PDA

View Full Version : All Natural Makeup

cocoagirl
03-15-2003, 02:52 AM
Do You use it? What is your experience and faves. I was reading a health magazine today and they suggested the following alternatives:

1) Aubrey Organics (nat'l translucent base)
2) Burt's Bees (blushing cream)
3) Dr. Hauschka (mascara)
4) Ecco Bella (eye shadow)
5) Hemp Organics (lip color)
5) Kiss My Face (tinted moisturizer)

Would you give up your Mac's etc. for these all natural products?

elleebeme5
03-15-2003, 12:25 PM
If I were having trouble with the brands I use, then I'd switch. I have sensitive skin so I'm used to paying a bit more so the additional costs would not be a concern. Right now, I'm doing okay.

Peppa
03-16-2003, 03:20 AM
I may be a lil' off here but does anyone know whether MAC's make up clogs the pores?

marissasensei
03-16-2003, 03:47 AM
I think it varies by the product. I remember some people saying that Studio Fix made them break out, but I never had any problems with either it or the blot powder when i used them. I'm not sure about their other powders/foundations. Check out www.zerozits.com -- I think that site has a list of "safe" cosmetics.

ollypitts2
03-16-2003, 05:46 PM
I've heard that MAC's foundations can be pore-clogging, but I didn't believe the hype until a couple of months ago. I stopped using MAC because I found that I preferred the lightness of Prescriptives. After being away from MAC for a month or so I noticed an improvement in my skin. Bear in mind I also use prescription meds for acne, but I was using them at the time when I was a regular MAC user so there may be something to the concerns about the brand.

Sorry for the hijack! :)

Peppa
03-16-2003, 11:55 PM
I've heard that MAC's foundations can be pore-clogging, but I didn't believe the hype until a couple of months ago. I stopped using MAC because I found that I preferred the lightness of Prescriptives. After being away from MAC for a month or so I noticed an improvement in my skin. Bear in mind I also use prescription meds for acne, but I was using them at the time when I was a regular MAC user so there may be something to the concerns about the brand.

Sorry for the hijack! :)
Is the prescriptives the one that has different colors in the powder?

khamedra19
03-18-2003, 02:26 AM
Hemp Organics lip sticks are fly. I had a blackberry (I know y'all remember Revlon's Blackberry from back in the day) like one. Not sure if all HO colors are sheer, but the 'blackberry' one was.

NappyGoddesse
03-18-2003, 01:07 PM
Hello Ladies,

To answer some of your questions, yes, MAC does clog pores. In fact, all makeup clogs pores - that's what evens out skin tones and makes unsightly and unwanted things disappear. This is why it is important to wash it off before you go to bed!! Whenever you cover your face with anything with the intention of "covering it up" then your pores are more than likely to not be able to breathe. Natural, or not, it will cover your pores. Now natural is usually better, but know what products your skin reacts to because I tried Aveda powder and my face broke out where I have never broken out before. Now I'm on medication because in 3 months, even after throwing it away and going back to my natural facial cleanser products - it hasn't gone away! (Not intended to scare anyone, just trying to help!)

My point is that whatever makeup you choose to wear is fine, as long as you ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS wash your face and the heavier the makeup, the more you should wash (not necesarily with lather - some people's skin doesn't react really good to lather), but you know what I mean. Plus, MAC is a studio makeup, intended for heavier coverage, so it will be a bit thicker than most, like Cover Girl, or Maybelline, so a heavier or more cleanser will more than likely be needed.