PDA

View Full Version : How I Got Started

niknik
02-11-2004, 08:31 PM
Hi everyone,
Its me again. I know kiana7 had some questions on how I got my locs started. Well, I seeked a professional for my starter locs because I was hearing so many different things. Some said use beeswax and some said don't. I was scared because I didn't want to do the wrong thing. Mine was started using the double strand twist method and she used a setting lotion type liquid (I can't think of the name right now). I was really surprised that it held so far because she didn't use any type of gel. I know that you can also use organic's lock and twist gel. Matter of fact, I use that on my boyfriend's hair and it works really well. Right now, I am just sticking to Nature's Blessings. It's an all natural pomade with a mixture of oils like olive, coconut, sage, rosemary, and bergamot. I love it because its light and I like to stick to natural products. I am not going to wash my hair for a month so that it can start to loc. So for right now, I use witch hazel to clean my scalp-anything without alcohol. Like I said, I love my hair and I think I have the patience to endure the long process and the frizziness. To my fellow newly locs, you are not alone. :heart

:offtopic I also encourage everyone to go out and see the UniverSoul Circus. I am trying to go next week.

ByeBye - but not for long

LotsOfLocs
02-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Does Natures Blessing have mineral jelly? If so, it can cause build up and coat the loc, making it not penetratable by water. You dont have to use gels or pomades. The twist will hold with oil alone.

niknik
02-12-2004, 02:27 AM
I think it does, but I will check. Thanks a lot for the advice.