PDA

View Full Version : Palm roll

curlyredbone
02-06-2004, 06:17 AM
Can someone give me step by step on how to palm roll I notice it on Deecoily's album and I really like the style. I look on our hair site but the directions are confussing to me :doh ok mybe I'm an air head but I just can't get it. Any and every suggestion are always welcome

curlyredbone

Keepitnatural
02-06-2004, 05:49 PM
I would also like to know how to palm roll my hair

Keepitnatural
02-08-2004, 06:59 PM
@curlyredbone, we didn't get to many responses LOL, Anyway I tried to recreate from a post that I read on palmrolling and this is what I did. I washed my hair conditioned with Paul Mitchel "The Conditoner", then added my leave in conditioner "Eluence". I allowed my hair to air dry not completely though, I braided it up in about 6 plaits to do this. Then I unraveled the plaits and begin to section off starting from the back, sections of hair. I applied my shea butter mixture, along with a dab of beeswax into the palm of my hand, and begin to roll using both palms together"a prayer-like motion" rolling the hair downward. It took me about 1 1/2-2hrs to complete. The results were very good considering this was my first attempt. I hope my explaination will help.

curlyredbone
02-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Keepitnatural,

Thanks I'll have to try that

curlyredbone

Laquita
02-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Hey curlyredbone and Keepitnatural :rainfro

I found a description of palm rolls, actually used to up keep/start locs just CLICK HERE (http://www.ourhair.net/) and look under Hairstyles and click on the Locs/Dreds under the "How Tos".

Hope this helps, sorry for the late post :doh

Keepitnatural
02-12-2004, 07:48 PM
Thank you Laquita, for the link to that hair site. Also on the palm rolls when I took them out I had one hard time doing so, I like the look but I don't think I will be doing that again no time to soon. I didn't even use that much product to roll them with.

candy
02-12-2004, 08:08 PM
You guys may want to talk to some of the people in the loc sections, especially for information about using shea butter and beeswax at the same time. I've read from others in the Loc section that beeswax can buildup up over time and can very difficult to wash out.

Candy

delleaux
02-12-2004, 10:16 PM
I tried to palm roll and they end up looking like little nappy rolls, ahahhah but I bought some sassy creamy set and twist with my fingers and it worked much better. It doesn't contain any alcohol that tends to dry the hair. The creme smells like bananas. It is very light so it wont weight your hair down. Coils are very pretty.