PDA

View Full Version : Dunn And Bradstreet

mahogny1
12-26-2006, 08:56 AM
has any of you heard of dunn and brad street? they are supposed to build your business credit line.:dunno:

thanx
nadine

msdeevan
12-26-2006, 10:27 AM
YES, they are a very reputable company. Look them up on the net. I'm not sure of where you live but some older business people in NY call being billed for something "being Dunned ".

naturalbeliever
12-26-2006, 12:07 PM
[quote]
has any of you heard of dunn and brad street? they are supposed to build your business credit line.:dunno:

thanx
I once worked at a local newspaper as and advertising executive and we used Dunn & Bradstreet as a tool to determine whether or not advertisers would need to prepay to advertise, or be billed. It's extermely reputable and widely used by many different industries to determine the credit worthiness of businesses.

mahogny1
12-28-2006, 05:26 AM
thank you guys for the information

akishac
01-03-2007, 08:57 AM
It basically helps your business establish its credit reputation-I contacted them about a number, and you can pay for credit building services and that includes the number. The person I was dealing with kind of confused me b/c looking at the site info, I was under the impression that you could get the number for free without purchasing any other services, especially in the case of being a new business. what I have also learned from a friend of mine is that once you apply for business credit with a company, he applied for a line of credit with Apple, and you use the business credit wisely, they send you a number because you have proven your business to be creditworthy.

feepee
01-06-2007, 11:21 AM
I heard of them once i started commercial lending. They are an agency that financial institutions, such as the one I work for, use to determine a business' creditworthiness. i look at it like the credit bureau for a business.