PDA

View Full Version : Hot Combing..

Pebbles
12-05-2006, 07:03 AM
Have any of you been hot combing your hair or know a napptural who has? Did you or they have any damage?

MelanieRaven29
12-05-2006, 07:15 AM
Have any of you been hot combing your hair or know a napptural who has? Did you or they have any damage?
[/b]

Try the Hot..Comb&BlowDry archive (http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53). Here (http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50794) is one of the posts.

There is even something called "bubble hair" when to much heat is applied to the hair and bubbles form inside the shaft. (can't find the thread :( )

There are alot of horror stories about this. I have been way to scared to apply anything warmer than the warm/cool/low setting on my hair dryer. Just read on before you decide to do it. Some people are hard headed like myself. I colored my hair which can be damaging, but luckily my hair did suffer any damage.

Hope this helps :)

Sekhmet
12-05-2006, 07:42 AM
Yes, it's taboo. Please read the hair board rules (in the sticky in the pink bar with the green exclamation point at the top of this forum's thread list.)

"HAIR BOARD RULES
No Swearing
No Flaming
No Name-calling
No Insults
No Personal Attacks
No Racial slurs
No Harrassment via PM or elsewhere
No talk on how to heat straighten
No talk on how to chemically straighten
No product recs on straighteners
No ignoring or disobeying a Mod's instruction

If you don't like a topic, don't respond to it
If you think a topic breaks the rules, use the report button

Breaking these rules will see the offender immediately suspended, without warning, at my discretion."

Debonaire
12-05-2006, 07:59 AM
Pebbles I would say hot combing is almost 100 times worse than using a flat flaming hot tool of hair torture even though they are both terrible devices to use in your hair. The reason I say that is because they isn't even a way to control the heat (assuming we are talking about the old fashion way) that goes to the comb and is applied to your hair. I can actually visualize someone burning their hair right off when using a flaming hot tool of hair torture.

clover
12-05-2006, 08:01 AM
You can best believe that the mods will shup down this thread. That is if another member does not dry snitch first. <_< To answer your question, yes using any sort of heating implements is taboo especially around these parts.

MelanieRaven29
12-05-2006, 08:19 AM
The reason I said "before you decide to do it..." is because people are going to read the warnings about things like heat damage and still do what they want.

If ANYONE ever desires a straight style, wigs are always an option. They are definitely NOT permanent.

:2cents:

*~Poohbear~*
12-05-2006, 08:24 AM
Yep... flaming hot tool of hair torture = DAMAGE! My mom hot combed my hair a few days after doing my 1st big chop in May 2005... A week later, I had to shave all my hair off to get rid of the permanent damage it did to my hair. Just sharing my experience. Please adhere to the warnings.

KinkySoul
12-05-2006, 08:27 AM
*don&#39;t kill me for my response*

I have flat ironed my hair...and blow dryed...didn&#39;t like the results...I only did it for graduation to get my cap on...my hair took forever to kink back up,but it was still very thick,so if you have thick hair,don&#39;t expect silky smooth results...plus I have color...so I was very afraid of what would happen...if you&#39;re going to do it...get it done professionally...and keep those ends clipped...

EmpressRi
12-05-2006, 08:31 AM
i have a long time ago (I had to put that so I didn&#39;t get into trouble) and honey let me tell you. More than once I burned out sections of my hair. And I wanted to cry. Now I&#39;m scared to put any heat to my head. Cause along with that I noticed my hair was shedding like crazy. Once I stopped using heat on my head, I had no shedding, no breakage, no burned dry spots. Yall should be happy to know that there is a thick layer of dust covering my flat flaming hot tool of hair torture, flaming hot tool of hair torture and heating stove :lol:

AwakenedDesires
12-05-2006, 08:38 AM
I&#39;ve seen my mom burn of parts of my sister&#39;s hair with a flaming hot tool of hair torture. Luckily, she has a lot of hair so it wasn&#39;t too noticeable.

I guess that anything that goes against the natural texture of your hair is going to do some damage.