PDA

View Full Version : Shikakai, Amla Shampoo w/Reetha

ByHis Grace
01-23-2003, 03:50 PM
I visited the local Indian Grocery and got some
Shikakai, Amla Shampoo w/ Reetha. Cost $3.49 12oz

Good stuff.. I usually am a no poo...but this is a herbal shampoo.

I am going to do a google search to make sure it does not contain the SL

since no ingrediants were listed on the bottle.

Tibard
01-24-2003, 05:39 PM
Byhis Gracie:

Thanks for continuing this tread from the old site, I think we're exploring new territory and welcome all of the interest generated by this topic. I'm going to transfer my last message from the old site to answer questions from Midoria in the event she is on the new site:

Midoria:
I think adding the shikaiki to your shampoo would work fine, tell us how it turns out. I think we're all in the experimental stage when it comes to this herbal/ayurvedic field. Good luck with it. GettingThere: thank you for the insight about not boiling the herbs, perhap that's why the shikaiki/amla mix didn't work after my hot oil treatment last week. I poured the herbal water mix through my hair expecting the oily residue to go but my hair still felt oily after I rinsed it. I'll try it again another time. I'm going to stick with the Indian Herbal shampoo (nyle) for now, It has Tulsi and Amla in it and I don't have to mix anything. All in all Ladies, I'm liking this Shikaiki/amla/aritha Ayurvedic approach. Mind you, I'm still in the experimental stage with it but I can tell you from three outings, my hair is softer, feels stronger during the washing phase and (as of the last comb-out) seems to reduce the numbers of hairs lost during the wet comb-out after shampoo/conditioning. I'm now looking for an answer to the dry ends I still have but I'm hopeful I'll find something because everything else with this natural approach seems to work.

ByHis Grace
01-25-2003, 02:05 AM
I went to my local Indian Grocer tonight and she was delighted in my interest for natural herbal shampoos/and health -beauty preps and was very helpful in reading the the other langauge to me.

I bought the box of powder Shikaiki (1.99 - 100g) and Neem
(1.99--100g) for the home facials & hair. I bought the
Vatika 150ml @ 2.99.

Thank you gettingthere for your educational post.

I appreciate it.

ByHis Grace
01-29-2003, 06:59 PM
bump;;

y'all don't know what ya' missin'... good stuff & natural

this and henna too !!

truepeace
01-29-2003, 10:13 PM
Hi ByHisGrace,

In my area I could not find the powders. I did find an Indian grocer and he had the Shikakai bar soap. It had the word Amla on it as well. Have you used this and is it the same as the method you use. Also I remember on the other post there were links to places online that sold these products. Do you have any links.

What do these products do for your hair? I am always in search of natural products but find that sometimes they do as well as the man made products. Thanks

Tibard
02-01-2003, 02:27 PM
Try www.indousplaza.com, they have a good selection. I've never tried the soap so I can't give a review on it. I've read the shikaiki and amla are also good for your skin so the soap may have dual purposes. :wink:

truepeace
02-01-2003, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the info and the link @Tibard

Maestradiva77
02-27-2003, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the info.