PDA

View Full Version : Weave

myrica
02-18-2004, 07:26 AM
Ive herd that transitioning with a sewn in weave was a good thing. Because i can acheive alot of growth. But I also herd that, just because my hair is growing long, it might become thinner. due to no oxygen getting to the hair under the weave. Do you think this is a good idea to do or not? :doh :shock :coffee

carlaw78
02-18-2004, 09:40 AM
We'll I transitioned with a weave for 2 1/2 months, and it was great. I used the curly weave hair so that it would be LOW maintenance and it was. U just have to take care of your hair underneath still. Keep it hydrated and mositurize and also don't leave it in longer than three months, your hair might start breaking.....Good luck

AfrikaIzin_My_Hair
02-18-2004, 03:47 PM
Transitioning with weave or braids is okay, but not for an extended amount of time. It's best to get to learn how to care for your natural hair early on. The sooner the better.

Dolliesdaughter
02-18-2004, 04:40 PM
Try to do without so that you will learn your hair.

Kashanti
02-19-2004, 05:47 PM
I am transitioning with sew-in weaves and braid extensions while my hair is growing out. I don't find my hair to be thinner, but I do think it is important not to wear them for extended amounts of time. You need to learn best how to work with your own texture of hair.

jambrit24
02-19-2004, 08:21 PM
i was always told that weaves break your hair. but i guess its just about who does it teh style and how you treat the hair underneath

babygurl
02-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Right!!!!

MzNGINEAR
02-19-2004, 11:15 PM
Weave it up...Braid it up...It's all good. Just keep in mind that you still have to take care of your own hair. If the style you have is too tight...take it down! Make sure you just keep up your natural hair and everything should work out good for you.