PDA

View Full Version : Nappylocs- New Book!

happynnappy
01-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Hi Ladies and Gents!

Back for a minute. Just wanted to let you know the consumer edition is on line. It's simpler and it has a few techniques for wavy to straight hair.

What are Nappylocs ?
Nappylocs are locks started with a tool from start to finish. You can make the locks any size you choose from really thin to the phat natties.
The technique allows you to shampoo from day without the aids of gels, waxes, etc. -in most instances. Stick straight hair can go the no gel route but you really have to pack the tangles and follow the care routine.

You may also use Nappylocs to maintain existing locs or locks started from coils, twist, braids, freeform and the rip and twist etc. The Nappylocs tool (patent pending) is sterling silver, hand wrought, or customized to your specific locks. Just include the diameter of your lock when you order.

The package includes a 40 page how to book, 1 standard tool, 1 dvd, and 4 oz size of the dreadz all natural shampoo. You can lock alone but it's best to have a friend.

Check out my sites http://www.nappylocs.com and http://www.mappynhappy.com

Thanks,
Deb
PS Thanks ladies for helping me to develop the straight hair portion.

toy
01-21-2004, 06:42 PM
right on time, Deb. i'm bumping this up for dewdrop!

Fansia
01-21-2004, 08:49 PM
hi deb,

I received the DVD, the tool, the book and the shampoo today
and i'm very pleased. Everything looks great. :thumbsup
The explanations in the book are very clear and the DVD is very helpfull.
I looove the tool. I have not used it yet since i have cut my locks but i'm planning to relock this summer & i know it's going to be very easy to use.

Thanks !

rockinlocs
01-21-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Fansia@Jan 21 2004, 04:49 PM
hi deb,

I received the DVD, the tool, the book and the shampoo today
and i'm very pleased. Everything looks great. :thumbsup
The explanations in the book are very clear and the DVD is very helpfull.
I looove the tool. I have not used it yet since i have cut my locks but i'm planning to relock this summer & i know it's going to be very easy to use.

Thanks !
First, congrats to Deb for getting the NEW book done! I'll still be contacting you about what we spoke about (if that's still alright)

But... :offtopic Miss Fansia...you CUT your locs off???

Why? What is going on with you and those locs?? Also, are you gonna Nappyloc 'em or Bodkin 'em? :razz

Nappilocs
01-21-2004, 08:58 PM
Congrats on your business. This is really cool! I may consider this when I grow my locs again. I am definitely will pass this along.

Fansia
01-21-2004, 09:06 PM
lol rockinlocs

Well i ordered both tools. I'm going to use the nappylocstool. The bodkin i ordered out of curiosity. Maybe i'll use both or use the bodkin on my mom's locks. :)

The reasons why i cut my locks
- my scalp was itching (never had that problem with my first locks)
- the state of my locks went downhill after using antilice shampoo
- some of them were thinbased i think because i had picked some of my locks loose and that thinned my loose hair out. I had combined 3 locks and it was still thinbased
- they were hugging too much
it was n't going smoothly :cen so i have a twa now. What a relief. All tho i don't think i have the face for it :-cre LOL i like it. :)

aquababie19
01-21-2004, 09:12 PM
i saw what you said about your twa in dreamyb's thread@ fansia. i bet your twa looks wounderful!

rockinlocs
01-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Wow...I'm sorry your locs went through all that! Well, I'm sure you look stunning with your TWA.

FreedomPlease
01-22-2004, 08:21 PM
Well, I have to add that I used the NappyLocks method and I love it. If you are looking for pictures check out my site (www.essenceofme.com). We turned 7 months a few days ago :bis and it's going great. I will be updating the pictures soon, since I am in the process of creating a nicer platform for my pictures.

Deb, I love the package deal. Good luck :thumbsup , and I will talk with you soon.

Also if anyone has question I would be glad to assist...I'm not an expert, just a satisfied customer.

And I must add that I am in :heart with my hair.

Fansia
01-22-2004, 10:32 PM
@aquababie & rockinlocs well my twa looks okay. I have to get used to it but i'm lovin it. :)

freedomplease your locks look great. I was at your site today looking for updates :) i'm glad you are going to update it. I'm following your yourney with much interest since my hair is short and i want to start with the same technique in about three months.

toy
01-22-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by FreedomPlease@Jan 22 2004, 02:21 PM
Well, I have to add that I used the NappyLocks method and I love it. If you are looking for pictures check out my site (www.essenceofme.com). We turned 7 months a few days ago :bis and it's going great. I will be updating the pictures soon, since I am in the process of creating a nicer platform for my pictures.

Deb, I love the package deal. Good luck :thumbsup , and I will talk with you soon.

Also if anyone has question I would be glad to assist...I'm not an expert, just a satisfied customer.

And I must add that I am in :heart with my hair.
FreedomPlease, i tried to take a look at your updates but none of the pictures are showing (just those little red x's).

marissasensei
01-22-2004, 11:17 PM
Hey Deb,

The site looks great. Love the model on the opening page's locs!

Can the tool be used to retighten sisterlocks, and if so, would you use the smaller size? I'm getting ready to take over my own loc maintenance, but the SL hook tool is just too unwieldy for my tastes.

Also, do you have plans to carry any more loc jewelry in the future? I remember you had some really nice stuff on your site, and then when I went back to check, it was all gone! :( :lol

sweetnes
01-23-2004, 07:57 AM
So starting dreads with Nappylocs would be totally different than starting with Bradelocz or Twists or anything like that?

I didn't get a good feel for how the process worked by looking at your website. Could you please go in to a bit more detail about how the Nappylocs process works?

sweetnes

happynnappy
01-23-2004, 09:09 AM
Hi Ladies,
Thanks for the compliments on the tool and etc. Can the tool be made smaller for the speghetti sized locs-yes. It can be made in a variety of sizes just specify speghetti sized locs in the comments section if you have SL.

The technique used to start the locs is different than braidlocs-however you can use the tool to maintain your braidlocs, twist, coils, etc. Some ladies use the tool to start the locks and others find it easier to start them with their fingers and finish with the tool. You women are pretty savvy when it comes to doing your hair.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Nappylocs, they are locks woven or braided in a reverse fashion from end to scalp. The locks initially look like skinny braids, then as they mature the look is very much like traditional locks-you can't tell the diference. You can swim etc, from day one.

With Nappylocs you can also choose the lock size that fits your style. .

If you have any questions, just post. I'll be online again this weekend.
Thanks,
Deb

Fansia
01-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by marissasensei@Jan 22 2004, 11:17 PM
Also, do you have plans to carry any more loc jewelry in the future? I remember you had some really nice stuff on your site, and then when I went back to check, it was all gone! :( :lol
Deb, you overlooked this question. :)

@sweetness, IMHO it kind of basically comes down to the same
if you like interlocking you can choose from all kinds of tools
the latchhook, the nappyloctool, the bodkin, the crochethook, a pencil, your fingers etc.

sweetnes
01-24-2004, 12:57 AM
thanks happyn and Fansia :)

sweetnes

happynnappy
01-25-2004, 04:41 PM
Hi Ladies,

I will do some hair jewels sometime in the spring...if all goes well. When I do I'll post it here first.
Thanks,
Deb

FreedomPlease
01-26-2004, 02:41 AM
[/QUOTE]
FreedomPlease, i tried to take a look at your updates but none of the pictures are showing (just those little red x's).[/QUOTE]
I just updated my pictures so take a look now...I don't know why that would happen. But I know some people had peoples because of their operating system that''s why I totally updated my hair section.

:blah Tell me what you think...

Fansia
01-26-2004, 10:56 AM
freedom your hair has progressed soooooooo beautifully !!
your 7 months pics remind me of my single twists (same size and amount) but they couldnot withstand much. That's why i'm excited
to try the nappylocs method.
And i really like your headgear !!
Your glasses look similar to mine too. :)

cleosimba
01-27-2004, 04:13 AM
I tried to go online to ourchase your book and it's sold out!!! When is the nest shipment?
Also what is the start lenght for this technique?

FreedomPlease
01-27-2004, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Fansia@Jan 26 2004, 04:56 AM
freedom your hair has progressed soooooooo beautifully !!
your 7 months pics remind me of my single twists (same size and amount) but they couldnot withstand much. That's why i'm excited
to try the nappylocs method.
And i really like your headgear !!
Your glasses look similar to mine too. :)
Thank you Fansia,

It's amazing with a little work, patience, and time can yield. :thumbsup

So when are you going to use your book? :coffee

Fansia
01-27-2004, 07:22 AM
march-april when my hair is a lil longer. :)

FreedomPlease
01-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Fansia@Jan 27 2004, 01:22 AM
march-april when my hair is a lil longer. :)
Keep me posted... :thumbsup

cleosimba
02-08-2004, 05:57 AM
Where can we find more pictures of people sporting this method??

More pics on the website would be cool too!!

Simplyloc
02-11-2004, 01:03 AM
Got my kit yesterday! Yeah!!
I am starting next month!!

thenewme
02-11-2004, 01:41 AM
:offtopic It is nice to see us (women of beautiful color) supporting each other as we take the same journey, some way out in front and some like myself just starting. This site accentuates the positive in a world that can be very negative. Especially toward your choice in hair styles.

Sorry, didn't mean to fall off the deep end but sometimes ya got to jump! :)

happynnappy
02-11-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by FreedomPlease@Jan 26 2004, 02:41 AM

FreedomPlease, i tried to take a look at your updates but none of the pictures are showing (just those little red x's).[/QUOTE]
I just updated my pictures so take a look now...I don't know why that would happen. But I know some people had peoples because of their operating system that''s why I totally updated my hair section.

:blah Tell me what you think... [/quote]
Hi,
I just wanted to say your hair is looking very nice! :thumbsup You are doing an excellent job. I am so proud of you :)

Things are winding up for the spring so I'll try and check in periodically so that I can see everyone's Nappylocs.
Thanks ladies,
Deb