PDA

View Full Version : ...I have a weird question...

FreedomPlease
02-16-2004, 04:47 PM
Hello,

My locs will be 8 months in a week or so, and I have a question about oiling my locs. Before it was easy to apply a little oil to help with the dryness but since my hair has grown out it seems to take forever. Meaning, I use jojabo oil (I misspelled it...) and it's runny and everywhere. :smug

So here is the question...finally :) is there a way to have a lite cream based oil. I would love to make a cream based oil the say way I made my spritz with the essential oils that I love...something made by me for me.

Any input :coffee

cateyesmd
02-16-2004, 05:03 PM
I can't comment because I haven't started my locs yet, but I'm watching you Freedom as I plan to start with NappyLocs also.

ETA: "I'm watching you..." meaning I'll be reading your post and tracking your journey for tips on what to do when I start. :)

Sonryse
02-16-2004, 06:45 PM
I wondered the same..I would love to make a cream based EO product.

NaturallyJade
02-16-2004, 06:49 PM
How about a butter? I have made a few and they are light. I posted in the Homemade products forum.

marissasensei
02-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Why don't you try adding some jojoba oil to water and just spritzing that mixture on your hair?

ETA: Maybe you can look into getting one of those "Misto" olive oil sprayers they sell for use in the kitchen. They give off a fine mist, and it should work well with jojoba oil.

FreedomPlease
02-17-2004, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by cateyesmd@Feb 16 2004, 11:03 AM
I can't comment because I haven't started my locs yet, but I'm watching you Freedom as I plan to start with NappyLocs also.

ETA: "I'm watching you..." meaning I'll be reading your post and tracking your journey for tips on what to do when I start. :)
:offtopic Well, if you decide to watch...just overlook when I goof :lol Email me if you ever have a question.

OK, back to the subject...the idea of the "Misto". I was also told by a friend to try Shea butter.

So I will check in the homemade products. But I guess what I have in mind :huh is something that is light and that I apply directly to my scalp, so that I won't have to be concerned with build-up. Also I like to side down every once in a while and just pay attention to each lock. My babies reward me when I do...:dance:

Is the butter light?

Ok, :offtopic again...I get these urges to make things. I started with the hats and head gear, my spray is off the hook :app , and now I would like to try the cream and maybe soap.

NaturallyJade
02-17-2004, 05:51 AM
The butter is light. :) It gives my baby locs a very nice sheen. It is not greasy. I have the butter to my scalp a few times. I usually use coconut, grapeseed, or jojoba (mixed with a few drops of rosemary & ylang ylang) for nightly scalp massages.

aquababie19
02-17-2004, 07:30 PM
well i am not using any thick products on my locs. this would include any butters or creams. i will either spritz with an oil/water mixture or spritz with water and apply oil with my hands.