PDA

View Full Version : We are all positive role models

soleil
02-09-2004, 05:55 PM
I just had to share my joy ! My 23 year old niece has finally decided to go natural! She said I was her inspiration by seeing the positiveness, creativity, self-love, and strength exude from me. I AM SO PROUD OF HER ! :) My 19 year old nephew also decided to loc his hair and is progressing well. Sometimes, we tend not to realize the positive force we have on those who are still living the lye, until they finally stand up and say, yes I want to have the freedom to be me napturally and you inspired me to do so :)

WE ARE ALL POSITIVE ROLE MODELS BY JUST WEARING OUR HAIR NAPTURAL - now that's deep.

Well..I'm still working on my mom and my sister (my niece's mom) to go naptural. I see an affirming move toward being natural by their comments on my own locs and their notice of the positiveness and creativeness coming from me...I hope to have them cross over soon to vibrant and clear air, fresh breezes, and uplifting days :) They'll be dancing in the rain soon, and not being afraid to dance in the rain :)

...Soleil :)

thenewme
02-09-2004, 07:17 PM
So true! I got my sister to go natural. At first she was not ready for it, wearing her hair braided. One day she came to visit and I asked her to do it again, she said yes if I could get her hair cut right then and there. Well, to her surprise, there was a hair dresser who could cut her hair into a TWA (teeny weenie afro). She did it and has be natural ever since. :)

I wish I could convince others to follow my sister path. They are afraid, like most of us were, of there true hair texture. We need to get them to embrace the beauty of natural african american hair whether it is wavy and super curly.

I love my hair and have been natural since 1998 and wish I would have done it sooner. Now I have started my journey to locs and I can't wait.

Be positive to yourself and others will follow! :rainfro

amalah9
02-09-2004, 07:20 PM
Can I get an Amen?! :app

alma2254
02-09-2004, 07:44 PM
I've always believed that the best thing for change in others is being the inspiration. So true.