PDA

View Full Version : from baby locs to shoulder

letshiri
02-09-2004, 09:05 PM
i KNOW it depends on the individual's hair growth, but how long did it take you to see your hair go from baby (and i mean BABY) locs to seeing it get to the shoulder?

Kalico
02-09-2004, 10:31 PM
Not sure how the question can be answered. Baby locks means newly started locks, not locks started from short hair as opposed to longer hair. If you mean how long would it take for braids/coils/twists 2" or less to grow to shoulder length - you might wildy guesstimate at 2-3 years. But then again everybody's hair grows at different rates. Some people have hair that grows faster on the top than it does in the back so it would appear that it takes longer for their hair to reach shoulder length when overall the actual length of their dreads might be longer than someone with shoulder length dreads but its the back part that falls against the shoulders. And there is the shrinkage factor to consider which is also different for each individual. As I said, there is no standard answer.

NaTural_High
02-10-2004, 06:01 AM
I started from the real baby locs, about an inch of hair.. and it took me 3 years to get that length...

chakita1
02-10-2004, 04:30 PM
I started my locs from about 2" of hair 31 months ago (3 years soon!). They reached my shoulder after about 1.5 years, maybe a little sooner. Now they are 2" or more below my shoulder. HTH! :)