PDA

View Full Version : Prince on the Grammy's?

Aquadri
02-02-2004, 01:59 AM
I was just watching the little Grammys preview commercial and I swear I saw Prince. Now I've been listening to Prince all day so it may have been wishful thinking. Did anyone else see it?

nadia
02-02-2004, 02:06 AM
I've heard the same thing! This has been rumoring around the Prince sites pretty hard now, so I think there's something to it. I hope so. He needs to get back in the spotlight, and there's no better time than now given the retro 80s trend that's replacing the 70's one now.

Aquadri
02-02-2004, 02:23 AM
yea! I'll check the sites

NikNak
02-02-2004, 02:38 PM
It's a good possibility that he'll be there seeing as how he's nominated for the Best Pop Instrumental Album of the year. It would be good to see him back in public again.

Aquadri
02-02-2004, 07:00 PM
He's performing! I read it in the news. I can't wait.

nappdiva
02-02-2004, 07:55 PM
I already got my VCR ready (I don't have TiVo yet) :)

GoldyLocs
02-02-2004, 09:53 PM
Thanks for this thread! I love Prince and had no idea that the brotha would be performing....... It will be so good to see him again on stage where he belongs!

lnana
02-02-2004, 11:19 PM
Yeah it's been rumored that him and Beyonce are going to perform something together. I don't know what they will perform but I hope that it's hot.

Afrocentric
02-03-2004, 02:03 AM
i think if beyonce and prince do something together, i would love to hear "the beautiful ones". it may just be my all time favorite prince song or is it "darling nikki"...or "**** control" or "if i was your girlfriend"? at any rate, i would love to see him. feels like it's been decades...probably has been considering he's such a recluse. can't wait to see him!!

Aquadri
02-03-2004, 04:18 AM
NO NO NO! I hope Beyonce is nowhere near the stage when he performs. I HATED what she did to If I Was Your Girlfriend. I just want Prince in all his funkiness. I don't want it messed up. What can a newer artist do for Prince?
*Having a serious tantrum*

Wish I hadn't read that

Dolliesdaughter
02-03-2004, 12:52 PM
TLC did good when they did If I Was Your Girlfriend. I can't wait. I wish that I knew the specific time that he was coming on because I don't watch award shows.

macgirl
02-03-2004, 01:19 PM
Glad to see some Prince Fans here! Not only will he be performing at the Grammys, he will also perform at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction cermony in NY in March since he's being inducted :app . VH1 generally bradcasts the ceremony. I hope to see more of him or :gasp: a tour this year.

twisted
02-03-2004, 04:02 PM
the beautiful ones is one of my favorites, I can still see him singing it in Purple Rain

aquababie19
02-03-2004, 06:11 PM
naw not beyonce!

but i can't wait to see him sunday night!

jvenusdivine
02-03-2004, 11:17 PM
I didnt hear Beyonce's version of If I was Your Girlfriend...I am sure I would hate it. :doh TLC's was pretty good.

I was in Las Vegas for the weekend, and I saw Prince perform at the House of Blues. (yay!) I saw one of the dudes in the band later on, and he told me that Prince was indeed doing to Grammys.

Can't. Wait. :)

tamtam
02-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Grammy News (http://www.grammy.com/news/academy/2004/0204perfintroductions.aspx)

"Previously announced performances include Christina Aguilera, Beyoncé, the Black Eyed Peas, Jackson Browne, George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic, Chick Corea, Celine Dion, Earth, Wind & Fire, the Foo Fighters, Vince Gill, Emmylou Harris, Alicia Keys, Richard Marx, Dave Matthews, Martina McBride, OutKast, prince , Robert Randolph & the Family Band, Justin Timberlake, the Eagles' Timothy B. Schmit, Sting and Sean Paul, Billy Bob Thornton, Pharrell Williams, the White Stripes and Dwight Yoakam. "

nadia
02-05-2004, 12:32 AM
I think I read on another site that he'll also be playing some type of after party for the Grammys as well that night.

@ the person who saw him in Vegas at HOB:

I've seen photos of him online and he seems not to have aged one bit. Does he still have that incredible scream and voice? Does he still looks as if he's tricked time?

tamtam
02-09-2004, 12:06 AM
Speaking of Beyonce......lo - she was good though

Prince was HOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is still the ****

nadia
02-09-2004, 12:32 AM
PRINCE THREW DOWN!!! He is STILL the man and STILL looks good!!

Fauryn78
02-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Yay for Prince...but why did Beyonce have to be all in his shine... I mean she kicked it too...but it's so rare that we see prince...why couldn't he just do this one alone

Dolliesdaughter
02-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Prince is the ONLY man that I don't see having a problem with a perm.