PDA

View Full Version : I chopped.......4 months early

MyReality
02-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Hi Ladies,

I've been transitioning for 4 months and was going to do the BC in late June (for my birthday).

After having a rough day yesterday (tears galore), I took the scissors to my hair last night. I never though hair held so much energy, but I feel a million times better since chopping. I turned on my Waiting to Exhale CD and my sister-in-law went to work. I didn't sleep well worrying about what I was gonna do with it today. Anyway, I went to a wonderful shop on Georgia Avenue, Wash DC (The Stress Free Zone) and got the rest of my ends taken care of. I opted for a wild looking (I didn't want them to look so neat and laid down) set of comb coils for my TWA.

Although I'm not in total love with my new found nappiness just yet, it feels good. Not a tear wanted to fall from my eyes today....not a one. I feel so free!!!!! :rainfro

I am 100% Napptural!!!!!!!!! :razz

naturalhairlover
02-15-2004, 11:29 PM
Congratulations. I hope you love your hair. :)

MissLisa
02-15-2004, 11:58 PM
Congrats! I completely identify with feeling infinitely better after cutting your hair. Have fun with that new sense of freedom! :)

indigo2
02-16-2004, 11:00 PM
:app :app :app

Congrats!!!!!! I can't wait for mine either! My goal date is between April and June but something tells me it will brobably be April!!! My last relaxer was in November!(YESSSS!!!!! )

Melanizm
02-17-2004, 03:18 AM
:d) Congrats!

Sunchild
02-17-2004, 03:19 AM
Congrats! :app

Laluna
02-17-2004, 03:22 AM
Wow...Congratulations!!

MyReality
02-17-2004, 02:03 PM
Thanks Ladies!!!! My SO got to see my hair for the first time last night and he loved it. He ran his fingers through it last night while we were falling asleep.

Although when my mother saw it she said "men like women with long hair". WHATEVER MA!!!! :rolling I told her that just like some men like women with long hair....some men like women with short hair....AND some men like women with natural hair.

Anyway..Enjoy the day and thanks again!!!! :razz

ulovenae
02-17-2004, 03:27 PM
You go girl!!! :app

star0925
02-17-2004, 04:05 PM
Congrats on your chop.
:d) :d) :d)
:dance:

Enjoy the Freedom. :rainfro

MzNGINEAR
02-19-2004, 10:26 PM
:bis :app :bis

Congrats on your big chop!!! Keep ya head up and keep smiling! :-)

I choped early too!! I wanted to transition for a year...well, you can see the stats below!