PDA

View Full Version : Update On Dermatologist Visit

naturaltruth2
11-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Hello everyone,

I finally got to see the dermie today. He pretty much told me what I already knew about my scalp condition(I suffer from serroberic Dermatisis) and he prescribed me an oil and a shampoo. One prescription was for DermaSmootheFS and the other was Loprox Shampoo. I have read from previous threads about these products but I wondered if anyone is currently using these products. How does it make your hair and scalp feel and did you see any good results from it. He also reminded me that I will also need to use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Thanks for reading. :)

gr2006
11-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Hello everyone,

I finally got to see the dermie today. He pretty much told me what I already knew about my scalp condition(I suffer from serroberic Dermatisis) and he prescribed me an oil and a shampoo. One prescription was for DermaSmootheFS and the other was Loprox Shampoo. I have read from previous threads about these products but I wondered if anyone is currently using these products. How does it make your hair and scalp feel and did you see any good results from it. He also reminded me that I will also need to use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Thanks for reading. :)
[/b]

so glad you went to see that derm @ least he confirmed what you thought - no more 2nd guessing.

i've never used any of those products but wanted to wish you much success with them.

far as poos and condishes go....i've gone the organic route with both and love aubrey organics honeysuckle rose poo and conditioner (neither one have any bad stuff in them like cones, petroleums or other nasties).

ymmv as some really don't like the poo but rave over the conditioner ;)

wishing you nothing but success naturalthruth2!!

naturaltruth2
11-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Hello gr2006,

Thank you for the kind words. I'm hoping the prescribed oil and shampoo will be able to keep the crusties and flaky scales at bay. :blush:

Since I became natural and found this great forum, I have used nothing but natural products. I try not to buy too many products because I want to see what shampoos & conditioners work for me. Right, I'm using a shampoo & conditioner named 'HUGO' w/african red bush tea(I think!) & ylang ylang. I bought the conditioner first when I was in Canada over the summer and I have used it quite a bit. It seemed okay but when I found the shampoo on sale at Whole Foods, recently, and used it with the conditioner, worked even better. :wub: Both products are kinda pricey, as I bought the shampoo for almost $10!! :blush: I was using both products after I finish shampooing with Jason's dandruff shampoo, which was EXTREMELY drying to my hair.

Now that you mentioned Aubrey's, I have bought GPB shampoo and conditioner sometime ago and it's just been sitting there. I used it once or twice but the shampoo made my hair HARD! I guess my hair does not need all of that protein. :( The conditioner was okay. I bought because alot of folks raved about it. I was thinking of trying to give the product another go but I don't know yet. I have heard that the honeysuckle rose poo & condish is pretty good. Perhaps, if I catch another sale, I'll pick that up. :)

thicktresses
11-30-2006, 11:44 AM
congrats on you diagnosis ive been wondering if i have this?I hope all works out for you.

naturaltruth2
11-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Hello thicktresses,

Thank you for the kind words. Do you think you may have the same thing too? I can lay out the symptoms for you and you can see if any apply:

*excessive dandruff/flaking
*'crusts' ex. dandruff(????) turns into hard, wax greyish like scales(yeah, YUK!) :(
*Itching to the point your scalps bleeds(it has happened to me)
*skin looks 'discolored'(this is when the scalp is 'enflamed' after itching and lifting off the 'scales')
*itching increases during your menses or stress
*applying any kinds of heavy oil or butter(like shea for example) irritates the scalp

If you answer yes to all of these questions, it could be serrobehic dermatisis. If you leave it untreated, it can also cause hair loss. :(

So if it's just regular old dry scalp, that you can be easily remedied. But if it's something like mine, you may you need to see a doctor so you can be diagnosis properly. :)

thicktresses
12-01-2006, 12:49 PM
thanks for all of the info natural truth my answer is yes to almost all.I will get it checked out.