PDA

View Full Version : DC/MD/VA Napturals!!

Search4NaturalSerenity
03-06-2003, 05:27 PM
Hi Ladies!! I am new to the site and in the transition phase but I was wondering when the next gathering would be? Are they once a month? I am REALLY looking forward to attending the next one!! :lol:

triciegirl
03-07-2003, 03:51 AM
HI and welcom to the site. I am also relativly new to the site. I know there was a thread a while back about planning a get together. I don't know what happen though because the Baltimore group was getting together also maybe it was combined.

Twistie74
03-07-2003, 03:10 PM
The Baltimore group got together last Saturday and we had a nice time!

I'm sure that if you keep an eye out, there will be postings for DC gatherings and more Baltimore gatherings in the future :)

Welcome to the site ladies!

CallaV
03-07-2003, 03:10 PM
We can aim for a gathering in April if people are game.

HoneyDini
03-07-2003, 04:02 PM
We can aim for a gathering in April if people are game.

I'm game! :-)

Search4NaturalSerenity
03-07-2003, 05:30 PM
[We can aim for a gathering in April if people are game]

I am game!!!!

CallaV
03-12-2003, 08:20 PM
Lets pick a date and what is it that everyone would like to do. Last time there was talk of a pot luck and maybe doing some hair. Or we could stick to eating out.

What's your pleasure ladies?

cytrus
03-17-2003, 02:50 PM
I'm game also.

luvncoils
03-17-2003, 06:08 PM
I am new to the site also. I would love to attend a get together!

cocoarose
03-22-2003, 04:44 AM
:D Sounds great! I would love to get together with all my beautiful sistas..count me in!

CallaV
03-23-2003, 05:47 PM
All right ladies :)

April is fast approaching so how about we pick a date? The weekend of the 19 is Easter so I figure that is out. So how about the weekend of the 12 or 26?

What works best for everyone and what do y'all want to do?

Lagina
03-24-2003, 02:42 PM
I would like to come too! Either date will work for me!

KinkyCoils
03-24-2003, 07:37 PM
I like the sound of the 26th, but really either date is fine with me. :D

cocoarose-old
03-24-2003, 11:06 PM
Anydate for me also....just let a sista know :D ...any thoughts on where we shall meet and what we all want to do?

BklynQueen
03-25-2003, 05:08 AM
I would love to make your affair again, but would you guys consider doing it on a Sunday? :)

CallaV
03-25-2003, 01:43 PM
Sunday is fine for me. Sunday, April 13 or 27 :?: Either Sunday is fine for me.

niki000
03-26-2003, 01:11 AM
I'm new, but I'm definately game for a gathering :) I would love to meet you ladies.

KinkyCoils
03-26-2003, 03:27 AM
Sunday sounds good to me. April 27 would be good... for me :D

triciegirl
03-26-2003, 05:43 AM
I think Sunday April 27, is great date count me in

luvncoils
03-26-2003, 03:07 PM
Sunday, April 27 works for me. What are we going to do? I am game for eating out or a potluck.

CallaV
03-26-2003, 03:13 PM
Alright then, it seems like Sunday, April 27 is the consensus. Now what to do. A pot luck sounds good but where would it be. If we choose to eat out any suggestions?

narcissaqtpie
03-26-2003, 05:25 PM
Is this going to be in DC?

KinkyCoils
03-26-2003, 07:09 PM
I'd personally like it to be in DC or maybe Pentagon City. But I guess DC would be a better choice considering everyone is either in DC or MD. I'm coming from Manassas so DC would be convient for me.
Lemme know!

niki000
03-26-2003, 10:50 PM
ok, april 27th is good for me, I'll be coming from fairfax.

MALOVELY81
03-26-2003, 10:58 PM
april 27th sounds good.. count me in..

cocoarose
03-26-2003, 11:17 PM
April 27th sounds great count me in....I'm coming from Temple Hills maryland. What would everyone feel most comfortable doing? Boy it's exciting to know I get to meet more napptural sistas like myself :D :D

BasicBlack
03-29-2003, 06:10 PM
I've never been to a get together before but would love to come. What do you usally do? Do you guys already know eachother ...have you gotten together before?

KinkyCoils
03-30-2003, 02:17 AM
I don't know if everyone would agree to this but I was thinking since it's getting warmer and will probably be a lot warmer at the end of April, unless someone has a clubhouse to have a potluck at, we can maybe think about doing a picnic/barbque. I figure that way everyone gets to know everyone and it would be more intimate conversation between everyone, unlike at a restaurant or something. Well that's my idea :? What do you guys think?

KC

cocoarose
03-31-2003, 01:29 AM
That sounds nice...that way maybe whoever wants to bring a dish can.

BklynQueen
03-31-2003, 02:19 AM
April 27th sounds like a winner too. That would be mad cool and I could take my time getting there. Maybe we could meet at a park with blankets and chairs. I do like that idea. Considering how long we took the last time and the ability to hear each other.

khamedra19
03-31-2003, 02:24 PM
April 27th sounds wonderful. I can bring a dish.

CallaV
03-31-2003, 04:14 PM
KinkyCoils, that sounds good. Now what park?

khamedra19
03-31-2003, 04:47 PM
I just discovered a nice park around my way in Arlington, Virginia. It's a few blocks walk away from an orange line metro station. The park has a basketball court, picnic tables, a volleyball net, soccer and baseball field.

There's also Haines Point, the National Arboretum, and Malcolm X parks in DC, but they are not walking distance from the metro.

Hmmmm.......Those are the only parks I can think of right now. I will try to come up with more close to the metro (since some of us, including myself, are pedestrians).

khamedra19
03-31-2003, 04:50 PM
If we're going to have a potluck in a park, we'll need to bring: (1) plastic ware (forks, spoons, knives), plates, napkins, cups, and plastic table cloths (those park tables aren't always nice).

I suggest that the people who don't plan on bringing a dish volunteer to bring one or more of these items.

Can anyone think of anything else we may need?

BklynQueen
04-01-2003, 01:27 AM
I would like to volunteer to bring a cake or cakes depending on the number of people who plan on coming. Maybe we need to start a list of things other than food that people can bring.

BklynQueen
04-01-2003, 01:28 AM
I would like to volunteer to bring a cake or cakes depending on the number of people who plan on coming. Maybe we need to start a list of things other than food that people can bring.

cocoarose
04-01-2003, 02:56 AM
Hey everyone! Hi khamedra..still reading girl it's deep! But back to the subject at hand. We are going to need tableclothes, and another thing about the dishes. We need to find out whos coming in order to figure out what kind of dish to bring. Some here are vegetarians or some one may have allegies to something. So just to make sure there is something for everyone we need to know whos coming and to make sure there is not 5 of the same thing...lol! Who has messenger services that way we can get a group of us on there to finish planning or do you think the board is sufficient? I can't wait to meet you guys?.

Oh yea just thought of something.......RAIN?!!

cocoarose
04-01-2003, 02:57 AM
Hey everyone! Hi khamedra..still reading girl it's deep! But back to the subject at hand. We are going to need tableclothes, and another thing about the dishes. We need to find out whos coming in order to figure out what kind of dish to bring. Some here are vegetarians or some one may have allegies to something. So just to make sure there is something for everyone we need to know whos coming and to make sure there is not 5 of the same thing...lol! Who has messenger services that way we can get a group of us on there to finish planning or do you think the board is sufficient? I can't wait to meet you guys?.

cocoarose
04-01-2003, 02:58 AM
Sorry you guys it would not post my post at first :lol:

cocoarose
04-01-2003, 02:59 AM
That was also not supposed to be a question mark at the end of my statement I cannot wait to meet you guys!

divajag
04-01-2003, 04:41 AM
Sunday Apr. 27th is do-able for me. I happily volunteer to bring jambalaya. If there are vegetarians on the board, I'll make a version without sausages. :D

xotikloks
04-01-2003, 03:46 PM
I should be able to make it on the 27th. Sounds like fun. If we can't find a park, does anyone have a nice size back yard? That would alleviate any rain worries.

Also, we need some music. Maybe folks can bring one or two of their favorite CD's.

luvncoils
04-02-2003, 12:50 AM
I am so excited to get a chance to meet everybody. I am a vegetarian but I get along with veggie lovers and meat lovers alike. :D. I can bring a vegetarian dish.

The suggestion of holding a group chat to make the arrangements was a good idea. I have held group chats on AOL instant messenger.

khamedra19
04-02-2003, 02:37 AM

I'm vegan. I don't eat of animal flesh, eggs, or dairy (butter, yogurt, cheese, or cream) directly or mixed into any foods. I also don't eat white bread nor pasta and only white rice on occasion. I'm not asking that anyone make a special dish, I'll be quite content with salads, fruits and whatever I bring.

khamedra19
04-02-2003, 02:39 AM
I should be able to make it on the 27th. Sounds like fun. If we can't find a park, does anyone have a nice size back yard? That would alleviate any rain worries.

Also, we need some music. Maybe folks can bring one or two of their favorite CD's.

I'll bring something from my world music collection----the new Les Nubians and something else....

MALOVELY81
04-02-2003, 01:17 PM
Well.. I can't cook :? So I think i'll stick to the basics.. I'd be happy to bring paper plates, spoons, forks, bowls etc.

I have AOL instant messenger too, so if we have a group chat it would have to be at night.. around 7 or 8.

AOL name: MALOVELY81...

triciegirl
04-02-2003, 07:58 PM
I will make hommade macroni and cheese, and I will bring a vegan dish for any vegetarians

triciegirl
04-02-2003, 08:01 PM
:D :D I will make hommade mac & cheese, and I will bring a vegan dish for vegans.

Lagina
04-02-2003, 11:27 PM
I will attend even though I live in Baltimore lol. I can bring stuff like napkins and plates and cups, or both I and MALOVELY81 can bring the non food items as I like to call them. I could even maybe get some bottled water. Since i'm a picky eater i probably won't eat much. I just want to look at everyones hair :D Pick up some product tips and enjoy the good conversation and the weather hopefully. I do have aol and msn for group chat. 25 days of plan time left 8)

niki000
04-03-2003, 02:16 PM

I'm vegan. I don't eat of animal flesh, eggs, or dairy (butter, yogurt, cheese, or cream) directly or mixed into any foods. I also don't eat white bread nor pasta and only white rice on occasion. I'm not asking that anyone make a special dish, I'll be quite content with salads, fruits and whatever I bring.

I'm vegan too, so we'll have at least two dishes :)

niki000
04-03-2003, 02:29 PM
Here's a list of the things we need for the picnic, we should probably also say who is bringing what type of dish too, so we don't end up with 4 of the same thing. Feel free to add to the list or put your name by things you want to bring, that way we won't forget anything. I'm so excited about this already :)

who is bringing what?
------------------------------
tablecloth
ice
plastic ware (forks, spoons, knives)
cups
plates
napkins
condidments (?)
cd player

KinkyCoils
04-04-2003, 05:27 AM
Sorry ladies, I've been MIA for a few days my net was down. Anyhoo, glad you guys like the picnic idea. I can bring potato chips, juices/soda, I've plenty of plastic forks, and I would really like to make a fruit salad. Let's get this started! What time we talking about doing this?

divajag
04-04-2003, 02:54 PM

No problem. I lived with vegan roommates for a while and when I hosted a dinner party, I made jambalaya specifically without the sausage just for them (with some chopped veggies mixed in). Will that work for you?

winter
04-04-2003, 03:38 PM
This sounds cool! Should we have a back up just in case it rains or snows???? :D

I can bring the plates, napkins, table clothes... Just don't look at me to bring any food. (smile)

KinkyCoils
04-04-2003, 04:18 PM
This sounds cool! Should we have a back up just in case it rains or snows???? :D

I can bring the plates, napkins, table clothes... Just don't look at me to bring any food. (smile)

We should definitely have a back-up plan just in case, but where? Any suggestions?

CallaV
04-04-2003, 04:27 PM
I don't know what I'm brining yet. I'm thinking desert.

Question - What park are we having this get together at :?:

BlackBerry
04-04-2003, 08:39 PM
I'm there, just let me know where and what time.

I can bring pasta salad. I'll make two versions, one with shrimp and one without for the vegetarians.

BklynQueen
04-04-2003, 09:57 PM
I'm bringing a cake; and I think we should definitely have a back up plan.

cocoarose
04-05-2003, 01:05 AM
I'm so hyped to see you all! But uh, I was thinking I would bring a vegetarian dish of some kind and a dish for the meat lovers..lol.
Maybe a dessert also. But uh I have no suggestions for a backup plan..lemme think hmmm....

cocoarose
04-05-2003, 01:07 AM
[quote]Sorry ladies, I've been MIA for a few days my net was down. Anyhoo, glad you guys like the picnic idea. I can bring potato chips, juices/soda, I've plenty of plastic forks, and I would really like to make a fruit salad. Let's get this started! What time we talking about doing this?

Fruit Salad sounds wonderful!

wubeauty
04-06-2003, 05:11 PM
Hey everyone,
I will be interning in MD this summer(YEAH :D ) and I am very interested in attending a gathering with you guys. Please keep me posted, oh I will be moving to Rockville in May!!
:)

narcissaqtpie
04-07-2003, 06:35 PM
I wanna come, but I dont know what to bring!!! What is the official menu? I see mac n cheese, fruit salad...Is anyone bringing ANY meat, I can do BBQ wings (shoot, even if I'm the only mug eatin' em) Is that OK or should I bring some kind of non-meat dish?

divajag
04-07-2003, 10:28 PM
Hey everyone,
I will be interning in MD this summer(YEAH :D ) and I am very interested in attending a gathering with you guys. Please keep me posted, oh I will be moving to Rockville in May!!
:)

That's great! I live in Baltimore, but my girl lives in Silver Spring and goes to church in Rockville, so I'm over that way a lot. Will be happy to show you around...just DO NOT ask me to drive around DC, unless you like driving aimlessly in circles for hours. :lol:

divajag
04-07-2003, 10:30 PM
I wanna come, but I dont know what to bring!!! What is the official menu? I see mac n cheese, fruit salad...Is anyone bringing ANY meat, I can do BBQ wings (shoot, even if I'm the only mug eatin' em) Is that OK or should I bring some kind of non-meat dish?

I'm bringing two versions of jambalaya, one with chicken and sauage, one without. I'll be happy to eat some BBQ wings (this sistah girl here hasn't had some serious barbeque since jheri curls were in style) :)

KinkyCoils
04-08-2003, 10:58 PM
Hey ladies, it's looks like I will not be making it to this gathering. I might have to go outta town that weekend :( It's not in stone yet but I will definitely let ya'll know if I'll be able to make it.

niki000
04-08-2003, 11:14 PM
I hope you can make it kinkycoils, if not, I'm sure there will be more events later.

Any ideas on a back-up plan? Are there any rec centers in that are that we could maybe reserve a room for that day as a back-up?

HoneyDini
04-09-2003, 10:45 PM
Did I read that April 27th is the day of choice??? Dang, I won't be able to be there. Hopefully I'll catch y'all the next time!

HoneyDini
04-10-2003, 01:06 PM
Did I read somewhere that April 27th was the date of choice? Dang. I won't be able to make it. :( Hopefully I can catch up with yall next time!

niki000
04-15-2003, 02:34 PM
bump... hmm this thread is acting weird

Winter78*
04-15-2003, 05:51 PM
I have been lurking on the nappturality website for quite some time. So technically I am a newbie, however I have bene natural for almost 1 and 1/2 years.

Anyway, i would like ot attend this event. I am new to the DC area (relocated from Philly), but I think I can manage to find the location. Is there a running list of what everyone is bringing. I would love ot bring a dish of some sort

..thanks!

MALOVELY81
04-15-2003, 07:35 PM
Ok Umm.. i have a small itty bitty question

Where will the gathering be held??

AND....

Is anybody carpooling ????

:D :D Can't wait to see you guys !!

BklynQueen
04-15-2003, 10:11 PM
What's the deal people? This function is supposed to be in 2 weeks. Did you guys want to meet at restaurant like before or maybe a food court or something? The is time is coming up on us. Let a sister know!

I'm not screaming on you, but I do not live in the DC area so I cannot make a suggestion as to where this function should be held.

cocoarose
04-16-2003, 12:23 AM
Yea yall whats going on..I agre this thread is acting crazy also. The time is coming apon us lets confirm our plans.

khamedra19
04-16-2003, 04:46 PM
I suggest the Nelson street park in Arlington, Virginia. It's a 2-3 block walk from GMU-Virginia square metro station on the orange line. For those of you who will be driving, it's right off of Wilson Boulevard going West. If you all agree on it, I'll get exact directions for pedestrians and drivers.

I also suggest an icebreaker game to get everyone mingling and getting to know one another. Any ideas from you all?

khamedra19
04-16-2003, 04:47 PM

No problem. I lived with vegan roommates for a while and when I hosted a dinner party, I made jambalaya specifically without the sausage just for them (with some chopped veggies mixed in). Will that work for you?

Yes, it surely will. Thanks for making the extra effort.

luvncoils
04-16-2003, 07:12 PM
The park sounds good. However, do we have a contingency plan for rain?
Planning an event inside eliminates that worry but the park is cool too.

I can bring a veggie tray.

piscesgirl
04-17-2003, 01:01 AM
Hello everyone. I have been visiting the nappturality website since December. I finally registered this month. I live in DC and am very interested in meeting other naturals in the area. Are you ladies still planning the get together and if so can anyone attend? Have you decided on a place?

BklynQueen
04-17-2003, 03:23 AM
I suggest the Nelson street park in Arlington, Virginia. It's a 2-3 block walk from GMU-Virginia square metro station on the orange line. For those of you who will be driving, it's right off of Wilson Boulevard going West. If you all agree on it, I'll get exact directions for pedestrians and drivers.

I also suggest an icebreaker game to get everyone mingling and getting to know one another. Any ideas from you all?

This park sounds like a winner. If it rains, then what? But will someone start a new thread with the participants and what they are bringing?

cocoarose
04-17-2003, 03:32 AM
Good Idea girl!

kinksandcoils
04-18-2003, 05:22 PM
HEy Ladies,

I checked this thread out just in time. I am new to the website, and new to the area so this will be my first napptural gathering and I am really excited. So where exactly are we meeting and at what time?
I am a vegetarian, so I'll bring a cucumber and tomato salad. Also, there is this pastry shop up the street from where I currently live that specializes in Vegan stuff, so I can bring some vegan cookies, and depending on how my pocket is looking I may be able to bring a cake!

Fill me in on the time, and location!

Peace,

KinKsaNdCoIls

khamedra19
04-21-2003, 02:25 PM
Have you all been checking the other thread about our weekend get together?