PDA

View Full Version : Chicago And Surrounding Natural And Loc Salons

Clever
01-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Okay I have nver been there but I have heard great things about this salon.
the tribesman
44559 s indiana
(773)268-6900

Please post any natural or LOC salons in the south suburbs please. ....
I want to go but Im not sure where.or whose good

help I live near matteson and Richton park

Clever
01-10-2007, 08:38 AM
please list some salons in the illinois area

msjaim2
01-10-2007, 03:36 PM
DANNY WHO U USED TO WORK @ FREEDOM HAS HER OWN SHOP NOW
GREAT SERVICE...HER NUMBER IS 773 425 5631.
SHE'S ON THE SOUTH SIDE

ledavis1
01-10-2007, 08:52 PM
please list some salons in the illinois area
[/b]

I go to Soul Salon Spa on 43rd and Cottage Grove. Their web address is soulsalonspa.net

Clever
01-12-2007, 08:06 AM
a while ago someone was telling me about a stylist who did locs in Richton park....

anyone know who Im talking about.

Please list any chicago stylist you went to and what natural styles they specialize in.

Loose her or locd hair.

Thanks

nappylo
01-13-2007, 04:11 PM
I used to go to Tribesmen, but now my loctician opened his own salon around the corner from there its on the corner of 43rd and state across from Family Dollar and Amoco. Its called "LOCKOLOGY" and his number is 1-773-536-2800, his name is Lenny. By the way his hair is gorgeously loced too, and maintained by himself.

Nappylo

chilite
01-16-2007, 09:49 AM
I don't have locs, but I second his hair. I live close to his shop and have the occasion to see him often. If I am not mistaken they reach the middle of his back. From the outside his shop is decorated very nicely also.

Clever
01-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Nappyloo how often do you go? Does he twist your new growth and style your hair? How much does he charge? Alot of people have been tellin me good things about Lenny

Majestic
01-16-2007, 07:33 PM
I used to go to Tribesmen, but now my loctician opened his own salon around the corner from there its on the corner of 43rd and state across from Family Dollar and Amoco. Its called "LOCKOLOGY" and his number is 1-773-536-2800, his name is Lenny. By the way his hair is gorgeously loced too, and maintained by himself.

Nappylo
[/b]

Lenny is sexier than the law should allow. Whoo! :wub:

I don't have locs, but I second his hair. I live close to his shop and have the occasion to see him often. If I am not mistaken they reach the middle of his back. From the outside his shop is decorated very nicely also.
[/b]

It's very nice on the inside too-- muted lighting, Black art. It's beautiful.

Clever
01-26-2007, 10:49 AM

Nappylo
[/b]

Thanks Nappy lo...........

I just seen his picture and his hair looks great. I may make me an appointment soon

Clever
02-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Bump!

Nubian21
02-09-2007, 01:49 PM
I have an appointment at Lockology(43rd state) tomorrow with one of the stylist name Alma, I am nervous because this is my second time going to the shop, he first time was not that good.....i will post the pics this weekend

Olawunmi
02-13-2007, 12:37 PM
DiAnne B. Natural Hair
1610 West Highland, Chicago, IL 60660
(773) 764-5127
www.DianneBNaturalHair.com

I have never been here b4, so i don't know what the service is like :dunno: has anyone been there? if so please share. I am going to be making an appointment sometimes in lthe next two weeks, I'll post my experience :P

msjaim2
02-14-2007, 09:53 AM
I have an appointment at Lockology(43rd state) tomorrow with one of the stylist name Alma, I am nervous because this is my second time going to the shop, he first time was not that good.....i will post the pics this weekend
[/b]

yeah, no diss @ all. but i wasnt completely satisfied w/ my services either. I dont use canned oil sheen on my locs ( I had lenny)- good luck. I wanted to try dian b for one of those days I just wanted some one else to twist me up, but shes so far from me and I havent seen any of her work. the good thing about her is she uses natural products ( per our conversation) and she has a hair steamer. I think im going to by one for myself actually.

**EDIT: BTW, HOW DID IT GO

Nubian21
02-15-2007, 11:33 AM
^^^^The appt went good. The lady who did my hair was named Alma and she was really nice and did a good job on my hair. She did my hair really quick too and that was a definite plus.....

FlyGemini
03-29-2007, 08:10 AM
I started my locs w/the Tribesmen before they moved on Indiana (they used to be on 18th & Wabash)--for the record, ALL those men were some FOINE black brothas!!! *salivating* Oh, but this is about hair....so anyway, my loctitian (Shahid) and a couple of other ones (one's name was Speak---he is gorgeous) left and went to a new shop called Completions. It's located on 75th & Lawrence (553 E. 75th to be exact).

I don't have locs anymore, but the entire time I had my locs (a little more than 4 years), I NEVER let another person in my head.

Now that I don't have them anymore, I'm struggling to find a plain natural hair (not loc-exclusive) salon.

ladywithdreads
04-14-2007, 08:03 AM
I started my locs w/the Tribesmen before they moved on Indiana (they used to be on 18th & Wabash)--for the record, ALL those men were some FOINE black brothas!!! *salivating* Oh, but this is about hair....so anyway, my loctitian (Shahid) and a couple of other ones (one's name was Speak---he is gorgeous) left and went to a new shop called Completions. It's located on 75th & Lawrence (553 E. 75th to be exact).

I don't have locs anymore, but the entire time I had my locs (a little more than 4 years), I NEVER let another person in my head.

Now that I don't have them anymore, I'm struggling to find a plain natural hair (not loc-exclusive) salon.
[/b]

[b][size=3][color=#660000]
Greetings...I am new to Nappturality and I need to know a few things..hopefully someone can help a sistah out. I have heard mention of the shop The Tribesmen and from what Ive read they are good but no one has mentioned their prices..for one I have never gone to a loctician so for that reason I'm a bit nervous. I want to add some color to my locs and I want it done professionally. I'm also in *Park-Forest Ill* and would love it if I could find someone reputible close to me. can anyone answer these questions for me? Ive been locked for seven years..my locks are in the middle of my back. ~ladywithdreads~

Scarletjazz
04-18-2007, 05:16 PM
:) Hi, I'm currently out here in Alsip but will be moving to Park Forest soon... hey we need to hang grrl I"m thinking about getting some kinky twists but don't know of a place out south that does them. Any thoughts?

Take care
Scar

quote name='Clever' date='Jan 12 2007, 08:06 AM' post='1471239']
a while ago someone was telling me about a stylist who did locs in Richton park....

Please list any chicago stylist you went to and what natural styles they specialize in.

Loose her or locd hair.

Thanks
[/quote]

mellewsistalocks
04-19-2007, 03:22 PM
DiAnne B. Natural Hair
1610 West Highland, Chicago, IL 60660
(773) 764-5127
www.DianneBNaturalHair.com
I have never been here b4, so i don't know what the service is like :dunno: has anyone been there? if so please share. I am going to be making an appointment sometimes in lthe next two weeks, I'll post my experience :P
[/b]

Olawunmi - I recently had my sisterlocks started with Dianne B. She is excellent - I love her studio and her work!

Love Nappy
04-23-2007, 08:34 PM
Okay I have nver been there but I have heard great things about this salon.
the tribesman
44559 s indiana
(773)268-6900

Please post any natural or LOC salons in the south suburbs please. ....
I want to go but Im not sure where.or whose good

help I live near matteson and Richton park
[/b]

Just FYI
I got to Natural Hair Styles by Kim for comb coils. Her name is Kim Nealy and she has an in house studio for hair. I am very satisfied with my hair and I have seen her loc maintenance work as well. She specializes in Loc Maintenance, Starter Locs, Comb Coil Twists and 2 Strand Twists. Her shop is in South Holland, IL Phone 708-717-9538. If you Google "Natural Hair Styles, South Holland IL her website comes up. She is good and very knowledgeable. I hope this helps.

FlyGemini
04-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Okay I'm answering about 3 people's questions in this one post:

The guy (former Tribesman) I went to is named Shahid (now working out of a natural hair salon named Completions, on 71st and Lawrence). He did my locs for the entire 4 1/2 years I had them and it was $65 (he had told me his prices went up a little bit, but since I was a "vet" I kept the original price). I'm sure it didn't go up much though. I never got mines colored and I never seen him do it so I don't know about that.

However, I just got kinky twists by a sister named Shavon (here is her website) http://www.glo-onnaturalhair.com (what was funny is that at the time she was also working out of Completions, she's now working in the South loop)...here is the style I got: http://www.khamitkinks.com/images/Spiral1.jpg

She did a really good job. Also, she has locs herself and they are a nice blond-ish color (and it still looks healthy, not like some of the dry thin-looking colored locs I've seen), and she said she did them herself, so she may be able to hook your color up for you.

All of her information is on her website.

sandye1957
08-02-2007, 07:58 PM

Loose her or locd hair.

Thanks
[/b]

I haven't visited this thread in a long time! I believe you're talking about Carmen on Sauk Trail. Her number is 708-481-4217. She's at Top Notch (sp?)

palmerwsba
04-05-2009, 03:15 AM
Olawunmi - I recently had my sisterlocks started with Dianne B. She is excellent - I love her studio and her work!
[/b]

Hi! I am thinking about visiting Dianne B to get my sisterlocks. Would you still recommend her? Can you tell me on average how long your retightenings took with her? Thanks.

atrackbrown
04-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Okay I'm answering about 3 people's questions in this one post:

The guy (former Tribesman) I went to is named Shahid (now working out of a natural hair salon named Completions, on 71st and Lawrence). He did my locs for the entire 4 1/2 years I had them and it was $65 (he had told me his prices went up a little bit, but since I was a "vet" I kept the original price). I'm sure it didn't go up much though. I never got mines colored and I never seen him do it so I don't know about that.

However, I just got kinky twists by a sister named Shavon (here is her website) http://www.glo-onnaturalhair.com (what was funny is that at the time she was also working out of Completions, she's now working in the South loop)...here is the style I got: http://www.khamitkinks.com/images/Spiral1.jpg

She did a really good job. Also, she has locs herself and they are a nice blond-ish color (and it still looks healthy, not like some of the dry thin-looking colored locs I've seen), and she said she did them herself, so she may be able to hook your color up for you.

All of her information is on her website.
[/b]

I also go to Shavon. She does a good job. The style in my avatar was done by her.

MyAlabasterBox
05-13-2009, 01:28 PM
My stylist is Sheree at Citrin Wellness Spa at 135 South Clinton. It's downtown across the street from Union Station. I LOVE how she does my two-strand twists and straw sets. The entire salon is nice, very professional.

locsbykim
02-28-2010, 02:26 AM
Hi,
I have a 100% natural and holistic shop in Gary, Indiana should you be interested. Check me out: www.locsbykim.com

I have been creating locs for over 7 years. I would be happy to assist.