PDA

View Full Version : Busta's cornrows

adixon
02-15-2004, 09:58 PM
Can anyone tell me how does Busta wear his hair in cornrows and locs at the same time.

QueenLocks
02-15-2004, 10:59 PM
:pop I wanna know too!! My own little theory is the front of his head is full of "New Growth" that is not retwisted.

sharynleigh
02-16-2004, 12:32 AM
My son's barber has locs and cornrows in front. The reason is because his hair is thinning. (male pattern baldness) Some of his locs thinned out until they fell off. He cornrows the new growth around the balding area so that it looks better.

Maybe Busta might have this situation too.

NaturallyYou
02-16-2004, 05:14 AM
whatever it is, i love busta's hair! i thought he just had his locs cornrowed. i haven't seen it up real close so i never thought about him having loose hair cornrowed in front. another aj/106&park situation! :shock

Brit
02-16-2004, 02:22 PM
i think busta cornrows his locs.

joie2viv
02-17-2004, 02:43 AM
I think he cornrows his locs too, but whatever he does, they are beautiful!

ReddyLoques
02-17-2004, 03:26 AM
There's no locks around the front and sides.. its loose hair that he cornrows up like AJ from 106 n park.. Very creative and cool looking. But I like busta's alot betta than AJ's.

adixon
02-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Now that makes sense. I was just curious. Has anyone seen a up close picture that they could post? I really enjoy the creativity that some people have with natural hairstyles.

blufaerie
02-17-2004, 01:30 PM
I used to have a pic of busta's locs a few years ago when he was grwing out the front of his hair. He used to have locs all over, but snipped the front. :cen I think his style is innovative, and proff of loc versatility.

:bubble

QueenLocks
02-17-2004, 03:27 PM
Here is his site!! http://www.bustarhymes.com/site.html

Check out the photo section! :pop

feepee
02-17-2004, 08:23 PM
hate ta break it to ya, but they are fake. the cornrows and flat twists are generally his hair, the rest is fake.

but i still lust after tha brotha!

blufaerie
02-17-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by blufaerie@Feb 17 2004, 02:30 PM
I used to have a pic of busta's locs a few years ago when he was grwing out the front of his hair. He used to have locs all over, but snipped the front. :cen I think his style is innovative, and proff of loc versatility.

OMG!!! I was typing too fast...What kind of phrase is this?

:offtopic
any idea why I cant edit my posts?

QueenLocks
02-17-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by feepee@Feb 17 2004, 05:23 PM
hate ta break it to ya, but they are fake. the cornrows and flat twists are generally his hair, the rest is fake.

FAKE?! Really? I remember when his locs were only 4 inches long! He was in A Tribe Called Quest Video "Scenario".....

Aswadah
02-18-2004, 05:01 AM
Busta has been loced for a looooooong time. He started when he was with the group Leaders of the New School. I doubt seriously that his locs are fake. I think he's just cut some and left the ones in the back there.

silkgirl2
02-18-2004, 07:32 AM
I really like his hair, i think it very different and i think one reason he might have some cornrows is to be more versitile.

feepee
02-18-2004, 06:29 PM
remember that video, the name escapes me at right now...? anywayz he cut ALL of his hair off, then suddenly he had a crap load of dreds again.

i could be wrong... it could have been some special affects, but if he cut them and grew 'em back that quick, i wanna know the secret!

Aswadah
02-18-2004, 06:58 PM
Yeah FeePee, I do remember that video. It was at the end of it and they showed him getting his hair cut off. I tripped out when I saw that and waited to see him appear on something else so I could examine his new doo after his big chop. I saw him on a video show right after the video played and he had a head full of hair! I was like "WHAT THE....! :shock" After that, I assumed it was all special effects. You know Busta is very innovative with his videos.....he's the male Missy Elliott.

QueenLocks
02-18-2004, 08:40 PM
He uses a lot of Special FX though. :pop

paulicia
02-18-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by feepee@Feb 17 2004, 03:23 PM
:shocked I thought I was the only one!

tjolims
02-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by feepee@Feb 18 2004, 12:29 PM
remember that video, the name escapes me at right now...? anywayz he cut ALL of his hair off, then suddenly he had a crap load of dreds again.

i could be wrong... it could have been some special affects, but if he cut them and grew 'em back that quick, i wanna know the secret!
That was that song he did with Kelis..."Busta, what it is right now?" or something like that.

ShekinahSoul
02-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Now this is an interesting combo. How do you cornrow the new growth without the hair being totally loose :-P I mean wouldn't you have have to pull the hair out of the locs just to do the cornrow?

http://www.bustarhymes.com/images/busta_stills_01-3.jpg

ShekinahSoul
02-18-2004, 10:12 PM
Hmmm his locs are delicious :d)

http://www.bustarhymes.com/images/busta_stills_01-7.jpg

Evolution19
02-18-2004, 10:20 PM
I saw the making of the busta/kelis video....it was all special effects. That's all im sure about...i'm not sure if his dreads are fake (i hope not) and i'm not sure how he achieves his styles...but i do wanna know.

joie2viv
02-19-2004, 01:05 AM

I thought I was the only one!

MEEE TOOO!

Lockadelic
02-19-2004, 02:18 AM
he had locs since leaders of the new school, i doubt if they are fake now. he does have the front braided with the edges shaped up and it looks nice. a lot of brothas started copying his style, but i do like it.

Lockadelic
02-19-2004, 02:19 AM
he did say that video was effects, that he did not cut them off, just special effects. cuz i was like NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

paulicia
02-19-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by ShekinahSoul@Feb 18 2004, 05:10 PM
Now this is an interesting combo. How do you cornrow the new growth without the hair being totally loose :-P I mean wouldn't you have have to pull the hair out of the locs just to do the cornrow?

I have a sistah friend who does this w/ her locs sometimes. Hers were started in neat little rows, sort of like when you part the hair for individual braids, so she is able to cornrow her locs all the way to the back of her head.

paulicia
02-19-2004, 02:27 PM
It looks like poor Busta also has had some breakage, which is probably why it's shaved up front with some un-loc'ed hair braided. Whoever his loctician is is the stuff because most loc wearers w/ these problems would've probably given up a long time ago, but his have been transformed into his own unique style.

toy
02-19-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by paulicia+Feb 19 2004, 09:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (paulicia @ Feb 19 2004, 09:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ShekinahSoul@Feb 18 2004, 05:10 PM
Now this is an interesting combo. How do you cornrow the new growth without the hair being totally loose :-P I mean wouldn&#39;t you have have to pull the hair out of the locs just to do the cornrow?

I have a sistah friend who does this w/ her locs sometimes. Hers were started in neat little rows, sort of like when you part the hair for individual braids, so she is able to cornrow her locs all the way to the back of her head. [/b][/quote]
that&#39;s how i assumed he achieved his styles. regardless, his locs are fly and they really suit him.

feepee
02-19-2004, 03:03 PM
ok, i&#39;m actually glad to hear he didn&#39;t REALLY cut his hair. When i saw the video i was almost screaming cuz i luv dat man&#39;s hair. And i really didn&#39;t lust after him till he did that video with Mariah Carey. For some reason he just looked sexy than a mug and i SWEAR that man was looking at me

&#39;baby if u give it to me, i&#39;ll give it to you, i&#39;ll do what you want, you know i got it&#39;

QueenLocks
02-19-2004, 03:04 PM
I&#39;m mad!! every time I post a pic, it disappears!!! ^%$#@!&*!

blacque_gurl
02-19-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by blufaerie@Feb 17 2004, 09:30 AM
I used to have a pic of busta&#39;s locs a few years ago when he was grwing out the front of his hair. He used to have locs all over, but snipped the front. :cen I think his style is innovative, and proff of loc versatility.

My friend who started my locs did this with her daughter&#39;s hair a while back. Her locs are a little longer than shoulder-length. It&#39;s nice how she does all the different styles in front. Very pretty.

MissLoccs
02-19-2004, 05:43 PM
I didn&#39;t know that part of his hair was fake? Oh well it still looks good. :)

nappikay
02-20-2004, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by feepee@Feb 17 2004, 01:23 PM

Don&#39;t you remember when Busta was in Leaders of the New School? If you have paid any attention to him ( like I have) over the last decade you would have noticed the slow progress he has made. Those big pretty loc didn&#39;t pop out of no where. I beg to differ with your extension theory. :smug

Aswadah
02-20-2004, 02:30 AM
I think we are all pretty clear (if you&#39;ve followed the entire thread) that Busta&#39;s locs are not fake and that he&#39;s just cut the front for unique styling options.

NOW.....

Quote from FeePee:

"ok, i&#39;m actually glad to hear he didn&#39;t REALLY cut his hair. When i saw the video i was almost screaming cuz i luv dat man&#39;s hair. And i really didn&#39;t lust after him till he did that video with Mariah Carey. For some reason he just looked sexy than a mug and i SWEAR that man was looking at me"

End Quote.

SISTA! Busta was just toooooo sexy in that video. I was like LAWD HAVE MUSSY!! I had never looked at Busta like that before. He was putting the seductive eyes and everything down in that one. He has his own unique sexiness going on, on the down low.

Lockadelic
02-20-2004, 06:09 PM
THANK YOU NAPPYKAY, im sure people gotta remember leaders of the new school or at least when Busta did the video with Tribe Called Quest, "Scenario".

ValleyOfDecision
02-20-2004, 11:44 PM
I LOVE his locks. Yummy. As for him, he&#39;s not a Chris Webber (my fake husband), but he has sex appeal and the locks SURE do add to it. :thumbsup