PDA

View Full Version : Bradelocz

thenewme
02-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Hi, I have just started my locs using the bradelocz method. Has anyone else did this or know of someone who did?

Llyons
02-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Me! A little over a month ago.

thenewme
02-10-2004, 01:16 AM
Llyons, How are they coming? How long was your hair when you started? Do you like it? My hair is to my shoulder. I like it but don't know how I am going to do with the latchin'

MuthaErth
02-10-2004, 02:25 AM
my locs were started with braids, so were 3 of my childrens. toy, rockinlocs, and a few other members here have albums.

Aswadah
02-10-2004, 03:20 AM
I started my locs with braids 1 week ago. So far it's an exciting experience. I'm just really anxious to see how my hair is gonna transform over the course of this journey. Patience is definately a virtue. :bubble

thenewme
02-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Aswadah, are you taking pictures of your journey? Everyday they seem to do something different and I like it. I am taking pictures.

ini
02-10-2004, 06:55 PM
toy's locs are started with braids and she has a detailed album

Aswadah
02-10-2004, 08:04 PM
Aswadah, are you taking pictures of your journey? Everyday they seem to do something different and I like it. I am taking pictures.

Yes, I have been taking pictures. It is so exciting to wake up the next morning and see what changes your hair has made. They do seem to transform daily. I am not wrapping my hair up at night like I did when I had loose natural hair, I am however, sleeping on a satin pillow case. I like the way sleeping with my hair loose at night is affecting the progress of my locs. They seem to be fuzzing up faster, which is great, cause maybe this will assist the locing process. They seem to be getting fuller a lil faster too. Lord knows I need all the help I can muster cause my hair texture and density, left unassisted, would take me forever to loc. I used to have THICK hair, but wearing braid extensions throughout the years and without proper conditioning, has broken alot of my hair off. That hurt me to my heart.

But, this is a new day and I'm just itching to see where this loc journey will take me. I've had every other natural hair style over the past 12 years....but THIS is unchartered territory. I'm sooooooo excited. I feel revived and brand, spankin, new. Kinda like when you are in a new relationship with someone. :heart :bis

I will post the pictures that I've taken so far, as soon as I get them developed. I need to get a digital camera and stop being cheap. (Spending more $$$ on developing film in the long run) :blah :offtopic

Anyway, I'll post them soon. :thumbsup

Peace,
Aswadah

alma2254
02-10-2004, 08:10 PM
:yaisse2 I did

thenewme
02-11-2004, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Llyons@Feb 9 2004, 07:12 PM
Llyons, your pictures are cool! :rainfro

Was it hard for you to tighten your locs with the latch hook?

thenewme
02-11-2004, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Aswadah@Feb 10 2004, 03:04 PM
I will post the pictures that I've taken so far, as soon as I get them developed.
I have no excuse, I have a digital camera and just cannot decide on which host site to use to start my page. My sister is a web designer so she will probably assist me. I want it to be nice but not too much. I am not an expert but I know it does help to see someone else as they go through the stages. That was one of the things that I liked about Cherie King site. You knew there was hope for ya. Patience is the key and I have it.

I am sleeping with a silk scarf until I can get a silk pillow case. I am spritzing everyday with an distilled H20/olive oil mixture. Have you tried the aloe vera juice yet? I braided mine up the first night and they have the wavy thing going on. I am way too excited. This site is addicting. I feel like a neophyte.........oh wait, I guess I am again :rainfro

rockinlocs
02-11-2004, 05:30 AM
thenewme,

NOW I know who you are! (recognized your AIM name)

Just wanted to say Welcome!

(Cherie)

thenewme
02-11-2004, 05:46 AM
Hey Cherie,

Like the new title......Thenewme......The new me! :yaisse2

This is the new me thanks to you and advice from others. I feel really good about my journey and I am very excited. :yaisse3

Just enjoying myself and feeling the love!
:bis

QueenLocks
02-11-2004, 03:41 PM
http://www.geocities.com/lrobinsonstone/hair/latch_instruct.jpg

I hope this helps! :pop 8)

Llyons
02-11-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by thenewme@Feb 10 2004, 01:16 AM
Llyons, How are they coming? How long was your hair when you started? Do you like it? My hair is to my shoulder. I like it but don't know how I am going to do with the latchin'
They're coming along good. I'm in the fuzzy stage. My hair was shoulder length when I started. You can click on the link in my signature to see pics. I'm LOVIN' it!

Llyons
02-11-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by thenewme+Feb 11 2004, 04:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thenewme @ Feb 11 2004, 04:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Llyons@Feb 9 2004, 07:12 PM
Llyons, your pictures are cool! :rainfro

Was it hard for you to tighten your locs with the latch hook? [/b][/quote]
Latchhooking was not hard at all. I was amazed at how quickly I caught on. The instructions I had made it easy for me to catch on quick.

Llyons
02-11-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by alma2254@Feb 10 2004, 08:10 PM
:yaisse2 I did
And they&#39;re now beatiful, full, mature locs! :thumbsup

thenewme
02-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Llyons@Feb 11 2004, 06:32 PM
You can click on the link in my signature to see pics. I&#39;m LOVIN&#39; it!
Your site is cool. I love the pictures. I need to get myself together and get some out there. Thank you for the look! :thumbsup

Aswadah
02-12-2004, 02:11 AM
TheNewMe:

Yes, I am using the aloe vera juice daily. I made a spritz concoction with Aloe juice, distilled water, rosemary oil, lavender oil, and a few drops of avacado oil. I love the smell and it makes my hair nice, soft, and frizzy :razz I spritz twice a day. So far, so good.

Aswadah
02-12-2004, 02:17 PM
Sorry, I didn&#39;t use avocado oil, I used a few drops of coconut oil. I also used a little msm powder disolved in distilled water in the spritz. It becomes clear and has hardly any weight to it once dissolved. The msm powder is good for strengthening and thickening the hair. It helps fortify your hair to fight against breaking and it promotes growth. I&#39;ve used it now for about 3-4 months with great results. I take 1500 mg of the msm supplement internally also. It detoxifies your cells. It&#39;s a completely natural mineral found in plants, sea vegetables, and the earth. Just a little additional info.

Peace :)