#39;s truly it&#39;s own being! PURE NAPS! I&#39;m having a hard time moisturizing it, low sheen, frizzes like CRAZY here in this Miami heat. I&#39;m struggling to keep myself from hiding again b/c i&#39;m not sure what to do with it. I&#39;m getting frustrated...
6) the length varies b/c it grows crazy...4 inches overall pretty much with 6 inches up top.
7) you can PM me or e-mail @ hotmail with the same username!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE AND THANKS TO ALL FOR ALL OF YOUR POSTS ON THIS WEBPAGE! THEY&#39;VE KEPT ME SEMI-SANE THIS WEEK!

amsanchez79
05-29-2004, 09:04 PM
This is my 4th try at being Napptural! Each time I caved in to a relaxer because I didn&#39;t know how to style my hair once it started to get long.:cry: I&#39;m very happy with finding the support I need in my looong journey.

1. Napptural
2. Off & On for 4years
3. Big Chop all 4 times!!!
4. Last time May 29, 2004
5. I think I&#39;m more a Type O
6. About a 1/4" of hair.
7. email-amsanchez79@hotmail.com

I live in the Raleigh-Durham area of NC.
Ihate to beg, but Please HELP ME!
Thank You!!! :) :) :)

CreativeVibe
05-29-2004, 09:32 PM
I am excited about this new phase in my life. Here is my info:

1. Transitioning
2. Transitioning since Feb or Mar. Let&#39;s say March to be sure
3. I want to do the big chop at the end of the summer...very nervous
4. n/a...not completely napptural
5. my hair has very tight coils
6. My hair is about 6 inches long on top and front to 3 inches or shorter in the back. The back is transitioning a lot faster because it was so short and I cut the ends every so often.
7. Please contact me through PM.

I would love to meet someone else who has very coarse hair. I always feel so isolated and alone with my hair type because none of my friends has my kind of hair.

Also, I live in the DC Metro area!

Thanks!

kimiij
05-29-2004, 11:57 PM
Hey all.. Im in the DC Metro area and I would love to be adopted or to have a buddy.. :)

1. I am Completely Natural
2. I transitioned for about 4 months (Mid January to Mid May)
3. I did the big chop on May 15th, 2004.. Yay!!!
4. Became completely natural on May 15th.
5. My hair is nappy I think. It has A LOT Of shrinkage when I air dry and I just let it be because I don&#39;t have the patience to comb it out (and I don&#39;t think its good for it either).. And it gets coily when wet and will stay that way if I don&#39;t comb it.
6. My hair has a lot of shrinkage but when combed out its about 1-1/2 inches.
7. You can contact me through PM or through email, AIM, MSN..whatever!

Thanks a lot!

realbme
05-30-2004, 04:40 PM
Ok so how does this work??

I&#39;d loooooove to be a mentor and I&#39;d adopt a newbie. Should I just PM/email one of the members that have posted??

Well if so

Hi :-)

-I have been completely natural for a year

-I transitioned for a year and 4 months.

-nope, no big chop

-In the summer of 2003

- THICK, DENSE, LARGE and IN CHARGE, COILY ends, NEEDS EXTRA EXTRA MOISTURE check out my album to really see the deal, i think that covers it all... :)

-uh, medium length...lol :lol I&#39;d say my front is the shortest part of my hair and everywhere else varies. I just measure growth based on where it hits parts of my face/body.

IM-bh7148
email-bh7148@aol.com
PM
shoot, you could even call, I don&#39;t mind. I love discussing hair :rolleyes .
Oh yeah and I&#39;m from Jersey.

Anyone who is looking for a mentor, just contact me through any means of communication.

cat93
05-31-2004, 06:53 AM
1. Status of Your Hair Journey (i.e Transitioning or Completely Napptural)Just now decided: I just kinda fell in backwards into my decision to go natural. I hadn&#39;t relaxed my hair in two months, and the day I went to get my touch-up, I realized that I was literally &#39;weary&#39; of relaxing my hair.

I’ve been without a touch-up for about 10 weeks – I just now decided to go Napptural (5-30-04)

I have not done the big chop

4. When you became completely NappturalNot completely natural yet -- still have about six inches of relaxed hair.

5. Hair Typeand/or Description of your hairMy closest guess is somewhere between thready & silky per the descriptions. It’s very thick.

6. Length of your hair (either exact or estimated) 6”to 8”

7. Preferred method of contact (chapp93@yahoo.com)

Note: My husband and kids are panicked! I understand their fear of change, it’s natural. But, I have a daughter… and I hate to model fear of change for her. And what’s more, I hate the idea of putting a relaxer in her hair. And even more than that, how can I expect people (my husband and kids included) to know me for the wonderful person I am if I don’t even accept my own head? Just a thought.

DivineSpirals
05-31-2004, 02:59 PM
I would like to post as a "veteran" who would like a mentee who has or is willing to abandon product junky-ism :) and doesn&#39;t mind discussing going natural as a mental/spiritual transition.

1. Status of Your Hair Journey - Completely napptural
2. How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural - transitioned March 1999 - Dec 1999
3. Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop&#39; - Yes...cut off about 15 inches after I had grown about 4 inches of napptural hair
4. When you became completely Napptural - December 1999
5. Description of your hair - combination hair. Pretty loose kink pattern overall. Not very much shrinkage. Very thick and wirey (strands are wide and flat) with a high natural sheen. Small kinks at the temples, frizzy-straight at the crown and coily in the back
6. Length of your hair - shoulder length when in twists, shoulder-blade length when blow-dried semi-straight and cornrowed
7. Preferred method of contact - PM here at Nappturality, yahoo messenger: kh_art, or e-mail

keepee
05-31-2004, 10:44 PM
I&#39;ve been adopted! :app Thank you realbme!

cinababy
06-01-2004, 12:02 AM
please adopt me.............i need some additional support

1. completely natural as of 5/30/04
2. i transitioned for about 8 months
3. i did two chops one 5/28/04 and the final 5/30/04 cutting off at least seven inches of relaxed hair and now down to two inches
4. my hair is very different i think, the front is wavy and the back is more curly, it has a mind of it&#39;s own (kind of hard to explain) it&#39;s not very course but not straight somewhere in the middle i guess
5. i prefer to be emailed and then we can definitely exchange other information at that time................cinababy75@yahoo.com

right now i&#39;m wearing my hair blow dried and twisted out, very liberating

PeachyPeach
06-01-2004, 01:47 AM
I need LOVE!!!! :heart :amour
1) I&#39;m currently in transition
2) It&#39;s been about 2 mos. since I stopped living the lye
3) Haven&#39;t done the big chop just yet!!! (and I&#39;m scared!!!) :shocked
4)Not completely napptural just yet... still have relaxed ends
5) I *THINK* it&#39;s wooly and thick... not course or curly, just wooly... yaknowwhatimsayin?
6) I believe I have almost an inch of new growth... I&#39;m not sure

please email me at PeachesBinLadin@hotmail.com :)... I can&#39;t wait to see the real me!!! :dance:

Shonia
06-01-2004, 04:23 AM
I&#39;m a newbie. Puweeze adopt me.

1) I&#39;ve been transitioning for 20 weeKs (5 months). YEAH! I&#39;m going to try to transition a year before cutting away the rest of the relaxed ends.

2) Last relaxer - Jan &#39;04

3) I haven&#39;t done the big chop. Broached the subject with my husband and he almost fell off the bed. LOL! (He does support me getting off the creamy crack *smile* just not used to me without long hair)

4) I still have about 6 inches of relaxed ends left even tho&#39; i hacked off 4 inches this past weekend.

5) Going by the LOIS, I have wiry OS hair of medium thickness.

6) I got almost 3 inches of new growth.

You can pm or email me. I can&#39;t wait for it all to be on texture.

TieseLee
06-17-2004, 03:19 AM
1. Transitioning
2. 5 months
3. Have not done the big chop yet
4. Not natural yet
5. My hair natural hair is wavy all around, but just fuzzy around the front left side.
6. My total length is about 14 inches, with about 3 inches of new growth
7. PM through Nappturality or email at Tiese1228@aol.com

tiggerdee
06-17-2004, 07:37 AM
Hello I&#39;m Newbie up for adoption:
1. Transitioning
2. My last perm was April 2004
3.I did &#39;The Big Chop&#39; :cen
4. I did &#39; The Big Chop&#39; almost a month ago (I don&#39;t know if that is completely Napptural)
5.Don&#39;t know but its nappy :)
6. I&#39;m gonna guess about half an inch to an inch of hair
7. Email or Yahoo IM is good but try e-mail first

bsn99
06-17-2004, 05:03 PM
Hello,
I hope I can find a veteran to adopt me. I need lots of guidance through this journey.

1) I am presently transitioning.
2) I have been transitioning since 2/14/04 (date of my last relaxer). I have plans to transition for 1yr.
3) I do not plan to do the BIG CHOP, but plan to do the not so big chop sometime next year.
4) I&#39;m not sure what my hair type is since I have a good bit of relaxer on my ends. I still need help trying to figure that out.
5) My hair is chin length right now and that includes my relaxed ends. I have 1 1/2-2inches of new growth right now.
6) You can contact me via email @timia_2000@yahoo.com

Presently I have two-strand extensions in right now.
Thanks, I hope to find a mentor.

munchyskitty
06-17-2004, 07:07 PM
1. Transitioning
2. Just started
3. Not planning on doing the big chop... braids maybe.
4. Not nappy yet, lol, but can&#39;t wait
5. I have hair like wool, lol
6. It&#39;s to my ears, but it&#39;s relaxed
7. email

lamesha4
06-17-2004, 07:42 PM
please adopt me too somebody!!

1. i&#39;m not transitioning. i let little luo girls in kenya cut all my dreads off with crayola scissors, now i wear cornrows. i have almost 2in of hair now.

2. i&#39;m still pretty new. i just took out my micro braids and am still in a bit of shock

4. i&#39;m nappy but i have some curl to my hair. i&#39;ve never really had curls before and i&#39;m kind of excited about it. but it is so thick even africans told me i had wool.

ps-i would like someone who has some pics i because i need some new ideas for this hair. i live in wa state so not too many people can do my hair. contact through email
lamesha4@hotmail.com

blackcoffee
06-18-2004, 02:26 AM
I would like to be adopted!! :rolleyes

1. Status - On the natural journey for a 2nd time.

2. Last relaxer 3-9-04

3. I have no plans to do the big chop

4. Description of hair - I would say that I have a few textures. I know for sure that my hair is kind of fuzzy, like &#39;cotton&#39; in the back. Everything else is tightly coiled, needs LOTS of conditioner!

5. Length of hair - relaxed hair is to the end of my neck, in layers. I think I have about 1.5 inches of new growth.

6. Prefer to be contacted by email: blackcoffee_003@yahoo.com

Right now, I&#39;m doing braidouts. I&#39;m looking for someone to put in 2-strand twist so I can have a break from doing my hair. I really want to transition for as long as possible. I need a little help and encouragement so I stay on the transitioning track and not go back to the creamy crack!

zaysbaby
06-18-2004, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by DivineSpirals@May 31 2004, 08:59 AM
I would like to post as a "veteran" who would like a mentee who has or is willing to abandon product junky-ism :) and doesn&#39;t mind discussing going natural as a mental/spiritual transition.

1. Status of Your Hair Journey - Completely napptural
2. How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural - transitioned March 1999 - Dec 1999
3. Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop&#39; - Yes...cut off about 15 inches after I had grown about 4 inches of napptural hair
4. When you became completely Napptural - December 1999
5. Description of your hair - combination hair. Pretty loose kink pattern overall. Not very much shrinkage. Very thick and wirey (strands are wide and flat) with a high natural sheen. Small kinks at the temples, frizzy-straight at the crown and coily in the back
6. Length of your hair - shoulder length when in twists, shoulder-blade length when blow-dried semi-straight and cornrowed
7. Preferred method of contact - PM here at Nappturality, yahoo messenger: kh_art, or e-mail
Please adopt me!

1. I am transitioning
2. Last perm March 04 (Easter) 3 months
3. Haven&#39;t B.C. yet (Very tempting though)
4. Haven&#39;t become completely napptural yet
5. Hair Type? Kitchen-fuzzy (lol), Top/sides-wavy
6. Shoulder length hair 1 1/2 natural hair & the rest are permed ends (ugh)
7. Preferred method - email: mskirklin@yahoo.com

sugahBmocha
06-20-2004, 08:18 PM
Hello to all my Fellow Natural Sistahs.
I&#39;m a 17yr old looking for an adopti to help me with the transitioning journey.

1. Im in the transitioning process.

2. I have been without a perm since the ending of May. So I guess thats about a month.

3. No, I havent done the BC yet. I want to transition for a year and then do the BC.

4. In a year or so I will Napptural all the way.

5. I think im about a nappy. I have thick, cottony, dry hair.

6. Contacting me here on Nappturality is cool. Yahoo: brownsugahkira Email: jesslove_01@hotmail.com

Truly
06-24-2004, 08:57 PM
Hello everyone! I hope someone sees this since I&#39;m on like the 15th page here :) My name is Truly and I look forward to being adopted by anyone willing to help me through this transition into a new lifestyle.

I have been transitioning for about 3 months now and I plan on doing so for a while. Even though there are days that I want to just give in and do the BC, I know I don&#39;t like how I look with short hair. I am learning a very valuable lesson about patience here 8) I don&#39;t know my hair type, but I do know that it is thick. Very thick. So thick that it scares me sometimes,lol. Actually just the very crown of my head is like that and all around the edges and such is just wavy. It frizzes out very quickly when brushed or combed though. I have about an inch of new growth right now but in all my hair is about 7 inches long. Anyone who is willing to adopt me and hold my hand through the frustration of transitioning, I welcome you with open arms! The most effective way to reach me is to send me an e-mail to detroitlegends@hotmail.com and/or to IM me on MSN with the same addy. Thank a lot! :thumbsup

MsNaNa
06-24-2004, 09:27 PM
Hello everyone. I really do hope people are still reading this post because I must be at the very end of all the ones that are already on here. I would so love to have myself a mentor becuase God knows I need it.Ok here it goes...

1. I&#39;m transitioning

2. I have been transitioning for 6 months now.

3. I have not yet done the Big Chop, I am trying to wait it out until I feel
it&#39;s time.

4. I guess in about a year or year and a half i should complete my naptural journey.

5. My hair type so far has been fuzzy and coily. Very little shrinkage. My hair relaxed was very thin and was shoulder length.

6. Contact either by PM or by email: nelsont03@yahoo.com

Thanks !

citta
06-25-2004, 07:53 AM
transition

april, 2004

intend to transition for 10 months atleast

at the end of the year

not yet sure
i don`t know since i`m wearing braids

pm on the board

ToyaS
06-25-2004, 02:11 PM
Hi all! I hope there are still mentors available.

I am in transition. My last relaxer was in March 2004. I&#39;m not quite sure what my natural texture is yet...I haven&#39;t seen it since I was 8 :violin , but I&#39;m excited to find out! Right now, my hair is a little past my shoulders in length. I think I&#39;ll transition for a year, but I&#39;m not sure. I&#39;m doing this for myself...I&#39;m in the process of learning to love the real me...hook, line and kinkier! My husband is very supportive and I&#39;m happy to be doing this now, so that as my daughter grows I can teach her to love herself naturally!

I live in Baltimore, MD (if that matters any). The best way to reach me is email: caramel3078@yahoo.com.

Scrills
06-25-2004, 08:06 PM
I am be no means a vet, but I am willing to help. I need to use my product junkyism to help someone else.

I&#39;ve been reading the people are not responding to this topic as much anymore, so I&#39;m here to help.

1. Status of Your Hair Journey - Completely Napptural

2. How long have you been Transitioning or Napptural - Last relaxer May 2003

3. Whether or not you did &#39;The Big Chop&#39; - transitioned for 12 months

4. When you became completely Napptural - May 2004

5. Hair Typeand/or Description - very wavy (S-shaped curl), 4 a

6. Length of your hair - 5-6 inches

7. Preferred method of contact (email, pm on the board)

alliyah4eva
06-26-2004, 11:58 AM
helllo all. newbie here in need of a veteran&#39;s help.
transitioning

1 week

will be doing the big chop in 12 weeks

chin length relaxed hair with about 1/4 inch of new growth. thin/ fine nappy cottony texture. not very tightly coiled.

7. Preferred method of contact (i.e email, Yahoo IM..etc.
pm&#39;s or email at alliyah4eva2003@yahoo.co.uk

AJoyrnee
06-26-2004, 12:27 PM
LOL

I am JUST now reading thsi post and it&#39;s off tha chain!!! WOW!!!

Kudos to everyone!

I would LOVE to help anyone.

I&#39;m not a newbie, but I don&#39;t consider myself a vet either!!

My hair is
1) completely natural
2) been transitioning since fall of 2000
3) I did the Big Chop :-) And was still as fly as eva!
4) Completely natural in May 2001
5) super thick hair, color-treated, and tightly kinky
6) not sure how long it is but when twisted in tiny twists, it dangles (when it&#39;s fresh) at my shoulder
7) Preferred method of contact: AJoirnee@aol.com, AOL IMs, or through NP PMs :-)

Looking forward to sharing with my new Newbie :-)

AJoyrnee

blaquessence
06-26-2004, 01:24 PM
Hello nappturals,
I&#39;m up for adoption also.
Q1. I am completely natural now, my last relaxer was October 2003.
Q2. I guess I&#39;ve been natural for about 7months
Q3. I kinda did a semi-gi chop in Mar 04
Q4. May 04 I got rid of all the permed ends and became all natural!!
Q5. Don&#39;t really know how to describe it, I know the back is very kinky and shrinks alot while the front is less curly with waves???
Q6. I&#39;m guessing 4-5 although I have braids now, hopefully when I take them off it&#39;ll be 6 inches
Q7. You can email/PM me from this site
Thank you,
looking forward to a mentor because I need styling tips bad this is the shortest I&#39;ve ever had my hair and I am just now learning to cornrow.

SweetCurls
06-26-2004, 05:08 PM
Newbie interested in any advice a veteran is willing to give. I am looking for a mentor to help me care for my natural
1. Status : Transitioning
2. How long: 4 mths (July 9th)
3. &#39;The Big Chop&#39;: Not yet. Trying to transition for a year
4. Hair Typeand/or Description: Mostly nappy SO, nappy in the back
6. Length of your hair : About 3.5 in new growth, 4/5 in relaxed.
7. Preferred method of contact : PM, Perferrably email

guchee50
06-26-2004, 07:23 PM

How long: 3 years( since may 2001)

Hair Type: nappy, nappy ( tight, curly kinky)

Leghth of hair: about 7 inches

Contact me either Pm, or email

I would love to help. I&#39;m a hairdresser, and I work only with natural hair. I make exceptions for those who are transitioning to natural, or who want a break from daily styling. I&#39;ve natural for a while, and I&#39;ve learned alot by trial and error:( but I got through it, and hope that I can help someone from making the same mistakes that I made.

Melishous
06-27-2004, 02:56 AM
even though i&#39;ve been natural for ALMOST a year, i still feel lost, alone and like a newbie.

1. completely natural
2. started transitioning sept 03
3. BC Dec 03
4. Feb 03
5. high curl definition in most places, very thin & straight on top. i&#39;m attempting to grow it out now and i have NO idea what to expect or styles to try being that it&#39;s very thin on top but very curly in the back!
6. i&#39;ve kept my hair pretty short, since Dec 03..maybe 4 inches now tops?
7. Preferred method of contact: BitterMeli@knology.net

Blacbuttafly
06-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Blacbuttafly here. Just joined the Napp site today. Here goes: -

1. May 15th, 2004 was my last relaxer so i am a newbie transitioner - again - will explain lata!

2. Just a little ova a month

3. Still got a little perm on ends but i am soon chopping - i think as i haven&#39;t yet decided whether umma braid it for a bit.

4. Will be completley natural in about 3 months

5. My hair type is thick and course. Not too course but medium.

6. It is short now.

The true story is that 7 years ago i did the natural role- for 2 years and my hair grew just below my shoulders - WOW!! i got a little tired of handling it and so I put a texturizer in it. The texturizer broke off my hair- I had patches throughout- i was not impressed plus i was pregnant with my son and that could have attributed to the problem. Any way - i cut it back off short and tried again - and failed after 4 mths - then did it again and failed after about 6 mths. Well this time i want it back -SO!! i try again. in the past i neva got braids or anything. This time umma try the braid thing for a quick minute - but any advise is good when it comes to that. Thanks.

spygirl
06-28-2004, 04:17 AM
hola-
i am a nervous transitioner (decided that today, though i havent relaxed it since march or april).
big chop- nope
my hair type is VERY coarse (i actually broke a relatively weak comb :D ) and tends to dry out very easily. the straight part of my hair is damaged with spit ends and breakage.
all in all, my hair is chin length at its longest, so like 5-6 inches? ive got maybe 1/2 an inch of new growth, seems to be shrinking up a lot.
please pm me here or shoot an email to spygirl@dollfacepunk.every1.net

thanx...

id like try a straw set or something but im not talented in cosmetology and im a broke student! also another hang up i have is im into rock music- thus a desire to shake my hair every once in a while. i CANNOT, WILL NOT do dreads (no offense), so what should i do? buy a wig? LOL help please!!!

shelek
06-28-2004, 08:35 PM
Hey. I&#39;m a newbie looking for a mentor. Althoug I&#39;m looking forward to transitioning, I&#39;m a little nervous. Hope someone out there is willing to guide me through the process.

2. How long?: Technically just starting, but last relaxer Mar 04
3. BC?: Not yet.
4. When completely Napptural?: Would like to transition til Mar 05
5. Hair Type: Been awhile since I&#39;ve seen my natural hair, but it&#39;s fine & coarse.
6. Length: Relaxed, my hair is chin length at it&#39;s longest
7. Please contact with PM or email smmr_rain@yahoo.com

Thanks

springlady77
06-28-2004, 09:52 PM
Hello. I&#39;m new and here is my info:

1. Transitioning
2. 6 weeks (very new to this and a little timid about the process, but excited!)
3. No big chop yet
4. Within the next month or two I plan to be completely Napptural. I will be getting braids in my hair and after that I plan to have the relaxed part cut off.
5. I used to wear my hair short so the back is already napptural. The texture is tight curls and thick.
6. My hair is currently still very short.
7. Please contact me at springlady477@yahoo.com

I&#39;ve thought about this many times, but this is the first time I&#39;ve gotten up the courage to do it. Any and all support is welcome!!! :)