PDA

View Full Version : I have transitioned & have 3-4inches

scorpus18
02-05-2004, 05:47 PM
[COLOR=blue]I have had the kinky twists with human hair for 2 years now and I finally went to have my 3 1/2 to 4 in. hair taken care of by a professional. Unfortunately, I went to the wrong place :doh . My hair was so damn nampppy trust me I mean nammppy. I was crying like a baby (box plus the washgirly was just raking through my head. I knew this was the wrong spot when I went to the stylist asking for two strand twists with my own hair and the price doubled. So instead he told me I'm better off with the single twist which I never had and thus far it looks aight.

However, stylist did not answer my questions nor did said stylist trim my ends :cen . I had to ask him to do it. I don't know about you, but I think a natural salon should have someone who cares about your head and help you with the process.

I was happy to know that I have no relaxer in my head now but lord what am I to do with this after the single twists?

Nammpppy by Nature

carlaw78
02-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Girl sounds to me that once you take those single twist out, you might want to think about the BIG CUT. How many inches are u waiting for before u cut. And have you let your hair have a break from the extensions? It might cause breakage

tdhayes
02-05-2004, 06:22 PM
I agree with Blondenaps. As for WHAT you're going to do? You're going to learn how to TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN HAIR!!!! With all of the resources at your fingertips, READ and FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!!! You have to experiment...this is YOUR HAIR and it's YOUR responsibility to learn to care for it...no one elses.

Also, like I've told others and someone else did too, if you are not drinking at least half of your body weight in ounces of water each day, START!! Healthy hair starts on the inside FIRST. If you don't have a diet plentiful in fresh(raw) fruits and veggies...START eating more of them! They give your body and hair plenty of the enzymes, vitamins and minerals needed for a healthy body and healthy hair.

I wish you the best.

tdh

Starpearl
02-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Single twist? What is that? I've heard of a two strand twist but never a single one. Please enlighten me.

Dolliesdaughter
02-05-2004, 09:14 PM
I seconded the motion that you learn how to do your own hair.

scorpus18
02-06-2004, 04:35 PM
[COLOR=blue]I'm sorry, I was so fast with the topic that I forgot to mention that I do not have any perm/relaxer in my hair. I wanted him to trim the edges so it could be a little more consistent length wise. Some areas like the top is shorter than the sides.

I am looking forward to taking care of me & my head. I find it so liberating and you know what's funnier, when I was in the salon, a few sistah's were getting relaxers and I didn't even relish on that activity. I saw them looking at me and I felt giddy. I knew they knew I was making a statement and it felt so good.

As for the single twist, it looks like the beginning of dreds. Actually they are spirals used with the end of the skinny comb and gel. The stylists wraps the hair around the end and twirls it.

I have started a healthier eating plan and started exercising today. I do drink a lot of water. Veggies too. So, I'm working sis, believe me. I am thankful to all replies.

Nammppy by Nature. :rainfro