PDA

View Full Version : Bugg Eyed

AngelNappy
01-27-2004, 07:37 PM
Ok since I travel on the train to get to class 4 days a week, and I take the bus to work just about everyday, I see different people all the time! So why is it that EVERYBODY seems to be staring at my hair! :rainfro <----- you would think this is how I&#39;m walking around, but these Women, Men, Children< grandmas, grandpas&#39; just everybody give me the bugg eyed look. Its not bad that people look at me hair, bc I knew this was going to happy eventually, but why does it seem like the view starts at my hair, and then travels down to the rest of me, inspecting my pants, jacket, shoes, bookbag, anything in plain sight! It seems like they&#39;re checkin to see if I&#39;m wearing socks too! Sometimes I feel like a side show act! :pop This is truly annoying!!![/I]

AfrikaIzin_My_Hair
01-27-2004, 09:45 PM
I find that people usually look at you like that to try to figure out what kind of person you are. They see the hair, they&#39;re interested, so they want to try to get a feel of what you&#39;re about. I wouldn&#39;t stress about it.

carlaw78
01-28-2004, 08:58 AM
Angel just try to brush it off, I know its hard. My black supervisor says ignorant comments to me weekly, at first I would get really angry about it, but now I just take it in stride and blame it on his ignorance. Anywho, if I were you I just stare right back at them, not in a challenging way, just the way they are looking at you. U never know, they might find you captivating and just can&#39;t take their eyes off of you

Dolliesdaughter
01-28-2004, 02:40 PM
Sometimes people are looking at you sometimes not. You could be a little self conscience about your hair. When I wore a fade and when I started wearing mini twist I sort of felt like that then I realized some of that was in my head.

AngelNappy
01-29-2004, 04:42 AM
Maybe so, My friend was trying to figure why people were looking, when I explained it to her. I might just be self conscience about it bc this is a change for me. But whatever the case they usually turn their heads once I catch them staring. How bout today somebody said to me, bc I said I don&#39;t drink soda "What you tryna be all self righteous? you stopped perming your hair, now you ain&#39;t drinking soda?" I just looked at her and shook my head

knwill
01-29-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by AngelNappy@Jan 29 2004, 12:42 AM
Maybe so, My friend was trying to figure why people were looking, when I explained it to her. I might just be self conscience about it bc this is a change for me. But whatever the case they usually turn their heads once I catch them staring. How bout today somebody said to me, bc I said I don&#39;t drink soda "What you tryna be all self righteous? you stopped perming your hair, now you ain&#39;t drinking soda?" I just looked at her and shook my head
Angelnappy, that is sooo crazy...she just feels like your natural self is an indictment of her non-naturalness. So, she just threw that soda thing in there to be hurtful. :rolling

knwill
01-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Oh I also wanted to add that some might be staring because they want to be like you. :)

I know that one time I almost followed this girl on the Metro that had the most beautiful dreads...i just wanted to immerse myself in her wonderful aura! :)

knwill :heart

Onelove25
01-29-2004, 08:43 PM
Sometimes I stare at natural headed people, especially women, because I admire them or I am intrigued by their beauty or I&#39;m just admiring their hair.

AngelNappy
01-30-2004, 04:21 AM
Angelnappy, that is sooo crazy...she just feels like your natural self is an indictment of her non-naturalness. So, she just threw that soda thing in there to be hurtful

<span style=\'color:purple\'>Yeah I couldn&#39;t understand for the life of me why she said that, and then I thought maybe it was how I was coming off to people. Like one of those know it alls :doh Like "you shouldn&#39;t eat this its bad for you, or you shouldn&#39;t drink that it gives you hives" but I really try not to be that way with people, bc I&#39;m not one to force my opinions on others. Its so much negativity though, even my older sis joked around and said oh what you lauryn hill now, cuz I told her I don&#39;t eat beef. Don&#39;t get me wrong, she&#39;s not always negative but sometimes her jokes aren&#39;t called for. But the other girls at work are starting to annoy me, and at one point I kinda thought my hair looked bad cuz she said "what the hell did you do to your hair girl" It took all of my being to smile and say I tried something new so what! This is all so new to me and It&#39;s not as easy as I thought!</span>