PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a REALLY GOOD mosturizer

mslynx
03-02-2003, 08:03 PM
I'm a 4a with really spongy and dry hair that shrinks ever so fast. However, even though it soaks in water, products hardly soak within the hair roots either, no matter how much I brush it in. So I'm looking for a good hydrating mosturizer.

Oh and a good conditioner as well. :oops: any ideas?

Kandy
03-02-2003, 11:38 PM
I'm a 4a with really spongy and dry hair that shrinks ever so fast. However, even though it soaks in water, products hardly soak within the hair roots either, no matter how much I brush it in. So I'm looking for a good hydrating mosturizer.

hey mslynx...when I did the big chop my hair dry till a friend told me to try tropical dominican conditioner (wheat protein..) and now this product is my hair best friend! You should give it a try.

Kandy

Etcetera
03-03-2003, 01:29 AM

hey mslynx...when I did the big chop my hair dry till a friend told me to try tropical dominican conditioner (wheat protein..) and now this product is my hair best friend! You should give it a try.

Kandy

Hey, Kandy. Where did you purchase this product at?

Kandy
03-03-2003, 03:57 AM

Kandy

Hey, Kandy. Where did you purchase this product at?

in a store in montreal called beaute des antilles

chaka
03-03-2003, 04:01 AM
i am using elasta qp mango butter....i put it on while my heair is wet and it normally takes about 10-15 minutes to soak in...it is well worth it for me...because i was not having any success with anything else i was trying. with all the other products i was using my hair was dry and hard by lunch time...now it stays soft all day...and a little does go a long way.

Etcetera
03-03-2003, 04:40 AM
i am using elasta qp mango butter....i put it on while my heair is wet and it normally takes about 10-15 minutes to soak in...it is well worth it for me...because i was not having any success with anything else i was trying. with all the other products i was using my hair was dry and hard by lunch time...now it stays soft all day...and a little does go a long way.

Ok, Kandy. Thanks for replying.

Chaka, I haven't tried the mango butter yet, but I love their deep penetrating conditioner. I've found that it does a wonderful job at strengthening my strands. I use it once a week.

chaka
03-03-2003, 04:45 AM
yeah i use the intense conditioner once a week as well for my deep condition, works wonders for my hair...i can tell when i have skipped a week.

Etcetera
03-03-2003, 04:52 AM
yeah i use the intense conditioner once a week as well for my deep condition, works wonders for my hair...i can tell when i have skipped a week.

Lol. Exactly. It'll definitely let you know when you're slippin'. :lol:

Slim_E
03-03-2003, 05:27 AM
Deep conditioning is KEY!
I need to do it more often, cause I can feel when I haven't done it for a while, it's like my hair is screaming for it. :shock:

Etcetera
03-03-2003, 05:30 AM
Deep conditioning is KEY!
I need to do it more often, cause I can feel when I haven't done it for a while, it's like my hair is screaming for it. :shock:

What kind do you use, Slim?

winnie
03-03-2003, 10:12 AM

Amen! Preach it! I started using Elasta QP mango butter about two months ago and my hair absolutely loves it. It's all I use now. I buy it at wal-mart and they were out for about 3 days and I harrassed them so, the manager called me when they got a new shipment in! I like it b/c it's main ingredient is water. I feel as though the product junkie in me can finally relax...except that I'm dying to try one of that dominican avocado conditioner!

Alken41100
03-04-2003, 06:11 PM
VO5 Strawberry & Cream, Coconut Cream
Aussie Moist

mslynx
03-04-2003, 09:17 PM
I'm going to try some of these products and see if I get any results. The input was really helpful

*waves at etc! :lol: *

micarae
03-05-2003, 02:19 PM
Can anyone post the ingredients of the elasta mango butter...I have yet to find it anywhere. Ya'll know I just have to try it! :wink:

Naturaljoy
03-05-2003, 06:17 PM
Can anyone post the ingredients of the elasta mango butter...

Here you go...

Aqua (Purified water), squalane (olive oil derived), caprylic/capric triglyceride (coconut oil derived), peg-75 lanolin, behntrimonium methosulfate, hexadecanol, cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, mangifera indica (MANGO) seed butter, theobroma cacao (COCOA) seed butter, hydrolyzed silk, serica, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, fragrance, fd&c yellow no. 5 (CI 19140).

Whew....that's quite a list! :shock: But I still love the stuff and it smells great!

Dee Dee Russell
03-06-2003, 02:01 AM
@mslynx, you hair color is stunning, are those
twists extensions?

For moisture I use good ol' Parnevu T Tree leave in conditioner.

NappyGirl01
03-06-2003, 10:39 PM
@mslynx, you hair color is stunning, are those
twists extensions?

For moisture I use good ol' Parnevu T Tree leave in conditioner.

I too am digging this product and have no complaint what so ever.

Nappy