PDA

View Full Version : Kanye...

Fauryn78
01-27-2004, 11:28 PM
aaaand how about I didn't know this brotha could sing!

I wasn't at all pressed about buying his album (assuming he has one out)

sooooo what song was that I heard the other night???

I was impressed...and I KNOW someone in here has to know what I'm talkin' about.... Come on music heads....

I have no idea what the words are...I just know he was saaangin'...and I thought I heard wrong when they said it was Kanye West...I mean this was like a real slow jam and not just a hook...

ok I'm done....

somebody tell me the name of the song.

Sunchild
01-27-2004, 11:33 PM
KANYES ALBUMMMMMMMM IS FIRE FIRE FIRE!

A fresh breath to rap. He is totally talking about some real stuff.

Check out the Song of the Moment in my signature for one of his tracks.

I dont know what song that was. I am going thru the tracks now to see if I can find it.

napster
01-27-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by afrikankween@Jan 27 2004, 07:33 PM

I dont know what song that was. I am going thru the tracks now to see if I can find it.
yup.A breath of fresh air on a genre of music whose roots have almost been forgotten .

Afrocentric
01-28-2004, 12:10 AM
can someone tell me where i can find at least some snippets if not a preview of his cd??...it feels like i've been waiting for ever for him :pop

Fauryn78
01-28-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by afrikankween@Jan 27 2004, 08:33 PM

ok..i havent even heard the whole song yet...but i'm lovin it already because he sampled Lauryn...lol

Afrocentric
01-28-2004, 12:26 AM
i just listened to "self conscious" on your site kween and all i have to say is... :heart IN IT!!!! i knew i wouldn't be disappointed :app .

marissasensei
01-28-2004, 12:45 AM
I love "Through the Wire" and the song on AK's site. Can't wait for his album to come out. Feb. 10, baby!

Sunchild
01-28-2004, 12:52 AM
His album isnt out yet?!?!?

Funny I have the whole thing :lol

Sunchild
01-28-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Afrocentric@Jan 27 2004, 09:26 PM
i just listened to "self conscious" on your site kween and all i have to say is... :heart IN IT!!!! i knew i wouldn't be disappointed :app .
Check my sig for a new song tomorrow, because Kayne will be my SONG OF THE MOMENT tomorrow as well.

*SupaSista*
01-28-2004, 02:06 AM
a.k.
that song is HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT LIKE FYYYYYAHHHHH....

Afrocentric
01-28-2004, 04:22 AM
lol...don't be so hateful kween...hook ya girl up with the whole thing...or can you feature him for 14 days or however long the cd is**cheesin' hard and giving kween the eyes**...lol. :razz

Geminibrown78
01-28-2004, 09:58 AM
I'm really digging him

tjolims
01-28-2004, 12:39 PM
:offtopic How is his first name pronounced?

And his album is supposed to drop this month--it's called "College Dropout".

Sunchild
01-28-2004, 01:06 PM
I changed the song......

Tjolims

its pronounced

Con-yay

If you listen to the song in my sig you can hear it how its said.

Sunchild
01-28-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Afrocentric@Jan 28 2004, 01:22 AM
lol...don't be so hateful kween...hook ya girl up with the whole thing...or can you feature him for 14 days or however long the cd is**cheesin' hard and giving kween the eyes**...lol. :razz
lol

Nope cant feature him for 14 days, black history month is coming up, and even tho his album is pretty clean, some songs I wouldnt post here because of the lyrics. I dont want someone tattle telling.

But if you hit me up on AOL instant messenger and you have HI SPEED internet, I might be able to do a lil suffin suffin.

MuthaErth
01-28-2004, 04:28 PM
i LOVED the song of the day yesterday, gettin ready to blaze the new jawn (that's right i said JAWN *it's a philly thing 8) ) cause kween be bringing da HEAT :app

LuvJones
01-28-2004, 04:38 PM
Waiting for the album to get over here...he's such a chocolate cutie....

LJ

Inspired
01-28-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by LuvJones@Jan 28 2004, 05:38 PM
Waiting for the album to get over here...he's such a chocolate cutie....

LJ

Yes, I second that!!! His album is smart, fresh and surprisingly political.

I love Kanye. I got a chance to see him perform in Philly a few weeks ago. The boooouuuuyyy ( :lol @ mutha earth, It's a philly thing) is hot to death.

A friend of mine gave me the bootleg SHHHHHHHH (No, I'm not proud of myself, but I sure wasn't gonna pass it up.) :lol. I could do without a few tracks, but overall, it's a winner.

Dreamyb
01-28-2004, 09:36 PM
fauryn, i think the track you're describing is called fall down something like that *shrug* he chopped up lauryn's unplugged joint right? at least that's what i thought i heard. i heard it on some cd my mayne had.

thanks ak for the heads up on kanye. i will be getting that one 2night bey bey (j) :lol

goldenhoney
01-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Can't wait for his album to drop. When I heard his line on "Slow Jamz" about MJ and the fake diamonds, I laughed! The first time I can remember laughing at a rap song because the rapper said something witty instead of pathetic.

Sunchild
01-28-2004, 10:36 PM
IF you have AOL instant messenger and HI SPEED internet(sorry dialupers)and want the "inside scoop" ;) just hit me up.

Fauryn78
01-28-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Dreamyb@Jan 28 2004, 06:36 PM
fauryn, i think the track you're describing is called fall down something like that *shrug* he chopped up lauryn's unplugged joint right? at least that's what i thought i heard. i heard it on some cd my mayne had.

thanks ak for the heads up on kanye. i will be getting that one 2night bey bey (j) :lol
yeah that was the song AK had on her signature line yesterday...

I'm still tryin to find out the name of the other song I heard on the radio on sunday....

I might have to call the radio station about this one... :-?

Sunchild
01-28-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Fauryn78+Jan 28 2004, 07:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fauryn78 @ Jan 28 2004, 07:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dreamyb@Jan 28 2004, 06:36 PM
fauryn, i think the track you&#39;re describing is called fall down something like that *shrug* he chopped up lauryn&#39;s unplugged joint right? at least that&#39;s what i thought i heard. i heard it on some cd my mayne had.

yeah that was the song AK had on her signature line yesterday...

I&#39;m still tryin to find out the name of the other song I heard on the radio on sunday....

I might have to call the radio station about this one... :-? [/b][/quote]
Please do that, I am interesting in knowing. Because none of the songs on his cd sound like what you described.Check out my sig, for more kanye.

paulita425
01-28-2004, 11:26 PM
Does Kanye have a song called I Use To Love You? Do you think that may have been the song u heard? He talks about going thru the fire for a girl, maybe he should rob somebody, live like whitney and bobby? Its a man I am not sure if it is Kanye or not though.

Jamilla
01-28-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by MuthaErth@Jan 28 2004, 01:28 PM
i LOVED the song of the day yesterday, gettin ready to blaze the new jawn (that&#39;s right i said JAWN *it&#39;s a philly thing 8) )
That is such the Philly word. They used to have shirts that said Philly Jawn when they used to do Tasty Treats at Filo&#39;s. I wanted one so bad. I almost bought one but the shirts were one size and I&#39;m a THICK JAWN. 8)

I rarely buy rap CDs, but Kanye is definitely on the list. His production credits alone were enough to make me look twice at homey. I&#39;m not really feeling Slow Jamz though. I thought it was one of those joke songs at first because Jaime Foxx and Aisha Tyler were in it. His lines in it are kind of funny though.

Fauryn78
01-29-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by paulita425@Jan 28 2004, 08:26 PM
Does Kanye have a song called I Use To Love You? Do you think that may have been the song u heard? He talks about going thru the fire for a girl, maybe he should rob somebody, live like whitney and bobby? Its a man I am not sure if it is Kanye or not though.
you know.............for some reason that sounds kinda familiar......hmmm....

but I really don&#39;t know..... I&#39;ll have to check....

Fauryn78
01-29-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Jamilla+Jan 28 2004, 08:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jamilla @ Jan 28 2004, 08:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MuthaErth@Jan 28 2004, 01:28 PM
i LOVED the song of the day yesterday, gettin ready to blaze the new jawn (that&#39;s right i said JAWN *it&#39;s a philly thing 8) )
That is such the Philly word. They used to have shirts that said Philly Jawn when they used to do Tasty Treats at Filo&#39;s. I wanted one so bad. I almost bought one but the shirts were one size and I&#39;m a THICK JAWN. 8)

I rarely buy rap CDs, but Kanye is definitely on the list. His production credits alone were enough to make me look twice at homey. I&#39;m not really feeling Slow Jamz though. I thought it was one of those joke songs at first because Jaime Foxx and Aisha Tyler were in it. His lines in it are kind of funny though. [/b][/quote]
:offtopic Awww..filo&#39;s...... :offtopic

Sorry ladies... :razz

Dreamyb
01-29-2004, 04:51 PM
ok, i got this one last night and so far two words is my song :cow:

i love the choir in the background not to mention mos and free.

overall, i think it&#39;s decent.

CocoaButterflyy
01-30-2004, 12:16 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to Afrikankween!! the cd is really good

Sunchild
01-30-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by CocoaButterflyy@Jan 29 2004, 09:16 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Afrikankween!! the cd is really good
no prob

*SupaSista*
01-30-2004, 08:17 PM
i wonder how much Kanye had to pay miss hill for sampling her song... on the cd i do believe that is Syleena Johnson {that woman can SANG!!!} singin&#39; the hook tho&#39;.. he prolly had to pay ole&#39; lauryn a GREAT deal of cash....

LotsOfLocs
01-30-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by naturalme22@Jan 30 2004, 04:17 PM
he prolly had to pay ole&#39; lauryn a GREAT deal of cash....
Not if she sampled it.

wildkiki
01-30-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by afrikankween+Jan 27 2004, 08:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (afrikankween @ Jan 27 2004, 08:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Afrocentric@Jan 27 2004, 09:26 PM
i just listened to "self conscious" on your site kween and all i have to say is... :heart IN IT!!!! i knew i wouldn&#39;t be disappointed :app .
Check my sig for a new song tomorrow, because Kayne will be my SONG OF THE MOMENT tomorrow as well. [/b][/quote]
I hope your not bootlegging.

Cuz what do they say boys and girls, "We don&#39;t steal from the people we love"

Sunchild
01-30-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by wildkiki+Jan 30 2004, 06:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wildkiki @ Jan 30 2004, 06:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by afrikankween@Jan 27 2004, 08:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Afrocentric@Jan 27 2004, 09:26 PM
i just listened to "self conscious" on your site kween and all i have to say is... :heart IN IT!!!! i knew i wouldn&#39;t be disappointed :app .
Check my sig for a new song tomorrow, because Kayne will be my SONG OF THE MOMENT tomorrow as well.
I hope your not bootlegging.

Cuz what do they say boys and girls, "We don&#39;t steal from the people we love" [/b][/quote]
If I have the album and it hasnt come out yet, um yeah I am bootlegging. I have had his album for 2 months. I knowwwwwwwwwww you arent up in here telling someone what to do, I have read your threads, my bootlegging should be the last of your worries.

*SupaSista*
01-31-2004, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by afrikankween@Jan 30 2004, 07:06 PM
I knowwwwwwwwwww you arent up in here telling someone what to do, I have read your threads, my bootlegging should be the last of your worries.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :thumbsup

chocolategurl17
01-31-2004, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by afrikankween@Jan 31 2004, 12:06 AM

If I have the album and it hasnt come out yet, um yeah I am bootlegging. I have had his album for 2 months. I knowwwwwwwwwww you arent up in here telling someone what to do, I have read your threads, my bootlegging should be the last of your worries.

AAAHHHHHH snap. :thumbsup :lol

Dreamyb
01-31-2004, 07:36 PM
dayum kween don&#39;t hurt em&#39; (box

Fauryn78
02-02-2004, 03:02 AM
OK I&#39;M ALL HYPE NOW...

They just finished playing the song again... It is called I used to love you

The instrumentals are a lot like Talib Kweli&#39;s "Get By" (also by West)

so there you have it!

I am sooo diggin this song...

.......goes seaching the net to download this cut..... :tiptoe

Sunchild
02-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Fauryn78@Feb 2 2004, 12:02 AM
OK I&#39;M ALL HYPE NOW...

They just finished playing the song again... It is called I used to love you

The instrumentals are a lot like Talib Kweli&#39;s "Get By" (also by West)

so there you have it!

I am sooo diggin this song...

.......goes seaching the net to download this cut..... :tiptoe
That song isnt on his album.

Is he the only artist on the song?

Fauryn78
02-02-2004, 02:46 PM
Yeah it&#39;s just him....

LotsOfLocs
02-10-2004, 05:08 PM
I had a bootleg CD. I brought the album today and its a little different.

Sapphyyr
02-10-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by LotsOfLocs@Feb 10 2004, 01:08 PM
I had a bootleg CD. I brought the album today and its a little different.
I went looking for it about a month ago. I thought it was coming out earlier than what it did. Oh well. I bought the CD today as well and I must say I&#39;m not dissappointed. It&#39;s a breath of fresh air in hip hop and I&#39;m totally feeling Mr. Kanye...to death.

LotsofLocs, how do you compare the Bootleg to the "Store" copy? Which one is your fav?

LotsOfLocs
02-10-2004, 05:29 PM
My bootleg copy did not have Lauryn in the background on the song, All Falls Down. On my copy its an open Mike scenario that had more lyrics. I have to listen to the whole thing.

*SupaSista*
02-10-2004, 05:48 PM
i saw an interview with him last week.. and on another bootleg the lauryn hill version had the actual sample from her song...BUT ON THE ALBUM (the real one..) it&#39;s syleena johnson singing the hook...(when it all...all falls down...) i can&#39;t wait to go get it..i gotta wait until thursday...he said that he went through the ENTIRE album and re-did the whole thing so it would be different from the bootleg... smart guy... i think he just did the tracks over...he&#39;s a cool guy...i think that he is DEFINITELY what hip-hop needs right now... somebody who "keeps it real" in the TRUEST sense of the word....

*SupaSista*
02-10-2004, 05:50 PM
@lots of locs...
f.y.i.
the one on your cd is his live performance on Def Poetry Jam....you can see it on the net.. i think you have to go to roc-a-fella&#39;s website, maybe... someone sent it to me..when i get home i will post it, if i can find it....

didn&#39;t norah jones cd come out today too???

LotsOfLocs
02-10-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by naturalme22@Feb 10 2004, 01:50 PM
@lots of locs...
f.y.i.
the one on your cd is his live performance on Def Poetry Jam....you can see it on the net.. i think you have to go to roc-a-fella&#39;s website, maybe... someone sent it to me..when i get home i will post it, if i can find it....

Yea, my CD is different all together.

Sapphyyr
02-11-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by naturalme22@Feb 10 2004, 01:50 PM
didn&#39;t norah jones cd come out today too???
Yep :)

nastarual
02-11-2004, 03:47 AM
were ya&#39;ll trying to sleep on mr. west?? he let ya&#39;ll know he had something to say in the line from "through the wire"... "What if somebody from the Chi was ill got a deal on the hottest rap label around
But he wasn&#39;t talking bout coke and birds it was more like spoken word
Except he really putting it down
And he explained the story about how blacks came from glory
And what we need to do in the game"

i guess i&#39;m gonna have to get it. it&#39;s rare that i buy hip-hop, but he seems to have something to say.

China
02-11-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by afrikankween@Jan 28 2004, 01:52 AM
His album isnt out yet?!?!?

Funny I have the whole thing :lol
Me too. I bought it a week before Christmas.

I aint even know I got it early!

*SupaSista*
02-11-2004, 08:57 PM
where did u get it from???

word on the street is that the bootleg and the real one is different.....

but i am not too sure...so don&#39;t quote me...

ValleyOfDecision
02-11-2004, 10:00 PM
I&#39;ve been feelin&#39; "Slow Jamz" for a minute now. I&#39;m playing it right now off his website. This might be the first rap CD I&#39;ll buy (and not bootlegged) in years.

"She&#39;s got a light-skinned friend, look like Michael Jackson...
Got a dark-skinned friend, look like Michael Jackson..."

:lol :) :thumbsup

marissasensei
02-12-2004, 02:59 AM
I got this CD today, and I&#39;m loving it so far. It&#39;s so refreshing to listen to hip hop that actually makes me think. Even with the songs that didn&#39;t grab me at first (like Two Words), I liked them a lot more once I read the lyrics.

I get down for my grandfather who took my momma
Made her sit in that seat where white folks aint wanna us to eat
At the tender age of 6 she was arrested for the sit in
And with that in my blood i was born to be different
Now niggas can&#39;t make it to ballots to chose leadership
But we can make it to Jacob and to the dealership

Debonaire
02-12-2004, 03:12 AM
I also love the Kanye West CD but if you think this is refreshing you haven&#39;t heard anything. Ya&#39;ll need to get into more "underground rap" there is a HUGE world of music that doesn&#39;t get the props that it deserves because people don&#39;t look a certain way or refuse to make specific types of songs that focuses on shakin your tail feather or what ever have you.

I mean there are some QUALITY artist out there. Jean Grae, Brother Ali, Immotal Technique, Eyedea and Abilities, Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Mr.Dibbs....the list literally goes on and on. I&#39;d a die hard underground rap fan. I&#39;ve been to all of those artist concerts and I have their music stuck in every CD player in my house. You would not believe whats out there if you&#39;re looking for some "make you think" music.

Not only that but the artists are diverse, mentally and physically, but you just have to come with a open mind. They all have the common love of music and QUALITY music is what they produce.

marissasensei
02-12-2004, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by locksObrown@Feb 11 2004, 08:12 PM
I mean there are some QUALITY artist out there. Jean Grae, Brother Ali, Immotal Technique, Eyedea and Abilities, Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Mr.Dibbs....
Thanks for the recommendations! :thumbsup I will definitely be checking some of these folks out.

LotsOfLocs
02-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by marissasensei@Feb 11 2004, 10:59 PM
I got this CD today, and I&#39;m loving it so far. It&#39;s so refreshing to listen to hip hop that actually makes me think. Even with the songs that didn&#39;t grab me at first (like Two Words), I liked them a lot more once I read the lyrics.

Two Words is definetly one of my favorites.

LotsOfLocs
02-12-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by naturalme22@Feb 11 2004, 04:57 PM
where did u get it from???

word on the street is that the bootleg and the real one is different.....

but i am not too sure...so don&#39;t quote me...
I had an early released version. It had songs not on the CD. The songs that are on the CD have been mixed.

Fauryn78
02-13-2004, 01:05 PM
I&#39;m really feelin&#39; this CD also...but it&#39;s driving me crazy that I can&#39;t find this other song...Is it on a soundtrack or mix tape or something???

Somebody hit me up if you find it....

Jamilla
02-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Fauryn78@Feb 13 2004, 10:05 AM
I&#39;m really feelin&#39; this CD also...but it&#39;s driving me crazy that I can&#39;t find this other song...Is it on a soundtrack or mix tape or something???

Somebody hit me up if you find it....
Hey Fauryn, I don&#39;t think your boy was singing. I&#39;ve seen Kanye on BET the past week or so on 106th and Park 3 times (once on Prime) and on Rap City. When he performed Throught the Wire he tried to sing the hook :nohuh. He was on again with Twista and Jaime Foxx doing Slow Jamz and again he tried to sing some of the hook. I did hear a song that he did with Dwele, but I don&#39;t think it&#39;s Kanye singing on the song you heard. I mean boy is like on the verge of tone deaf.

When he was on Rap City he said that he redid a lot of the album because of the bootlegging. I&#39;ve heard the bootleg and the actual CD and I think I like the bootleg better.

Fauryn78
02-13-2004, 07:11 PM
hmmmm.....

ValleyOfDecision
02-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by marissasensei@Feb 11 2004, 10:59 PM

That verse is mad nice....

paulita425
02-13-2004, 07:20 PM
I am trying to find the song, I looked up his dicography on his website, and I dont see the song listed as him as the artist or producer, If it is not him then I wonder who it is?

*SupaSista*
02-14-2004, 03:02 AM
I GOT ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!