PDA

View Full Version : Mentor, Advise, something needed

teekydawg
02-19-2004, 02:43 PM
i have had a site since october and have only recieved 2000 hits. i have researched and implemented meta tags, i've added links to about 3-4 sites, i have listings in yahoo shopping since november but only 5 clicks from that, i've done ebay with no luck (and about to hit it again), i've changed my site 4-5 times.

my goal is to make approx $200-$300 dollars a month and i haven't come close, i actually haven't come close to making back my expenses.

i'm looking for some good solid tips or even critique of my site......anything.....i know that perhaps there is no demand and i will eventually have to leave it alone or keep it up with no expectation but i would like to give it all the effort i can before throwing in the towel.

oh, hitting the pavement definetly yields better results but i'm not able to do that until the late spring early summer....so i'm trying to build a solid web existance.

So if you can help a sista out!!!!!! :-cre pleeeease do!!!
I have thick skin....so be brutally honest....

Dreamyb
02-21-2004, 02:38 AM
bump

winnie
02-24-2004, 03:29 AM
I checked out your site and you seem to have some nice products. However, the picture quality is rather poor and it was really hard for me to see the details of the merchandise. Also, in my opinion, there were way too many models. The emphasis should be on the product, not the model. Also, instead of having pics of all the different headwraps on the home page, why not try having one item from each of your categories and having each icon serve as the button to see the rest items in that particular group.

2curly
03-07-2004, 05:02 AM
I see nothing with having different models displaying the various different head wraps. The picture quality is good. I like your t-shirts. I've been thinking about creating cute t's myself for a while.

Have you ever thought about creating ad banners?
Use the banners for buying clicks
Purchasing Keywords
Along with the keywords add on a target campaign. Say someone does a search for head bands or bra strap bands in yahoo. Your ad banner is loaded and displayed.

Purchasing website traffic?

There are some others at the tip of my mind but bare with me. its 1am.

aybee77
03-07-2004, 05:30 PM
DISCLAIMER -- I am not a e-business guru or anything, just a person that does occasionally buys stuff off the web. So my comments are really from a customer viewpoint.

I really do like your products, I've been looking for headbands and hair scarves. I will probably buy something in the future. My suggestions / comments are the following:

I'm not sure how long you've had this site up. I was looking on google for headbands, and never came across your site.

I don't really like the fact that you can't see the prices until after you add a headband to the cart ... just my opinion.

Small / Medium / Large - What does a size mean? Maybe in inches or something. It's different than a t-shirt, where you kind of know the sizing standards.

teekydawg
03-07-2004, 05:38 PM
thank you ladies for the comments....i've changed my site so much i keep neglecting to put stuff up that was previously there....like the prices... i'm still working on more pictures and fabric swatches and i'll get those prices back up today.

thanks again...peace

@ 2curly...i've researched and will do those things if ever i make some money but right now i'm averaging 2-3 orders a month and do not have the funds to do those things....i'm about to do a free banner exchange through MSN once i feel confident i have the right keywords.

2curly
03-08-2004, 02:19 AM
teekydawg:

One great thing about CPC <cost per click> is that you can set your budget and price.
You control what you spend per month or per click. So if you have a $10 budget a month, your campaign ends after you reached your set budget.
It&#39;s not as expensive as you may think and you can see quickly if you&#39;re getting results.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Oh yeah also, do you have access to your website&#39;s web logs? Are you able to keep track of your website referrals?
Example:

Who&#39;s sending you the most traffic and whats the percentage of that traffic thats being converted to sales?
If your targeted percentage isn&#39;t good ditch em if it&#39;s not working.
2 months and never any sales from a banner ad or recipricol link is enough to dump.
Geographicly where do your customers and visitors come from.?
If they do order, where are the majority of your orders coming from?
If you&#39;re not doing this already this is a good free thing that can help out with your marketing and site placement efforts.

You have listings in yahoo shopping but is your site listed in its or googles search engine?
----------------------------------------------------------

Also these things are a good thing to know if YOU DO purchase webtraffic, then you&#39;ll know if your purchase is working. Webtraffic can be sent to you in 7 -30 day campaigns. Example You can buy 10000-20000 visitors in 7 days. You can watch your logs and sales and pretty much get a quick idea if your efforts are working.
Haha its 10:10pm and I&#39;m more clear headed as you can see from my ramble.

teekydawg
03-08-2004, 05:47 PM
@2curly--i&#39;m writing my checklist down now....good looking out!

Seoul
03-11-2004, 02:32 PM
8) Cool! This is a great topic! Thanks for sharing!

butta_cream
04-07-2004, 05:12 PM
this is a great topic. im interested in starting my own web based business.