PDA

View Full Version : Machine Embroidery

23psalms
02-22-2004, 02:12 AM
Hello,
Are there any machine embroiderers out there and if so, do you have a source for African American designs? I can digitize my own, but can't draw very well.

Thanks.

Artsyblack
02-23-2004, 08:05 AM
Hi 23pslams,

My aunt showed me a few african designs (prints, people, poses etc) that are programmed into her embroidery machine. Other than that I'm not aware of any other resources that have AA designs. But I will keep an eye open.

Question.

How do you digitize drawings into your machine? As I mentioned, my aunt has a machine but rarely uses it and I have premission to use it whenever I like. It cost around $2000 so I know a person can do a lot with it. Is there computer software and involved?

Keep working on your drawing skills so that you can be the 1st or one of the few designers out there!! I can see the embroidered jean jackets coming back into fashion.

23psalms
02-23-2004, 10:41 PM
I have digitizing software from Amazing Designs. When I bought my machine, the software was included so it was a pretty good deal...and it works very well on one dimensional designs. Adding another dimension seems to be quite difficult to digitize. There are some professional digitizing companies out there, but I haven't used any of them. I would love to hone my drawing skills, because I'm working on a jacket right now, and having my thoughts on the jacket would've been extra cool. I think it's pretty, but I'm not done with it yet. Thanks for the response Artsyblack.