PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I'm Ready...

Proverbs31Woman
12-04-2006, 06:09 AM
Seems like I always need to be urged....

Anyway, I've made up my mind that I am 100% ready to chop. No doubts whatsoever. So, I told my mom this morning and we had the "chemical fire cream" war. She asked me why not relax, I asked her why. I gave her reasons why, she couldn't give me any. Then she said, "Well that's nothing new" After I told her all of the harmful effects of relaxers. So I say, "Just because its not new information is not a reason to continue relaxing." *Crickets* :Angry: But she swears that I'm going to back track. And she says, "Well you can't do nothing with it but wear an afro". Then she gets mad and tells me to hush because I don't know what I'm talking about when I tell her that I can wear my natural hair in many other styles rather than an afro all the time. She's totally unsupportive y'all. Mainly this is because she chopped twice (but got a te.xturizer) and then ended up going back to the full re.laxer.

But I&#39;m sooooo ready. I&#39;m just ready to be free of this re.laxed hair. I cut off a small piece in the back last night, just to see how it felt. My relaxed hair looks so sickly. lol I&#39;m just ready to get rid of it. It was a little disheartening to hear my mom just shut me out like that <_< , but I&#39;m still cool. I&#39;m still excited, and I still wanna chop. :P

So I&#39;m just looking for some encouragement from my natural sistas. I love y&#39;all and y&#39;all are so inspirational. I never thought I would even consider chopping before a year was up, but y&#39;all are just so beautiful from the TWA&#39;s to the BAA&#39;s!!! :wub: :wub:

samla2
12-04-2006, 06:24 AM
Since you need to be urged.....DO IT!!!!

It sounds like there&#39;s nothing holding you back and you&#39;re ready. All I can say is go for it and you&#39;re going to look absolutely beautiful.

newmoe1
12-04-2006, 06:32 AM
push
&#39;
trust us you will love it and you will never look back

push

darkstar
12-04-2006, 06:50 AM
oh oh DO IT DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
I love how my hair feels and i didnt even do the chop! I had my hair cut short then i permed, i just have a few stringy ends but my fro is still really nice feeling. Just make sure you take care of it, I&#39;ve gone through so many of the pics on here and if ur worried about what ur gonna do with it, dont! show ur mom the pics! you&#39;ll be ok! DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ^_^

bebedee
12-04-2006, 10:47 AM
DonnaDi,

You are already aware of my opinion on this subject :lol: , but I thought I&#39;d add my :2cents: .....

There are going to be people who are not going to agree with your reasons to go natural - that&#39;s a fact for sure. If you&#39;re fortunate enough to have a person in your corner, that&#39;s great, but even if every person you know disagrees with your decision not to use a CFC, is that influence enough to change your mind, :surrender: ,to change what you know is right for YOU? :noway:

I was my own worst enemy in this regard, and I had the support of family and friends, so I can empathize with your situation and feelings. I did my Big Chop this past weekend, and I was very nervous, to say the least. My frustration with Friday night&#39;s shampoo session and my knotty straight hair is what led me to decide "I&#39;m just gonna do it!" Yet, after I arrived at the barber shop, I there for 15 minutes before I uttered a word to anyone :unsure: . I&#39;ve always had shoulder-length or longer hair, so this was a real adjustment. But once Rome started cutting, I just kept reiterating to myself my reasons for doing this. After he finished, I looked at how healthy and strong my natural hair looked :afro: , how much it had grown in 9 months&#39; time, how cute it would look with a headband/barrettes/scarf/cornrowed front/twists, etc., all my self-doubt got swept away with that straight hair that fell to the floor.

I think you will look great and will love it, but in the event that you don&#39;t, make sure that you have enough hair to do some kinky twists or some braids so you can gain a little more growth. If you need a little more encouragement, check out the BC Video thread. It has a link to a 3-part video series on You-Tube about a lady&#39;s recent BC (her speech pre-BC; her actual BC; her seeing it for the first time). I found it really moving. HTH.... :hug:

NappiRouts
12-04-2006, 05:44 PM
You already know what you need to do. No push needed your mind is made right? So it&#39;s just whenever time permits and you feel the INTRINSIC urge to get it done! Good luck
I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll look great.
And even if your mom is against you...
remeber you have the whole NP community backing you!
:wub: ~Nappirouts

bebedee
12-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Girlfriend is straight....she BC&#39;d today! See the "Omg! I Did It!" thread.

NappiRouts
12-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Girlfriend is straight....she BC&#39;d today! See the "Omg! I Did It!" thread.
[/b]

oops my bad hehe!!