PDA

View Full Version : What In The Hell Is Wrong With My Dog?

Jazitones
02-13-2007, 08:27 AM
We recently put new hard floor in your family room, because we found out that Buddy did some pee pee sessions on the carpet. :Angry: Okay I know that carpet is not a good thing for dogs, because once they bless that spot, no amount of shampooing with take the scent away.

We woke up the next morning and this dog (who I love so much) had pissed on my leather sofa. All I can say is my husband was so mad that I had to protect the dog for 3 days. :lol: Well what I don't under stand is why would he get up on the dam sofa and piss on the sofa? Has this happen to anyone else? My dog is almost 8 years old and he knows better. He's acting like his mind is gone. :huh:

dsg-girly&curly
02-13-2007, 09:06 AM
I don't know, isn't 8 dog years like 56 human years. My doggie (also 8 years old) is loosing it too; she does weird stuff and she is more stubborn than ever (she’s always been spoiled), she acts like an old woman (like around 80 years old).

I'm assuming you have a smaller breed because hopping up on the couch to pee.............well that seems like that took some doing.

Whenever my dog starts to act too crazy, I give her a good old fashion newspaper swapping followed by two-three hours in the garage or back yard, depending on the weather. Now my dog is a rottweiler and a newspaper swapping only insults her and hurts her feelings :blush: but she usually straightens up until the next time ^_^ .

Jazitones
02-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Yeah he's a little ****. I had to punish him, because my husband was theatening to kick him out or kick his azz. :( Now I had to protect him since my daughter is away at school, but deep down in side I wanted to kick his little azz also. :P But I just restrict him from that area for now.

I recently let him stay out all night and I believe he's learn his lesson. I hope so, because if he does it again then he will have is little own house downstairs in basement.

Lockolatte
02-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Maybe he has a urinary tract infection.

AussieCurl
02-13-2007, 08:26 PM
I feel your pain with this dog. Let me just say upfront that I don't believe in hitting or depriving an animal EVER works for these types of problems. Consistently rewarding good behaviour is now considered the most progressive methods of animal training.

Assuming you've taken this animal to the vet to rule out any physical problems, the issue is clearly social.

How often do you walk the dog? Does it have easy access to the outdoors (e.g. a doggie door?). Has your schedule changed lately? You mentioned recently changing the floors. Are you renovating the house? Noise, smells, workman--these things can frighten an animal and make them became unsettled for a period and revert to this type of puppy behaviour.

Good luck with it.

Jazitones
02-13-2007, 10:54 PM
I feel your pain with this dog. Let me just say upfront that I don't believe in hitting or depriving an animal EVER works for these types of problems. Consistently rewarding good behaviour is now considered the most progressive methods of animal training.

Assuming you've taken this animal to the vet to rule out any physical problems, the issue is clearly social.

How often do you walk the dog? Does it have easy access to the outdoors (e.g. a doggie door?). Has your schedule changed lately? You mentioned recently changing the floors. Are you renovating the house? Noise, smells, workman--these things can frighten an animal and make them became unsettled for a period and revert to this type of puppy behaviour.

Good luck with it.
[/b]

He's on schedule with his outdoor walks. I believe the change in the environment may have effect on him.

a_fro_will_grow
02-24-2007, 07:01 PM
We recently put new hard floor in your family room, because we found out that Buddy did some pee pee sessions on the carpet. :Angry: Okay I know that carpet is not a good thing for dogs, because once they bless that spot, no amount of shampooing with take the scent away.

We woke up the next morning and this dog (who I love so much) had pissed on my leather sofa. All I can say is my husband was so mad that I had to protect the dog for 3 days. :lol: Well what I don't under stand is why would he get up on the dam sofa and piss on the sofa? Has this happen to anyone else? My dog is almost 8 years old and he knows better. He's acting like his mind is gone. :huh:
[/b]

You might want to try taking your dog to the vet. I had the same problem with my dog. She kept peeing on the couch. The last straw was when she took a poop. My husband (as much as he loves our little furbaby) wanted to toss her out of the door. A vet visit revealed that she had a UTI, and she was probably acting out to get our attention. So try taking your pooch to the vet just to make sure it's not a medical issue.

Good Luck

Jazitones
02-25-2007, 07:30 AM
You might want to try taking your dog to the vet. I had the same problem with my dog. She kept peeing on the couch. The last straw was when she took a poop. My husband (as much as he loves our little furbaby) wanted to toss her out of the door. A vet visit revealed that she had a UTI, and she was probably acting out to get our attention. So try taking your pooch to the vet just to make sure it's not a medical issue.

Good Luck
[/b]

Someone mention this before, he has a appointment next month for his shots. I think I might make this appoint sooner. I have him check for UTI. thanks. :)