PDA

View Full Version : Screen Me Up Scotty

naturalisbeauty
02-24-2007, 07:27 AM
What are your thoughts on sunscreen and our skin? Do you use it? Do you UNDERSTAND the importance of it? Do you consider yourself the exception because of the amount of melanin on your beautiful skin? Thoughts comments all welcomed :yes:

Finally,

Any suggestion on good sunscreens for you sunscreen wearing beauties.

p.s just had my physical yesterday and I was asked why I didn't use it and I didn't have valid reason...so sunscreen here I come. :bolt:

Hamira
02-24-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm highly melanated and I've used sunscreen religiously since I was 19. My grandmother never used sunscreen a day in her life had no wrinkles. I'm not taking any chances though, her diet, environment and lifestyle was way different from mine. I plan on being the most well-preserved 80 yr old hottie and that kind of vision starts now.

monicasuperstar
02-24-2007, 04:21 PM
I used to use sunscreen when I was a preteen, because when I turned 10 or 11, in the summer, I wouldn't get dark/tan, I started getting freckles. So I wore sunscreen for the next couple summers to keep the freckles from multiplying (and it worked). I haven't worn sunscreen since I was a kid (and I get a few new freckles each year across my nose and my cheeks).

I know it's important because of damaging UV rays to wear sunscreen daily, even in winter, but I don't. I need to find one that doesn't make me feel greasy and one that is fragrance free and one that doesn't make me break out.

But I honestly don't think I'll start wearing one, even though I know I should. :( I'll probably regret it later.

Delushious, do you wear sunscreen all over your body, or just on your face?

LuvJones
02-24-2007, 06:43 PM
I use sunscreen made by clinque(sp?) it's oil free and SPF 40. I love it. I too want to be a well preserved 80yr old hottie as well! :lol:

Hamira
02-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Delushious, do you wear sunscreen all over your body, or just on your face?
[/b]

Just my face and sometimes on my hands(if I squezze out too much). I used to use Neutrogena Dry Touch© in spf 30 or 45(30 worked best for me). Now I use Age Shelid© also by Neutrogena and I can skip moisturizer with this one. It's one of the best I've used so far, not too greasy and it doesn't leave that grayish-white film that I get with other sunscreens. Not to mention it's only about $10 and readily avaliable.

Ms_Ebony
02-24-2007, 11:01 PM
Yep I stick with my trusty Olay Complete!

olympia621
02-25-2007, 12:16 AM
I use Neutragena or Oil of Olay in SPF 15. I didn't think about my hands but I guess I will start.

OT: Delish, love your avatar. Please put it in your album so I can stalk it!!!! (In a good way!)