PDA

View Full Version : How many of you plan to open up your own business

tangytic
02-23-2004, 01:07 AM
Do you plan on retiring from your current career working towards that pension and 401K savings.
Are you happy with your present jobs?
Is it your love or passion?
How important is money to you (would you do this job if the money wasn't good)
Do you truly have passions outside of your job and if so how are you working towards it?

ChiChiKinks
02-23-2004, 01:20 PM
I would like to retire only if I am working for the government, if not, then I am looking to opening up my own business in the future, not necessarily in my current field, but a business is a business as long as it is profitable and you enjoy doing it.

Deej
02-23-2004, 04:36 PM
I plan on working for myself, hopefully soon.

It's definitely not in the field I'm doing now.

I'm still trying to pinpoint exactly what it is I'd like to be doing. So, I am doing lots of soul searching . I also have my MIL, and DH who are the only two who seem to believe that I can do something on my own, which is very helpful.

I am not happy with my current job but I look at it as a learning experience. Even if its teaching me what NOT to do later on.KWIM

Geminibrown78
02-28-2004, 04:42 AM
I'm hoping to start a media production company in a few years, right now I'm just doing a lot of research and working crazy overtime.

arlyndenee
02-28-2004, 08:18 AM
Are you happy with your present jobs?
I was teaching and I loved it! I could have stayed in the profession but it wasn't where my heart was at. Besides, at the institution where I taught, the administration NEVER had our backs. NEVER EVER!

Is it your love or passion?
It was partially my passion because I had a chance to teach web development.

How important is money to you (would you do this job if the money wasn't good).
There was a :amour love (box hate relationship going there. :lol

Do you truly have passions outside of your job and if so how are you working towards it?
I have started my own visual communications company (Web Development/Graphic Design) and am truly loving it! It's amazing to see something that you love grow and take off. I don't have any kids yet, but maybe this is what it's like. lol. Without the diapers. :)