PDA

View Full Version : "A Thing Called Love" by The Darkness

NikNak
02-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Has anyone else heard this song or seen the video? They're both so cheesy and irritating, that you can't help but like the song. Everytime I see the video, I'm thinking, "Is this a joke?" But in the same breath, I can't wait to see it again.

Dreamyb
02-02-2004, 04:53 PM
:lol i was singing along with this video yesterday. that cat goes too high for me but i always have fun trying.

*singin'* i believe in a thing called loooooooove

wth is up with the big thumbs up at the end? it adds an unecessary amount of cheddar to the video.

NikNak
02-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Dreamyb@Feb 2 2004, 11:53 AM
:lol i was singing along with this video yesterday. that cat goes too high for me but i always have fun trying.

*singin'* i believe in a thing called loooooooove

LOL, he sounds like he has his nuts caught in a vise grip, but I too sing along with it as well.

Vizion
02-02-2004, 11:24 PM
I love this song and video!

naPkinKoLa
02-03-2004, 04:45 AM
guitaaaaaaar! lol

I like it- it's real catchy!

Lolly
02-03-2004, 06:14 AM
Isn't the video hysterical??? It is sooo cheesy and what's up with that's guy's teeth??? He has like 68 teeth crammed up in his mouth. :-)

However I can't stop singing it. I told my DH about the video and when he saw it, he howled laughing. He said, "The video is irritating but you can't stop singing the song. It is so 80's"

Touching Yooooooooooooooou- Touching Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

LOL

*Thumbs up at the end of the video*

Freddie Mercury turning around in grave....

NikNak
02-03-2004, 02:26 PM
LMAO, I love the way the video starts off where they're at an arena concert and the lead singer goes..................

Lead singer to crowd: "Gimme a D!!"

Crowd: "D!!"

Lead singer: "Gimme an Arkness!!"

Crowd: "Arkness!!"

This has to be the funniest video so far this year. It's like Spinal Tap's b*stard child.

Dreamyb
02-03-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Lolly@Feb 3 2004, 02:14 AM

LOL

so, i wasn't the only one who thought of queen while watching this video? :lol

Lolly
02-04-2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Dreamyb+Feb 3 2004, 11:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dreamyb @ Feb 3 2004, 11:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Lolly@Feb 3 2004, 02:14 AM

LOL

so, i wasn&#39;t the only one who thought of queen while watching this video? :lol[/b][/quote]

I am glad to hear that Dreamyb. His posturing is soo reminiscent of Freddie Mercury. He&#39;s even got teef like Freddie Mercury!

Did anyone see the Xmas video by the Darkness? LMAO :lol

Seeing that fool with a big stocking cap on his head prancing about....brilliant!!!! It doesn&#39;t get much cheesier than that.

CrazeeDCoil
02-04-2004, 05:52 PM
I know!! I heard it and thought this must be a joke... and now I&#39;m humming the darn thing left and right. I fear that I might be becoming a fan...

Haven&#39;t gotten a chcance to peep the video in full though, I hear its pretty funny though... I do know that dude needs a serious haircut

Epiphany_Castro
02-05-2004, 02:38 AM
Love it!! It is so cheesy but they are really good musicians..I saw them on Conan O&#39;Brian,and they were hella tight!!!

systah
02-06-2004, 03:08 AM
i absolutely LOVE this song! and the video is great too. it&#39;s nice to see something other than t & a in videos!! :d)

systah
02-06-2004, 03:10 AM
ok, i need to check myself. the lead singer does show his assets in the beginning of the video, but i still love it. :duck