PDA

View Full Version : question about starting locs

Evolution19
02-03-2004, 08:49 AM
hey everyone

my question is, does your hair have to be short to start locs? I just did the BC in Dec and i want to wear my hair 'out' for a few years. Eventually I want to loc though. Will i have to BC again in order to start the process? or can i start locs from whatever length my hair is at the time? By the way, i want bradelocz or either really small locs started from twists. I'm not too sure on all the names of the different types of locs, i just know that i want them small to medium and cultivated.

thanks in advance

rockinlocs
02-03-2004, 10:48 AM
No, you can start your locs at whatever length you want...short or long.

Some off the top of my head who started locs with kinda long-ish hair:

Toy
Schiffon
QueenLena
LotsofLocs (I think)
Marissasensei (sorry if I spelled that wrong)

Prolly more, but that's all I could think of right off.

But point being, you can start with longer hair

LBellatrix
02-03-2004, 11:57 AM
Cherie forgot about me, but it's okay. ;)

I straightened my hair about a month before I began locking and overall the length varied from lip-length to just past shoulder-length.

I started with two-strand twists. I'm told that twists or braids are the best way to start locs if your hair is past a certain length or is a certain texture. But I could be wrong about that...

LotsOfLocs
02-03-2004, 01:11 PM
Like Rockin said, literally any length. You dont even have to have enough hair to twist. Just dont comb it.

kenyalikimmie
02-05-2004, 09:11 PM
I agree... you can start your locs in almost any length. I started mine with two strand twists and it has been 6 months now. I love them....

silkgirl2
02-05-2004, 10:37 PM
I agree with everyone, you can start your hair at any length and they all look wonderful.

QueenJahzara
02-06-2004, 10:30 AM
I started mine with my hair past my shoulder..
it has shrinked a bit

:heart