PDA

View Full Version : KNITTERS

vixxen13
02-16-2004, 07:45 PM
does anyone know a pattern for how to knit that gap skinny scarf, you know the one with umm about three stripes running from top to bottom. i always wanted to knit that but i don't know if i would need to use intarsia, i don't know how to do that yet but im learning, or if i could do it another way.

BTW i have a pic of the scarf on my computer but i dont know how to show pics on my posts.

kichca
02-17-2004, 08:24 PM
I think I know which one you're talking about. I don't think intarsia is needed for it. You would just begin a new color at the beginning of the row and work that color for however long you want. Then, you'd switch colors and continue on in that manner. For a different effect, you could knit the scarf the long way, casting on a lot of stitches with a circular needle. You'd switch colors in the same manner, but you'd only work it for about 4-5 inches long, or however wide you'd want your skinny scarf. HTH

vixxen13
02-20-2004, 09:58 PM
thanx. good cause i intarsia looks hard. someone else mentioned stitching lengthwise but wouldnt that take forever. i mean could you do it all on one set of circular needles or would you need to do it in sections and then attach them together?

flynppy
02-22-2004, 01:30 AM
You good do it on a circular needle that has a cable of 47 or 60 inches. You would not need to do it in sections. Just add the new color at the appropriate time.

kichca
02-24-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by flynppy@Feb 21 2004, 09:30 PM
You good do it on a circular needle that has a cable of 47 or 60 inches. You would not need to do it in sections. Just add the new color at the appropriate time.
I agree. You may be able to use a shorter length, but that would involve having to bunch up your scarf quite a bit as you work it, and that could make it very heavy to work with.