PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyling And Thinnig Edges

obnab
01-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Hello everyone!

I have been in the transition phase for 3 months. Before I got my hair braided (micros) I had my hair stylist trim my hair. She cut it to about 3-4 inches. Since then I have been wearing the braids. I would like to take my hair down and just wear it natural despite what freinds and husband thinks ( which I have no support from in this matter) but my hair is broken off on the edges...bad. How do I wear such a short hairstyle and still cover my edges? I'm getting the courage from this website to wear my hair short and to even cut it all to get rid of the permed hair, but I don think I'm ready to bear all my naked edges. Does anyone have any pictures of short hairstyles who have issues with bald edges?

LadyEve
01-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Hello everyone!

I have been in the transition phase for 3 months. Before I got my hair braided (micros) I had my hair stylist trim my hair. She cut it to about 3-4 inches. Since then I have been wearing the braids. I would like to take my hair down and just wear it natural despite what freinds and husband thinks ( which I have no support from in this matter) but my hair is broken off on the edges...bad. How do I wear such a short hairstyle and still cover my edges? I'm getting the courage from this website to wear my hair short and to even cut it all to get rid of the permed hair, but I don think I'm ready to bear all my naked edges. Does anyone have any pictures of short hairstyles who have issues with bald edges?
[/b]

I know how you feel, I have a permanent problem that leave me with very little or no hair at my temples, it has been the reason I never could wear short hair styles. My problem cannot be solved, but I am sure it was the braids that caused your hairline problems and there are many ladies on this board as well as the Natural Hair Discussion forum that will have excellent solutions for you. I am sure you hair will grow out with care eventually. :) If you do not get replies on this board try the Natural Hair Discussion forum, the ladies there are very inventive and full of good advice. Good luck!

ParisC
01-08-2007, 01:36 PM
I have the same problem. I have thinning edges, so I was scared to cut my permed ends. I thought the longer my hair, the more it would cover (in it's natural state) the spots. However, that's not the case. I just pull my hair over the spots, and kind of fill it in. I still feel that people can see my edges, when my hair shifts in the wind, etc. Wearing a flower in your hair, or headbands can work. Also, someone told me that eye liner or black eye shadow hides bald spots better.

My signature picture is the pic of my big chop, with my thinning edges "hidden."

Jess82
01-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Well, I have bald spot on my temples and I wear a twa, I put Black mascara on it and it helps conceal the thin edges...