PDA

View Full Version : Crochet classes in New York!!

mahogani
02-05-2004, 03:18 AM
:razz
Hello everyone i would like to take some classes to learn how to crochet and knit does any know of a place in new york where i can learn this craft thanks..

FemmGranGwav
02-05-2004, 03:26 AM
:pop I need a class too. I'm on a tight budget so I also need a good price.

I wonder if anyone on Napp. would teach a class or two in the NY area??

flynppy
02-05-2004, 03:34 PM
Well there are many local yarn store’s (lys) in the city, and most of them if not all offer classes.
If they are too expensive we can always get together and practice. I do know how to knit and crochet! So that is a possibility.

Anyway these are some of the stores I know of:

Seaport Yarn
School Products
The Yarn Connection
The Yarn Company
KnitNewYork
KnittingHands
Smileys
P&S Fabric Corp.

I know there is more if you go to this website: www.jackie-blue.com (http://www.jackie-blue.com/knit/nycyarn.html), she has a list of yarn shops around the city with links and everything.

Anyway if you have any more questions just ask!

FemmGranGwav
02-05-2004, 04:05 PM
There's also this site Learn How to Crochet or Knit (http://www.stitchguide.com/stitches/crochet/stitch_pages/cro_chain.html) they have mini video's to demonstrate each stitch. I just keep having to play the dern thing over and over!! My stitch is way to tight, I don't know what I'm doing wrong!!

Mind you I can only do one chain (which is too tight) and I can't seem to get to do another chain!!

Starpearl
02-06-2004, 04:24 PM
FemmGranGwav, If you knitting is too tight try using a smaller needle. They are usually used for tight stitches. If you're crochet too tight, try loosening up the yarn around you finger.

I love to crochet, but I mostly do baby clothing. It's fast and easy.

FemmGranGwav
02-06-2004, 04:54 PM
oooohhh thank you Starpearl

sharynleigh
02-08-2004, 12:31 AM
I learned how to crochet on my own when I was a little girl. It isn't as difficult as knitting. There are a lot of how to books available in craft shops. I found one recently in Genovese. Start with something easy like a scarf and then tams. Once you have mastered this and understand how to increase, decrease and add yarn the rest is easy. It is a lot of fun. I used to crochet my daughter's little dresses and lots of gifts. If you need some help PM me.

Kittylee
02-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Hi,
I'm trying to get a crochet and knitting group together. I'm thinking Saturdays would probably work for me. I'm still trying to find a location. i'll post some more when I have more info. Send me a pm if anyones interested. BTW i'm in brooklyn.

mjac202093
02-11-2004, 02:27 AM
I don't know if any of you ladies are going to the New York gathering, but I read that Masoesa was looking for demos during the gathering and I for one would be interested in a crochet demonstration.