PDA

View Full Version : Dandruff

mejayt
01-23-2004, 05:38 PM
I have been locing for about 3 months now. Every two weeks I wash and retwist with oil but recently I have been experiencing dandruff. does anybody have any suggestions about what I should do about this?

Tabbitha68
01-23-2004, 06:33 PM
Hi there,
I have one solution only
Aveda Scalp therapy. I love it!! :heart
It works wonderful
youll see results after the first week.
my scalp has been flake free for 3 weeks now.
Ive been telling every one about it. It cost eleven dollars and can be purchased at the Aveda store and I think online. The price may seem steep to you but IT WORKS!

nottyfreedom
01-24-2004, 12:10 AM
thanks...i'll try it too coz i dont think ive ever experienced dandruff to this degree while washing regularly and i dont really like washing weekly coz (for me) its doing too much too soon.

notty

W8N2XHL
01-24-2004, 03:13 AM
When I don't have dandruff shampoo, I do this trick. Take an aspirin or two and put it in your regular shampoo. The aspirin will eventually dissolve. You may have to adjust the amount of aspirins used. If you use too many, it can turn the shampoo runny. I'd suggest splitting the shampoo in smaller containers (like those traveler size bottles or OLD relaxer shampoo bottles that come in the box). Place one aspirin in these containers.

May daily olive oil and water spritz help too.

QueenLena03
01-24-2004, 03:22 AM
I used Aveda scalp therapy too and it works well.

nappynana
01-24-2004, 04:30 AM
Will a clarifying shampoo help?

Moca Med
01-24-2004, 07:47 PM
hello all, i also have :-? dry scalp and i would have to wash my hair weekly and kemi oil it after. try the hair spray from the sulfer 8 it works to keep your soft and itch free :duck

Jams
01-24-2004, 08:04 PM
I will try the asprin thing, today cause I gotta wash. Then I'll look into the Aveda Scalp therapy.
At this point I'm willing to try and pay just about anything if it'll help with my problem

Onelove25
01-26-2004, 07:56 PM
you can also try the apple cider vinegar rinse. I have the same problem and just tried it last night for the first time 'cause I heard that it works. It made my scalp tingle, which felt really good. we'll see if it keeps me flake free.

xotikloks
01-26-2004, 09:39 PM
I discovered a new shampoo and moisturizer that I LOVE. I have suffered with seborrea dermatitis for years and this has kept it at bay.

It's L'anza's Urban Elements: Remedy Shampoo and Daily Revitalizer. The revitalizer has a wonderful tingly feel. My scalp actually feels a little warm with it on. Those of you with itchy know that euphoria I'm talking about here. Whew!

Anyway, I accidentally came across this product line while perusing through Trade Secrets one day. I'm hooked.

Their website: www.lanza.com

I hope this helps.

locdeeva
02-03-2004, 12:21 AM
Someone must have been reading my mind. I have been suffering with an :-? :-? :-? for sometime now. I went to Wal-mart and purchased a dandruff shampoo cooling (equate brand) Afterwards, I sprayed my rosemary, lavender and oil oliver spritz on it. (I spray every other night) and so far, so good. I paid $2.63 for it. The other shampoos sounds as though they would work just as well. :thumbsup :lol :razz I just wanted to give you another alternative.

Peace

kenyalikimmie
02-05-2004, 10:56 AM
I tried something different when I had flakes. I wash my hair with clarifying EO lavander shampoo. Every other day I spritz my hair scalp with a mixture of distilled water, tea tree oil and rosemary oil. My hair is growing pretty fast and I have not had flakes in over 3 months. That is just my little reemedy....
tootles