PDA

View Full Version : "Get Free or Die Tryin'"

Afrokween
02-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Hello all 8) !!!!!

(*Taking a deeeeep breath). Ok, yall. I recently bought "Get Free or Die Tryin'" (2 days ago to be exact), and I don't like the CD at all. The freaking CD plays for only 40 minutes, and the lyrics of the song ain't really all that. (I actually found something really offensive in the song in reference "to getting some"). Other than that, my overall impression of the CD was that it SUCKED, BIG TIME!!!! And I'm also really disappointed in the fact that it sounded like it was just put together at the last minute. This was my first Dead Prez CD, and I expected a whole lot more from them. Whew!!!! (Rant over, sorry yall).

Anyway, what was your impression of the CD? And what about their previous CDs?

Afrokween :rainfro

Dreamyb
02-08-2004, 12:19 AM
lol

well, let's get free was tight but that's when they had a label (this album may sound more polished to you)

i liked turn off the radio vol.1

i also liked the second mixtape which you are referring to. it took me a few listens but i like it.

now that rbg:revolutionary but gangsta album is nicer than the mixtapes but eh, that's just my opinion.

and are you describing that coming of age song when you mentioned the "getting some" comment?

Afrokween
02-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Dreamyb@Feb 8 2004, 12:19 AM
lol

well, let's get free was tight but that's when they had a label (this album may sound more polished to you)

i liked turn off the radio vol.1

i also liked the second mixtape which you are referring to. it took me a few listens but i like it.

now that rbg:revolutionary but gangsta album is nicer than the mixtapes but eh, that's just my opinion.

and are you describing that coming of age song when you mentioned the "getting some" comment?
LOL. That's exactly what I was talking about. The only 2 songs that I could say that I actually like are Window to my soul and "Last Day Reloaded."

Anyone else??? ;-)

Afrokween :rainfro

Gloria
02-08-2004, 10:09 PM
I used to listen to dead prez daily, but I realized that while some of the messages they have are very true, others contradict the direction that I am going in my life.