PDA

View Full Version : Vitamins

Starpearl
02-10-2004, 05:08 PM
I came across this website http://www.exoticallure.com/, and many others that talk about how important it is to take hair vitamins to have healthy, faster hair growth. Is it true? Do you use hair vitamins? why and why not? If you do use them, have you seen a big difference? What's everyone's take on it?

P.s. If you visited the site have you heard of that vitamin before? and do you think it's ligit?

brittanynic
02-10-2004, 09:26 PM
I take biotin. Don't buy that crap just get some biotin. I take it and it works worders. I take Freeda's brand. Other people take MSM for growth but it give me headaches.

tdhayes
02-10-2004, 09:36 PM
I've never really been big on taking vitamins of any kind...but they seem to work for some folks. I've noticed that my hair seems to grow fast period...and so I can't really speak on vitamins. The only vitamin that I TRY to take on a regular basis is SSS Tonic because it's high in iron and b-vitamins...

W8N2XHL
02-11-2004, 03:56 AM
I take 2000 mcg of biotin daily and I take a high potency multivitamin. I purchased these from Vitamin World, which by the way, is the same company as Puritan's Pride.

If you look in the Health and Wellness Discussion, (search 90 days) you will see my thread title Skin, Hair and Nail Supplements, Do they work. Read and print out the links in Midoria's reply. She was an excellent source of information. I literally printed out her detailed breakdown of supplements and took it to the store with me. I actually carry the print out in my planner. I lost the original copy so I'll be printing again.

Thanks, Midoria!!!

Starpearl
02-11-2004, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the advice!

hairhope
02-13-2004, 12:44 AM
I take vitamins and I think it does contribute to my hair "health" but not necessarily to its "growth."

kinkity
02-13-2004, 04:31 PM
When I took biotin (puritan's pride brand) I experienced a slight growth spurt. I'm gonna try freeda because from what I've heard, better results have been reported.
When I took the msm spring valley brand from walmart, my hair grew a little faster, but it was harder as well. That is probably because it is not pure (others have reported the same resutls) and I'm switching to trimedica because msm should make your hair softer if anything. Plus the spring valley brand only has like half or less msm and the rest is filler!!
Taking evening primrose oil hasn't changed anything in my hair, but I have less cramps for it.
Taking a b-vitamin helped with nails and hair growth.
HTH.

naturalhairlover
02-13-2004, 05:56 PM
I take biotin too and I do believe that I've seen accelerated hair growth. I know that biotin is crucial to hair growth.

:offtopic An active sex life is supposed to help too. :heart :heart :heart

CocoaPure
02-13-2004, 11:02 PM
Yes, I take lots of vitamins and I've always drank tons of water (I think the water is the main reason I've pretty much always had fast growth, even when I'd go through breakage periods - that was the ends - never what was coming out of my scalp). But here's what I take and I'm finding I NEVER get sick anymore and I've been a huge allergy, time of year sufferer:

1. Biotin - for hair/skin/nails
2. Evening Primrose Oil - for cramps and PMS
3. Ocuvite - For Eye health (this also has significant does of Vitamin C) - if you wear glasses or contacts, or have recurring bouts of pink eye - PLEASE take this vitamin!!!
4. MSM Powder - For joints aches and pain - but this one has also been associated with growing hair. I can't tell if it's doing anything for me. I've only been doing this one a month. BUT............I can tell you that if you have arthritis, or suffer from any kind of joint pain whatsoever, this stuff works wonders!!!! I could care less if it never does anythign for my hair - I'll still be taking this stuff! Also, this has been know to detox you and cleanse you out too!! Good Stuff!

And that's it! I'm working out a lot, trying to eat better (chocolate is my weakness) and drinking about 100 ounces of water per day! Hair health can be directly related to how healthy our bodies are in general!

MissLuna7
02-14-2004, 03:34 AM
Vitamins can also help to strengthen your hair, so once it grows it won't break. Usually your nails and skin can be good indicators of your hair's strength (hair strength can be harder to judge). If your nails are really weak, pop some vitamins and your nails and hair should get stronger.

W8N2XHL
02-14-2004, 06:22 AM
When I was in the vitamin store today, I was told that Inositol is vital for your hair, so I'm taking 650mg 2-3 times a day along with my 2000 mcg of Biotin. I'm taking a multivitamin and Triple Omega as well as 1000 mg of Bilberry (vision). I'm feeling my hair on my neck more. I'll see if there are any more results adding the Inositol.

lsubabiedee
02-14-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by CocoaPure@Feb 13 2004, 05:02 PM
3. Ocuvite - For Eye health (this also has significant does of Vitamin C) - if you wear glasses or contacts, or have recurring bouts of pink eye - PLEASE take this vitamin!!!

is this supposed to slow down vision deterioration b/c I have high-grade myopia and im interested...

Ace9
02-14-2004, 07:17 AM
Yeah I have heard of vitamins before. I think people tend to get a bit over the top when I hear people taking hair vitamin after vitamin not to mention when they spend tons of money.

All you need to do to get substantial hair growth, without all the money.

1. Diet: Get that sorted out. Just eat a well balanced.

2. Water: Water is the ultimate tool. Let's just say I remember a comment...'people are walking in various stages of dehydration'. And since our cells are made up of 90% water...this is the best thing.

3. Multi-Vitamin: Just 1 centrium and your sorted. That's just to cover what you don't get from a change of diet. Your diet though should supplement all your needs without the need for vitamins. But in most cases it doesn't.

A9