PDA

View Full Version : Fitness professionals

teekydawg
02-19-2004, 12:14 AM
i just started teaching aerobics and i am interested in pursuing certification. i live in a remote area and would have to do it from home. any suggestions? also when preparing my routines, i've been looking for online sites to help me...but i haven't found any good ones.

BlkButterflye
02-19-2004, 05:36 AM
hey teekydawg.....

i am a fitness professional and love it.....i received my PT and aerobic certification from AFAA http://www.afaa.com

ACE and AFAA are the two most reputable certification organizations.... and the cost is much higher too....

i really don't think that it matters much who certifies you..... i do think that it is important to get certified though......

the practical exams were both pretty easy....the pt (personal training) practical consisted of identifing different muscle groups, prime movers, anagonist muscles, and what exercises would strengthen certain parts of the body....in the aerobic practical, a routine was taught and we had to recite it back to the instructors with minimum error....

please feel free to pm if you more questions.....good luck....1 and 2 and 3 and 4....hehe

teekydawg
02-19-2004, 12:53 PM
thanks BlkButterflye!

i had my first class yesterday and they loved me. what a relief. i'm sure as i go along i will only get better.......whew :thumbsup

Nappilocs
02-19-2004, 01:52 PM
I also have AFAA(group) and ISSA (PT)certifications.
I agree with BBF in terms of AFAA and ACE being reputable companies.

teekydawg
02-23-2004, 03:55 PM
i'm bumping this because i really need some online resources for routine development. i found one site that has pictures but i have the hardest time with search engines. i never pick the words that are popular and end up with wack sites.

i do a varied routine 25-30 minutes of aerobic activity (kickboxing, aerobics and step aerobics) then 20-25 minutes of strength training (bar, weights and ball combo & resistance strap) then i stretch it out. i encorporate yoga postures whenever possible. i'm working with a mixed group of levels and i try to develop ways to vary the intensity.

SO PLEASE DIRECT ME TO SOME GOOD RESOURCES: WEBSITES, BOOKS, MUSIC....THANKS!