PDA

View Full Version : Went To The Dermatalogist And .....

ladymiracles
07-26-2006, 04:54 PM
He said I have seborrheic dermatitis and he prescribed me Nizoral shampoo and a cream. He also said I need to wash my hair frequently. He then checked the bald/thin spot and said it will grow back, and told me to just leave that area alone and follow everything he gave me. I asked him if I could daily massage that area and he said yes. I thought he was going to do a biopsy, but he just looked at it and said it will grow back. I really hope it does because there is no way I can cover this up with the big chop, that's why I haven't done it yet. :(

I'm really trying be patient but I cant even braid that area nor can I put too much tension around there. So what can I do? What can I apply to speed up the process. I did the rosemary and jojoba oil but I haven't really saw any progress. Also is Nizoral a good shampoo? Did it help with seborrheic dermatitis. Thanks

qpdoll
07-27-2006, 10:42 AM
Nizoral is a great shampoo. Where is the area of the bald spot and how large is it? Depending on the area, maybe you can cover it with headbands or wear headwraps until it grows out. Hair growth takes patience, so as long as you follow the dr.'s instructions and continue with the massage, you should begin to see results.

ladymiracles
07-28-2006, 12:40 PM
The spot is in the middle of my head. Do you know if I can use a deep conditioner after using Nizoral shampoo? I used it today and my hair looks dry. My scalp feels okay, but I'm not going to lie I was nervous using this stuff because I didn't want it to do any damage, but thanks for your help though.

beedeeb
08-01-2006, 10:10 PM
I just wanted to suggest massaging your scalp w/ castor oil (the one from the drugstore is fine). Female baldness runs in my family. Both of my aunts have this condition and one decided to follow my advice and we massaged castor oil on her scalp, every other night for about 6 months. The area was smooth and bald when we started but now, the area is well covered and she has gained some length. It was just a matter of rubbing my hands together to make the oil warm and massaging the scalp for about 2 minutes, every other night.